• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

THC-O Megathread

I don't think you can acetylate a phenol in aqueous media. All of the references refer to acetic anhydride & pyridine (although I guess TEA will also work) is needed. I've seen posts in which sulfuric acid and AA are used, but they all share one thing in common. AA. AA reacts with water (exothermally) .

Even modern patents use AA.

i picked up a different pen yesterday supposedly thc-o. it is def more powerful than the last. a cns depressant. got me nodding and catching my breath. a bit worrying as it wasnt expected. its a nice buzz just wasnt prepared for this effect.

I only looked into synthetic THC analogues briefly but Dr. Alexandros Makriyannis's patents extend the QSAR of the 'classic' ligands. The thing I was impressed by (and which I haven't seen) is the replacing of the 2,2-dimethyl moiety on the hexane (or heptane) chain being replaced with a cyclobutyl. If memory serves, this result in compounds about x100 THC in potency but importantly, a similar duration.

When the actual 'Spice' brand was under the radar hash and not just a term for synthetic crap, I think they used a few of his designs. I have to admit that I struggle to understand the QSAR of all of the numerous synthetic options. I have a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that sooner or later their will be a disaster and many people will be harmed.

I only looked into synthetic THC analogues briefly but Dr. Alexandros Makriyannis's patents extend the QSAR of the 'classic' ligands. The thing I was impressed by (and which I haven't seen) is the replacing of the 2,2-dimethyl moiety on the hexane (or heptane) chain being replaced with a cyclobutyl. If memory serves, this result in compounds about x100 THC in potency but importantly, a similar duration.

When the actual 'Spice' brand was under the radar hash and not just a term for synthetic crap, I think they used a few of his designs. I have to admit that I struggle to understand the QSAR of all of the numerous synthetic options. I have a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that sooner or later their will be a disaster and many people will be harmed.
Isnt that cyclobutyl analogue like extremely selective for one of the cb receptors?

Yes - sub nM affinity. It's quite complex chemistry but I did work out a route.

Just picked up a gram of THC-O flower from the smoke shop in town for my girlfriend. It said it contained 150mg THC-O.

Sounds like that's semi-potent from what I've read about the dosage.

I recently had 5 big vials of the stuff that I was, uh, passing on down the line. Ended up trying some doses of it, back when I was able to risk smoking a little bit more.

I definitely enjoyed it! She liked it too.

I mean, it's stronger than delta-8 right? Is there anything in particular I should know about the effects or anything like that?

A while ago I made about 2 grams of THC-O-Acetate from decarb'd and isomerizerized budder. I followed the tek on skunk pharm except instead of acetic anhydride I used glacial acidic acid which I had read on a couple sources that it works as well. The yield was lower than the budder was originally but it was much more potent.

Basically the tek I used was I dissolved the budder in naphtha and then added it to a pyrex beaker with water in it. Then drop wise I added HCL (30%), one drop per gram of BHO and then added the acidic acid drop wise at 2ml per gram of budder. I put it in a double boiler and cooked it for 1 hour at 80*C with a cover over the pyrex dish. I then separated the naphtha from the water and let it evap. What was left was a tar like substance that was very hard to work with. Apparently its 2x - 3x times stronger than THC ands more psychedelic which after vaping a pin head amount off a piece of tin foil I was extremely high and having intense closed eye visuals. Apparently during the 60's it was researched as an incapacitating agent in the fleetwood arsenal project in the US, I can see why.
Not going to get stoned with you anytime soon

I am def diggin thc-o.
hhc and delta 8 are ok but this gets me more where I wanna be with "other" cannabinoids.
Think imma break this new 2g pen open and just eat it. Had a good experience at a low dose and want to see if it was a one off.

Honestly, I think this stuff may be very, very overblown and overrated (or perhaps it just didn't work for me for some reason). In my experience, it had very little effect on me at all. I took a 25mg THCO edible and found that it essentially had no effect. I may have had some very mild effects. It could've been just after-effects from the 15mg or so of delta-9, I had consumed earlier though. Truthfully, I really didn't feel much of anything from it. A guy I know said the same thing happened when he tried it. Some people I know do say that it's EXTREMELY strong, much stronger than ordinary delta-9 THC. So, I guess it CAN be very strong. But perhaps it's somewhat hit or miss depending on the person.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think this stuff may be very, very overblown and overrated (or perhaps it just didn't work for me for some reason). In my experience, it had very little effect on me at all. I took a 25mg THCO edible and found that it essentially had no effect. I may have had some very mild effects. It could've been just after-effects from the 15mg or so of delta-9, I had consumed earlier though. Truthfully, I really didn't feel much of anything from it. A guy I know said the same thing happened when he tried it. Some people I know do say that it's EXTREMELY strong, much stronger than ordinary delta-9 THC. So, I guess it CAN be very strong. But perhaps it's somewhat hit or miss depending on the person.
The main problem is many of the products out there are completely bunk. I've also bought 50mg edibles that had no effect at all. Most of the carts out there are extremely diluted. They'll say it has 900mg when in reality there is maybe 1-5mg in there.

I've had amazing highs with THC O before but it has it's downsides for sure. It has a very steep tolerance development, for example.

It's difficult to tell it's true potential just based on how unreliable the market is right now.

It's definitely very potent stuff if you get good product. I once ate .1g of good distillate with no tolerance and fell into a deep sleep for 12 hours wondering what happened 😂

The main problem is many of the products out there are completely bunk. I've also bought 50mg edibles that had no effect at all. Most of the carts out there are extremely diluted. They'll say it has 900mg when in reality there is maybe 1-5mg in there.

I've had amazing highs with THC O before but it has it's downsides for sure. It has a very steep tolerance development, for example.

It's difficult to tell it's true potential just based on how unreliable the market is right now.

It's definitely very potent stuff if you get good product. I once ate .1g of good distillate with no tolerance and fell into a deep sleep for 12 hours wondering what happened 😂

I tried THC-O. It literally did nothing. not even a mild buzz. There are simply far too many producers and non are particularly trustworthy. Not to mention, no one seems to know much about THC-O. The biggest thing that seems to slip under most peoples noses is that THC-O derived from Delta 8 and Delta 9 are two different things. From what I can tell, Delta 9 THC-0 is what you want and Delta 8 TCH-O is worthless but it's never labeled on the packaging (probably on purpose) and most people don't even seem to know there's different kinds to begin with.

The THC-O I tried was a 510 vape cartage. I sucked that thing dry in a day or two and never felt even the smallest buzz. A complete and total waste

on top of it being unreliable in terms of the high, I'm just deeply concerned that we really know nothing about what's going into all these random, weed-like products. And all of them seem to have completely unreasonable tolerance issues. As far as I'm concerned, none of them are viable for daily use. By the end of two or three weeks, you'll be paying alot and getting the most unsatisfying, lame high.

At the end of the day, regular old bud is still a FAR better and more sustainable high than even THC-O, the so called "heroin of cannabinoids". what a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried THC-O. It literally did nothing. not even a mild buzz. There are simply far too many producers and non are particularly trustworthy. Not to mention, no one seems to know much about THC-O. The biggest thing that seems to slip under most peoples noses is that THC-O derived from Delta 8 and Delta 9 are two different things. From what I can tell, Delta 9 THC-0 is what you want and Delta 8 TCH-O is worthless but it's never labeled on the packaging (probably on purpose) and most people don't even seem to know there's different kinds to begin with.

The THC-O I tried was a 510 vape cartage. I sucked that thing dry in a day or two and never felt even the smallest buzz. A complete and total waste

on top of it being unreliable in terms of the high, I'm just deeply concerned that we really know nothing about what's going into all these random, weed-like products. And all of them seem to have completely unreasonable tolerance issues. As far as I'm concerned, none of them are viable for daily use. By the end of two or three weeks, you'll be paying alot and getting the most unsatisfying, lame high.

At the end of the day, regular old bud is still a FAR better and more sustainable high than even THC-O, the so called "heroin of cannabinoids". what a joke.
Nice post S-Dog. Good info. But I had to edit out the prices.

The THC-O I tried was a 510 vape cartage. I sucked that thing dry in a day or two and never felt even the smallest buzz.
what's your tolerance like?

I can see how someone with a tolerance wouldn't get high from a few of the carts I've tried, the quality is terrible with most headshop brands, but there are some decent stuff out there.

THC-O seems to have a "synth noid" feel to regarding tolerance, there is a big tolerance gain more than d9-THC, but the stuff definitely gets you high as hell if you have low/small tolerance.

I like it a lot more than d9/regular, but it's not a good replacement for it at all. It's a novelty, but I certainly get high as hell off of it as a non every day cannabinoid user.

So we had a brief discussion on bl discord and wanted to ask here cause I had a hit from another who felt the same there (discord).
I noticed a distinct benzo-like wd from a recent sudden cessation from this drug (thc-o) but could not pinpoint the cause of wd until a few days after being very anxious, high BP, rappid pulse, very little sleep (mostly caused by panic which would shock me awake every hour), aggitation, frustration, general panic throughout the day, loss of appetite, loose bowels in the AMs, hot/cold spells, profuse sweating, confusion, loss of dexterity etc. It was hell for me and had posted here during this time of misery about feeling like I was going through WDs but there was no cause for it. My posts were mainly that I was feeling "shitty" as were my then recent daytime experiences.
When at work and a coworker had a pen of thc-o and offered me some I said fuck it this is a good time to see if the thc-o was the culprit. I was stunned that after a couple puffs on the pen most all the wds melted away within minutes. Shock in disbelief as in decades of using cannabinoids I had never had any issues putting weed away. Other than a couple days of loss of appetie there was no other or lasting wd symptoms.
Has anyone here felt these symptoms (benzo-like [mild to moderate] is all I have to describe them atm) from stopping thc-o?

@6am-64-14m how long were you using it man? That's kinda crazy.

I typically switch back and forth from thco and d8, I don't think I've used it daily for more than a week or two. When my tolerance goes up I switch back to d8

how long were you using it man?
Was on about a gram a week for maybe (ed) 3-4 months.
The poster on discord related that he/she had the same experience with d8 and thc-o. He/she also had been a long time benzo abuser and is currently off bnzd for two years and knows well what bnzd wd looks like.

ed2
My use was all day every day from sun up to bed time.

I always felt like THC O had some synth noid qualities to it. Maybe it's like synth noid withdrawal? I heard those can be quite bad.

I've had d8 withdrawal but it's exactly like regular weed withdrawal and not bad.

HC O had some synth noid qualities to it
OK. Will have to research the dif cause thc-o is fully synthetic iirc and have only had a brush with these products previously.
Poster on discord was all indicating that thc-o hit many receptors that bnzd hit speciffically but havent looked into this yet. Not sure if the research on this has been done....

It does not list any purity or content. It cost just a bit more than the d8 carts I buy. Bought at a vape shop.

I took one small hit 1/3rd the hits I usually take. Very very potent stuff.

I don't think its cut with d8 because there was zero lung burn or taste, ridiculously smooth.

This stuff is crazy good!
Ok. Total disclosure: I cannot tolerate anything that will make my anxiety worse, or give me fucking amped, jumpy feelings. That is why THIS GIRL does heroin.

But, I have been off for 10 days. I still of course miss it. Miss the euphoria and the sedating qualities it holds for me. What would you suggest as a newbie???

I have never vaped. But there is a very reputable vape place (conveniently!) located around the block. This can only be vaped? As I will surely fuck that up too!

Advise, please:cool: