• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

THC-O Megathread

I would strongly recommend that only the slightest "hit" be taken if deciding on vaping. And if eating, please only the smallest of "drops". This way, if there is an adverse reaction, it will not be as intense or last as long. I would hate to be in a state that caused me misery for many hours and if I got stuck I would rather it be for the least amount of time and at the least intensity.
D-8 is a weaker product IMO so maybe this would be a better start. I thought of suggesting this at the start but forgot, my bad.
<3
I went with the D-8 after a quick schooling of all things vape, tincture, edibles etc. Yeah, I agree completely with you on the not starting with THC-O. Because I am
prone to anxiety, I do not want to fuck this little experiment up. I am being tapered off my xanax. It fucking sucks. This week I will be down to .25 a day. From 1 milly for two years. Fuckers. I got the tincture, btw. I figured I might have more control with that dosing method. And, I've lost too many damn people to lung cancer. But who knows? Vaping could be in my future. My daughter is a chronic week smoker. She would shit herself if I told her about this. She knows my
heroin addiction and could never figure out why I wouldn't try weed. I'm telling ya, one trip to the psych hospital was enough for a lifetime!

I feel you, I'm an H/downers guy myself and have pretty bad anxiety in general. I still love stims, though. Love coke/meth. Weed is really the only drug that gives me anxiety.

Cannabinoids could help a lot getting off the H, but it depends on the person.

THC-O isn't totally free of anxiety, it just produces significantly less than weed itself.

You can vape or eat it, it's actually better to eat it. It's pretty strong, I ate about .2g of distillate once and fell into a very deep sleep for 12 hours. Lasts a long time. You can just dump some distillate on a cracker or glob of peanut butter. Eating it is a little more difficult to control your dose, though, and it's easier to take more than intended.

It has less anxiety and less thought loops than weed, but it's also stronger in some ways and feels a little more psychedelic at the same time (bit paradoxical). Are you comfortable with psychedelics?

I'd say it's worth a try. It might help a lot with keeping off the junk.

It's important to find a good brand especially regarding THC-O, there are a lot of scam products out there that are completely bunk!

3chi and DazeD are two brands I would recommend.

Also, if you vape THC-O, it's important to note that it takes unusually long to hit you. You'll feel it in a few minutes, but takes about 20-30 minutes to peak (while vaping, which is unusual). Only drug I know of that takes that long to hit while smoking/vaping.
went with 3chi D-8: comfortably numb? 300mg to start. they have 1200 but I do not know what I am in for. I got the tincture. I am kinda excited though. Should
I be with someone when I try this??!!

went with 3chi D-8: comfortably numb? 300mg to start. they have 1200 but I do not know what I am in for. I got the tincture. I am kinda excited though. Should
I be with someone when I try this??!!

d8 feels a lot like regular weed, but it's less psychedelic and produces less anxiety

it's very forgiving, if you take too much and feel anxious it will pass quickly

personally, when I vape d8 it can give me a little anxiety but only for about 20 minutes, then it levels off into a relaxing high-- might be a little longer with the tincture

you don't need to be with anyone just take it slow, and it if it gives you anxiety don't worry too much it won't last that long

Reports of fairly rough withdrawals are starting to pop up regarding thc-o acetate. Of course there arent many yet but suspect there to be more to come.
Just be prepared for it if this becomes a "thing" for you.

"I've experienced the same with d8, hhc, thc-o and thc-p (and probably a few others). I'd never had withdrawals from weed before in YEARS of daily use. D8 came around, and a few months later, same boat as you. Can't stop without awful wds"
r/drugnerds

" ok! im not the only one. i get em from d8 too. it's not surprising. the alternate noids have GABA activity through TRPV channels. I think TRPV manipulation is how you get all the other effects from weed - anxiety relief, pain relief... it's not weed doing it w CB system, it's triggering mu and gaba activity through the CB system. but ya - any time i eat d8 for a couple of days i get a straight benzo like wd syndrome - mild - but noticeable. it was MUCH more pronounced in my immediate after cessation of bzds and in withdrawals"
bl discord

• I wanted to share this because I recently had a concerning experience after consuming THC O. I had been noticing this supposedly stronger THC derivative popping up at smoke shops and gas stations and decided to try it. So one day I bought a pack of edibles and consumed about 200mg. This may sound like a high dose but that’s what I would usually take with delta 8 so I figured it wasn’t a big deal. Anyway, the experience in itself wasn’t particularly bad, was a little enjoyable but not as much so as regular THC, and initially the comedown didn’t seem so bad. But for some reason, about three or four days later, out of the blue I started to get nasty anxiety and obsessive thoughts. I have trouble with this to begin with but this time seemed especially intense. It got bad enough to the point where I was scratching myself as a maladaptive coping mechanism. This concerned me because it seemed to be more pronounced than usual. As I researched the situation further I found that others had issues with it as well."
  • blueligh.org
my own exp:
"From a recent sudden cessation from this drug (thc-o) but could not pinpoint the cause of wd until a few days after being very anxious, high BP, rappid pulse, very little sleep (mostly caused by panic which would shock me awake every hour), aggitation, frustration, general panic throughout the day, loss of appetite, loose bowels in the AMs, hot/cold spells, profuse sweating, confusion, loss of dexterity etc. It was hell for me and had posted here during this time of misery about feeling like I was going through WDs but there was no cause for it. My posts were mainly that I was feeling "shitty" as were my then recent daytime experiences.
When at work and a coworker had a pen of thc-o and offered me some I said fuck it this is a good time to see if the thc-o was the culprit. I was stunned that after a couple puffs on the pen most all the wds melted away within minutes. Shock in disbelief as in decades of using cannabinoids I had never had any issues putting weed away. Other than a couple days of loss of appetie there was no other or lasting wd symptoms.
Has anyone here felt these symptoms (benzo-like [mild to moderate] is all I have to describe them atm) from stopping thc-o?"

some would propose that anyone who has gone through bzd wd may be more susceptible to these severe wds.

Will follow through with this as info surfaces.

Be careful, fam.
<3

Last edited:
So I tried Urb THC-O disposal vape. My first time with any of these products. I’m a recovering herion pill meth addict and the high from this is definitely feeling like the high I got shooting herion! Much to my surprise it’s filling that itch and keeping me off herion/meth/pills. It helps relieve my chronic pain and anxiety and I can sleep!

I've found all the "CBD store" cannabinoids to cause a rapid tolerance increase. This may be related to D8 and it's derivatives being more active at the CB2 receptors. However, this was true to an extent even with HHC which I had high hopes for. This is possibly because of it (and the others) being an isolated chemical without the other cannabinoids found in the flower. I wonder if pure D9 would cause a more rapid tolerance increase.

Rapid tolerance increase with these is reported all over online. Rapid tolerance increase would logically result in addiction developing more quickly and strongly.

I'm not buying anymore of the CBD store cannabinoids with the possible exception of D9, which often has other cannabinoids. I'll use what I have and not turn any free, or very cheap, samples down. But I'm going to tend away from them.

What is the deal with thc-o and other cannabinoids?

What is the difference between thc-o and say the jw-range?

How many legal cannabinoids are there in the US. How many illegal cannabinoids?

From my experience so far:

Pros:
- More euphoric (almost narcotic type euphoria)
- Clear headed high
- Zero anxiety, dizziness or thought loops
- More psychedelic and has a different feel to it, almost empathogenic qualities
- Amazing sleep
- All the other good effects of cannabis

Neutral:
- Can be very sedating, but also less "stoney"
- Longer duration
- Takes longer to reach effect (20-30 min when vaped)

Cons:
- Tolerance builds much more rapidly than d9 (likely due to higher affinity and duration)
- Possibly not safe to vape
- Not much data on general safety profile

THC-O feels slightly different than THC (in a good way IMO) and almost has a narcotic like euphoria to it which I enjoyed greatly. I had a fairly high tolerance before trying it so it's hard to gauge it's true potency.

⚠️ Warning ⚠️ BINOIDS BRAND
is cut with MCT oil and is this causing reports of lung pain/heaviness after vaping Binoids brand products. The safety of vaping MCT oil is unknown. AVOID BINOID BRAND.
###############

After playing around with it today I think I have a good feel for it. This stuff is amazing. On par with d9 if not better - it just feels different. It slowly comes on over 15-30 minutes when vaped and lasts a least 5+ hours. The latter part of the high being more sedating and calming. The first few hours were stimulating, euphoric and somewhat psychedelic (I have tolerance)

Its much less "stoning" than d9. It's very clearheaded, psychedelic and stimulating but there is no anxiety or dizziness or cough at all!

It has a particularly different feel to it, almost empathogenic qualities.

Yes in some ways it feels more potent than d9-THC, but in other ways less.
I definitely agree it’s more like a narcotic high! For me it feels like a combination of a alcoholic buzz and opiates high! I’m relaxed for hours!

Frankly the high from this stuff is magical. It almost has narcotic like euphoria to it. It feels like weed with all the clunky slow stoney taken out.

Definitely sticking to oral for now until I know why it makes my lungs hurt. Shit is strong. Dosed .2g distillate (cut) orally and took a 12 hour nap. Woke up at 1am wondering what dimension I'm in.

These products were mass produced by "reputable" companies and just hit every headshop in America. It's hard for me to believe this would be released after the vitamin E fiasco if it had the same dangers?

Still, I found what it did to my lungs alarming, enough for me not to want to vape it again.
Lol shit every time I pass out n wake up from vaping I’m like wtf am I

So we had a brief discussion on bl discord and wanted to ask here cause I had a hit from another who felt the same there (discord).
I noticed a distinct benzo-like wd from a recent sudden cessation from this drug (thc-o) but could not pinpoint the cause of wd until a few days after being very anxious, high BP, rappid pulse, very little sleep (mostly caused by panic which would shock me awake every hour), aggitation, frustration, general panic throughout the day, loss of appetite, loose bowels in the AMs, hot/cold spells, profuse sweating, confusion, loss of dexterity etc. It was hell for me and had posted here during this time of misery about feeling like I was going through WDs but there was no cause for it. My posts were mainly that I was feeling "shitty" as were my then recent daytime experiences.
When at work and a coworker had a pen of thc-o and offered me some I said fuck it this is a good time to see if the thc-o was the culprit. I was stunned that after a couple puffs on the pen most all the wds melted away within minutes. Shock in disbelief as in decades of using cannabinoids I had never had any issues putting weed away. Other than a couple days of loss of appetie there was no other or lasting wd symptoms.
Has anyone here felt these symptoms (benzo-like [mild to moderate] is all I have to describe them atm) from stopping thc-o?
I had the sniffles and upset colon until I hit my vape a few times!

Thats very interesting - and not totally surprising information about the withdrawal to be honest. I have been a long time, heavy benzo user during my lifetime (I have now been sober from 'harder drugs' for about a year not counting maintenance opiates, which i'm almost off now too) so reading this is concerning to me.
I have a medical cannabis prescription here in the UK and it is expensive at the moment.
I first cut the cost by ordering CBD flower from the states, which I still do as well as buying my THC flower from the pharmacy. I recently started ordering quantities of distillate just basically due to the price point at which its set, the availability and the fact I don't have a portable dry herb vape I actually like and distillate is just so easy to make carts with.

Out of them all, at the moment i am mainly using d8 in the daytimes and when I do I like the fact it doesn't get me as high as normal d9 flower. I find making carts of 1:1 CBD:D8 works well for me if I am out and about instead of using my CBD flower but then I also usually move on to just d8 carts for the day time.
I'v so far only tried d8-thc-o but I do have 30g of d9-thc-o on it way too. The withdrawl reports are concerning but for me I don't find it hard to just use another form of cannabis and keep taking lots of space between use. I am lucky in that I have legal access to as much normal weed as I can afford - which is the issue, I cant afford as much as I want! ha

I really have just been using the d8-THC-o in the evenings but I am also making sure I am leaving gaps of a day or two so in between use - this is kind of instinctual for me with cannabis products I try to switch it up a lot s I find it mitigates some x tolerance with edibles, dry herb vapes, dabs and alternate cannabinoids. I find if I leave a few days between each they work much better. so one day edibles, the next dry herb vape, next day alternate noids, next day dry herb vape, next day dabs, etc etc.

The reason I say i'm not surprised to hear about the quick tolerance build is that I get that with any cannabinoid distillate but it doesn't happen with flower - or even really when its mixed with terps for me or at least not as bad as without. Still different to flower though...
Also the reason it doesnt surprise me that people are experiencing some mild withdrawl's is just down to what we have learnt about the ECS through people being addicted to 'spice' - synthetic cannabinoids.
I KNOW it's a different kettle of fish and the whole partial agonist vs partial agonist thing makes them very different substances, its more just what we know about how drastically the endocannabinoid system can affect the body. I mean the fact you an even overdose off of a full agonist is pretty interesting (although maybe not for the people who overdosed).
I was in prison for 4 years about 4 years ago (I just finished my probation woop woop) and whilst inside a lot of the time the only drug or mind altering substance that was about was 'spice' and synthetic cannabinoids. I don't fully know which ones as I wasn't ordering or smuggling it in myself but the point of the story is the fact that over a sustained period it brought on withdrawls like nothing I have ever experienced and they sound INCREDIBLY similar to the withdrawl's people are describing here.

Now, WHY a partial or even a set of partial agonists would act this way and yet regular d9 THC doesn't seem to do it, even in the same form, Is really strange.

Due to the fact i'm in the UK I cant really get hold on regular d9 distillate, other than to distil it myself with no testing labs (so im fine on that one - even if I am interested in the extraction/purification/ synthesis of noids) but it would be very interesting to know if anyone has experienced any cessation withdrawals from regular d9 thc distilate - although im guessing not.
The one time I did get some, the only thing I noticed which was similar was how quick my tolerence rose to stop it seeming as powerful but I didn't have/ couldnt afford enough in this country to actually really test it out.
I only have a couple grams of the d8-thco left and so I guess when that runs out I shall see if I have withdrawls from it or not - until the d9-thc-o arrives at least!
Honestly, given how long the stuff lasts it wouldnt surprise me if a few days between doses even does anything but we'll see! lol

so iv been thinking over the past day and I have a couple questions on the whole withdrawal thing.

To those who have felt benzo like withdrawals from this substance;
Did you notice the withdrawals after TOTAL cannabinoid abstinence? Did you find substituting normal d9-THC in any form helped with the withdraws or did you only try the same thc-o or whatever artificially synthesised cannabinoids you were withdrawing from?
In other words, i'm wondering if you noticed it only after total abstinence from all cannabinoids, or did you notice it on top of using normal THC cannabis flower?

obviously, I know from going through lots and lots of different withdrawals, if you take another drug I the same family it tends to go away - so i'm wondering if im not experiencing these withdrawals because I always have flower or rosin or hash, which is what I mainly use and have just been using extra single cannabinoid distillates on top of that.

Essentially, i'm wondering If the levels of cannabinoids in my system are always too high to be able to get the withdrawals your talking about (Ok, i was gonna ignore the lame pun but I have to ha!)

I just got a text saying my d9-thco is coming tomorrow, so i'm pretty chuffed I get to try the acetylated d9 as i'm not in the states so it isn't as easy as just popping to the CBD farm or whatever you do there.

I will still be taking it easy on it though and only using it in vape pens for when im going out and about (and maybe to spike my normal evening session on the very odd occassion).
I'm happy to mess about with these substances - given I clearly can't mess around with any other substances given that iv been a horrible drug addict for years and it results in very destructive behaviour. If it was only me it affected, I probably would have carried on but it infects everyone you know and care about -not just yourself.
Since getting sober from benzos and opiates, im happy to be able to mess around with these a little but i would never want to make these distillates my primary form of cannabinoid medicine - its just too sketchy for that.

They are useful tools to use on occasion, given the stupid laws and easy availability - not given the effects necessarily.

I feel like if these had been sprayed on random bits of green plant material instead of the synthetic ones that were in 'spice' we would have avoided a whole thing and I personally think it would have done a lot for cannabis legalisation throughout Europe.
Instead we got dangerous compounds that were linked to cannabis enough to reenforce what the prohibitionists were saying about it being dangerous but different enough to where it would FUCK people up, unlike any cannabinoids we had ever seen before. Most people who smoked weed anyway when the spice came out they just stuck to bud but it obviously ran rampant throughout the poor, homeless and jail populations. Sound familiar? It should...look at cocaine's history.

I dunno, i'm just mulling stuff over and I guess thinking into my computer...

To those who have felt benzo like withdrawals from this substance;
Did you notice the withdrawals after TOTAL cannabinoid abstinence?
THC-O cessation only for me. No other weed products to use in the period I experienced.
I feel that flower would have done something for the WDs but couldnt obtain.

Cessation of legal cannabinoids causes typical, but sometimes significant, THC withdrawal in me. This is alleviated by normal flower, but it takes more of it because of tolerance increase.

Hi Guys!

I just found these articles:

Vaping Cannabinoid Acetates Leads to Ketene Formation (https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.chemrestox.2c00170)

Vaping Aerosols from Vitamin E Acetate and Tetrahydrocannabinol Oil: Chemistry and Composition (https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.chemrestox.2c00064)

Seems acetylated cannabinoids are not safe for smoking/vaping!

Greetz
THC-O is an acetate (delta-8 THC-O acetate) but delta-8 THC itself is not, correct? From what I can tell THC-O products should be the only acetates. Google searches didn't turn up much save for saying that THC-O is synthesized from delta-8 THC by turning it into an acetate using acetic anhydride.

THC-O is an acetate (delta-8 THC-O acetate) but delta-8 THC itself is not, correct? From what I can tell THC-O products should be the only acetates. Google searches didn't turn up much save for saying that THC-O is synthesized from delta-8 THC by turning it into an acetate using acetic anhydride.
As far as I know thc-o is the only acetate.
I was looking at the published citation of this:
and was kinda "wowwed" by the following:
Reacts violently with water
If in fact thc-o produces ketene.
The reason I included "if" is because of the following:
potential ketene formation from Δ8-THC acetate, as well as two other cannabinoids acetates, CBN acetate and CBD acetate, under vaping conditions.
"potential" is emboldened and italicized by myself.
:unsure: