• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Substitute herbs to mix with Cannabis? (merged)

I used to smoke at leaste 2 joints a day, thats when I was broke too, usually 4-8 a day, and on fridays and saturdays it would be a huge amount, and I quit, "cold turkey", its fucking easy. No physical withdrawl symptoms. The odd time I am just like man I would love a joint right now, but then I just say well i havnt smoked for this long why start again. Its simple man you just have to really want to quit.

EAZY-PING said:
How often do you need to smoke to be classed a heavy smoker? I smoke bongs, and about 10-20 a day would anyone call this heavy. I can go through the day till night B4 I even start wanting it phsically and mentally.

I would consider smoking more then 5 times a day very heavy, there are no real set guidlines of what is heavy smoking and not though. You should try not smoking for a day and let us know how it goes.

I had to quit smoking weed since I was put on UA's for probation. A day hadn't gone by in 7 years that I didn't smoke a bowl. It was easy. And I was actually GLAD I quit... Even when I am off probation and able to smoke again, I'm going to smoke a LOT less than I did before.

I used to use weed to help me sleep - interestingly enough, since I quit smoking, my insomnia has gone away and I've had NO problems sleeping, without the aid of anything.

This really should be moved to the cannibus forum...

Thanks guys this has really helped me out. Thsi thread has given me new motivation!!!

when i was heavily addicted to pot, the hardest part about quiting was my environment. all my friends smoked pot all the time, and you only turn down a bowl so many times. now that i'm a full fledged druggy, i don't have the money to invest into pot, and it really doesn't do much for me anyway. i still smoke, but i would much rather invest in some ice or some yay. they're much better drugs for college anyway.

this isnt the weed forum..

i use opiates to quit weed and vica versa, works really well

valerian will help you sleep. valerian and passionflower pills can help you deal with the anxiety. just remember passionflower is a mild MAOI if you dont know what that is research it cuz it can kill you pretty easily if you take other drugs with it. anways. i used valerian to help me sleep and it helped me quit pot

valium, xanax, klonapin, ativan, zyban, chewing tobbaco (dip), gum, or a combo of them all ...

i quit weed last december because of run out of money. so i started drinking more beer (earlier was just 2-3 beers at every night) and forging scripts for benzos, i got addicted to ativan (after 3 months i was on 7,5-10mg a day. i love benzos while drinking, my first benzo binge was 4 years ago) and it was really really bad, now i'm drinking only...i wish back to weed or hash if i have money

I've smoked Salvia leaves as a grass substitute. Leaves (not xxx stuff) may sometimes cause some Salvia weirdness but the main effect is just a nice relaxation.

umm yeah, its called CIGARETTES

ill be happy if i never hear this advice being offered again. Quit weed, and start something more addictive, more harmful, and with no real high. fuck that.

toolazy2think said:
quitting weed isnt hard dude, there are few if any withdrawl symptoms and it is mostly phychological. if you use another substance to get over your phychological weed addiction you will likely just have a phychological addiction to the new substance. Just stick it out and stay away from it if you want to quit

How would you know how hard it is to quit being you just recently smoked it for your first time?

If it wasn't "that hard" do you think he would be asking for help?

And EASY-PING, this is the wrong place buddy. Try the cannabis forum.

Taper your usage. This is important. go for at least like 3 days smoking a small ammount once before bed before quitting completely. If you experience withdrawal syptoms from quitting pot it's simply because you've quit too fast.

Also, once you've quit you need to find other outlets for your energy. These can include smoking cigarettes, doing other drugs, writing, making new friends, spending time with a girl (any girl), taking pictures, taking road trips, getting drunk, starting a band... whatever. The point is that energy that you used to spend on pot is going to have to go somewhere else.

Moving to that PotHead Playhouse forum or whatever they call themselves....

My vote: HEROIN!

I'm going to merge this later with 2 or 3 similar threads. Remember to use the Search function people!