• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Swallowed fentanyl by accident!!!!

Blaise2

Greenlighter
I just swallowed part of a fentanyl patch by accident. I tried to throw up but no luck. It may be stuck in my throat, can’t tell. It was about 1/3 of a 12.5 mg strip, and I use 12.5 patches for chronic pain. Should I be worried? I am worried right now!!!

Fair enough.
Im no doctor but depending on what is already in your system you should be fine. Have you dosed at all today or within past few hrs?

I had it in my cheek for an hour or two. No, haven’t used anymore today. I had my normal patch on my arm, but I just took it off just in case.

I think it may have lodged in my throat. It’s definitely time to get off of these patches, I’ve been on them for 5 years. I just want to make sure I’m ok.

If you had it in your mouth that long you probably more or less already absorbed most it. Swallowing it or keeping it in ur cheek longer isn't gonna make much of a difference. Definitely dont take anymore and call somebody if you start to feel other than you should but I think you are gonna be fine

If you had it in your mouth that long you probably more or less already absorbed most it. Swallowing it or keeping it in ur cheek longer isn't gonna make much of a difference. Definitely dont take anymore and call somebody if you start to feel other than you should but I think you are gonna be fine

Thank you, I really appreciate it. You’ve helped calm me down.

I know more or less nothing about opiates, but I would drink a lot until you feel you swallowed it and then stick your fingers as deep as you can into your throat to puke it out. I don't know , it is just a thought.

JJ

OP hasn't been back since a little after three this morn so missed most of the thread, I think.
Should I be worried?
Yes. Please give a shout back as we do wanna know you are OK... at least I would.
No proper welcome to BL so I will take the opportunity in hopes it is seen.
Welcome to bluelight. We really are a caring bunch of fuck-tards at times so please bear with us for a moment.
Fent is a dangerous substance and should not be toyed with. I have used it and cannot say that I ever felt *high from it. Maybe sick and a little confused but cold. Chasing that high from fent may be the leading cause of accidental death because there really is none to be gotten... this is my experience.
Possibly ask your doc to change up the meds? Maybe one could live with some oxy or hydro now that it has been five years? One could certainly get a little warmer buzz from this and comparatively a lot safer, in my opinion.
Well, guess we will see if ya come back. I do hope everything is OK and will wait on a reply.
Again, forgive us our transgressions.
best always,
Ptah

Last edited:
Please report back, OP. Make sure you're with someone in case you fall out. Not to freak you out but this could definitely lead to an overdose depending on your tolerance and how much was left in the patch. We want to make sure you're okay, so please reply when you see this.