• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Taking drugs into your old age

Drugs in moderation aren’t that bad for you, but as a natural worrier, I’m concerned about eventually being caught. It scares me how everything leaves an electronic trail and increasing surveillance online.

I also need to be able to visit family in the USA so can’t risk even a caution.

I’ve been reading about how the current government (and even Sir Kier Starmer) as well as police commissioners in southwest England shifting towards a harder stance on users vs dealers. It’s strange how Britain is going backwards rather than towards the decriminalisation in much of North America and parts of Europe.

I’m pragmatic though and want to avoid stress. My spouse and friends in ‘real life’ are all nonusers. They don’t approve but turn a blind eye.

So I doubt if I’ll still be taking drugs by my sixties, being realistic.
Seiously? I thought that was Cruella spouting her bollocks. Durham's chief constable has the attitude that up to half a dozen plants, for personal use, isn't what they'll spend time enforcing the law, over

Drugs in moderation aren’t that bad for you, but as a natural worrier, I’m concerned about eventually being caught. It scares me how everything leaves an electronic trail and increasing surveillance online. The Psychoactive Ban essentially criminalises everything, even nootropics and the likes of phenibut.

I also need to be able to visit family in the USA so can’t risk even a caution.

I’ve been reading about how the current government (and even Sir Kier Starmer) as well as police commissioners in southwest England are shifting towards a harder stance on users vs dealers. It’s strange how Britain is going backwards rather than towards the decriminalisation in much of North America and parts of Europe.

I’m pragmatic though and want to avoid stress. My spouse and friends in ‘real life’ are all nonusers. They don’t approve but turn a blind eye.

So I doubt if I’ll still be taking drugs by my sixties, being realistic.

I don’t agree with the dacronian prohibitive policies but it’s not risk ruining one’s life by getting a criminal record.

I worry about that too - do you hide anything illicit off your property?

@Fastandbukbous, well that’s also true about Durham, thankfully! I suppose it depends on where you are in the UK. I also get the impression that they’re fairly relaxed around Brixton in south London.

But I am concerned about Dorset police Commissioner David Sidwick who wants to reclassify cannabis as Class A and says ‘we need tough sanctions for possession and to halt the drive towards decriminalisation’. Mind you, it’s from the Daily Mail which is notoriously right wing and pro-drugs war.

Last edited:
@Fastandbukbous, well that’s also true about Durham, thankfully! I suppose it depends on where you are in the UK. I also get the impression that they’re fairly relaxed around Brixton in south London.

But I am concerned about Dorset police Commissioner David Sidwick who wants to reclassify cannabis as Class A and says ‘we need tough sanctions for possession and to halt the drive towards decriminalisation’. Mind you, it’s from the Daily Mail which is notoriously right wing and pro-drugs war.
You mean The Daily Fail and their support of Hitler/Mosley, in the 30s (and have the same mindset a century after)?

It looks at least that way that drugs alway's will play a role in my live.

My Pot habit slowly evolved from big joint's to gettin used to my vaporizer. Cannabis is one drug that is a stayer.

Now (almost) 50. The pattern of my usage did change. From a group thing to a solitary experience.

From emphatogens and stimulants (mostly Coke). And freaking out under the influence of psychedelic's, did like those.

Now I can take a trip. And leave MDMA and stimulant's alone. And be comfortable. Addiction wise in my old age stupidity I became addicted to Alcohol. The worst drug on this planet. Clean for 40 days now.
A few days ago I had a pellet of 4-HO-MET. After I snorted some 2-Fluoro_ DesChloroKetamine. So in reality for me it never changed. Only my preference.
The only drug besides Cannabis that was a constant factor were downers. Besides my addiction to Alcohol there were alway's: GHB, Kratom, Benzodiazepinen and Pregabalin that seemed to draw me to them. Still using Benzo's, prescribed and unprescribed.

Nunca necesité pero después de un accidente que dañó los nervios de mi columna a los 52 me recetaron Tramadol ya demás de reducir el dolor me produce estabilidad emocional y motivación a si es que yo creo que Tramadol en la vejez,es algo que nunca voy a dejar.En este momento estoy aprendiendo a controlarlo para que no me controle el a mi y no desarrolle tanta tolerancia.

Last edited:
Hell yeah! I’ll be requesting a very pleasant combination, because getting old is more often than not, painful and exhausting. Better living through Science, and no shame because you are fucking old! Who cares if you become dependent or whatever opinion is thrown out of some dumb ass. Of course, when elderly, the body systems are worn and slow. So the amounts are less and less frequent. It’s all good though-because you nap intermittently in between. 👵🏻💊🍷🍾🥂🛌💤💤📺🐈🐈‍⬛😻🍸🥡🏌️🔎👓🦻🤷‍♀️💊

When you cant make it to the toilet in time
Well I became geriatric so long ago, I can't remember (most remember their first 'three changes of underwear' day, but after a while, all the incidences blend into one, a bit like the small of washing powder & liquid shit, from keeping said underwear too long)! 😁

Most relaxed city re cannabis in UK is most definitely Bristol
Greater Manchester must be up there too. About 10 years ago it was announced by the media that GMP would no longer be prosecuting anyone for possession of weed / cannabis. Basically de-criminilasing it (and saving them a lot of work, more to the point) at one stroke.

Of course these policies, official or not, can change, but I've not heard of any chance since then to GMP's policy. They do have more important things to focus their limited resources on, and it can only be a good thing, for everyone concerned, that they have recognised that.

Greater Manchester must be up there too. About 10 years ago it was announced by the media that GMP would no longer be prosecuting anyone for possession of weed / cannabis. Basically de-criminilasing it (and saving them a lot of work, more to the point) at one stroke.

Of course these policies, official or not, can change, but I've not heard of any chance since then to GMP's policy. They do have more important things to focus their limited resources on, and it can only be a good thing, for everyone concerned, that they have recognised that.

Dunno how long that lasted but it changed - there's a freedom of information letter from GMP and it says about 3-900 people a year in manchester got arrested just for possessing weed (no intent) from 2014-18.

Dunno how long that lasted but it changed - there's a freedom of information letter from GMP and it says about 3-900 people a year in manchester got arrested just for possessing weed (no intent) from 2014-18.

Easy pickings innit? Lazy cunts can't be arsed catching real criminals...

Police forces like Manchester, Durham iirc and some parts of Londodn who have claimed to basically decriminalise cannabis, it's misleading

They don't actively pursue cannabis users is all. They won't raid your house if cannbis is all that is suspected. If they 'accidentally' come across it however (stop and search, house search for other reasons etc) they'll still uphold the ;law and prosecute (warnings for first offence etc)

When I claimed Bristol to be most relaxed city in UK re cannabis, I meant the whole city culture really. I know Manchester and Bristol very well - Bristol is totally infused with cannabis culture and has been since the mid 80's at the latest The whole damn city stinks of it and nobody bats an eyelid. Totally different level to Manchester (I do love Manc however and there's been an eclectic drug scene there for many years too). You can kinda see it clearly reflected in the difference in music scenes in each city. Various areas of London also extremely relaxed about cannabis too.

I'll definitely be using til I die.
If I weren't able to use anything, I would have to die. Because life would be so mundane & soul crushingly boring.

Police forces like Manchester, Durham iirc and some parts of Londodn who have claimed to basically decriminalise cannabis, it's misleading

They don't actively pursue cannabis users is all. They won't raid your house if cannbis is all that is suspected. If they 'accidentally' come across it however (stop and search, house search for other reasons etc) they'll still uphold the ;law and prosecute (warnings for first offence etc)

When I claimed Bristol to be most relaxed city in UK re cannabis, I meant the whole city culture really. I know Manchester and Bristol very well - Bristol is totally infused with cannabis culture and has been since the mid 80's at the latest The whole damn city stinks of it and nobody bats an eyelid. Totally different level to Manchester (I do love Manc however and there's been an eclectic drug scene there for many years too). You can kinda see it clearly reflected in the difference in music scenes in each city. Various areas of London also extremely relaxed about cannabis too.
When I got arrested for threatening to execute any cunt who hurt a hair on the cats' head (subsequently dropped, when I got sectioned for it, after my wife's death), my niece said one copper, who found my bag of weed (about 7g), said they would have to seize it, but under the circumstances, there would be no action over it. Even left the volcano chamber untouched, full of weed.

When I got arrested for threatening to execute any cunt who hurt a hair on the cats' head (subsequently dropped, when I got sectioned for it, after my wife's death), my niece said one copper, who found my bag of weed (about 7g), said they would have to seize it, but under the circumstances, there would be no action over it. Even left the volcano chamber untouched, full of weed.
yeah, you definitely get the odd copper who'll let it go due to circumstances etc, has happened to me once but that was only maybe 0.2g weed

It's insane to threaten execution to cat-hurters? well....sanity's overrated anyway...