• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
was on about a 14yr run besides some jail time, which gave me 2 years clean, but since 07 I was on a serious run and finally RAN INTO A WALL IN 2010 which that OD called by my parents; even tho far from OD in my eyes - which are bad eyes, obviously, lol. but yea, finally broke "away" to a degree and just happy about it. I feel just as energetic and everything else than I ever have before; I forgot what it was like to be "normal" and not worry about the dope man all day, everyday. and be sitting in parking lots waiting for people, walking to the "right" place or house or whatever at weird times of the night. everything just seems easier, even w/ the slip up's. I dont care, still nothing near what I once was and happy as fuck about that.

well see whats hard is when u get off subs you will never get that ENERGY for a long time i feel... because dope and sub gave u some type of energy and thats what we get from the sub soi when u stop its gonna be hard... idk if i ever will just because it helps me with m daily backpain

been on bupe forever and a day. started way back in 10/11 after a OD which my parents were involved in and rushed me to the hospital that night. I say involved because if I were to be in my own apartment that night I would have just nodded off and woke up the next morning; I was already awake by the we got to the ER and on my own feel, so it was an OD which I already awoke from. anyway, the Dr. heard me yell to my mom that, "Ma, sometimes you make me wish I was dead." and as many of us may know, whatever a Dr. hears, he must take that was THE TRUTH, so they assume I am suicidal. that ends up putting me in a mental ward for 5 days over at MGH Boston - one of the biggest/best hospitals in THE WORLD! seriously, as I am sure you know.

I was so anxious at first, they put me in a padded room for about 2 hours after going through ER and whatnot, and before getting a bed in the psych ward, they gave me 2MG Xanax somehow, which actually calmed me down but I was surprised they would give me Xanny considering I am coming off a heroin OD. but I took it, it relaxed me, and they let my mother in the room to chill w/ me till I was called to the ward. after about 2 hours I got to check-in the psycy ward, around midnight, and many were sleeping and I was rooming w/ this older Chinese dude who didnt speak much English and didnt walk to well.

the next morning I met w/ the Dr. and he brought up Suboxone; yes, I heard of it at this point but never tried but I never wanted to stop shooting dope but already starting to feel a bit "sick", Suboxone seemed like the right thing to do, so I said "GIMME, GIMME, GIMME". they started me off w/ 24MG's and I felt great that day; fucking great I tell yah! first time not shooting dope in my arm in god knows how long; probably a year or so. following day, same thing, felt great, spoke to everyone in the psych ward, was psychotic myself is what a nurse told me, even said I might belong more than most (she was kinda joking/kinda serious, ha). finally day 5 hit and it was time for release; my parents came by late, we spoke to all Dr's/nurses, and we decided I would be let go in the AM and would need to enter the Suboxone clinic at MGH, which was a tight ass clinic at first which were meeting 3x's a week, nightly NA meetings, piss tests, etc. they also dropped my MG's to 16MG rather than 24MG's, which didnt make much of a difference aside from mentally at first but I was fine within a week.

within 6 months, staying SOBER, I was down to 4MG before making a slip, leaving the program, back to the needle, and back to destroying my life. I just wasnt ready to stop but I had a fun time in that 6 months of TRYING to stay sober and learning the program, about Suboxone, being in a Psych Ward and meeting wackos (2 people I met after I left even, lol). but again, it was me who wasnt ready.

few years passed and same thing, this time private Suboxone Dr. and I did it just to TRY and get sober, but wasnt ready. started off at 16MG and dropped to about 8MG before failing my MONTHLY PISS TESTS - I couldnt stop using 3 days in order to pass a test, so I gave up and just went back to dope, full time, etc. ended up w/ a DUI during this time - alcohol, somehow, because one night I wanted to TRY and stay away from dope but drank to much and almost killed myself and others.

2 years go by again, ANOTHER DUI - same situation - lost license for 2 years. so within those 2 years I stayed home everyday, all day, and I just had the dope man come to my house and I shot all day, everyday, like it was my job, which I did work, everyday 8-5 but I was whacked the fuck out and would nod out at my desk but my boss knew and let it all go knowing I was struggling w/ life.

w/ 2 DUI's you have to do a 2 week IN-HOUSE program - I tried the first time, and tried to go in and just detox - it didnt work. so I passed and tried again 3 months later after hooking up w/ a new Suboxone Dr. and he sent me to this program on 16MG bupe and 100MG seroquel for sleep. I came out sober, 2 weeks sober, and felt great again. day one out, I shop half G - woke up 12hrs later. well, I woke up, I still had half G, so I shot again, and woke up 8 hours later. after those 8 hours, something happened where I decided to stop using a bit and almost went 6 month w/o touching. finally, I stopped. I lowered my dosage for many reasons, one being I felt it was helping me more functionally, and also was making my dick work, making me think of things other than drugs, and I was actually happy. I wasnt a robot just on a drug and doing its thing all day everyday. I felt like a person again. I dropped to 4MG and have been there since. there are days where I get by w/ 2MG's and it works - do I slip? here and there, but I am a new person based on what I once was/used to be, thanks to Suboxone/bupe.

I didnt mention in this story that at one point I did methadone for 6 months but I shot dope everyday over those 6 months; so cant say much. I just felt the methadone was a hold me over drug till I got the dope when I got home.

but it may have taken 6 years w/ the bupe but it finally broke through for me; I finally found my time, my dose, my life, my everything that is working currently. of course, its not just the bupe and I changed many other things, even got my license/car back, which is a huge+, but Suboxone/bupe has helped me tremendously compared to other drugs that stop those from using dope; it just helped my life in general; esp. at a lower dose. I am sometimes at my Suboxone "piss test" and ill ask people what their dose is and they will say 16MG; I will be talking to someone who shot a half G dope a day and they are on a dose that high; its just NOT RIGHT but they dont understand it quite yet and ill explain I used to shoot 3G's a day and only at 4MG but they think otherwise; the bigger the better, which I feel is NOT TRUE w/ Suboxone; once you become adjusted to your lower dosage you feel more "human" lets say. I smile, I feel better about life, work, play, EVERYTHING! have I slipped? YES! but I dont let it get to me. I continue to do what I do and do it right but I am honest w/ myself; I stay sober, I stay away from the past, I stay away from most things that "FUCKED ME" in the past.

you gotta find your dosage and be ready; its so much better than methadone based on my experience/life. it took time and adjusting but I brought other "friends" to it since finding it and they got sober on their first try based on advice given and trying not to over do it for long; like staying on 16-24MG's for years and years.

I was reading trough all bupe threads and decided to tell my bupe story/dope story and it finally came CLOSE TO A DAMN END! I've slipped, as I said, but compared to how I was once living I am a God damn Priest nowadays, lol. things have change, only for the better, and I am happy as fuck about it. to go out, not worry about ONE THING AND ONLY ONE THING, to have money, friends, girls, etc. thank God dope is in the past; thank fucking God and I pray it continues to stay away from me because, as mentioned, I have had that slip where its there, right infront, and I dont let it go. but I regret it the minute its gone, or in my hands.

so all, realize IT CAN BE DONE, regardless of how big of a "JUNKIE" you are. also realize, just cuz you slip, it does not mean you want to go back, or its time to go back. it was just a mistake, that WILL/MAY HAPPEN, but can be let go quickly and back to "normal" in less than a day. with not a worry in the world as long as you keep that head straight and narrow.

bupe helped me in 1000000's of ways and I am thankful.

do I plan to get off? sure, at one point, but right now between 2-4MG's/day is low enough where I am not worried but realize one day I WILL NEED TO TRY AND LOSE IT but things have changed for the better right now and I feel its better to continue down this road w/o making any changes as of yet; afterall, I had my slip or two, so I dont want to get too cocky about "sobriety".

Merged with the megathread

I'm not sure where to post this, I found one thread that seemed perfect but it was closed...Anyway, I have been on Suboxone for a little over a year now and I really do not like it anymore. It has stripped me of my motivation and left me with an undesirable "Medicated" feeling for far too long. Also I have chronic upper back and neck pain that has become intolerable on the bupe. To get the point I have completely stopped the Suboxone for almost 2 Weeks now and am now taking Percocet to attempt to alleviate some of this pain but I cannot feel any of the effects of the Percocet or any other opiate for that matter and I am not getting the pain relief I so desperately need. I am very worried about this and stressed out extremely. I am mainly worried that the suboxone has rendered all opiates useless for me and will never be able to relieve my pain. I honestly do not know what to do and I am in so much pain. Has anyone else had this problem? Do I have any hope? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I am lost.

^how many mgs of buprenorphine did you take and what was your percocet dosage ?
Maybe the bupe increased your tolerance and you didn't take enough percs ?

8mg Twice a day on the Suboxone and have been taking only around 30 - 40 mg of the Percocet at a time because I do not want to over do the acetaminophen. In the past I was not very careful with the amount of acetaminophen that I would take and honestly not sure how my liver has survived so want to be kind to it nowadays

^Well, bupe is around 30-40 times as potent as morphine, while oxycodone is only around twice as potent
So 16mg a day of bupe = 30*16= 480mg of morphine
30-40mg oxycodone = 80 mg of morphine

So it's more than likely that the bupe increased your tolerance by a lot and you'd need to take more oxycodone (look into Cold Water Extraction to get rid of the apap)

But don't forget, those numbers are only reference points, don't take them as dosage advice. In those 2 weeks your tolerance should've dropped a little, and oxycodone and buprenorphine are not completely cross tolerant, so titrate yourself up slowly

Thank you very much for your answer and just to clarify so you think I am taking far too little of a dose based on my tolerance? Which honestly is not surprising, I have always had a high tolerance and fast metabolism when it comes to opiates. Also I have never done a Cold Water Extraction before, Do you think its something someone with no experience can do the first time and not waste the medication? I cannot afford to waste it. Thanks again for the quick response

^Yes, imo your tolerance is really high and you took too little.

I personally have never done a CWE, but from what I've read it's really simple and doesn't take that long, but you should read up on it, particulary what filter you should use (I think wet paper towel is the best), how many ml per pill (I think 1-2 ml), temperature of the water etc.
And worst case scenario is you fuck up one CWE with say 4 pills, you can always drink all the water and consume the apap of those 4 pills (this should still be in the therapeutic range) and do another one

And don't take like 200mg right away, even though the numbers I posted seem to indicate that you could tolerate this much you had a consume break and both drugs are not completely cross tolerant and they are just this, numbers, so I'd say start with like 60-100mg and work your way up with 10mg more every half an hour or so

Good luck!

So, I have no idea where else to post this but here it goes. Mods, feel free to move it if this isn't the right place. A couple days ago my cat got declawed and the vet sent her home with a vial of buphrenorphine. After her pain was gone there was still about 1-2 ml left in the bottle. I decided to shoot it up. (THIS VIAL WAS FOR ORAL USE ONLY. IT WAS PROBABLY NOT SAFE FOR ME TO SHOOT IT SO PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS!) I filled two clean, new U-100 syringes with the liquid (about 70 units each) tied off, registered, and did a shot. Repeated the process on my other arm. (I have no opiate tolerance to speak of although I have done many opiates before) I was in full nod for several hours. According to the bottle, there was 0.3mg/ml so I used APPROXIMATELY 1.4ml of liquid which comes out to APPROXIMATELY 0.42mg of Bupe. It was an interesting experience and I thought I'd share it with you guys.

Like I said, this was NOT a good harm reduction move as the solution was NOT intended for IV use.

This may sound a bit out-there, but I think I found a way to increase the sublingual bioavailability of suboxone films (and likely also other forms of sublingual bupe). The technique involves cayenne pepper to dialate the capillaries before administering the bupe. If you can handle a little bit of heat, just put a bit of cayenne under the tongue for a couple minutes before administering the bupe. I have noticed a maybe 20% increase in bioavailability with this method, but I would like to consider feedback from others before claiming such a number because I do not discount the placebo effect. According to this , sublingual bupe only has a 30% bioavailability under normal conditions, so there is certainly room for improvement.

^^ lol

why do you want to increase? to save it? or to get more high? what would be the reasoning? just wondering.

I am only at 2MG-4MG/day nowadays and have no plan on ever going above; its the best I've felt in years.

Thought I would post an update on my situation. The Oxy proved to be pretty worthless at controlling my pain and after reaching doses around 160 mg and still being pain I quickly moved on. The latest that I have tried is Opana, Which in the past worked very well for my pain. I have still not been able to feel any effects from the opana but did experience a small relief in my pain but nothing to be overwhelmed with happiness. I am really not sure where to go from here considered the opana is pretty high up there strength wise.

^Opana (Oxymorphone) is around 10 times more potent than morphine, so bupe is around 3-4 times more potent

I am also between 2 and 4 mg/day. Correct, the reasoning is to use less material without feeling rough. I went from 4 to 2.6 (half film to a third of a film) this way.

So,I have a question for you. I took around 20 mg of opana about an hour to an hour and a half ago and I am actually going through W/D. For some reason the Opana does not seem to be working which brings me to my question. Is it safe to take Oxycodone with Opana? I know people take it for breakthrough pain with Opana but not sure what the timeline is on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.