• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine Mega Thread and FAQ v16.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude, READ all you want; how long have you been on the drug? how often have you dealt w/ the drug while dragging out the habit. yes, go listen to the Dr.'s and others who have NO EXPERIENCE WHAT SO EVER in the drug besides what the medical world has to say.

get your head out of your ass and realize this is going to be different for each and everybody. it's not about stating scientific facts, you fucking fool. its about stating your experience w/ the drug and also what you've heard about the drug from your friends and also your current Dr.

stop reading the books and get on the fucking drug. go picked up a dope habit again and do it all again and base it on that, not what the fuck you hear. base it on the rate of sobriety and how many more stay sober at higher doses of subox than those prescribed lower doses. why's that, tho? is it because those people didnt read into the books headed back to the 50's? where in modern time you fucking whackjob, so open the fucking eyes and shut the fuck up and read. youre better off NOT talking.

This is one of the most horribly rendered, pathetic pieces of writing I've ever read.

you are one of the most idiotic, unintelligent pieces of shit I've ever met.

I am SICK OF HEARING that a drug is only taken ONE WAY and THAT IS THE WAY it works; you truly sound like a fool. I'm glad all worked out for you on whatever it is you have done/read, but it doesnt work that way for everybody so enough of the talking as if you know what the rest of the community dont.

please, SHUT THE FUCK UP! go shot up, please. have a fun night and nod. maybe I wont have to read another post.

I haven't shot heroin in over 8 months...I was first prescribed Suboxone in 2005 and I currently take 1.5mgs twice a day...So once again, you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about!

Alright, alrighttt. Chill boys. ;) As entertaining as this is to read.. hah, lets try and be somewhat civil, eh?

Just to throw my two cents in quickly.. there are certain things (with every drug) that can't be argued. In the case with buprenorphine/suboxone, some of those things are: The fact it has a higher binding affinity than naloxone, making it inactive via any ROA. Can cause precipitated withdrawals when an opiate dependent person takes a dose of bupe when opiates are still attached to the receptors. Is a partial-agonist, has an average half-life of 36 hours, etc, etc.

Those are all examples (there are many more) of things that have been studied, tested, corroborated by thousands of users personal experience, etc. There's no point in arguing them.

Of course, there are also many characteristics of drugs that are very individualistic and are not so black and white.. like how the medication effects you personally, your own level of withdrawal, how fast it leaves your system, the level of blockage a given dose gives you, etc. Those are the issues to discuss.

Last edited:
I dont want to speak to soon, but i think i may possibly have done it, in the most unconventional and ill advised way, but i havent had any bupe for 3 days. I took 4mg three days ago simply because it was there and once the thought "take it" got into my head, the urge was irresistible. However, before that 4mg splurge i had been on 0.1 mg for a few weeks. Maybe the fading remnants of that 4mg was all that i needed to get off it, and Id done all the hard work by getting down to 0.1, and there was nothing left to do.

I was still high the day before yesterday I had so much energy and motivation, Id forgotten what that was like. got nearly all the muddles in my living room sorted out. They were too much to tackle before. Opened a load of letters id been ignoring, one is a 2 week old final reminder from EON. I adapted my CV and wrote a tailored letter for a job in a store in town, and cycled in to hand it to them, havent even heard back from that FFS. Started completing an online application form.

Its now allmost 3 days since i took that last dose of bupe, im feeling fine, no w/ds, infact i have more energy than i did when i was taking 0.1 mg for a few weeks. Maybe the bupe was robbing my energy somehow. I'll give it another day or 2, but i think ive cracked it, through sheer luck.

^I would think if you are taking 0.1 mg/day and suddenly pop 4 mg that it will be a while before you need another dose. Theoretically all that is going to do is hold off w/d for days(probably more than 3) & then you will have w/d from not having the .1 mg your body is use to.

Consider the low end of half-life still leaves .5 mg in your system after 72 hours, its hard to think you solved the problem already. I do not believe half life is the only determining factor in duration of action for drugs (particularly those with long half lives). However, in such glaringly obvious instances like this, the long half means most people (maybe every person) will have at least .1 mg of bupe still active in their system 3 days after a 4 mg dose.

Unless you metabolize like a marathon runner then its hard to be too excited at the moment.

I dont want to speak to soon, but i think i may possibly have done it, in the most unconventional and ill advised way, but i havent had any bupe for 3 days. I took 4mg three days ago simply because it was there and once the thought "take it" got into my head, the urge was irresistible. However, before that 4mg splurge i had been on 0.1 mg for a few weeks. Maybe the fading remnants of that 4mg was all that i needed to get off it, and Id done all the hard work by getting down to 0.1, and there was nothing left to do.

I was still high the day before yesterday I had so much energy and motivation, Id forgotten what that was like. got nearly all the muddles in my living room sorted out. They were too much to tackle before. Opened a load of letters id been ignoring, one is a 2 week old final reminder from EON. I adapted my CV and wrote a tailored letter for a job in a store in town, and cycled in to hand it to them, havent even heard back from that FFS. Started completing an online application form.

Its now allmost 3 days since i took that last dose of bupe, im feeling fine, no w/ds, infact i have more energy than i did when i was taking 0.1 mg for a few weeks. Maybe the bupe was robbing my energy somehow. I'll give it another day or 2, but i think ive cracked it, through sheer luck.

Last time I used 4 mg's of generic Subutex it held me about 72 hours and I absolutely have a fast metabolism...
I normally need about 1.5 every 48 hours or so.
Either way let us know how its working out for ya'...I'm rooting w/ you.

I don't know. Withdrawals are also very mental so you might as well believe it so it will make you feel better like you're over the wd's. I was tapering for a month or so and got down to 1mg and said fuck it and just took my last 2 8mg strips over the course of 3 days since I just wanted to be off the subs, and because I figured I would let it built up a bit and then slowly wear off. Idk, but I figure that if I can take a higher dose for a few days and then not have to think about any withdrawals for a few days then that's better than taking tiny doses twice a day and then worrying every time I drop the dose more or about feeling sick 12-18 hours after I stop. I would rather the mental break that the higher dose gives at the end, and I guess I'll report back about how it works out for me.

I basically did 4mg for a month, 2 mg for a few weeks, 1mg a few days, then like 5mg the last 3 days.

When you say each day after that I will feel the methadone more and more do you mean that if I do a single dose 36 hours after my last suboxone that I will begin to feel that same single done more and more as the days go since methadone had a long half-life and since the suboxone will be wearing off? And do you think that a person with an 8 mg daily use of suboxone will get good effects from a 70 mg dose of methadone 48 hgours after last dose of suboxone?

No, I meant that with each day that you take methadone after stopping the subs that you will feel it more and more. As for the dose to take, I would take about half that [so 30-40mg] 48 hours after your last dose of suboxone.

day 4, still feeling OK, i do believe ive done it. Even if im a very slow metabloiser and the w/ds appear over the next couple of days, i expect they'll be very mild. I think the 4 mg binge somehow allowed me to get over the worst of the wds, by keeping me well, more than well on day 2, was high as fuck. Apparently there's some info on opiphile about this method of tapering. I didnt believe it would work, but Im not gonna be taking any more even if the w/ds do make an unwelcome return.

^I've read about a couple people ho say they did a similar thing, but using a short acting full agonist. Basically they took their last dose, waited for the blockade to not be there (at least not much, like at the time for their next sub dose) and than got high just once, then stopped. Seems a risky move, though, I think I might cave trying that.

I think the big thing is you got down to .1 mg. A single 4 mg dose isn't going to jack up your tolerance much at all and make the w/d noticeable worse. Maybe the 1 last big dose helps in a mental way, but the thing that really makes the difference is tapering that low. You hear about people tapering to 2 mg or even 1 mg and being amazed how difficult it is, they don't get the strength of what they are taking and that they should have dropped lower.

I keep getting such weird dreams lately. Does anyone else else have strange dreams on sub? Btw I'm staying away from TDS from now on. Will be on here or EADD. I really need support right now. M

^Definitely more vivid than when I am getting high on dope or oxy. I typically don't dream much when getting high. But I do have things that are like dreams, just real short, when I am nodding out a bit or trying to sleep when still pretty high. They never last long though.

I seemed to have pretty intense dreams both last night and today when I took a nap. One I kinda remember and the other I can't, but both times I awoke sweating like crazy.

I had a weird dream once that I was flying into a field, about to die then ended up in the 80s, so scared caused I used my mobiled phone n it fused everywhere. I also dreamt that I fancied someone called Ellie n her family were out to kill me. I had severel Dreams of Ellue n we've just got back in touch. Elle is someone I met online in 2001.
What do you think?

last 2 days I've been taking 8MG and that's coming from 12MG's that I as on last week. I've been feeling just fine and thinking that maybe I'll stick w/ the 8MG's and take any extra when I feel is needed. One pill a day/morning would be perfect. Eventually NO PILLS A DAY would be nice but I'll keep this for now; esp. since I have to take 3 other pills for my "problems" anyway. I just wish I didnt have to keep this one under my tongue.

Hey Boston, you'll get there. Just take it one day ar a time. I'm thinking of you n know you can do it ok xxx

much appreciated. I am in NO RUSH to get on Subox but would like to get the dosage down. I just want to star as far away as possible from that original drug that almost ruined my life. I think back and these past 4 months have been so great since being sober. I have money being saved, no worries, no sickness, no running around, no nothing. It's just great.

Day 5 now, I'm certain the task is complete.

I am feeling slight withdrawals by now, but i think they are at least a large part psychological and from my experience with previous reductions they should fade away completely over the next few days. I was expecting to feel proud of myself, but i dont, maybe its because the whole thing took so much longer than planned. The best part of a year infact, since i became aware that i had an opi problem and that i wanted offf them.

Now i have to try to get back to 'the real world' and pick up the pieces of my life, get a job like you're supposed to do, and all the rest.

dude, you should feel proud of yourself. I know there are MANY people out there that dont understand addiction and when you mention 5 days sobriety they think its nothing; but listen to US HERE on THIS BOARD; we've been through HELL AND BACK and 5 DAYS IS AWESOME! you need to keep steady and on that track, man.

I was like you.. I had nothing.. just got out of the hospital for an OD, had to take a medical leave at work (which eventually led to me losing the job), had to live w/ the parents since I wanted away from the girl/place/past friends/people to keep me clean, etc. All this while NOT USING was EASIER THAN I EXPECTED! now here I am 4 months later w/ over 5k+ in the bank, looking and feeling better than I have in years, and living what most call a "normal" life. Sure, I still smoke weed almost every night but it helps me kill any urge/feeling to use. I also use 8-12MG subox a day. Lately I've dropped my 12MG dosage to 8MG and it's been fine. but as I said previously, I am in NO RUSH to get off since it basically SAVED MY LIFE!

I wish you nothing but the best, MYDRUGBUDDY (love that name, btw). keep strong kid and you'll be able to do it. hell, I know we all think/say this, but if I CAN DO IT... then.. YOU CAN DO IT! I was a junked out piece of shit. now I feel and look different; although, I am still picking up alot of pieces to the puzzle but doing my best for sure.

^I've read about a couple people ho say they did a similar thing, but using a short acting full agonist. Basically they took their last dose, waited for the blockade to not be there (at least not much, like at the time for their next sub dose) and than got high just once, then stopped. Seems a risky move, though, I think I might cave trying that.

Last week I asked my doctor if he ever prescribed Tramadol for people who have tapered to sub-milligram doses and have a rough time jumping off, he said yes he's used tramadol, but since I'm also on adderall it would be best to use Vicodin due to seratonin syndrome. I was surprised to hear that, but it does make sense....kind of.

Anyone have experience with using either while coming off low doses of sub?

yes, I've done it always. there are no worries there; just give it 24 hours. sometimes, if youre used to it, all you need it 12 but you wont get the full opiate blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.