• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v17.0 + v18.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! I am already registered on this site but haven't been here in about 6 months b/c my computer died on me. Anyways, I want some advice on when i should get on subs, and how i should take. In December I ended my 6 month run with Methadone, and I was using H on top (for much longer than 6 months). I got a week clean time and relapsed. In January I got another 7 days clean at in-patient detox, relapsed day I got out. Since then Ive been using and now I am trying to stop. I IV a B (10bags/east coast powder, VERY good stuff) each shot , usually 3 times a day. I have been using for 6 years (with very minimal breaks maybe once or twice a year). I've been on subs before but just ended up using ontop of it each time. I want to get it right this time!!!! My last dose was 9AM and I am thinking about taking a sub at 9PM. Is this straight? And how much yall reccomend I take?

THANKS

EDIT: I also have about 100x1MG xanax and maybe 5x10MG methadone pills to help me through, and 7x8MG Subs

^^^
It's not the time frame it's the amount of withdrawal your in. Google the C.O.W.S. worksheet, it is a scale that will helpyou put a number on how bad your wd is. Once your at twenty six you can def dose no problem
Don't mix the methadone with the subs you'll end up putting your self into precipitated w/d

Yah the methadone pills, once you're on the subs, even a week before scratch those. If you really want to make it on subs & you've started them, flush the methadone pills. I've seen people in the WORST pain in their life. I'm talking they called 911. Granted they were stupid enough to be on MMT @ 60mgs for a year but still subs & methadone do NOT mix. A couple years ago I saw some idiot at the clinic trying to sell subs to patients there before everyone knew about the whole subs & methadone don't mix(Precipitated Withdrawal) & I went off on.them. Since methadone has such a long half life (unlike heroin) it stays in your system for a while.

Pick one or the other when it comes to a short taper and bupe vs methadone. Trying to use them both is most likely just going to end in a lot of pain.

Has anyone looked into testosterone levels while on bupe/subs?
Because if they do lower a mans test levels, then maybe it would be a huge relief to help raise them until your sub/bupe is over with. which is when they will go back to normal according to scags. maybe bupe + xtra test is the key.....
I know the real key is bupe + excersize, eating healthy, lifting heavy and working hard. But for some people it just seems nearly impossible. Maybe a little test supplementation along with bupe maint. would work wonders. hell id sure like to try it

Bupe didn't lower my testosterone levels. Actually the opposite. When I went on maintenance (16mgs a day) I was fapping sometimes 6/7 times a day. I'm 41 years old, not in high school. Getting off full agonists made me want to fuck everything in sight. On full agonists I'd go weeks without busting.

I'm still taking Bupe. Usually around 2mg a day. And I still want to fuck everything in sight. Its just been 18 months now so its not as fresh as it was when I stopped Oxy.

dumbest thing I've done was getting off subox. I just stopped going to my Dr. because it became a hassle; esp. w/ me working full time and not being able to always get to the doc. I also fucked up myself because I pissed dirty on ONE test and he made me come in for a month straight to test me which led me to aggravation and also led me to come up w/ excuses as to why I should use, lol. at least I know they were excuses I made up for myself to use, right?

dumbest thing I've done was getting off subox. I just stopped going to my Dr. because it became a hassle; esp. w/ me working full time and not being able to always get to the doc. I also fucked up myself because I pissed dirty on ONE test and he made me come in for a month straight to test me which led me to aggravation and also led me to come up w/ excuses as to why I should use, lol. at least I know they were excuses I made up for myself to use, right?

Sorry to hear that, Boston. I lurked this thread for months and enjoyed your posts as an advocate of bupe. Shows how hard this game is, and shows how easy to slip if not 100% committed.

The Return of BBT!!!

What's your status, man? Using? Back on suboxone?

we've missed ya here at the sub mega thread Boston! How're things lately? Did u ever end up getting those zubs? If ya did how do u like em? (Was I right? Hah!)

I know not to take them together but if the pain is too bad on the subs, I'm gonna use either a tiny bit of H or a tiny bit of Methadone on top of the subs.
You will go into perc. wd if you use subs AFTER using opiates, but if you use subs THEN opiates (because a lot of time subs do shit for me, I guess cuz my use is so high) you won't go into any wd.

But anyways..should I use 2mg or 4mg or 8mg? It's been 12 hour since my last shot of 10bags a and no COW symptoms at all yet.

I just wanted to I guess kind of rant about the stupidity of some Dr's. My friend who switched from Meth to Subs, well her Dr is an idiot. Since the subs aren't taking very well with her(I think she expected it to take away all wd symptoms when when jumping off Meth @ 32mg tapering from 130mgs(for 2 years) @ 10 mgs/week, not to mention when she got to 60mgs she started a dope habit on top of that, then just doing dope for 5 days & went about 36 hours with nothing(so she was in pretty bad wds. ) Sorry if this confusing it's hard to explain. Anyways she went into his office & scored like a 30 on COWS so he gave her 1 8/2 mg suboxone. Waited 45 mind gave her another. Nothing. Waited another 45 mind. Nothing. She told me she felt EXACTLY the same. No better, no worse. So no PCWDS. The next day he told her to take 4 (8mg) & I told her it was insane, theirs a ceiling And she's doing more harm than good. She had to work the next day(I told her to take a week off because a day wasn't gonna probably cut it but she's a dental hygienist, just changed offices so she couldn't take the time. It's a job where she's on her feet from 8-6, so it's pretty hard to do dope sick.So she took 3 the next day(instead of the 4 the Dr told her to take but more than the 2 I suggested. ) Still nothing. No better, no worse but really really shitty(according to her.) So knowing she had to work the next day she bought 2 bundles(u know just in case;lol) & I guess she did one before work & said she did feel better, she got out of work @ 8pm(no subs during the day) & did the other b & felt MUCH better. Long story short, she's been back & forth with the dope & subs. I'm assuming she's doing the dope more because when she was just taking the subs she'd Call me non-stop. In the past 2 days she's barley texted me, but she did last night after her apt with the sub Dr. I guess he gave her 40 8mg strips for a week!!! Crazy. She said she already has 15 extra from before. So I was like "Is your Dr a new sub Dr?" So I guess she asked him if he ever had a case of a.person switching from methadone to subs & he told her no. She's just going in a huge circle & basically working to pay for the dope. I told her you have to take like a week off & go to subs And ONLY subs because what you're doing right now is pointless & a waste of $. Either get on the subs or use or get clean off everything(but I don't see that happening.) Do you guys think for 2 days of taking subs it wouldn't help at all? Idk if she's exaggerating or what, but I want to switch to subs(I'm on 52mgs of methadone tapering slow but steady, trying to not use heroin at all when I get below 40, but after this I'm scared to freaking death.) The LAST thing I want is to be back on heroin, I haven't used it in 3 years, got my life back,parents,friends,family, I even work for my father handling money(doing the bookkeeping) which I would have NEVER thought would happen in my lifetime after what I put them through(the stealing A LOT, lying, going to jail, spending $$ on lawyers) but getting a dope habit again would kill them And me, because I've come so far. Why switch? Because I'm getting a TON of pressure from my fiance(he's on subs) & it would be easier only having to go to the Dr every 4 months. Does anyone have experience making the switch from Meth to subs? Sorry so long & Thanks in advance. Oh I just thought of something if it's going to be THAT hard why do it because I know coming off subs is no joke as my fiance has been trying for at least a year.

8( i guess im posting in the right area. I have been upgraded from 8mg of subutex to 16 mg subutex a day. High as mount everest right now. Im trying to figure out why my doctor up'd my dose. all I said to him was sometimes during the day i break out into a little sweat usually around dinnertime. He said its a mild withdrawal effect from not having enough bupe in me. I have been on this for 18 months now, I would of thought he would have maybe told me to take half a pill but now I went from 30 pills a month to 60. This stuff is expensive and now I'm creating an excess of extra pills. I don't wanna say to him its too much but at the same time it has been helping just costing a lot. The thing is really though maybe he would start weening me off them but he increased them. Any suggestions out there? Thanx

^^^

That's a very high dose of bupe. If you plan on ever getting off.. and don't want it to be incredibly brutal, bring that dose way down. You were probably sweating and shit because you were on too high of a dose even at the 8mg's, not because you were in withdrawal. You would know the difference.

Tell your doctor that you do not want to be on such a high dose, and want to drop down to a small a dose as possible that takes care of your withdrawals (and you tell him when you're not feeling withdrawals, don't let him tell you that. It's your body.) Or, just keep filling the scripts as normal, but take whatever dose you want to, a lower one like 4-6mg's and see how you feel. Then you'll just have all this extra suboxone, wont have to keep seeing him anymore because you'll have such a large stockpile, and can ween off yourself when you are ready.

Boy is it easy to switch one addiction for another. I detoxed off sub last April 22th after 14 yrs of methadone and suboxone (12 meth/2 sub) It took me months to feel 80% better, about 4 months. So around new yrs I started drinking heavily, about 1/3-1/2 a liter of vodka a day, everyday. Thing is, I rarely got drunk and just felt generally crappy. So I've stopped after a solid three months of daily drinking. I didn't feel a single withdrawl type feeling..I just feel better.
No offense to any of you drinkers out there...but I hate the way alcohol effects people. I always said I'd rather be a hype than a drunk. Drunks are repulsive to me.
Anyway...I obviously need to fill that empty space that opiates left with something healthy. I'm biking and running and the weather is better, so things are good..
Hey, Boston, good to see you back. I'm afraid I know the answer to Mr. S's question. You were talking yourself into a relapse when I saw you here last. Those couple days of chipping turned into something full time...right?
How you gonna afford that new place with a habit too?
Get your ass back on sub!
(You know I care!)

Did try telling you n you just snapped at us.
We all make mistakes it's what you do NOW that counts.
I'd advise you to get back on suboxone.
The support is here for you if you want it.
Forget the past it's what happens from now on that matters.

Mr.scag that's an ace idea. I'm actually doing that myself with the suboxone though had 12mg today. But most days I'm trying to have 8-10 mg.

Good luck
Evey

Last edited:
Ziggy
I also occasionally drink and I don't get withdrawal from it either.

Hi Capt, good to see you. Yeah, I kinda like drinking, but I feel like hammered shit the next morning so I'm quitting it for now. Just had a friend die last night of liver failure and one of my best buds died last summer from liver cancer. Drinking is much more damaging to the body than opies.
Your doing good? You must have 110 days by now...
I'm coming up on a yr in April.

A year is good to be fair.
Sorry for your losses.

Evey

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.