• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
im 10 days off now and actually getting back to normal

slept 7 hours str8 last night which is a fucking miracle compared to the last 8-9 nights

for awhile i was scared the restless legs and insomnia might last a month

i am never withdrawaling again, taking days off and just smoking weed is way better then going thru that shit

Last edited:
im 10 days off now and actually getting back to normal

slept 7 hours str8 last night which is a fucking miracle compared to the last 8-9 nights

for awhile i was scared the restless legs and insomnia might last a month

i am never withdrawaling again, taking days off and just smoking weed is way better then going thru that shit

10 days Off bupes? Full Agonists?

Hi guys, I have been on bupe for about a year and a half. and it has never been able to get me high. I started off at 16 mg and could still be on that high of a dose but i chose to go down to 6 mg, which is weird because my doctor gives me 3/4 and 8 mg pill a day, because the 2 mg ones are like just as expensive. But when i first took it took away my cravings perfectly, though their was no euphoria. After months of being on bupe, I started trying to find ways to abuse that, mostly by IV. I mean its the only way I can get it to somewhat take away my opiate cravings. Could this diminishing effect it has on my cravings be because I still was abusing other opiates (and still am.) I have read about the antihistamine/buprenorphine trick and that has given the bupe a slight euphoria through IV, but not all the time? I chose to just take the antihistamine (although I have IVed) because i have found it to have almost the same effects. Bupe just isn't cutting it for me, especially because I would like to stop IV use, and the only way Bupe is sufficient for me currently I have found is through IV. (sublingually does absolutely nothing anymore) I would love to switch to MMT but unfortunately the closest clinic is about 3 hours away. I am not sure where to go from here..

Hi guys, I have been on bupe for about a year and a half. and it has never been able to get me high. I started off at 16 mg and could still be on that high of a dose but i chose to go down to 6 mg, which is weird because my doctor gives me 3/4 and 8 mg pill a day, because the 2 mg ones are like just as expensive. But when i first took it took away my cravings perfectly, though their was no euphoria. After months of being on bupe, I started trying to find ways to abuse that, mostly by IV. I mean its the only way I can get it to somewhat take away my opiate cravings. Could this diminishing effect it has on my cravings be because I still was abusing other opiates (and still am.) I have read about the antihistamine/buprenorphine trick and that has given the bupe a slight euphoria through IV, but not all the time? I chose to just take the antihistamine (although I have IVed) because i have found it to have almost the same effects. Bupe just isn't cutting it for me, especially because I would like to stop IV use, and the only way Bupe is sufficient for me currently I have found is through IV. (sublingually does absolutely nothing anymore) I would love to switch to MMT but unfortunately the closest clinic is about 3 hours away. I am not sure where to go from here..

Taper down, that is what you should do. If your overall goal is quitting then eventually limit frequency gradually while you lower the dosage as well. Try to get to a place where you feel confident in merely jumping off.

yeah sub gives me sort of a migraine like sensitivity to light, along with headache, and cant eat much till it goes away

DITTO with me. I would walk and every time I took a step, my head would pound like hell. Four Ibuprofen, laying down in a cold, dark room was the only thing that would relieve the pain. However, since I've lowered my intake, the headaches don't come as frequently as they used to. They would hit me everyday at 5:30. I could set my watch by those damned headaches.

I don't get why one would snort/IV suboxone. Maybe I'm just ignorant to it, but doesn't it not get you high?

You get more out of it by snorting or IV-ing it.

At least that's what someone on here once said. I believe it because I have been able to rapidly decrease the amount I had been taking once I started snorting them.

Besides, a little snort is by far better than waiting on that nasty orange shit to dissolve under your tongue. Additionally, you peak quicker when snorting/IV-ing. Where it normally takes two hours to peak taking Subs sublingually, it only takes about a half an hour to peak when snorting/IV-ing. At least this is the case in my experience. =D

Best way to taper from .5mg & git this orange ornangutan off my friggin back

I'm bupe free!

Took 14 months and did the following taper

4, 8, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0.8, 0.4, 0.2, 0.2 intermittent and finally jumped off.

Been a week now and still get the shits mildly, I don't seem to need as much sleep but generally feel fine, probably slightly flatter mood wise but I get a good buzz from exercise and normal things instead now.

Feels good to get off, when I got down to 0.2 I started training 6-7 days a week doing running, weights and dieting, lost 10kg in the last 3 months and gained loads of muscle, haven't felt this good in almost 3 years.

A lot of people might say I could have done it much quicker but personally the long time frame was needed to mentally get over the idea of getting high, right now I have ZERO craving for opiates, in fact I tried them about a month ago for shits and giggles and hated the experience, made me feel sick and depressed the following day, good riddance as I now have zero desire for them at all.

Wish everyone the best with their bupe adventure, was a miracle drug for me.

I've recently cut down from .5mg 2xday to .5 1xday in the AM. It's day 7 and today I lost all my energy at around 12pm and began to feel nausuious....I'm wondering if this will soon pass, and also how to reduce my dose down to .2 mg.... Right now .5mg (1/4th) of a tiny 2mg pill is kind of a hard feat to accomplish in its own riight and I'm wondering how .2 can be done with any regularity....it must be just a crumb. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Additionally, if anyone has any ideas on how to taper from here, and things to do to minimize withdrawals...please let me know, as the tingling in my head is bad, the leg sweats really suck and not sleeping is worse, BTW anyone know how to get some sleep?
And does any one have any REAL info regarding products such as withdrawaleze etc. or other herbals which may help minimize the misery....tired feeling caged in by subox...and feeling just tired....many thanx!

I've recently cut down from .5mg 2xday to .5 1xday in the AM. It's day 7 and today I lost all my energy at around 12pm and began to feel nausuious....I'm wondering if this will soon pass, and also how to reduce my dose down to .2 mg.... Right now .5mg (1/4th) of a tiny 2mg pill is kind of a hard feat to accomplish in its own riight and I'm wondering how .2 can be done with any regularity....it must be just a crumb. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Additionally, if anyone has any ideas on how to taper from here, and things to do to minimize withdrawals...please let me know, as the tingling in my head is bad, the leg sweats really suck and not sleeping is worse, BTW anyone know how to get some sleep?
And does any one have any REAL info regarding products such as withdrawaleze etc. or other herbals which may help minimize the misery....tired feeling caged in by subox...and feeling just tired....many thanx!

might wanna just kick it now

after you start to feel like shit dropping the dose it might be time cuz the withdrawals might not be too much worse

i mean the worst part is insomnia and restless legs imo and it sounds like your already feeling that

Got a question for you experts out there. I just tried IVing sub strips 2 days ago for the first time, and did like .2mg to make sure I wasn't going to get sick. I then tried about .5mg and didn't really feel anything either time. I decided to wait a couple days and just now did about 2mg and still didn't really feel anything. I am prescribed 1 strip per day but on average I probably only really take a quarter of one a day and sometimes skip days. I don't WD that bad so I sell what I can and save some for rainy days.

My question is, is it supposed to get you high or is IVing suboxone just a means of not having to take so much to get the effective withdrawal combatant feeling? I was kind of excited when I learned you could IV suboxone because I love IVing stuff but it hasn't done much for me thus far. Should I try a higher dosage or am I not going to feel much since suboxone has never really gotten me high and I'm prescribed to it so likely my tolerance is huge anyway?

Any suggestions? I've read that lower doses is where it's at so I'm skeptical to try a higher dose.

Hey I have an appt to go in to see if I would be able to receive Suboxone. I was wondering if you have to be showing withdrawl symptoms when you go in? Or is it possible for them to prescribe you suboxone for relapse prevention and not so much for the withdrawls?

From my experience the doc wants you to be in withdrawals when you go in for your appointment. No doctor I've ever done to has actually tested me to make sure I had dope in my system though, so you could probably get away with faking WD symptoms. I'm sure there are doctors out there that do test, so it's probably best to get high the day before at least. I don't know of any doctor that will prescribe it for relapse prevention, but that's just my experience.

Hi everyone was wondering what the best way to avoid withdrawal all together or get minimal withdrawal would be.

I've been taking Suboxone everyday, different doses for the past 2 weeks about I'd say, maybe 12 days or so. 24mg total and on some days i did bags of D after I did suboxone, or some roxis, an opana, and stuff like that. So I'm expecting to get withdrawal when I stop the suboxone. I have two 8mg suboxones left, how should I go taking these to taper down and get no or very minimal withdrawal? Tommorow is going to be my last day taking it for any recreational purpose, at the most of 4mg. If I need to I can buy more, but I'd prefer not to.

Thanks all

Hey I have an appt to go in to see if I would be able to receive Suboxone. I was wondering if you have to be showing withdrawl symptoms when you go in? Or is it possible for them to prescribe you suboxone for relapse prevention and not so much for the withdrawls?

All well with subutex treatment here. Exactly a month today. 1 regrettable relapse to heroin during this period. Now going for 1st try at rectal administration of 2.8mg buprenorphine... will post again soon with the ins and outs of my attempt at going in the back door.

All well with subutex treatment here. Exactly a month today. 1 regrettable relapse to heroin during this period. Now going for 1st try at rectal administration of 2.8mg buprenorphine... will post again soon with the ins and outs of my attempt at going in the back door.

i've read that the rectal dose, if over 1.5mg doesnt give euphoria? i could be wrong though but ir emember reading that

@Kanyeknievel: I think that's nonsense. That all depends on tolerance, and how much is absorbed, etc... It would vary from individual to individual, based on their daily dose and desired effects, method of administration, and so on.

Anyways, a little report from my hind-side...
Okaaayyyy.... First of all, my asshole is apparently a bit too tight for foreign objects equal to or larger in size than 10 ml plungers. But with a bit of patience and a little upheaval of my discomfort-threshold, I managed to get the solution up there. The solution was 2.8mg buprenorphine (1x2mg subutex + 2x0.4mg temgesic) in 5 ml luke-warm water. I lay on my back, legs in the air and bent at about a right angle, knees tucked up towards my diaphragm and chest, and struggled a little to get the plunger in, but once a little over half-way, I slowly pushed down the plunger until all of the solution was induced. Awkward as hell... anyways, I left the plunger there for a minute or two, before extracting it and turning on my side, after which I lay on the same side for about 15 mins.

Administration time = T0
T0 + 15 mins: Sat up, waited for a few, wiped to check for leakage, no leakage, so went over to smoke a cigarette.
T0 + 30 mins: Slight effects are felt, however, they are so faint that it may just be placebo. Also, I have already dosed 8mg sublingually about 5 hours ago, so I guess that might also disguise some of the onset effects of the rectally administered buprenorphine.
T0 + 1 hr: Still just slight effects, but feels like the same effects I would get from the same dose administered sublingually.

If I have the opportunity to post within the next couple of hours, I'll let you know how the effects are felt. Otherwise I plan to administer 4mg tonight in the same manner, and then try out 8mg tomorrow morning. I think that the larger morning dose is what will truly be felt, administered in this awkward yet intriguing manner. I just hope I don't get hooked on this ROA and end up with month-long constipations, as it seems can be the case with some users on the board who have had extensive experience with this ROA.

All the best to everyone and their DOC and their ARC (Administration route of choice...lol).

Trust me on this... unless you have a bad opiate addiction, you don't want to get on Suboxone maintenance. If you're opiate naive you will have a short honeymoon period but then [IMO] you will get nothing from it but possibly minimizing your cravings. Then you most likely will eventually want off and that can be your worst nightmare. If you ask most long-term subs clients... they will tell you they wish they never got on it. Look around the subs mega threads and you will see many many people trying to get off this shit...

Try the liquid method for reducing below 1/2mg. A pill cutter works fine getting 2mg down to 1/2. For the liquid... take a 2mg tablet/film and syringe and draw up 10ml bottled water and let the pill desolve in water... then use 1ml a day for each .2mg. Keep in fridge until ready to use. You can also use 5ml for .4mg/1ml doses and so forth. Just shoot it under your tongue and let it sit for as long as possible. When I did it... I kept the solution in a small covered medicine cap like you get with Nyquil. Ask a pharmacist for a liquid medicine cup and most will give you one or two for free.

Tapering from 1/2mg to a 1/4 or less is something you really can't set a time frame with since it's extremely diffcult for some and others do ok with it. The real problem for most who've been on ORT for at least a couple of yrs is going to ZERO subs. With that you need a detailed strategy including a lot of support from non using family/friends and guidance from addiction professional. When you make the final drop you may need to some comfort meds to get your thru the first few weks.

After you drop... Here's a quick list of comfort meds to choose from:

CAUTIOUSLY & TEMPORARILY- Klonapin/Valium - sleep/anxiety
Clonadine- RLS- sleep
Loperimide- Immodium AD
CAUTIOUSLY & TEMPORARILY- Tramadol/Ultram
Soma- Sleep
Neurontin or Gabapentin- RLS
Requip- RLS
Phenegren
Aleve
CAUTIOUSLY & TEMPORARILY-Kratom
Kava Kava
Chicken Soup
Warm Clothes
Hot-tub/Hot baths
Ensure/Gatorade/water
exercise

ANTI-ANXIETY

* Mulungu. Erythrina

* Kava Kava root.

* Phenibut & Theanine & alcohol

* Valerian root.

* Passion flower.

* Hydroxyzine simply for the slight sedation it induces.

* Sominex-diphenhydramine

SLEEPING MEDS:
Seroquel
CAUTIOUSLY & TEMPORARILY-Ambien
Risperdal
Trazadone
Sominex
Warm Milk

Last edited:
Trust me on this... unless you have a bad opiate addiction, you don't want to get on Suboxone maintenance. If you're opiate naive you will have a short honeymoon period but then you will get nothing from it but possibly minimizing your cravings. Then you will eventually want off and that can be your worst nightmare. If you ask most long-term subs clients... they will tell you they wish they never got on it. Look around the subs mega threads and you will see many many people trying to get off this shit...

Seconded. I wish I was opiate naive now. I'm currently doing a really slow step system down. @ .66mg

On the flipside, the extent to which buprenorphine helps with opioid dependency, both physical and psychological, is great. It is a GREAT choice to remove yourself from the "heroin spin".

and for your convenience, in a few steps you can too be a search engine jedi

partone.png

at the top of page, when in a thread, there's the option to search within a thread. click the drop down menu hit the advanced search.

parttwo.png

option a - search for keywords
option b - search for a specific poster

you can even mix and match; search for a specific phrase by a member to help you find a post you remember reading.

edit - btw i was having trouble spelling consequential :(

HAHA nice one too bad bluelight doesnt have a like button.

Status
Not open for further replies.