• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v16.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish bupe FELT as strong as it truly is. maybe I'd be having a better time than I already am.

It's really hard for people to believe the old " less is more" with Sub. But it's true. You really start to "feel" your dose under 4 mg.
Good luck in what ever you do....

Tommy....I was just looking at the "coping thread" and it mentioned Tiger Balm for restless legs...I've never tried it, but I guess it's popular.
With the epson salts bath...do it right before you jump in bed. I only had restless legs for about three or four nights during sub withdrawal, but the burning skin thing seem to last weeks.
Hang in there...

It's really hard for people to believe the old " less is more" with Sub. But it's true. You really start to "feel" your dose under 4 mg.
Good luck in what ever you do....

I've seen it said by multiple people, and hope its true come that day, but 4MG is the dose I'd take on my "days off" when still using. It didnt make me feel great but it did help me get through the day or till my next score. there have been times I'd take 4MG at 7AM and be shooting dope by 9PM and feeling GOOD. might have gotten a bit of blockage but still would have the dope hit me hard. as of now I am on 8MG of bupe (coming from 24MG 4 months back) and this feels like an OK dose thus far. there are days I'll go back to 12 or even 16 for "fun" in the sick, twisted mien of a junkie but 8MG in the AM has been best thus far. also, as said before, it's always been BEST to take ONCE A DAY in AM. originally the Dr. mentioned take every 12 hours but I feel better taking my full dosage just once in the AM and DONE!

I think that the reason why I've been doing alright at work is because I'm on my feet all day, and that actually keeps the restless legs at bay. But the minute I lay down they keep kicking, so I usually get up and walk around which feels better, but then it gets bad again when I lay back down.

Apparently it is best to keep moving with restless legs. When I was withdrawing they were a nightmare n I actually had it in my arms too. Drink tonic water or eat banana if you feel ok to. They have potassium which helps n a hot bath is a miracle worker for a short while. Sorry you're not well n hope it clears for Christmas for you x

Brown what do you mean you wish you felt bupe's strength? Do you mean get off it. Personally I'm glad that I can't or I'd end up addicted to it. I know our bodies get dependent on it but dependence n addiction are different n I would not want to be addicted to suboxone. I got on suboxone to deal with my addiction n getting high would be counter-productive. It was weird feeling normal when first put on it, the emptiness n the flat feeling now since I've increased I'm like me again like I was never addicted. I collect my medication weekly n take it every morning but apart from that I wouldn't know I was on anything.

To me - taking suboxone is like taking my antidepressants. It isn't easy to get off those but they also help. There are also withdrawals from antidepressants n believe me those withdrawals were terrible. I lasted a week off my citralopram n had to get back on it to stablise me.
I see suboxone the same way. And although some minimalise what I've been through with my addiction because my addiction wasn't "heroin, or "OxyContin" my addictio. DID affect me n COULD HAVE KILLED ME, did cripple me financially, almost lost my family, messed my head up to the point the idea of dying did not frightening me because my addiction was "more important," but of course I was just on a weak opiate could easily have come off it doesn't matter that I was suicidal with a four year old etc etc it's just codeine hardly affected any of you on "heroin" "oxycontin"

I'm sorry but I get offended when strangers belittle my addiction or tell me that I should not be on the dose I am on. None of you are doctors n none of you know what I went through "only being addicted to codeine" please don't judge me. Hydro is only slightly stronger than codeine n there is a big difference between taking 40mg (a few pills prob not over the limit) n 800mg codeine a day.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat, minus those comfort meds. After being on subs for a few months I went on a little 2 week run (300mg oxy / day) and then finally stopped 3 days ago. I had mostly been waiting 24 hours between dosing which I think helped a bit, and these withdrawals haven't been too hellish other than not being able to sleep. I got an hour two nights ago, and maybe 4 hours last night. I pretty much got through the worst of it after the first day. I've even been working 8 hours a day without wanting to kill everyone. So my main symptoms have been restless / burning legs, insomnia, and feeling cold.

Mentally I feel great though, which might just be mania coming at a good time. Zero substances were taken to help, and I don't plan on going back on anything.

So you stopped the subs too? Or did you get back on them? Did 300mg oxy work? How much sub were you taking? I would imagine maybe 300 mg wouldn't do anything for me. Seeing as I started sub at such a high dose and my tolerance was a bit higher than that, on days where I was low( on pills) 300mg could get me through the day, but I didn't like it. I'm sure I'm perma screwed. Which is great , because I never want to do it again. Really once you get to the 300mg day mark and higher it's real hard to get enough oxy to do it. You are shoving pills after pills in to try and live.

When I got back on the train. I was doing an 8/72 rule thing. It was working I think.( prolly not) Then I pressed the limit and did a one week thing. At the time I needed 250mg /oxy to do the trick and a good trick too. After that 1 week. I stopped for a couple days. Just one week is all it took,,,, after being clean over 4 months had me reaching for more oxy. I tried 2 days without and it wasn't that bad( symptoms) but I didn't like it. So I tried every other day. Nope no good. Every day, everyday,everydayeveryday.To the beginning of this thread where I came in seeking a way off. Freeking 8 months. at a min of 350 mg oxy to I bet somedays I was taking 500mg. I didn't start counting till the last month or so when I tried to taper it.

And apparently 1mg xanax and 600 mg neurontin did get me another few hours of sleep. Kinda groggy .

sublingually is best I feel; for myself, at least. last thing I want is sniffing or shooting; just to remind me of the past.

crazy to think so many out there sniff/shoot there bupe to help get off the dope.

.06 of bupe is really next to nothing; you can read all you want but lets face reality here and realize we are all ex-junkies. maybe if given to a person who has NEVER TAKEN a drug before or to a small child, but to a past user what is .06 going to do? help w/ the WD a small bit? if so, I'm cool w/ that. but even then its a waste. how are you guys even measuring these out to such small dosage? must be good w/ the pill cutter or have a good eye when crushing.

May not be ideal, but it does help me stay off the the dope taking it this way, I'd rather snort suboxone than get back on heroin, plus with the pills, you can take very small doses when tapering down, and in general really. They say the bioavailability isn't much higher insufflated but it sure feels like it when you try to take it sublingually again.

.06 is a small amount yes, but it is not nothing, as I was saying. That amount would make a big difference to someone who has stopped and is in withdrawal.

Again with the names? It's ok I forgive you. I hope the best for you I really do. I realize that I make you feel frustrated in all. But I will pray for you.

Good luck!

Hey I also fixed the post for you so now it looks nice and neat.

What? Can you read? There was NO AGAIN with any names, let alone the first time, which I explained. Also, I'd prefer you don't pray for me or talk about it, doesn't mean a thing to an atheist when someone says that.

3 days ago I took .125 the day before that was .3. So according to the chart the amount of sub in me is undetectable. It's in the microscopic levels. Some people want to say I have a shitload left in me, but I was dosing so low for that week before I stopped, it's almost nothing now.

I assume by 'some people' you are referring to me, but I never said shitload, I said it was NOT NOTHING, but difference.

Had a little medical procedure the other day,
2mg suboxone daily (snorted generally).
24 hours, little effects from 80mg hydro.
Just got to about 40 hours, took another 60mg. got about 160mg left. Hope i get something off this 60.. normally WD start day 2 or 3 for me so i realize i'm not getting full effects as the sub is still there.

Is is true that the plasma half life is short (6 hours or so), but the 36 hour half life is because the sub stays attatched so long to recepters? Or was that naltrexone.. or both.

Anyways. Dunno if i should try and use the hydros to taper off..
Parents tried to take me to rehab on my birthday. I'm actually doing better than ever for my sobriety, and a 90 day program was the last thing i would do. So far from any 'rock bottom..

It really sucks when a therapist brainwashes your overly crazy and worried mom. All because I never pass my UA's (i keep smoking pot) although no other drugs are ever found. Retarded imo.

It is naloxone, not naltrexone, and it is been understood, by educated users, and also in this thread, that the naloxone is essentially inactive because of the buprenorphine having the higher affinity for the receptors.

.06 must only help the user get by for an hour or so. or help someone w/ an extremely low tolerance for opiates or bupe itself. I cant imagine .06 doing much for users who were shooting/sniffing 2-3G's of dope a day; or 300MG of oxy daily. it may buy them some time till they find their next fix but even then the time is VERY LIMITED w/ that type of dosage.

I hear so much about HOW BAD it will be when it comes time to get off the bupe; makes me want to just relax and stay on the bupe as long as I can; after all, it has helped change/save my life. although I have no urge, sense or feeling to use, I still think the bupe plays a large party in that; as well as the fact my last OD was life threatening and I learned a lot from it.

if you have a trusted Dr. or part of a program, what is the rush? insurance is paying the bill, right? your script cost you what? $15/mo as opposed to the 150+ daily people once spent; most of the time more than that. and only god knows what most of us did to get that money. so by no means RUSH off what COULD BE saving your life UNLESS you KNOW YOU ARE READY for the next step! although I do find myself "ready", I am in no rush to make sure that I am right about being 'ready", ha.

I agree Brown. I'd stay on suboxone my whole life if I could. Love it y'know. Since I've increased to 12mg life really has started again. Your right - what's the rush, eh?!!! Life really is the best it's been in so long xxxx

PS why does it keep saying server busy? It really is annoying.

Most of the people I used to work with were on vicodin(hydrocodone). Half of them had habits on the shit, or at the very least chips. These weren't "pussies" by any stretch, these were tough blue collar dudes who were used to working in the elements through the New England winters. Most of them got hurt at some point and got a script, and then just went from there. The younger guys all did it too...It was pretty much an accepted part of the workplace culture. Of course, I was turning down all the pills going around even if they were free because I was on dope, which almost nobody knew about for 2 years. Then everyone found out and it became a joke, not a very funny one to the bosses...ha

40-60 mgs of hydrocodone is no fucking picnic to detox cold turkey from by any stretch of the imagination. I've seen people just as sick as an IV heroin user from all outward appearances. It really is different for everyone.

Personally, detoxing off methadone after being on it for 2 1/2 years wasn't really that bad for me. By the 3rd week I was feeling much better....I was depressed before and after I ever went on methadone, so I don't really know if I had "PAWS" for a long time after.

It's not that it's not doable detoxing from Suboxone, because 3 weeks is nothing, really....It's sticking with it when you can simply take more at any time that makes it so difficult. I'm even thinking of checking into rehab just so I'm not in control of it.

It is naloxone, not naltrexone, and it is been understood, by educated users, and also in this thread, that the naloxone is essentially inactive because of the buprenorphine having the higher affinity for the receptors.

Holy crap lady. I have 10X more knowledge than you on this subject. I don't know why you jumped in here and decided to tell me I am ignorant on this subject.When it's obvious, well....
2z66u4i.png

It's naltrexone!!! I know all about your 1st grade stuff you are talking about. NOW please leave me alone.

Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm sensing some hostility between NotAgain and christinabox! Let's just smoke a ciggy and chill.

NotAgain do you have experience with Vivitrol vs. Naltrexone? I'm on Naltrexone now but don't trust myself...

x

Anyways,

Today is day 4. I'm not feeling anything bad. I feel great. I can do everything I want to do. I'm going to say, this is a soft landing. Only a sleep thing last night. Today I feel INCREDIBLE!!!

This POST concludes my experiences from when I was on oxy to the rehab( WHERE I learned alot) To my Transition to sub , to Today( all in this thread and the one before it). I've also learned a lot right here. I studied everything I was doing and I now know quite a bit about Suboxone.

Unless things take a turn, I will no longer report days or feelings. Today Is well into day 4 since jump and I'm feeling fantastic.

Thanks for everybody support here.

I will continue to come by and maybe I will be able to help someone with my experience and the things I learned.

Thanks again!

I'm sensing some hostility between NotAgain and christinabox! Let's just smoke a ciggy and chill.

NotAgain do you have experience with Vivitrol vs. Naltrexone? I'm on Naltrexone now but don't trust myself...

x

I tried to chill. Look at all the previous responses I have to her. She kept attacking me and calling me names and insisted that she is all knowing.lolo. She was unaware that I spent the last month in a rehab where they educate you all about suboxone. As well as the taper program , and everything learned here and all my research.Anyways.

No no experience and I hope I never have to ask the DR for it. After what I went through , I don't think I will ever need it.

So today is day 4 w/o bupes? Good for you! I almost have 2 weeks! Pedantic remarks aside this thread and this website is about support. No attacking should occur. This is to everyone. I am sorry you feel threatened NotAgain but keep coming back (ignore the 12-step reference)

x

^^^

Suboxone is like any other method of getting clean.. it can work great, or fail miserably.. it all depends on how much you personally want to get clean, and if you really take the steps to get there. Like anything else, suboxone is just a tool one can use to help them get on the right path.

In the end, you still need to work out for yourself why it is you use, and find the strength and ability to stay clean.

As far as I see it, this is pretty much right on point. If you want to say all these things like "I dosed this way" or "I tapered this way" or "I took it for this long" and so on, then say it worked for me that way so that is the way it must be used...Then there is the flip side where people say the same things but that it didn't work so its not to be used in that fashion. Because of those experiences and the resulting beliefs there is all this arguing, "hey it worked for me that way so you should do it that way" or "don't do it this way because I've tried and it doesn't work". Everyone is out there contradicting each other. In the long run it all means shit, complete shit. There is so much more bearing on whether the person wants to get clean and is really, really set on it than what way they use Suboxone or is they use it at all for that matter.

As far as I see it, this is pretty much right on point. If you want to say all these things like "I dosed this way" or "I tapered this way" or "I took it for this long" and so on, then say it worked for me that way so that is the way it must be used...Then there is the flip side where people say the same things but that it didn't work so its not to be used in that fashion. Because of those experiences and the resulting beliefs there is all this arguing, "hey it worked for me that way so you should do it that way" or "don't do it this way because I've tried and it doesn't work". Everyone is out there contradicting each other. In the long run it all means shit, complete shit. There is so much more bearing on whether the person wants to get clean and is really, really set on it than what way they use Suboxone or is they use it at all for that matter.

Sure , it's like every other drug that came out for a certain purpose and then once out it's found it can do more than what it was first made for. What ever works , works. Simple.

Take neurontin, it was an elliptic med. After released and a little while later all of a sudden it can: treat nerve pain conditions ,such as diabetic neuropathy, peripheral neuropathy, trigeminal neuralgia and restless legs syndrome.

http://www.rxlist.com/neurontin-drug/consumer-uses.htm

I feel good about how things went down for me. That's what matters, right?

This world is not all the same. Each person is highly individualized. That person has to find what's right for them.

I fell into something that worked for me. I didn't know how I was going to use sub. The place that treated me decided. Again I had no say in what I was doing, they controlled every step.

So I can't say the way I did it is right. I can say this giant rehab center has been using suboxone this way for a long time. Gotta mean something?

I will say I continued to take their taper further. When they were done with me at 1mg I took it all the way to .125

I truly believe that when I was at 1mg and into the mcg range I was going through WD's. It was just bearable because of the low low doses I was taking. I'm still waiting for at least another 3-4 days before I can say it's a

Successful sub taper with soft landing.

Yea vivitrol shot is naltrexone. Tnhere 's quite a lot online about that at the moment. The patient has injection I think it's every months. Someone's partner on another forum had it n for times in ages they started to get on but i don't know the benefits/limitation long term. One limitation is that if it disagrees witb you, you can't just stop it.

Come on now it's an easy mistake to make: naloxone n naltrexone. They also use naltrexone for what called rapid detox where people come into place with opiates in them n are put to slerp, insert a naltrexone thing in their arm ( sorry too tired for right words now).

Sure , it's like every other drug that came out for a certain purpose and then once out it's found it can do more than what it was first made for. What ever works , works. Simple.

Take neurontin, it was an elliptic med. After released and a little while later all of a sudden it can: treat nerve pain conditions ,such as diabetic neuropathy, peripheral neuropathy, trigeminal neuralgia and restless legs syndrome.

http://www.rxlist.com/neurontin-drug/consumer-uses.htm

I feel good about how things went down for me. That's what matters, right?

This world is not all the same. Each person is highly individualized. That person has to find what's right for them.

I fell into something that worked for me. I didn't know how I was going to use sub. The place that treated me decided. Again I had no say in what I was doing, they controlled every step.

So I can't say the way I did it is right. I can say this giant rehab center has been using suboxone this way for a long time. Gotta mean something?

I will say I continued to take their taper further. When they were done with me at 1mg I took it all the way to .125

I truly believe that when I was at 1mg and into the mcg range I was going through WD's. It was just bearable because of the low low doses I was taking. I'm still waiting for at least another 3-4 days before I can say it's a

Successful sub taper with soft landing.

Another example is Viagra. Initially a drug to treat hypertension and angina, but then they found it works really well to get it up. Sort of like how nitroglycerine works, but it apparently vasodilates one blood vessel particularly well.

So you stopped the subs too? Or did you get back on them? Did 300mg oxy work? How much sub were you taking? I would imagine maybe 300 mg wouldn't do anything for me. Seeing as I started sub at such a high dose and my tolerance was a bit higher than that, on days where I was low( on pills) 300mg could get me through the day, but I didn't like it. I'm sure I'm perma screwed. Which is great , because I never want to do it again. Really once you get to the 300mg day mark and higher it's real hard to get enough oxy to do it. You are shoving pills after pills in to try and live.

When I got back on the train. I was doing an 8/72 rule thing. It was working I think.( prolly not) Then I pressed the limit and did a one week thing. At the time I needed 250mg /oxy to do the trick and a good trick too. After that 1 week. I stopped for a couple days. Just one week is all it took,,,, after being clean over 4 months had me reaching for more oxy. I tried 2 days without and it wasn't that bad( symptoms) but I didn't like it. So I tried every other day. Nope no good. Every day, everyday,everydayeveryday.To the beginning of this thread where I came in seeking a way off. Freeking 8 months. at a min of 350 mg oxy to I bet somedays I was taking 500mg. I didn't start counting till the last month or so when I tried to taper it.

And apparently 1mg xanax and 600 mg neurontin did get me another few hours of sleep. Kinda groggy .

Im on nothing now. I was on 4mg of sub while I was on it, and after waiting a day or so to get high I still needed 120mg of oxy to feel anything, and 300 to get nice. Most times it was in a equivalent dose of dope, but I did them both enough to know what equals what.

This is day 4 and I'm hoping to get some sleep as I've only amassed maybe 7 hours total over the last 3 nights. All other symptoms are getting better though. I'm going to try the salt bath again tomorrow before bed, as last time the water wasn't hot enough so didn't really help. The weird thing is that my appetite never really left that much, yet I was puking the first few days so idk.

I swear I wasn't sick one day while on methadone (12 yrs) and BAM, the first two months off maintenance I had several colds.
I've wondered if opiates boost the immune system, or I was just too numb to notice a cold? (Or my memory of the methadone days is a bit off?) But I've heard lots of other people who have had the same experience. Maybe just the stress of WD causes colds?

Ive noticed i dont get sick while on long lasting opie's like sub. or as long as i have enough to never w/d. it seems like the w/d can kick in a flu sometimes by lowering the immune, maybe idk.

all i know is i feel more defended against cold and flu symptoms while on opiates for sure. kind of a an obvious one tho... :D

wow. i tried to stop sub (and theoretically opiates in general) for like the 1,000th time. the withdrawal was worse than it ever has been before this time and just kept getting worse. by day 8 i had started shooting multiple speedballs and drinking from the time i woke up until i passed out. day 10 i found a half strip and evened out over the next couple of days. guess i haven't left the addict behavior behind yet lol. ugh.

oh my... u okay??? is this already been taken care of?!? im so sry. speedball come down's suck imo. not good stuff. i try to use low dose weak opiates for a short period of time to help kick bupe. just only if u have to, and as little as possible. plus as short of time as possible. it helps me alot tho... like a few tramadol, or hydros just gotta be reasonable. and realize you're playing with fire, so be careful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.