TDS Member Feedback - Questions? Comments? Suggestions?

I have no complaints, only thanks and respect. You guys saved my life, really. I was at a time of my life where I had no one to turn to who was really convincing for me to get some medical help except here after a severe suicide attempt which I had barely survived. So I made a thread hours after dosing myself with an unimaginably extreme cocktail overdose, waiting for my body to comprehend all the chemicals being processed through it asking for your input. Dumb as it may sound doing it on the internet, I feel no shame about that.

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=413642

I went to the hospital (though they seriously doubted my chances of survival at the time) solely because of your guys' help (and rath, a good friend of mine here), otherwise I would have never changed my mind and died alone in that dark room at 18 years of age. I felt genuine compassion, sympathy, and a transference that made me feel less alone in the world and somewhat feeling being worth something. Instead of so many other places at the Wild West of the internet (Ripper, webcam suicides at chatrooms, etc.), I was fortunate to end up here and be able to talk about this a year later, even if everyone posting at the thread at the time thought I had died. I have now gone the longest I ever have without a suicide attempt in years, 14 months.

No complaints.

Cloudburst, thank you for your feedback, but more importantly thank you for going to the ER that night, and sticking around. I'm so glad you're still with us <3

Thank you everyone else for your feedback as well, we truly appreciate it <3

personally i'd like to see more positive shit about dealing with addiction rather than negative shit (80% of the threads it seems.)

Read my success story!

If 80% of the stories are negative that makes sense though. Roughly 75% of alcoholics, tobacco smokers, and heroin addicts who attempt to quit actually end up relapsing around the 9 month mark.

This would attribute for less "success" stories and more "dark" ones.

There's still success stories there in TDS though! Feel free to read mine. :)

^I personally think the policies for no triggering talk/photos etc. are there for a very good reason.
You can get support from people without having to go into details that may contribute to someone else's self harm......

I concur Ocean, the rest of BL is full of triggering talk and photos, might as well keep a lower degree of drug abuse in TDS.

I think TDS should be in 'community', not in 'drug discussion'. I realize that most problems have to do with drug use, but certainly not all of them. It just seems kind of weird that a forum that deals a lot (probably mostly) with people in or people considering recovery is called a drug discussion forum. It's not a big issue, but I think community will fit better. Anyone agree about this?

^ We've actually discussed that before among staff. It's a valid point to make and an option that BL might consider in the future. You are correct in that it's not exclusively a drug-topic forum, so it does not fit in perfectly under 'drug discussion.' Thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks for the feedback you guys! :)

As far as the live chat bit goes- I believe we can bring back gabbly chat......
I do like the idea of keeping a live chat open-
Again, Thanks so much for the suggestions and comments <3

i have been hanging out in the bluelighted chat on irc, maybe it could be stickied that there is a chat open already... ? i've not been on bluelight long but the first thing i did was source out a chat ;) <3

I must admit, TDS has not always been one of my favorite forums. Lately I find myself spending more time here than any other place on BL and find great comfort within these threads. I have grown weary of "quasi-scientific drug talk" in OD, BDD, etc. TDS has become a place where I feel I can make a positive difference and hopefully make an impact one some lives (including my own). I find true gratification here and feel at home in the "darkness." I know N3ophy7e and the gang work tirelessly to make a difference for us all and they deserve our respect. It's hard to listen and offer advice everyday and not get financially compensated. I can only imagine how cumbersome it can be. So, thanks you guys and thanks to ALL of you who make this the great place it is. If anyone needs a friend or just someone to vent to, you know how to reach me. Much love...

^^ Thanks so much B <3 I'm glad you're spending a bit more time in here. It is rewarding huh :)

^ We've actually discussed that before among staff. It's a valid point to make and an option that BL might consider in the future. You are correct in that it's not exclusively a drug-topic forum, so it does not fit in perfectly under 'drug discussion.' Thanks for the suggestion!
I have to second this one! I always thought it was weird... "Community" seems like the exact perfect place for a forum like TDS, regardless of any other things that might be in any other category. :)

Not sure if this is the place or not but here goes. The last few days when I log on and then go to post something I can't. I get a message that I need to refresh the page and log on. I am logged on though! My last post I hit copy first so I would not lose it but what's the deal? Any ideas?

^ The support forum is a good place to get help w/ those sort of problem. I would try clearing your cookies and cache and see if that helps. You'll lose some automatic log-ins and might need to remember some passwords but it often clears up strange problems. If you tell me what browser your using I'll get you instructions on how to do that if you don't know how.

Also Bluelight posting works better for some reason when the 'Remember me' is ticked at log-in.

Last edited:
^ The support forum is a good place to get help w/ those sort of problem. I would try clearing your cookies and cache and see if that helps. You'll lose some automatic log-ins and might need to remember some passwords but it often clears up strange problems. If you tell me what browser your using I'll get you instructions on how to do that if you don't know how.

Also Bluelight posting works better for some reason when the 'Remember me' is ticked at log-in.

Thank you. My cookies etc are auto cleared after I close my browsers. I use both Firefox and IE. It happened on both. I'm pretty certain this is not a glitch related to my pc though. This just started a few days ago.

Yep hun, if it's still causing problems for you, post about it in the Support forum or PM one of the Support moderators, fizzle or Evad
:)

PIP so reading a post and then responding would be considered "idle" time? Maybe it took me more than 15 minutes to respond. Could be. None the less, thanks :)

TDS is awesome.... imo the guidelines are fair, not much that needs improvement, i however have come to realise that apart from the mods, theres like a whole new generation if u will, not seeing too many Bluelighters on here that were 2 yrs ago.kinda makes me wish n hope all those people are ok and have not fallen backwards, not great feedback i know but i felt it right to post:)

Thanks for the feedback SMFG :)
I always hope that the people who dwindle away from TDS are leaving us for the right reasons as well, that they are no longer in the darkness <3