• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that marijuana does wonders for taking away my opiate cravings. It really makes me look at things in a different way. Only thing I don't like is that sometimes that effect can be so intense that it makes me look at my opiate addiction with such disgust that it can bring on some pretty intense anxiety.

I agree that marijuana does wonders for taking away my opiate cravings. It really makes me look at things in a different way. Only thing I don't like is that sometimes that effect can be so intense that it makes me look at my opiate addiction with such disgust that it can bring on some pretty intense anxiety.

Yeah I've definitely been there... But damn, I wish I could smoke, craving sooo hard after 2 days of h... And my 2 mg sub snorted w alcohol did just about nothing....

^ Haha.. And I can only imagine you spent a pretty penny on those up in VT.

On the bags? I'm actually in Plattsburgh NY now and it's waaayyyyy worse than Burlington ever was price wise... Fuckin ridiculous.

I never trust those tests after getting a positive for speed while in a rehab....I was in for opiates..the last thing I wanted was speed.

Also.... I've heard about this happening before. And I've had tests come back negative when they should have been positive too. But they take those things so seriously. I'm so scared I'm gunna catch another false positive or that the weed won't leave my system before my appointment or something...

Also.... I've heard about this happening before. And I've had tests come back negative when they should have been positive too. But they take those things so seriously. I'm so scared I'm gunna catch another false positive or that the weed won't leave my system before my appointment or something...
I don't think they should of punished you I mean heroin can stay in your system for up to 7 days which would cause you to have a false positive, I didn't know they were so strict about smoking pot. I remember before I quit I used to drive my friend to the methadone clinic every morning since he didn't have a car and he got drug tested every morning and he smoked pot. The people at the clinic didn't care as long as it wasn't opiates. Granted I'm from WA state but this was way before they legalized it.

Agreed totally. Quit weed because of a horrible experience for 9 years(since 19.) It was such a bad experience I was to scared to try it again. But my bffs bf. Sells so it was around me all the time. Anyways one day I took a bunch of bars And I guess I got the "courage " to try again. That was last June & I love weed now. I used to do Benzos & methadone like crazy. I'd take 10-15 bars with 60mgs of Meth(extremely stupid btw don't do it I could have easily died. But after I started smoking again I quit the Benzo binges. But I lost my connect for bud because my bff & I got into a huge fight. I've been smoking crap dry Mexican brick weed & it truly sucks. But I'll find one soon. My bf just doesn't want me to have any interactions with the opposite sex so it's kinda hard. I was in the store yesterday buying papers & the first store only had zigzags 11/2 & I use 1 1/4. Then he Tried to sell me those cheap ass. 99c papers. So I went down the street & the guy @ the counter was my age. So I told him the story asked him about the .99 c papers & he said he wouldn't try them & I asked him if he sells any he said he's sold one pack. So he's like have fun wish I could come with. Could've got a bud connect right there but knew my boyfriend wouldn't like it. Probably no definitely better suited for CD but has anyone ever Tried those. 99c papers? Sorry I got off topic but I agree weed helps cravings highly.

Trying to get the most outta my bupe doses still... Just dosed 2 mg intranasal dissolved in liquor with an oral syringe. Coming off a very small bupe vacation, two nights using around 7 bags h. Haven't used bupe in 72 hrs, been just about 24 since last h use. Before this I was using 8-16 mg dosed once or twice a day sublingual, never dosing less than 8 mg at a time. Does anyone think since using h for two days I may be able to get back on bupe at a smaller dose? If only I could find someone to buy some of these strips, I'm unemployed right now and haven't started receiving unemployment yet. No, not trying to sell to fellow BLers, just bitching I guess... Anyways been about 10 min since dosing and not really feeling anything. Hoping to get some of that benefit from the smaller doses everyone keeps talking about...

*EDIT* also, just about had a heart attack today. Bupe doctor called me. SUPPOSEDLY, I tested positive for heroin on 14 Jan - which was only one week after starting program - I know I didn't do any opiates in my first week on bupe. Then, on my last UA , I tested positive for weed and alcohol?!? Didn't even know they tested alcohol. She actually asked if I had drank the day I took the test - at 11 am. No, I had not... But she said she was dismissing me from the program. Stayed on the phone when she was about to hang up on me, and kept drilling her about the first test where I tested positive for h, asked why I never heard about it til now, asked if it could have been from very heavy usage before getting on subs, because I was using up to 3 buns a day... Finally she said since they didn't tell me about the first UA, she would give me one more chance, but obv I can never come back positive for anything again. There goes my weed for good... Sucks because I feel like weed helps me just as much as subs, or sometimes more! It takes my cravings away like nothing else. When I was still using regularly, I could be in wds and if they weren't that bad I could smoke a few bowls and be fine for the night. None of that pacing around the room fiending...

Sorry man I've Tried responding three times & everyone it says "your post is to short needs to be @ least 3,characters. " 3 characters I wrote 3paragraphs three times. I do want to respond I just gotta give myself a break. I'm using my phone so I'll answer a little later. He'll mb this one won't work but it Probably will because that's my luck lol.

^that's crazy no offense.. how can your bf expect you to be able to live a normal life if you can't interact with other males. Unless you guys have history which I'm obviously not asking for you to get into and even if you do, I think that's pretty unreasonable.

Not trying to derail the bupe thread with weed and relationship talk, but you know how it goes.

Kudos to you my man! Unfortunately I don't think I'm army material lol. Waking up @ 4 to run 5 miles well it's just not me. I can't even use the girl excuse because there are a ton in the army. But you obviously have discipline,determination And willpower which gives you great odds to stay clean! I know they say willpower has nothing to do with addiction & I agree when you are in the depths of addiction but after you've been clean a year I believe it's a choice. We just have this unbelievable power to justify, lie to ourselves & truly believe it won't happen again(but know in the back of our mind it probably will. But like I said good for you, seriously!

Even in the depths of a binge you still have a choice to stop your behavior, but chemical reward increases the probability for that behavior to continue, thus lowers the probability of you choosing to stop at that particular time. If the fire alarm sounds and smoke seeps into your room, I don't know an addict who wouldn't stop what he's doing to peace out lol, even in the depth of his binge, unless it's a strong opioid and he's literally paralyzed. It's just that the motivation has to be big enough.

I have a question for the guys.

To preface the question, I am 108 days clean off Suboxone.

NSFW:
my question pertains to ejaculation

I am busting a nut in 5 minutes. Several times in one day.

I'm not complaining - I am just wondering - is this common among anyone who has quit opiates/suboxone?

I am wondering if it's just me? I dobt remember getting off so quickly before opiates???

Thanks for any input. I am also having peripheral symptoms like yawning and teary eyes still - maybe this is all related? Maybe not?

^^^

Yeah man that's normal. Your testosterone levels go through the roof when you stop taking opiates, so your libido is nuts. But it evens out over time. You'll be back to normal soon, man.

I have a question for the guys.

To preface the question, I am 108 days clean off Suboxone.

NSFW:
my question pertains to ejaculation

I am busting a nut in 5 minutes. Several times in one day.

I'm not complaining - I am just wondering - is this common among anyone who has quit opiates/suboxone?

I am wondering if it's just me? I dobt remember getting off so quickly before opiates???

Thanks for any input. I am also having peripheral symptoms like yawning and teary eyes still - maybe this is all related? Maybe not?
As many times as you been in withdraw and you never realize how fast you nut? You roll over the wrong way and you'll cream yourself lmao. But yeah, happens to me as well.

Has anyone looked into testosterone levels while on bupe/subs?
Because if they do lower a mans test levels, then maybe it would be a huge relief to help raise them until your sub/bupe is over with. which is when they will go back to normal according to scags. maybe bupe + xtra test is the key.....
I know the real key is bupe + excersize, eating healthy, lifting heavy and working hard. But for some people it just seems nearly impossible. Maybe a little test supplementation along with bupe maint. would work wonders. hell id sure like to try it

Last edited:
As many times as you been in withdraw and you never realize how fast you nut? You roll over the wrong way and you'll cream yourself lmao. But yeah, happens to me as well.
I hadn't ever experienced withdrawal from an opiate for long enough to regain the desire to fap or fuck. This is a first time event I have been able to stay off opiates and bupe for 108 days.

I hadn't ever experienced withdrawal from an opiate for long enough to regain the desire to fap or fuck. This is a first time event I have been able to stay off opiates and bupe for 108 days.

108 days is pretty amazing if you ask me. But I'm currently stuck on this bupe because I think I'm still at the point where I'll spend way more money if I get off it.

My longest clean time since starting opies is 33 days I believe. I actually haven't racked up any longer of a period on bupe... Now that I'm on bupe I usually take a 2-3 day "vacation" once a month right after I get my script when I won't have to test for at least another month. But at least most of the time I'm "clean". Without bupe, most of my quitting attempts lasted 4-6 days, just long enough to make it through the physical wds and move onto PAWS...

Also worth noting, my sex life SUCKS on bupe. I actually had way better sex the two nights I did h this week. I'm a chick, but still. For some reason your original post doesn't show up right on my phone, but I get the gist of it.

I never really had the desire just the urge for some type of release. And that makes more sense if you have to been through wd long enough to wanna fap/fuck again. 108 days and you're still having problems? Is it just paws? And weren't you on a really small dose. I would hope you'd be in the clear by now. Good job on your progress so far tho.

I'll be on bupe for 2 months, 3 months maximum. In a little over 2 weeks I'll have 90 days clean from dope and oxy and on the 25tg I had 3 months clean from alcohol, which always lead me back to dope. The sub is helping more that I'm not drinking and just smoking weeds. Drinking always leads to dope for me so I gotta stay away.

So i know the smart answer is just don't do it, but I'm not very smart i guess ha. I'm tryn to do a quick sub taper to break dependence.
something like;
Day 1:2-4mg subL, depending on what it takes to hold me
Day 2: no more than 2mg but prolly less. Prolly more like 2 .5mg shots, morn n mid afternoon.
Day 3: skip cause i have the day off
Day 4: minimal bc i have the day off a well
Day 5-7: i have to work, physically, these days so prolly keep the two .25mg shots through these days. Maybe tryn skip the lunch break shot or see if subL w alcohol can spread the doses out better, see how it goes.
Day8 i have off so I'll play by ear
Any suggestions for the taper?

I have been tryn to do this for two or three weeks now n always use on the 3rd or 4th day but this last time using on the third day turned into a week long run w dope n diluadids.
Any way my question is, my last, sad shot yesterday at 9am, washed a couple dirty spoons, and mixed in the last .1 of dope.
Ok so 20/21 hours later i dropped 1mg subL and lays back down, i felt an increase in chills but no other symptoms were exacerbated, then I fell back asleep n woke up feeling fine for the most part, n now it's 24 hours since last agonist, n 4 hours since 1mg subL so I was wondering if iv'ing .5mg would (i don't want to call it precipitated w/d) bring on more withdrawals before it makes me feel better. I dunno if it matters but I still have cold chills and a loose stomach.
I know what i should do but could i get away shooting .5 without negative/withdrawal symptoms
EDIT: got impatient (imagine that, an impatient addict) and shot .25 with no ill consequences. But i still wouldn't mind a bit of input our ideas about my sub taper. For what its worth i feel fine right now off of 1mg subL followed by .25iv 4 hours later

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.