• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Substitute herbs to mix with Cannabis? (merged)

mull mixes

what does everyone use?
lately i've been fadin off the tobacco in favour of some other plants

lobelia inflata
hops
california poppy

anyone have any recomendations for a decent char?

i always recommend mixing with some pot leaves or something else cannabis based.

adding anything to your pot is making it unhealthier because you inhaling more smoke to get the same high.

i like adding a bit (70/30) of cloves to my pot..... makes it taste even better, and you get that slight head rush that cloves can bring on in some people...

i usually mix my pot with fire.

it turns out to be a pretty good combination.

i love it how there always at least one smartass post every thread

few days ago i enjoyed some nugs, shwag, and resin all in 1 bowl, it tasted like stale potato chips but was quite an intresting high

the california poppy on its own just mellows you out a little, no real high or anything.

but combined with some decent bud gives a bit of an alternative high, you're more talkative more capable of different activities

i did have hold of some herb that released a small amount of seritonin, i cant remember the name though but it was an amazing smoke with weed...started with an 's'
no not salvia

whatever you use dont use catnip... it is full of tar, hard on teh lungs, and repulsive.
im curious as to how passion flower would be, it might put you to sleep though. of course its much better to not add anything but i think the best bet would be california poppy, or maybe actually wormwood, but it may be a bit harder to get. shakes always good too.

well i just smoke it sraight now, but once or twice i tried using the 'mixed herbs' from the pantry and they completely overpower the taste of mull and they change the high, cant really describe how but yeah in short, smoke it straight or with tobacco and yeah my quitting cigs attempt worked

Substitute for weed.

Has anyone got something thats easy to obtain that will help with the quitting of weed.

quitting weed isnt hard dude, there are few if any withdrawl symptoms and it is mostly phychological. if you use another substance to get over your phychological weed addiction you will likely just have a phychological addiction to the new substance. Just stick it out and stay away from it if you want to quit

^^^ Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. Pot is the only addition that I can't break. I've quite coke, opiate pills and a few others along the way, but I can't bring myself to quit smoking pot. As for the physical syptoms, yes, pot most definatly has a physical withdraw. It takes about 3-4 days after quitting before I can eat anything close to a full meal and I'm edgy as hell. I've had to lie to my family at restaurants about a stomach problem to account for not eating my meal simply because I hadn't smoked in like 36 hours. As for quiting, a mild regement of benzo's can help, they take the edge off and help relax my stomach so that I can eat. Be carefull not to trade one addiction for another though(benzo addition is another hard one to quit, been there too...)

ok, after a little bit of research i retract part of my statement, it is possible to get physical withdrawl symptoms if you're a really heavy smoker, when i quit i experienced only phychological which is where iw was comming from, but after looking it up i retract that.

i still warn of trading addictions though, because a heavy opiate addiction will always be worse than a heavy pot addiction, so i would be very weary of using opiates of benzos to aid your withdrawl if you have an addictive personality. a few benzos likely would help get over it, but from your post i'd be very weary of becomming addicted to those, as withdrawl from them can actually pose health risks.

I still maintain that phychological is the hardest part to break, and the easiest way to do this would likely be to try to take yourself out of situations where you usually smoke. if its certain friends then dont hang out with them for a week, make sure you dont buy any, spend a little time out of town, i dont know your situation but you need to evaluate how to break your phychological addiction as well as getting over physical

You don't need a substitute (and there are none anyway, at least nothing thats "like" pot), just stop. It's really not hard. I was smoking VERY heavily, many times a day, every single day, for 9 years and I just stopped 2 months ago. Just like that. I haven't even thought about it. Having no appetite and being edgy are not physical symptoms. I'm not doubting that some people do get physical symptoms after quitting a heavy pot habit, but those are not. And I would expect any that do occur to be mild. I've also heard that pot withdrawals include really bad insomnia. I'm an insomniac anyway, so I really didn't notice that.

BTW, there is a forum specifically for cannabis.

How often do you need to smoke to be classed a heavy smoker? I smoke bongs, and about 10-20 a day would anyone call this heavy. I can go through the day till night B4 I even start wanting it phsically and mentally.

This is basically the same thing in The Dark Side. Try to be just plain drug free instead keeping a constant use of drugs.