TDS Member Feedback - Questions? Comments? Suggestions?

^^ Thank you so much for your input hun <3

The TDS live chat is a great idea, perhaps we will discuss promoting it again.

i stumbled into bluelight while looking for some specific info totally unrelated to any TDS topic. but TDS is the biggest reason i'm still hangin around. as mariposa said there is a sense of "true fellowship" here. there are people here who are suffering, people who have survived, and some who are surviving the surviving. there is always someone here to extend a hand, to lend an ear, and to say "you are not alone."
i've made it past a hell of a lot of bad crap more or less in one piece. years ago i really felt totally and completely alone w/ my struggles. back then if there had been a place like bluelight and TDS, maybe i could have made some different choices. as an example, there's a current thread about ECT. if this forum existed at the time, maybe i could have saved myself a few IQ points and brain cells.
there has to be balance and i think that both current and former mods here have done and continue to do a fantastic job.
there are many different voices here and if one voice gets through to someone in crisis, there is no greater good.
(all apologies for the choppy-ness of the post. after a dozen or so interruptions, i'm finally hitting "submit")
-izzy

Thanks for the feedback you guys! :)

As far as the live chat bit goes- I believe we can bring back gabbly chat......
I do like the idea of keeping a live chat open-
Again, Thanks so much for the suggestions and comments <3

Thank you izzy, it's so good to hear that TDS has helped you so much <3

TDS is a wonderful forum = I think rules regarding that you have to treat people with respect - even if you completely disagree with them. TDS is a place for people to solve problems, not form new ones. Thats what so great about this forum.

Live help yes! great idea. We have great mods in this forum and I think that could be arranged. Sometimes you are the person who needs help, sometimes you're the one that can give that advice that helps someone else; TDS is a great place to give, and receive.

I have been to some psych forums, ect and I just wanted to tell you guys that you are the best! You are always so understanding and always know what to say to encourage healthy living. I love TDS mods the most out of everyone on Bluelight. You guys rock, seriously! <3

Much love,
gloeek

gloeek i told ya to check out TDS!!! ;)))) cuz of my pic lol

personally i'd like to see more positive shit about dealing with addiction rather than negative shit (80% of the threads it seems.)

^^ That is a great point, thank you treezy.

We always welcome "success stories" here in TDS, but of course we can't dictate what types of threads people are going to post so there will always be some negative ones in there as well.

Would you prefer it if we had something along of the lines of a "success stories" mega-thread, in which everyone could discuss the positive aspects of sobriety etc?? Or would it be better to let each person post their own success story thread individually?

^^ That is a great point, thank you treezy.

We always welcome "success stories" here in TDS, but of course we can't dictate what types of threads people are going to post so there will always be some negative ones in there as well.

Would you prefer it if we had something along of the lines of a "success stories" mega-thread, in which everyone could discuss the positive aspects of sobriety etc?? Or would it be better to let each person post their own success story thread individually?

Another suggestion;

Whoever actively participates in TDS, especially those people who over-analyze their situation * i am one of them * - These people must must install something ( a robotic arm on the side of their computer) - that enables the moderator to have the computer hold a rag with chloroform up to your nose - so you can stop talking about it - and realize within only several hours, some things arent quite as bad as you thought =p

For anyone who doesnt know what chloroform is - its always in moves - bad guys use it in a rag, go behind their victim - put it over their motuh -and it puts the person under (unconscious, not death).

^ I take it you're joking man. Chloroform might be a bit harsh. Maybe a big rubber hand that just slaps ya in the face, covers your mouth, spills coffee on your keyboard, etc. ;)

Live chat is an excellent idea. We will definitely look into our options for setting up a 24/7 chatroom that will be easy to access and such.

Thank you all so far for your feedback!

^ I like that idea a lot. Judging by the number of times 'lonely' comes up in the One Word thread, it would certainly be a boon. I'd use it.

how is saying you've Self-Injured, not as triggering as saying how you did so?...Why not put it in NSFW?...Why not ban all talk altogether?...Seems like a better idea and a bit more clear as we would all know what to expect and it would make your job easier...Because for me...Just having someone support me is good...but what if they don't know the details because some mod edited them out?...Important details...Hello?...Am I insane?...or are the polices about no triggering talk just moot?...:|

^I personally think the policies for no triggering talk/photos etc. are there for a very good reason.
You can get support from people without having to go into details that may contribute to someone else's self harm......

Hi I’m still relatively new to TDS but enjoying its content all the same, would it be too difficult to set up a private chat room for those who want to talk confidentially a room that is safe but still monitored by the mods all the same.

There appears to be lot of suffering on BL and I was just wondering if there are ppl who are just not coming forward who need the support or maybe I’ve got it all wrong and there is such a place, just a thought.

^Thanks for your feedback Simon! ;)
We are working on getting together a Live Chat type of thing-
The problem with it being moderated, as you suggested, is that it will be an off-site chat room. Which means it will not be a direct part of BL. But I think the idea of a TDS Live Chat being available is great- Hopefully we can get it going soon! :)

well why I am having a very bad day,TDS is where I should be.My only suggestion to make TDS better would be to have a psychology forum separate from TDS.The reason is because so many addicts struggle w/ abuse & use,plus psychiatric/psychological problems,but not all of us want to enter the dark side to discuss an array of apropos topics,from helping young people,nudging them in the right direction,to complex discussions on meds,side effects,up to date information on the newest and best medicines,not to mention people like me who have been in therapy for 10 years and on meds for a list of psychological and psychiatric illnesses.The most dangerous of my own illnesses is manic-depressive illness.I,like one of my heroes Kay Redfield Jameson,prefer the name bc it refers to an ilness,over the term bi-polar disorder.Illness lends to the ear to an inexorable force of nature where disorder is term that seems to resonate a fault in a person,for example disorderly conduct.While Kay and I share this semantic view,those words are a very lose paraphrase from her book "An Unquiet Mind:A Memoir of Moods and Madness".I think triggers are just as real in the recovery process as they are in the psychological progress.I hate that after 10 years of therapy I have to go to TDS to talk psychological issues and illnesses.My illness is not always dark but going to TDS to find info or talk to others diagnosed with so many true illnesses,does not help my moods-which are already swinging like Poe's Pendulum.I know Rome was not built in a day,but I believe a Psychology/Psychiatry forum might help lift some darkness on those who truly need love and light,and whom do not have to feel that their illnesses make them nothing more than a snuffed out flame. Just my humble opinion.

peace n love..............skillz<3

^ Instead of a seperate forum, how 'bout a megathread for people suffering from psychiatric illnesses? I know there's an Anxiety/Depression megathread, but it hasn't been very active lately, and it seems to have sunk down through the pages of the forum.

^A single mega-thread dealing with mental illness would be very inadequate imo. I suspect the mods would be OK with people starting threads (potential mega-threads) about specific mental health issues. TDS is oriented towards people starting threads about their specific problems or participating in mega threads, which ever fits their personal comfort level.

My biggest feedback to TDS mods or mods in any forum is to be present and active within the forum, which the TDS mods are doing. When mods are only heard from in regards to problems or not seen for weeks at a time--I tend to think their position is more about holding a title than about being entrusted members with important functions within the community. (Fully realizing vacations & personal crises happen, but a mod & their peers ought to be able to form a picture of participant-stewards vs title holders imo.)

I'm very new to bluelight and have only joined in the last week, i've only written a few posts and had a few replies but I have spent a lot of time reading a lot of the threads in TDS and have so far found it very interesting and informative. A lot of the reading I have been doing has also come as a great comfort to me, which is fantastic as at the moment i've hit rock bottom and I have found great solace in TDS. Everyone seems to be very caring and shows genuine concern for others. I for one am very impressed and will continue to visit TDS regularly to find support and hopefully be able to offer my support to others if I can be of any help at all.

I found Bluelight by chance and i'm very glad I did. Keep up the good work!

:)

Thanks for the feedback you guys!! :)

As far as the more MEGA threads for mental illness goes-
If any member would like to start a thread on mental illness they are more than welcome to.
We do like individual threads b/c it gives the opportunity to focus the attention to a specific situation- but having a MEGA thread for, say Bipolar, as mentioned above, or any mental illness would be an excellent idea. Sharing links and information can only be a good thing, I think :) I bumped some of my favorite old threads on certain mental illnesses or medications . If you plan on making a thread, you may want to search TDS beforehand. There are a number of threads on many different mental illnesses, you may be able to draw from them and also avoid duplicates......
Great suggestions you guys! Thanks again! :)