• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Subutex Has Gone Generic

Sorry, I didn't read this thread at all, but unless its some crazy new development, Roxane isn't discontinuing their generic subutex. I just filled a script for it 5 days ago, and googling it (to be sure), came up with nothing about it. However, maybe you have some sort of inside word. I'd like to see a source though, if possible, since I'm prescribed it and it saves me a shitload of money over getting the brand name subs. And I haven't heard one thing about this.

Well, there is something i'm confused about, Ok, when i got the Roxanne Subutex last June, it said Generic Bupe and it wasn't cheap at all, and this time when i got the Teva ones, it also said generic Bupe! Only this time, the price was ok, and i also got some discount!
So where is the brand name now? The U.K's Reckitt?? Confusion......

Wachu mean? Any subutex besides recket bensicker is generic.

The Roxanne was. And so is the Teva now. Prices will very from pharmacy to pharmacy and month to month.

Ok....so Reckitt is the brand name, but is it available in the US too? Always thought that they are only in Europe as the 1st few times i got Subutex was the Reckitt ones from Europe, then when i got them in the US, i got the Roxane a few times, only this last time was the Teva!

Ok....so Reckitt is the brand name, but is it available in the US too? Always thought that they are only in Europe as the 1st few times i got Subutex was the Reckitt ones from Europe, then when i got them in the US, i got the Roxane a few times, only this last time was the Teva!

Haha no, brand name Subutex is definitely available in the United States, it's just not prescribed often like it is in Europe.

Great to know that they are growing :)

Were u always on Suboxone Capt? tried Subutex before?

I got generic subutex, was 400$ cheaper than Suboxone.
I was on 90 , 8mg suboxone a month ( I only take two a day though) anywho,
shit was getting expensive, insurance wouldn't cover it, and paying 7XX-8XX$(for 90 8mg/2mg) a month on top of the 150 to even see the doctor monthly is a waste of Cash, I went in, asked my doctor if he could prescribe me subutex instead of suboxone due to the fact that its half the price Im paying now, and he said thats no problem...

Some doctors may be reluctant to hand out subutex if you had a history with needles though, as the doctors have said that the nalexone is in the suboxone to prevent shooting up correct?

I switched to subutex because I was having alot of nasty side effect from suboxone, lost of interest in sex, food, games, things I used to enjoy, i think I was hyper sensitive to the nalexone, and nalexone prevents the body from relaseasing it's own natural endorphins that make you happy, that help kill pain when your hurt, etc.(I read this in multiple places, can someone confirm if this is correct or not) Just hope the subutex helps I took one today, for the first time, I heard nalexone has a long half life, is this true? guess Ill find out
Ill try to report back in a few days, seems my back really hurts though, even after taking subutex, My back is killing me, and suboxone usually helps with that, pretty odd, Blah, sorry for rambling everyone.

-edit-
Sorry mods, Didn't see that prices can't be listed, I just figured I'd give a rough estimate of what Suboxone was costing me , and how switching to generic Subutex, helped save 300-400$, if thats out of line, feel free to remove it, I apologize if I made a mistake

Last edited:
Prelude2TragedyII: Nalaxone has a very short half-life. Buprenorphine on the other hand has a long half-life.

So the Teva generics are available some places now? I'm interested. Still been on the Roxane's and they suck to cut for smaller doses (the 8mg). :p

Yeah I just got the roxanne's today at my local Walgreens Pretty sure Tevas are a little cheaper, but not by much. I think the name brand tex works much better. Altough at over 10x the price, i'm sticking with the generics.. Seems like my pharmacy will carry different brands of generics for awhile, then I'll go to fill a script and they'll have the other generic. Maybe it's the availability, or more likely the cost when the pharm's buyers are purchasing their supply/warehouse stock. As for the naloxone causing the loss of sex drive, interest in things etc. for the above poster. I'd be surprised if the subutex makes any difference. I think for some, the Bupe causes shitty side effects.

Yeah I just got the roxanne's today at my local Walgreens Pretty sure Tevas are a little cheaper, but not by much. I think the name brand tex works much better. Altough at over 10x the price, i'm sticking with the generics.. Seems like my pharmacy will carry different brands of generics for awhile, then I'll go to fill a script and they'll have the other generic. Maybe it's the availability, or more likely the cost when the pharm's buyers are purchasing their supply/warehouse stock. As for the naloxone causing the loss of sex drive, interest in things etc. for the above poster. I'd be surprised if the subutex makes any difference. I think for some, the Bupe causes shitty side effects.

Have to say I agree with you on the actual Bupe causing the side effects. I've had lots, both give me bad anxiety (either Suboxone, generic Subs, Sub strips) had them all and no difference to me except the taste. Although I didn't think the strips worked as well at all just IMO.

Have to say I agree with you on the actual Bupe causing the side effects. I've had lots, both give me bad anxiety (either Suboxone, generic Subs, Sub strips) had them all and no difference to me except the taste. Although I didn't think the strips worked as well at all just IMO.

yeah it's weird. Some people feel great on bupe, some even claim it's the most effective AD they've come across. Then there are people like mysef that don't feel so hot on any size dose. For me, PAWS seem to begin soon after I get on Bupe.

yeah it's weird. Some people feel great on bupe, some even claim it's the most effective AD they've come across. Then there are people like mysef that don't feel so hot on any size dose. For me, PAWS seem to begin soon after I get on Bupe.

I went through a long period of time with PAWS (first 6-9 months maybe not LONG), and now it comes and goes. Steadily been on one 8mg sub a day for almost 1 year 1/2 exactly today... so I'm sure that the fact that I've been on it for such a long time (is it a long time? I don't know. Some would say yes, some would say no) At least I'm not abusing anything anymore. That was the main point of it all, but now I'm stuck for now and definitely go through ups and downs with anxiety AND depression. Some days I feel great, and others I feel horrible. I don't really have an explanation, since I don't really know why that is. You'd think a year and 1/2 would be enough time to be 'steady'. Whatever that is.. lol
I also think that everyone is different, I definitely agree with that 100%.

I went through a long period of time with PAWS (first 6-9 months maybe not LONG), and now it comes and goes. Steadily been on one 8mg sub a day for almost 1 year 1/2 exactly today... so I'm sure that the fact that I've been on it for such a long time (is it a long time? I don't know. Some would say yes, some would say no) At least I'm not abusing anything anymore. That was the main point of it all, but now I'm stuck for now and definitely go through ups and downs with anxiety AND depression. Some days I feel great, and others I feel horrible. I don't really have an explanation, since I don't really know why that is. You'd think a year and 1/2 would be enough time to be 'steady'. Whatever that is.. lol
I also think that everyone is different, I definitely agree with that 100%.

The fluctuation of moods and how you feel daily is from the bupes, i read a lot about these symptoms with long time users. I think i also read that a few months to a year is the best option most of the times in a lot of cases, of course some can benefit from a quick "1 week to 10 days" clean up. Again, if you're safer on it, rather than to be back on your DOC, then it is "the" right decision for now. I'v been on it for 4 months now and it did save my life, and I was asking myself when will i really feel the need to quit. I'm on 1-2 mg these days and very happy i reached this point with my life. Good luck

It's not the nalaxone, its the bupe itself causing decreased sex drive. Opiates in general cause decreased/dissappearing sex drive.

And about cutting the pills into 1/8ths or 1/4ths I personally prefer the Roxanne becuase they are round. I can break them into 1/4ths really easy just with my fingers, and even 1/8ths if I am careful.

The teva are shaped liek the brand name RB shit, like an oval, makes breakin into 1mg slices pretty fucking annoying. Even 2mg slices gets annoying honestly.

But yeah I have consistantly been getting both Teva and Roxanne now.. Prices seem to fluctuate monthly but they are pretty close to one another.,

The fluctuation of moods and how you feel daily is from the bupes, i read a lot about these symptoms with long time users. I think i also read that a few months to a year is the best option most of the times in a lot of cases, of course some can benefit from a quick "1 week to 10 days" clean up. Again, if you're safer on it, rather than to be back on your DOC, then it is "the" right decision for now. I'v been on it for 4 months now and it did save my life, and I was asking myself when will i really feel the need to quit. I'm on 1-2 mg these days and very happy i reached this point with my life. Good luck

thank you, good luck to you as well. I do agree on many levels, sub saved my life too. So I'm definitely happy to be here regardless. Goal by the end of the year is to be down to 1-2mg range. Hopefully then I'll feel better and can see the end of the tunnel by then... :)

It's not the nalaxone, its the bupe itself causing decreased sex drive. Opiates in general cause decreased/dissappearing sex drive.

And about cutting the pills into 1/8ths or 1/4ths I personally prefer the Roxanne becuase they are round. I can break them into 1/4ths really easy just with my fingers, and even 1/8ths if I am careful.

The teva are shaped liek the brand name RB shit, like an oval, makes breakin into 1mg slices pretty fucking annoying. Even 2mg slices gets annoying honestly.

But yeah I have consistantly been getting both Teva and Roxanne now.. Prices seem to fluctuate monthly but they are pretty close to one another.,

interesting, so the Teva's are like the brand subutex? Those would seem more difficult to portion, even with the hardness of the Roxane's, I'm used to it by now too. Just annoying that it's never quite an even break, and pill cutters seem to just crush them and waste them and make me eat the powder. lol :eek: Also good to know the price isn't much different so I don't make an issue about it at the pharmacy. I'm sure I'll see them sooner or later.

Last edited:
I just got a new generic thats made by hitech which I've never had. Its a tiny pill so there has to be less filler in it. anyone know the ingredients for hitech subutex?