• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Substitute herbs to mix with Cannabis? (merged)

h-jive

Bluelighter
ok well im a frequent smoker usually about a gram a day or so just in small joints or with a bong, but after years of mixing tobacco with my weed ive decided to give up cigarettes and to me this means no more tobacco with bud, so what im asking is what can i mix with my pot when im rolling spliffs?
and itd be great if people could reccomend something that is readily available in vic. australia

you could always smoke just pot, that would be the best option though. If you had to mix it with somethign there are plenty of herbs out there that would go well with it i assume.

oregano or something like that could work. someone suggested looking at some herbs thought to have psychoactive effects.

but i really suggest you just smoke your weed straight. there is no reason you need to cut it. roll smaller joints or smoke pipes or bongs.

if you truly need a substitute for tobacco, i'd advise you to take a look at this thread, it has a lot of great suggestions. :)

You should. 1,200 people die a day from smoking ciggs. How many from weed? 0

Spin your hydge with bush or leaf/tip. It's quite a nice mix.

What herbs can be mixed with weed instead of tobacco?

Just wondering because punching down tobacco is pretty gross at times.

^^ What gave you the impression that smoking cannabis would be worse as smoking tobacco? Would you care to explain..?

k well i was watchin the news one day and it proved that 1 joint is equal to 6 smokes...becuz the levels of chemicals in weed are way higher than in ciggerettes

the reason why u only hear ppl die from smokes and not bud is because ppl don't smoke as much weed as ppl smoke cigs

Liquid SNake said:
k well i was watchin the news one day and it proved that 1 joint is equal to 6 smokes...becuz the levels of chemicals in weed are way higher than in ciggerettes

the reason why u only hear ppl die from smokes and not bud is because ppl don't smoke as much weed as ppl smoke cigs

Umm ... the levels of chemicals?
Care to elaborate what you meant by this?
Cause it doesn't make much sense, you know ...

lol sorry im really tired but ya it said that the chemicals in weed are way stronger than they are in smokes

i also saw the same newspaper report, now i THINK they were using spun joints in the test, and there for smoking one joint, which is spun would = the equivlant of 6 FILTERED cigs, basicly because there is no filter the 'bad' gases/chems go down into your lungs, you also hold the smoke longer etc..

ciggarettes contain alot more tar, and carbon monoxide and ofcourse nicotiene, ciggarettes are rediculously addictive (im addict) and are most definatly worse for you than joints, taste, reasoning for smoking it (nicotiene Vs Bud), the 'buzz' overall pot is a MUCH better smoking substance, and i really do not understand how they are not been sold in replacement of fags, i mean how call would it be to go and buy a 20 deck of buggle gum skunk for the same price......

get me???

both are smoking substances one the goverment legalisers the other is illegal, why? because cigs are addictive and pot isnt as addictive, therefore goverment makes more tax :D

Liquid SNake said:

To make blunts, users slice open cigars and replace the tobacco with marijuana, often combined with another drug, such as crack cocaine.
http://www.ncbuy.com/health/drugs/marijuana.html

(Unrelated, but I had to)

In a Swedish study, researchers found no link between marijuana use among more than 45,000 male military conscripts, aged 18 to 20, and their death rates over the next 15 years.

Another study of 65,171 men and women enrolled in the Kaiser Permanente health plan found that, with the exception of AIDS patients, marijuana users were not more likely than others to die over a 10-year period.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/living/Healthology/HS_deadlypot_030926.html

April 3, 1997, Los Angeles, CA: Habitual marijuana smokers do not experience a greater annual rate of decline in lung function than nonsmokers, according to the latest findings by researchers at the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Medicine. The results of the eight-year study appear in Volume 155 of the American Journal of Respiratory & Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Donald P. Tashkin, who headed the study, is one of America's foremost experts on marijuana smoking and lung function.

http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_media7.shtml

It's debatable, but all I know is when I smoke up as opposed to cigs, I can still run long distance and play Lacrosse with no reduced ability.

Spin with catnip, damiana, wormwood, scullcap or passionflower.... easy to find in Australia over the internet.

also, it's a good rule of thumb to NEVER listen to what you hear on the news. All forms of public media have their own agendas, or are pushing someone else's. you oughtta see for yourself... sit in a chair, and smoke a whole pack of ciggs straight up, one after the other. then, whip out maybe like 5 to 7 grams of dank, and smoke all that up. i bet you'll feel a lot grosser after smoking those ciggs man... it fills your body up with pure corporate industrial shittiness.

Marijuana smoke includes a greater percentage of *SOME* tars, not "chemicals". However, this only applies to a certain number of tars, and it doesnt even truly matter - a significant portion of the damage done to the lungs by the smoke from tobacco is from the radiation the industries use to rid their crops of bugs. You're smoking that poison every day.

There's another report, on Erowid, comparing marijuana and tobacco smoke.
Article 1
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_info3.shtml
Article 2 *more pertinent here*
http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_health2.shtml

I find that Damiana works best for me… the flavors seem to compliment each other quite well.