• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ Yeah dude, subs are not recreational. I am not getting high off the sub at all - just sweaty and nauseus, I haven't dosed in a while and it is going away tho thank god. And yeah, I got the klonopin to kick xanax that I've been hooked on for 10 months, but I was doubling the dosage cause the subutex isn't giving me euphoric goodness of heroin. ..... Neither is the sub + klonopin. I have kratom(not gonna take) and am getting .5g of cocaine in a few days(definitely gonna take), so I just am getting used to partial MU and not Full Mu agonists, i guess.

ALSO the klonopin takes my mind off the nauseua and sweats, big time.

if you were a true "junkie" then there is no "feeling" from Suboxone. that feeling is those of the "normal".

^^ You might think it's normal but it fucks with you. Bupe feels weird I think its the Kappa activation like salvia does

Heroin after suboxone ? Does hitting yourself with narcan make time go by quicker?

Okay so I have been on suboxone now for about 5 days... I have been trying to not take that much, probably only 8 mg a day.. I haven't taken a dose since yesterday at around noon, it is now 330 today... When would I be able to do heroin ? How much should I do? Will the suboxone effect my tolerance in anyway? I'm not used to dealing with suboxone ... Lastly, if I were to hit myself with narcan, would it reverse the effects of the suboxone ? Would it put me into instant withdrawal if I were to hit myself with narcan ? Thanks everybody... And plz no "don't do it " answers, bc my minds made up.

Narcan is naloxone, the inactive substance in suboxone. Bupe has a higher affinity for opiate receptors, so Narcan/naloxone won't throw you into withdrawal. It won't do anything, as it can't pull the bupe off your receptors due to lower affinity.

Your dose that you refer to as "only" 8 mg is actually a pretty big dose. And yes I know doctors often prescribe it like that, but truth be told except when first inducting most people don't need that much. I would call it an intermediate dose, at best.

Now as far as using---do you plan on staying on suboxone for maintenance? If so, I'd use after a day off or so, like where you are now, because as long as bupe is still in your system you can dose that the next day without having to reinduct. If you wait too long then the bupe is out of your system and you could get precipitated wd when trying to take bupe again

If you are not trying to be on maintenance then I would wait another day, just to be sure you're getting full effects and not wasting your stuff. Your tolerance can go up from long term use of bupe, but in the short term it may not be affected. But if you used now for instance you'd probably need more to try and override the bupe. Which is why I suggest waiting another day or two

wait longer ...at least 48 if not 72+ hours. after 3ish days bupe is fully binded and takes a good while to wear off. if you're not in full blown shitastic w/d yet it's too early, the bupe is still in your system. no, narcan/naloxone will not counteract the effects of bupe, bupe has a higher binding affinity which is why the naloxone in suboxone is almost pointless and why bupe ODs are so dangerous.

Technically you can do the heroin whenever, and not get pwd, the high might not be as robust, doing the suboxone after the heroin you want to wait. 8mg is a fairly large dose, and it will raise.your tolerance. Why would you want to hit yourself with narcan? Ever been through that experience? It sucks dick!

- Hopeless 7nos

You won't feel much of the H and it would be a waste. Like crzydiamond said 8mg is actually a pretty big dose (equals ~240mg of Morphine). Depending on your former habit it is possible that much less Bupe will still cover you, like 4 or even 2mg.
And yeah, the Narcan idea is just plain stupid, no offense. Just stay on the Bupe. You have only taken it for 5 days and it takes longer than that to stabilize and not feel cravings anymore etc.
So stay on it for about one week more and you probably feel much better with it. Even with lower doses like I said.

How much H did you take before going on Bupe?

Even if the naloxone would be able to knock off the bupe from your receptors (this would throw you into instant withdrawal) naloxone has a short half life so after some time, maybe only minutes maybe 1-2 hours the naloxone would be gone but bupe has a really long half life so it would bind with your receptors again preventing opioids with lower affinity to bind...

Yeah I second that 8 mg is actually a huge dose, I was able to stabilize on only about 3mgs from. 240-300 mg a day oxy habit...I don't think you'll feel that H at all unless you wait another couple days

There are tons of threads like this, in the future use the suboxone/buprenorphine megathread. This topic comes up again and again, and really no one can give you a definitive answer. Not only does this depend on individual metabolism and brain chemistry, but it can also depend on so many other factors as well. One day you might be able to feel dope 100% 12 hours after taking 8mg of suboxone (unlikely but it's happened), other times you can wait 3 days and only get partial effects off the heroin.

The one thing you have working in your favor is that you haven't been on buprenorphine for a long enough time that it's really had the chance to build up in your system. It really takes (with most people) a full week or two for their blood concentration to level out. Another thing you have in your favor is that you haven't taken it on top of that in 24 hours or so. I imagine that if you were to wait a full 48 hours you'd probably be able to feel the heroin completely. In the future if you plan on using buprenorphine as a means to maintain on certain days but plan on switching back and forth between it and heroin, I would just lower your dose down to 2mg, and then you're pretty much golden, I'm also assuming you IV the heroin, if you sniff it or smoke it I would wait longer.

I'm going to merge this with the suboxone megathread.

How soon can I take Oxycodone after 4mg of Suboxone?

I took 2mg of Suboxone yesterday at 1pm and probably another 2 mg around 7pm. This morning I woke up with severe stomach pain and went to the ER and it turns out I have a stomach ulcer. Apparently there are no privacy rights regarding prescriptions in the United States anymore, because the nurses were able to find out I have a script for Suboxone and refused me any pain meds. Luckily I have two 5mg Oxycodone saved from back when I had a prescription. It's so damn painful I can't take it anymore, so I want to take the pain pills- but I heard they won't work until a certain amount of time has past being off Suboxone. It's been almost 24 hours, how much longer do I need to wait to make sure the Oxycodone works when I take it?

At that dose, you should be able to 'feel' full agonist opioids, perfectly fine after 24 hours. But 10mg oxycodone is a very low dose, especially with a tolerance from bupe! It probably won't help severe pain. I would see a doctor for a follow up. Tell him you're still in a great amount of pain. The nurses should not have denied analgesia, based on the fact you take bupe.

- hs

That is why I will never go on Suboxone....I'd be damned to scoring on the streets....where 1 pill costs more than my entire copay on a 90ct. bottle. What a fucking joke.

And honestly dude....10mg of Oxy....hell, I mean even if I could go back to pre-tolerance and take that dose...I'm afraid I would be highly disappointed.

Though the other week I had a 10mg oxy with a 6-pack, and I made it thru the night. But shit, with 10mg, is there really any point in waiting?? At best it's going to reduce your pain some, maybe get you up & moving around for 2 hours, if that.

I think it's really fucked how the medics deny pain relief to ADDICTS of all people!!
That's even worse than denying it to normal people, no?? They don't know what their missing...but shit if someones addicted, and gets hurt...I think it makes since that they'd actually need MORE pain relief...so fucked up, God if I ever get hurt or hospitalized and they deny me relief I will sue their liscenses out the picture frames!!
I will sue the shit outta their asses....I will sue the teeth outta their gums...
And then..when they think i'm done...BAM i'm hiding by you're car with a baseball bat, a can of silly string, and a valve core remover....relieve that you bigoted hypocritical hippocratical oath taking liars!

Good luck, OP...honestly you might get more relief from a 1.5 X dose of your sub, Idk, but that's fucked how they done you like that.

The article addresses the issue you are dealing with and it provides information which can be copied and printed out to give to medical personel
^ Reach in your wallet for a folded up peice of paper, "here's some shit off the internet I printed, Now give me DRUGS!"..
It's good to be knowledgeable, it's another thing to apply it to the real world.

-hs

I'm going to merge this thread into the Suboxone Megathread. This topic has been covered time and time again, and unfortunately, no one can really give you an answer, because it's varies from individual, and IME, it's varied myself, taking even the same dose. Sometimes You'll be able to feel a full agonist 100%, other times you won't.

Luckily 4mg is a relatively low dose. However, I'm guessing you're one Suboxone maintenance? If so, then you have to take into consideration that you have way more than 4mg built up in your system, as the drug has a 36 hour half life. You probably have something like 7mg stacked up. You can try taking the oxycodone after 24 hours, but I honestly don't think you'll get anything out of it. You would probably have to wait at least 72 hours to feel anything at all from such a low dosage of oxycodone, and even then, I have my doubts. The problem is that not only does Buprenorphine have a blocking effect, but it often raises your tolerance if you started off with a mild habit (BTW-what was your drug of choice? Was it oxy? If so, How much were you taking a day?). You'd honestly be better off raising your suboxone dose by 2mg, in terms of analgesia-you are at a dose that's around the ceiling, but I've always felt more 'activity' by raising my dose a mg or two at 4mg/day, usually, for me, it's around 8mg where taking more doesn't create any difference in terms of 'effects'.

Status
Not open for further replies.