• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Subutex Has Gone Generic

There's another thread like this. Someone named "Minibess" said that he/she got a script filled at Walgreens and the generic subutex was $2.80 a pill. Does anyone know if this is true? As in, has anyone known someone who has a generic script?

It has to do with the Age of Aquarius, we're in the Libra decan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Aquarius said:
David Williams claims that the Age of Aquarius arrived about 1844, with the harbinger of the Siyyid `Alí Muḥammad (1819–1850), also known as the Báb, founder of Bábism. Williams adopts a sub-period approach to the ages whereby each age is divided into three decans. The three age-decans of the Aquarian Age in chronological order are Libra, Gemini and Aquarius. Williams states that the world is currently in the Libran decan of the Age of Aquarius which is why the world has been so affected by wars (due to Libra) and revolutions (due to Aquarius).

suboxone.jpg

A symbol of our time.
8)

Yet in this thread it was because:
Captain.Heroin said:
Suboxone can be a double edged sword (hence why they imprint the pill with a sword).

With all due respect, are you done talking out of your ass yet? Sometimes I feel like the I'm the only one who sees through your bullshit.

It has to do with the Age of Aquarius, we're in the Libra decan.

suboxone.jpg

A symbol of our time.

Seriously???..... I hope this isn't serious...because it is just plain nuts. The sword is the logo of Dettol, a soap made by Reckitt Benckiser. I'ts one of their logos and they chose to use it on their pills as well.....

Last edited:
Bought the Generic Subutex on 10/23 at Walgreens

On Friday, 10/23/09, I bought generic subutex at a walgreens in Indiana. I have insurance and in the past #45 8mg tablets cost me $20, but it would say..."your insurance saved you....$559.00. On this one I got Friday I paid $10.00 and it said..."your insurance saved you $110.88..There is no comparison....
The real Subutex: #45 tablets $579.00 :(
Generic Subutex: #45 tablets $120.88 =D

I work for a doctor that is certified to treat opioid dependency with Suboxone/Subutex. I see people struggling everyday trying to afford this medication and stay clean. I am soooo glad that people finally have a way out of hell!!!

Hope this helps!

ya they isssued it like last week here in FL, and its bull shit because my doc will refuse subutex to anyone, that was the first words out of his mouth when i started the program. So the monopoly of suboxone gose on for me # 75 $223, thankfully i have insurnace threw werk or it would be something to the tune of $400-500. but someone i knoe gets subutex, ill post if they get the generic ones. Prices and comparison to the regular ones.

Finally a generic Subutex, it's seriously long over due. At least something good happened during the last month while I was in the hospital and not able to touch bluelight. I was wondering if anyone even knew I was gone. The problem will still be though that no Dr's want to RX Subutex because it's "abusable"

I just got off the phone with a Walgreens in my state of Michigan.

#60 8mg.....159.00 or $2.65 a pill.

It will only get cheaper as more mom and pop pharmacies get it.

Yes, this will be interesting to see how all this plays out. Not offering generic suboxone will cause a big increase in demand for subutex. The story about an inability to "get the nalaxone right" sounds like BS.

A side issue will be what might happen if gov't-run "health care" comes to pass. I can't see the status quo suboxone survive any cost-cutting attempts. IMO, gov't needs to remove themselves from lame attempts to legislate the use of methadone....wouldn't it be an improvement if docs could prescribe as they see fit? Docs can prescribe every other med as they see fit, why not methadone and buprenorphine?

Well put - this is also why I don't trust gov't health care whatsoever. Maybe you Europeans haven't the level of corruption we have, but I wouldn't be able to afford Suboxone if we followed suit (and then fucked it up to hell with unknown depravity and corruption).

Plus, I don't think everyone would get 8mg or more per day anymore if the gov't ran things.

The gov't needs to get its nose out of everyone's business. They aren't helping anything.

With all due respect, are you done talking out of your ass yet? Sometimes I feel like the I'm the only one who sees through your bullshit.

Why they put a sword on the pill can be explained by 1,000,000 different reasons. There's no reason behind it. It's just a pill imprint.

If anyone actually had a reason for why they put it on the pill I'd be surprised to actually know why.

I'm sorry you took my joking seriously.

Do you think an R&B representative would say that Suboxone is a double edged sword?

That was obviously intended as a joke.

Why we haven't created a [JOKE][/JOKE] tag is beyond me.

Seriously???..... I hope this isn't serious...because it is just plain nuts. The sword is the logo of Dettol, a soap made by Reckitt Benckiser. I'ts one of their logos and they chose to use it on their pills as well.....

No, I obviously wasn't being serious.

I was joking.

I didn't know why a company put an imprint on a pill would be of concern to anyone...so I made two unique, silly jokes about it.

ya they isssued it like last week here in FL, and its bull shit because my doc will refuse subutex to anyone, that was the first words out of his mouth when i started the program.

Hence why the generic Subutex will only help a small percentage of people.

Most doctors are gullible enough to believe that Suboxone is abuse proof (LOL nope, it's not!), hence why they are too stubborn to prescribe Subutex so people can get generics.

They're still caught up that SOME people want to get high.

But...isn't that the point to treating addiction? The patient isn't trying to get high anymore? Well...yes...but it's more fun to watch people squirm underneath your thumb, especially if you're a doctor, than to help them out so 1 person can shoot Subutex (even though you can also shoot Suboxone).

This is when the truth would help you all that are going to get weird looks and accusations thrown at you from your doctor...

But, oh well, it's more fun to watch people suffer than to help EVERYONE out. Helping everyone out makes you vulnerable (not 100% of everyone want to see 100% of everyone get help), and it also takes a lot of time and money. Watching people suffer literally doesn't cost you anything.

Last edited:
Isn't it a shame that *affordable* treatment seems to be such a non-issue when it comes to the "war on drugs"? When discussing methadone/suboxone, by and large, we're talking about (seemingly rare) folks who are actually trying to stay clean. You would *think* we would be viewed as winners, and that every effort would be made to help us continue.

This is obviously not the case. Our local MMT clinic is now charging $100/week (when I was using it, it was $63, then $70/wk). You had to pay up-front and they were inflexible about assisting you. Once in, you were forced to comply with ever-changing (often idiotic) rules. Towards the end, they started a thing where they would call you at random, and you had 24hrs to appear for a med count and observed UDS....didn't matter if you were working, no excuses. Now, if you had a problem, do you think the doc would drop everything to assist? Get real!

At least with suboxone, you have some semblance of being *normal*, in the sense that you get your stuff from a pharmacy, etc. Still, you can be treated like a marionette. Don't get me wrong, the alternative is unthinkable to me. What I resent is continually having to "prove" you are clean. Being in treatment, IMO, should not be like being on probation!

What causes all this? One answer: government interference! Anyone who thinks that this situation would improve with government-run "health care" is in a dream world. What scares me is just how many folks have fallen for the propaganda. It is ironic that any suggestion that actually addresses the uninsured, availability, cost, and/or quality are rejected. Its all about control, and too many folks are behaving like lambs being led to slaughter.

Anyone who thinks that this situation would improve with government-run "health care" is in a dream world. What scares me is just how many folks have fallen for the propaganda. It is ironic that any suggestion that actually addresses the uninsured, availability, cost, and/or quality are rejected. Its all about control, and too many folks are behaving like lambs being led to slaughter.

Propaganda sounds nice, and that's why people buy into it. You have to ignore reason and logic in order to believe that government run health care (in the US) is a "good thing".

Most people do live in a 'dream world' however, hence why they can believe such idiotic ideas.

Well put - this is also why I don't trust gov't health care whatsoever. Maybe you Europeans haven't the level of corruption we have, but I wouldn't be able to afford Suboxone if we followed suit (and then fucked it up to hell with unknown depravity and corruption).

The British government are pretty damn corrupt and morally bankrupt, I can assure you :D

I find it absolutely shocking at the money addicts seeking treatment have to pay for the privilege. Sounds like you're financially worse off than when using, almost :\

In the UK I was scripted 16mg of Subutex a day and didn't have to pay a single penny. Same with methadone. Free universal healthcare = win. At least it sounds like this move will help some people out if not all. It's a step in the right direction but fuck the insurance system for healthcare - your health is priceless and should be a right not a privilege.

Why they put a sword on the pill can be explained by 1,000,000 different reasons. There's no reason behind it. It's just a pill imprint.

If anyone actually had a reason for why they put it on the pill I'd be surprised to actually know why.

I'm sorry you took my joking seriously.

Do you think an R&B representative would say that Suboxone is a double edged sword?

That was obviously intended as a joke.

Why we haven't created a [JOKE][/JOKE] tag is beyond me.
You do know why. Vonzhampz just said it. It's their logo. [See below] No RB would not say that about their logo, you did. [Unless you work for RB, and if so, that explains a lot]

It was obviously intended as a joke? Not obvious by any definition of the word. I know thats what you actually thought. You like astrology, you're a Libra, what better way to spread your bullshit. Do you get off on it? This is about something minor, but I would not be the slightest bit surprised if your "information" has killed at least one BLer ("its almost impossible to IV on heroin alone," etc etc etc).
Need a [JOKE] tag? Its called a wink [;)], genius.

No, I obviously wasn't being serious.

I was joking.

I didn't know why a company put an imprint on a pill would be of concern to anyone...so I made two unique, silly jokes about it.
/FONT]

You were being serious. Until you were called out on your bullshit. Please stop spreading misinformation.

Dettol_Soap_Indonesia_Origin_75gms_125gms.jpg

OMG soap is a double-edged sword too!
Wow you're right! Suboxone gets you clean, and so does soap!

Oh wait this soap is from the Age of Aquarius, the Libra Decan. Of course. This soap explains why we have so many wars. Wars did not exist until man made soap. Nothing to do with the changing world, the end of colonialiam/imperialism, border tension, racial tension, terrorism, an exponential increase in military capacities, any of that shit. Nah, its all because the stars said so. :|

You didn't make two unique jokes, you tried to pass off some bullshit as fact, and I caught you. Big difference. Please stop spouting off your opinions, biases, and now, apparently, bullshit you made up on the fly, in a harm reduction forum.

Last edited:
Universal health care *sounds* good, but neglects the reality that government has no way to provide it (with any degree of quality), or even to sustain their mediocre efforts. Throughout the last 100 or so years, (call it the Progressive movement), the libs have played on voters' emotions to sell their "visions" that always entail ever-increasing intrusiveness along with an ever-growing bureaucracy. The results have been abysmal and have led the country ever-closer to bankruptcy.

Consider the "war on poverty" or "social security". The scenario is always the same: first the gov't and their puppet media trumpet a "crisis" and use that to justify more spending and, of course, more government. When things don't go as planned, they change the rules or whatever criteria is used to measure the outcomes to try to make the effort appear to be "working". Its all a crock of shit.

Now that the goal is to sell "reform" we are once again told a "crisis" demands "immediate action". All evidence of how fruitless the idea is. gets swept aside, even to the point of trying to demean our current system. Once again, the libs would have us believe that our altruistic government knows what is best for us (never mind that none of their programs ever work, or ever cost anywhere near projections). The "stimulus" failed, "Cash for Clunkers" became a clusterfuck, the deficit continues to skyrocket.....and yet folks continue to believe these idiots who know zilch about health care, ought to be turned loose on health care????

By the way, there is no such thing as a "right to health care"! Screw Cass Sunstein and the superficial bullshit he spews.

Maybe the "right to healthcare" is more of a European/anywhere except the US concept but even if you don't believe it exists in America it's surely something to aspire to, no? In the UK where we have free universal healthcare I can assure you that the care you receive is of a very high standard (although it's never perfect, of course). Is it cheap? Probably not but it works out at pennies per taxpayer and the longterm savings massively outweigh the short-term costs. It's also just a far more civilised system, in my opinion. Your income should bear no relation to your access to quality medical treatment, in my view.

Comparing the US to the UK, or seeking to emulate it should not be anyone's goal. Much mischief has been done by setting up lofty lists of "rights" and trying to sell them. We have our Constitution and Bill of Rights, and a mechanism for amending. Unfortunately, the politicians have led us far astray, such as via judicial abuse. The problem is not that issues such as health care access for all aren't decent goals, its the notion that it is somehow government's business to provide for all.

One doesn't have to dig too deeply to see the problems those states (and countries) who have tried this are experiencing: higher cost, rationed care, etc. The crux of the matter is that government can NEVER provide for all of its' citizenry's needs(wants), nor should it be expected to. The free market is the best economic system known and to say that it has somehow "failed" is ridiculous. Where we (the US) are at today regarding health care, is the end result of years of gov't interference, all in an effort to "promote 'fairness' and 'equality'". Each new scheme (Medicare, Medicaid, HMO's, etc,) was *supposed* to be the solution. By what logic can anyone expect this legislation to turn out any different?

Accounting gimmicks, phony news "stories", blatant manipulation of polls, misuse of rules (ie: reconciliation)....all are being used. Every fucking politician promises to "cut waste" and "stop abuse", but we only dig in deeper and deeper. There is NO way to spend ourselves to salvation....yet the radical left proceeds as though they can perfect alchemy.

I'm not at all convinced that those countries that have gone the universal healthcare route have experienced huge problems with it. I live in a country that's had universal healthcare for over 50 years and have no complaints - few do. There are always problems but they're pretty minor compared to the benefits, in my opinion. The UK may not have cracked the healthcare problem as successfully as some other European countries but it's a damn sight better than an insurance only system. Anyone who wishes to pay for insurance and private treatment can do so. Best of both worlds, surely?

You do know why. Vonzhampz just said it. It's their logo. [See below] No RB would not say that about their logo, you did. [Unless you work for RB, and if so, that explains a lot]

It was obviously intended as a joke? Not obvious by any definition of the word. I know thats what you actually thought. You like astrology, you're a Libra, what better way to spread your bullshit. Do you get off on it? This is about something minor, but I would not be the slightest bit surprised if your "information" has killed at least one BLer ("its almost impossible to IV on heroin alone," etc etc etc).

You were being serious. Until you were called out on your bullshit. Please stop spreading misinformation.

Oh wait this soap is from the Age of Aquarius, the Libra Decan. Of course. This soap explains why we have so many wars. Wars did not exist until man made soap. Nothing to do with the changing world, the end of colonialiam/imperialism, border tension, racial tension, terrorism, an exponential increase in military capacities, any of that shit. Nah, its all because the stars said so. :|

You didn't make two unique jokes, you tried to pass off some bullshit as fact, and I caught you. Big difference. Please stop spouting off your opinions, biases, and now, apparently, bullshit you made up on the fly, in a harm reduction forum.

Damn JC! Unfortunately, I think you are correct on all counts. Well played, sir.:|

Comparing the US to the UK, or seeking to emulate it should not be anyone's goal. Much mischief has been done by setting up lofty lists of "rights" and trying to sell them. We have our Constitution and Bill of Rights, and a mechanism for amending. Unfortunately, the politicians have led us far astray, such as via judicial abuse. The problem is not that issues such as health care access for all aren't decent goals, its the notion that it is somehow government's business to provide for all.

One doesn't have to dig too deeply to see the problems those states (and countries) who have tried this are experiencing: higher cost, rationed care, etc. The crux of the matter is that government can NEVER provide for all of its' citizenry's needs(wants), nor should it be expected to. The free market is the best economic system known and to say that it has somehow "failed" is ridiculous. Where we (the US) are at today regarding health care, is the end result of years of gov't interference, all in an effort to "promote 'fairness' and 'equality'". Each new scheme (Medicare, Medicaid, HMO's, etc,) was *supposed* to be the solution. By what logic can anyone expect this legislation to turn out any different?

Accounting gimmicks, phony news "stories", blatant manipulation of polls, misuse of rules (ie: reconciliation)....all are being used. Every fucking politician promises to "cut waste" and "stop abuse", but we only dig in deeper and deeper. There is NO way to spend ourselves to salvation....yet the radical left proceeds as though they can perfect alchemy.

I agree 100% man and I couldn't have said it as good as you did. I don't want the U.S. to become anything like the UK. I can just imagine how much fun it would be to shoot all those CCTV's.

The double edge sword of truth slices through a thinly veiled smoke screen! I'm glad my love for Reckitt Benckiser and my incessant use of Dettol soap can help clear things up!

I agree 100% man and I couldn't have said it as good as you did. I don't want the U.S. to become anything like the UK. I can just imagine how much fun it would be to shoot all those CCTV's.

I'm certainly no fan of CCTV - that stuff is fuckin' insane over here 8o - but it has fuck all to do with healthcare. I also wasn't suggesting that the US should become "like the UK" cos that would be silly. I was just pointing out that free universal heathcare is a great thing and everybody deserves it no matter where they live, in my opinion. Can't see a single reason to avoid it. Not one.