TDS Member Feedback - Questions? Comments? Suggestions?

OK, I Know Where You Are Coming From Hannah...

I think that the rules in place regarding no triggering content/NSFW tags are absolutely fair and necessary. As an example, although I do not self-harm and have no history of it, it has upset me to see some photos related to cutting in the past. Hannah, I see your point about wanting to feel free to discuss these things in an open and frank manner, it is important to also use tact and courtesy. There are ways to talk about SI that are not potentially triggering; same goes for every other serious issue. I know I wouldn't want to see photos in the alcoholism thread of everyone's favorite poison of choice

As someone who has self mutilated and turned to TDS for help, I gotta agree with Mariposa. Hannah hun, about a third of my posts in the SI Thread have been edited or erased. However, I in turn respect N3o and Paranoid Android (you guys are both wonderful!) enough to trust when they feel I've crossed a line that might trigger others, they are correct. It's actually refreshing. The pain I create is directed at ME and I would be horrified to know I made someone feel they deserved that same pain. In the late '90s I spend some time in Pro Ana forums and we obviously all got progressively sicker, and smarter about staying sick. That is EXACTLY what the rules in the TDS keep from happening.

....There are many times when reading a kind word from someone could do more than any drug out there - we have a true fellowship.

Amen sister.

I am relatively new here and the care and concern the moderators I have interacted with have probably saved my life. If that's not a glowing review, I don't know what it. =D

Much love to you lgb. You're a valuable newcomer and I'm so glad we have been able to help you <3
I hope you stick around here for many years to come :)

Well honestly I think TDS is a life saver. My friend is a mod and convinced me to stop being a lurker and get involved. I don't feel like my experiences are unique in any way but being able to talk with like minded people has helped tremendously. When I first came to BL I thought of TDS as the shit I didn't want to know about or almost feared it.

All I wanna do now is help like I have been helped before. If I can save one person from killing themselves, or contuining this struggle against their DOC, I will feel like I did my job. I believe good people interactions can make all the difference in this struggle. Its my opinion that BL in general keeps thousands of people safe on a daily basis. If it weren't for the knowledge I gained here I could have seriously hurt myself over the years.

I think people being able to come to a place where they can let out their deepest secrets and feel safe doing it is an amazing thing.

I guess in the end all I truly want to say is Thank You!

what is the time limit on feedback? I know that I have something to say,I just don't know exactly what it is. I love TDS but I have a phobia of truly participating. I know that some of it is a personal fear issue, but I also know that I have written down many thoughts on many forums/threads/issues in my big geek 3 ring binder of a Bluelight journal. I know I belong here,posting,not lurking and I know of one idea that I have that I think would help many Bluelighters and I know it belongs here. I would rather,however, give feedback in a single pm or post rather than having a new post every 5 minutes bc I am giving into my impulsive nature. so knowing sooner is probably better than later,are we talking a few days for serious contributions or do I have a week to 10 days. I promise my input will be well thought and proactive and NOT a waste of anyone's time. I would have inquired sooner but I have had health problems that have kept me away lately.
anyway..yada yada yada...we all know I could go on and on but I will not.
Thanks for the chance to contribute.
Much Peace and Love....................................skillz<3

I have to admit TDS to me isnt what it used to be in a sence, but i understand most of the posters here have lots of deep problems (me included), but understand that people in bad spots cant always offer those kind words and support not by thier own fault, just the fact there is enough on thier plate without worrieng about other peoples shit...
im using my thread here to log my bullshit and hopefully be able to look at how im progressing or going downhill, it always seems to be 50/50 for me. Nethertheless i love being part of this community and sometimes its the only place i can come to vent. Such is life, sorry if this is not exactly feedback, i just felt it nessacery to post this
Much <3 to all who come to TDS and come to think of it all Bluelighters.
good things come of here and also bad, i wish everyone here happyness and furfillment of getting over thier problems and as much support as i can give along the way.

^Thank you for your input!
It is truly appreciated!<3

what is the time limit on feedback? I know that I have something to say,I just don't know exactly what it is. I love TDS but I have a phobia of truly participating.

You have been participating Skillz! You don't have to immediately open up with all your issues, I know I certainly didn't! TDS is a great place to start out with what you feel comfortable with. :)

You help out so many great Bluelighters here Skillz, so I hope you really can see what a great difference you have made in so many people's lives. I know at the very least you have made a positive impact on my life, and thank you for that! If that isn't participating I don't know what is. :D

TDS is awesome for those who need help and reassurance, as well as a place to vent. The staff are also very kind and open-hearted to those who ask for help.

TDS lacks foot rubs, the lights flickers, and the bathrooms are always full. ;)

I just said something somewhere else about the doom & gloom, and realized that though the topics are still serious the members and staff have continuously moved TDS to a more positive framework. TDS is the best I've ever known it to be and keeps getting better. There are dozens upon dozens of great members right know that are supportive and powerfully knowledgeable. Staff here is great. I'm still trying to determine which one is the most ticklish.;)

I do get to worked up about the 12step/abstinence vs other-approaches/moderation topic. I know its been a hotspot around here for years.I've been a dick about it at times. For myself I think my best approach is to stay within the OPs set out purpose when it is clear and memberate lots less. Except when it comes to keeping ocean in line which really takes a concerted effort on the behalf of the whole community. ;)

thanks you, it means a lot and is valued, good or hmm not so good...

i dont have much problem with AA, i was invoided with NA for a coupe years, then dropped out, heh.
i stopped drinking and doing and drugs, expect my prescriptions for many years with out it though.

i believe the individual should get more credit for quiting; via a firm understanding of why. with the action of quiting not really being much of a decision at all, just a necessary step, or riddance...! /over with it...

a firm or fucked up push in way is usually needed though.

it seems -
from my experience.

I think that this forum should be either "highlighted" or not under Drug Discussion. Since the sites mission statement is about harm reduction, this is the type of forum that is most conductive to that. Or maybe start a new Forum called Harm Reduction. And it could include the dark side, healthy, living, a link to the Case Studies in OD, (and the Harm Reduction sub-forum i just noticed=D).

I know this sounds pretty obvious but what I appreciate most about TDS is the balance it adds to the drug forums. It's the forum we can point to when people accuse us of being 'pro-drug'. It is also one of the darkest places on the board, and the most difficult to be involved with on a regular basis. Props to all.

I try to offer up some help to those thinking of suicide or just being down due to addiction as I have gotten off a long term opiate habit that was crazy hard and it was only hydrocodone/morphine. I usually come off as a psychedelic happy-go-lucky type to those who are suffering which makes me feel even worse than before I post. My advice involves some type of "things will get better" every time when I go back and read them...I can't help but think that some of my positive light will spread even if it is only through 1's and 0's. Great forum and great posters........Carl Landrover is an inspiration with his contributions.

Nice comments otherside, thanks for your input :)
I agree, Carl is an awesome Dark Sider <3

Eating Disorder Support -version no numbers? A request

*tiptoe in, clear throat*
Hey , Im fairly new here but long time lurker and Ive been following some of these threads. I wasnt sure how to approach this issue- I considered raising it in the main thread thats already established, or mentioning it as feedback- but thought that perhaps it wouldnt be fair to ask others to censor content, especially as a noobie ;)

Instead I thought that it would be worthwhile to create another thread so that people can decide for themselves, and also to bring awareness to those without an eating disorder and the community as a whole.

Sometimes it can be difficult for those struggling with food and weight issues to read specific details about how much or what foods others eat, or what foods they avoid, how many calories they consume, dieting rules someone might follow, properties of specific foods specificaly calorie content, fat content, carbohydrate and protein. It can also be especially triggering to read about much someone weighs/used to weigh/wants to weigh. Many recovery-oriented forums or RL supports have a "no numbers" policy to protect people who might find such information detrimental.

In addition, I have an issue that while isnt typically part of the no numbers policy, I personally find this the most offputting so If I could ask for any unsolicited advice about what/when/where/why/how or with whom to eat or not eat, Id find that really helpful!

Oh, and lastly, I almost forgot....remember that its not REALLY about food or weight at all ;)

*tiptoe out*