• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Swallowed fentanyl by accident!!!!

The last thread like this, someone ended up finding out that they had actually died, I think they linked their FB page or something to this account. :\

Reminds me of the time there was some kid on D-F who kept posting about getting high from loperamide. Then his mother or something posted from his account that he passed away from his foolish endeavor. Really sad...

There are a bunch of them on D-F. I hate this. This wasn’t anybody fault here, just the OP’s.

Please know that. We were at least here.

We are not in charge of the comings and goings of people.

—Wizard🧙‍♂️

I talk a lot of shit about D-F. I don't hate the place, if anything it may have better info than BL in terms of harm reduction, I just prefer BL where I can... talk shit without getting banned. If that makes sense.

Reminds me of the time there was some kid on D-F who kept posting about getting high from loperamide. Then his mother or something posted from his account that he passed away from his foolish endeavor. Really sad...

There is a loperamide trip report that turned into somewhat of a mega-thread of discussion, and over the course of the years several BLers were hospitalized, or died, as a result of heart damage from high-dose loperamide abuse.

There is a loperamide trip report that turned into somewhat of a mega-thread of discussion, and over the course of the years several BLers were hospitalized, or died, as a result of heart damage from high-dose loperamide abuse.

I'll admit that I, too, once did it. I don't remember how much I took, but it was enough to get a slight buzz and a nice sleep. The post about it on D-F like 10 years ago is what inspired me. I used to do a lot of stupid shit, though. :/

Just playing around Snafu, partially. I have a deep love for Bluelight it's been a major part of my life for many years and I met some of the best friends I've ever had at this place. It's more than just a forum to me it's like a second home, you will find as much love as you can handle within all of these threads as you keep digging. Stay around and you will know this all first hand in time <3

Just playing around Snafu, partially. I have a deep love for Bluelight it's been a major part of my life for many years and I met some of the best friends I've ever had at this place. It's more than just a forum to me it's like a second home, you will find as much love as you can handle within all of these threads as you keep digging. Stay around and you will know this all first hand in time <3
I regret not making my account 13+ years ago when I first discovered this site.

Sorry, I did not read the whole thread - but is he OK? Or..... miminum hospital. He is dead, isn't he?

JJ

Sorry, I did not read the whole thread - but is he OK? Or..... miminum hospital. He is dead, isn't he?

JJ
I hope we find out soon... :/

Sounds like he took ~4mg of fentanyl but inferred he has a high tolerance.

Also I would assume that eating part of a patch would release it much slower than direct administration.

I hope we find out soon... :/

Sounds like he took ~4mg of fentanyl but inferred he has a high tolerance.

Also I would assume that eating part of a patch would release it much slower than direct administration.
k
I don't know, I'm just "happy" to hear he did not die? Or did I misunterstand that? I worked mostly with olp people and they nearly all have theyre 75µgr patches on their upper arms but they still suffer so much... I saw more overdoses on fetanyl patches on the upper arm, I never heard here in Vienna somebody died from it I can remember one thing that scared me so much; a few years ago I did a lot of home visits mostly to very old people - first I was always totally shocked which extreme mixtures of meds they are prescribed, Fentanyl, Diazepam, Lorazepam, Z-drugs, Xanax, Tramal, all at once!! As if a life of an old woman is not even worth anything.

Remember my 90years old friend Bruni. We had an appointment, i rang the door bell - she is very slowly so this was not new to me. But after 2 minutes or so i rang again, i knocked, I called her, asked if she needs an ambulance because I heard something from inside. And she was living alone. Anytime I heard "JJ wait, wait, I'm crawling to the door I cannot walk, I'm so sick...!"

When she was opening the door she was sitting on the floor, vomited all over herself and the flat - I immediately saw her eyes and I took my phone to call the ambulance - but I had another idea - "Bruni, make your upper body free, immediately!!"

Because of so many meds she was so disturbed that she put one Fentpatch on the right and one on the left arm. We removed it and I stayed at her house a lot longer than normal. I did not call the ambulance because she did not want it and at this time when she was already so bad she wanted to die. And passive euthanasia is not forbidden in Austria. But after two hours or so, she was OK again and I was so happy. I tried to gave her some healthy food and a lot to drink because she vomited so much. Brought her to bed then and called her the next morning. She was okay.

LUCK.

JJ

I've been thinking about it, and there may be one thing we could do to try and get an answer. One that doesn't involve contacting the authorities. Which I still feel would be pointless for the reasons I outlined earlier in the thread.

It's been a long time since I joined bluelight, but I assume you're still required to provide an email address. Perhaps an admin could email that account and try and find out if he's OK.

I'm going to report this post so that the staff and admins can weigh in on if they think this is something that might be worthwhile.

I've been thinking about it, and there may be one thing we could do to try and get an answer. One that doesn't involve contacting the authorities. Which I still feel would be pointless for the reasons I outlined earlier in the thread.

It's been a long time since I joined bluelight, but I assume you're still required to provide an email address. Perhaps an admin could email that account and try and find out if he's OK.

I'm going to report this post so that the staff and admins can weigh in on if they think this is something that might be worthwhile.
Thankyou. I suggested emailing earlier. Im glad this is happening now. Really worried aboyt blaise2 here. The shrine is full enough as it is, hope he is alive.:(

Thankyou. I suggested emailing earlier. Im glad this is happening now. Really worried aboyt blaise2 here. The shrine is full enough as it is, hope he is alive.:(

Sorry I must have missed it when you said it earlier.

Nothing any of us can do now, but let's leave this thread open so that the OP can, hopefully, respond when they see it, and let us know they're okay.

If I may:

The OP swallowed 1/3 of a 12.5ug/hour patch (MICROgrams per hour). The total amount of Fentanyl contained in a 12.5ug/hour patch is around 2.1mg (MILLIgrams) assuming it was a Durogresic Dtrans patch (other brands may contain slightly more or slightly less of course). And this is the equivalent of 210mg of Morphine.

The oral bioavailability of Fentanyl is anywhere between 33% and 50% (depends on how lucky, or unlucky, you are i.e. depends from what point of view you're looking at all of this! Lol!).

The LD50 of Fentanyl is 2mg (seems to be the generally accepted standard worldwide).

Way I see it:

The OP ingested 0.7mg of Fentanyl and of that a maximum of 50% was absorbed = 0.35mg of "fun Fentanyl" (give or take) (and which bear in mind would still not all be released at once from the patch although it would indeed be released faster than transdermally).

"Expert" Opinion :ROFLMAO::

Best case scenario: the OP got the absolute mildest of a buzz. Worst case scenario: the OP choked on the patch.

As with any "paper" of this kind certain assumptions are made and are to be disclosed:

The OP was not using any other medications, in particular Benzodiazapenes, at the time.
The OP had only applied, and had only been applying at any given time, one 12.5ug/hour patch (which was removed during the panic).
The OP weighed more than 1kg.

"Expert: Conclusion :ROFLMAO::

While it's NOT IMPOSSIBLE it is HIGHLY UNLIKELY, given all of the above based on the limited amount of information made available by the OP, that the OP died of a Fentanyl overdose.

Last edited:
I just swallowed part of a fentanyl patch by accident. I tried to throw up but no luck. It may be stuck in my throat, can’t tell. It was about 1/3 of a 12.5 mg strip, and I use 12.5 patches for chronic pain. Should I be worried? I am worried right now!!!
Apparently swallowing it doesn't work.gets destroyed by stomach acid or something

I just swallowed part of a fentanyl patch by accident. I tried to throw up but no luck. It may be stuck in my throat, can’t tell. It was about 1/3 of a 12.5 mg strip, and I use 12.5 patches for chronic pain. Should I be worried? I am worried right now!!!
I had it in my cheek for an hour or two. No, haven’t used anymore today. I had my normal patch on my arm, but I just took it off just in case.
I think it may have lodged in my throat. It’s definitely time to get off of these patches, I’ve been on them for 5 years. I just want to make sure I’m ok.
“If I may”? No you may not.

The OP is no longer here to speak for themselves. Let’s not assume anything about this poster. Don’t portend to speak for anyone else other than yourself or guess what the OP may or may not have swallowed?

Thank you.

—Wizard🧙‍♂️
Just presenting the "science", SIR, based on what the OP MADE CLEAR their situation and what they'd swallowed.

Last edited: