• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait until all effects of the sub are gone and you feel somewhat sick with some withdrawal off your sub. 8mg a day for 9 months means you have a shit ton of sub built up in your system...surely you are aware of the 36 hour half life build up. I'd estimate that you would need at least 48 hours to somewhat feel a good dose of a full agonist.

Youll probably need 72 hours cause you got like 20mg of bupe stacked up in your system. Of course it all has to do with how quickly you metabolize, but I have a fast metabolism and when I was on that amount of suboxone, 48 hours would not do the trick. It also depends what full agonist you're using and how you're using it. For instance you have a better chance of getting high shooting heroin or hydromorphone than you do of getting high sniffing oxy or taking codeine.

like homeboy above me was saying, depending on what u use, how u administer, and your tolerence...there is a chance you could use an extra amount that would break through the bupe blockade...that would be a sweet band name "the bupe blockade"...anyhoo, i wouldnt advise against taking much more than your accustom to in order to break the blockade - people have OD'd from doing this.

Thanks guys!! I'm approaching 48 hours now and I think I'll wait until 60 hours b4 I do anything. (If that doesn't work I'll do some more (Oxy) at 72 hours)

When I was snorting the subutex, the powder was going into my lungs every time, without question. It only makes sense.

How hard are you snorting? You really shouldn't be getting any in your lungs. People that snort drugs should break it into a lot of small lines, and only sniff softly on each one. You can also make a solution with it, and filter it before putting some drops in your nose. That was you guarantee it's not getting into your lungs.

Thanks guys!! I'm approaching 48 hours now and I think I'll wait until 60 hours b4 I do anything. (If that doesn't work I'll do some more (Oxy) at 72 hours)
An easier and less painfully way to break through is to just maintain on a dose of two mg a day, because at that dose you can easily break through and if you split your maintenance dose into one mg in the morning and one in the evening it's even easier cause you just wait to use your full agonist when you would normally dose that one mg of sub. Try that out after yuou get through the fourth eight hours, use your full agonist and when you go back on bupe just keep it to a low dosage.

ive tried EVERYTHING under the sun to stop the powder from going into my lungs. Ive snorted subs for years and when i got on the subutex thats when i started having problems. Ive tried snorting it such that i could barely exert enough force to bring the powder into my nose...still went into my lungs. I even tried rolling my tongue up in the back of my throat along with closing my throat and still some would go into my lungs. Every sniff had me breath out a cloud of powder. It depends on the weight of the powder and there is something about this pill that causes it to shoot into the lungs. I was using afrin daily so i could get my nostril open to even snort in the first place. Doing this I believe opened things up too much. The best filter to keep powder going into the lungs is having a stuffy nose. A blockage that allows proper airflow to allow the powder to enter will stop powder from firing past the nasal cavity, down the airway, and into the lungs. BTW since ie stopped snorting the subutex (been 1 week) i have felt ENORMOUSLY better

The magical taste of Suboxone film ;)

I don't get all the hate of the taste?? Really? Out of all the shit I've done- chugged nasty pod tea, slugged kratom, kava, chewed methadone, benzadrex inhaler (shudder..ugh lavender) - suboxone taste is nothing compared to that. It tastes fine to me. Even if I hated the taste, I'd man up and take it, it's a freakin' lifesaver imo.

Suboxone is SUCH a lifesaver! I know than many, many people would (and should) agree!
I am forever thankful for finally having my own prescription!

I know that the taste is NOT very pleasant.
I have ONLY ever had the films/strips.
I've heard multiple people say that the Suboxone pills (orange with N8 on side 1, side 2 has a cross) taste a lot better than the Suboxone films. I do not know, though, as I stated above.

I have heard/seen/experienced that there are pretty much two reasons why people IV:
1. THE TASTE (is yucky).
2. The ever-present needle fixation (I admit to having this).

I wonder if the number of IV Suboxone users would be greatly reduced if the films didn't have that unpleasant taste.
The only couple times I strayed from my sublingual dosing method was for experimental purposes, mainly, but I do admit to not being absolutely keen on the flavor. My needle fixation has become less apparent since I have been put onto Suboxone.

So, IV Suboxone users, what do you think? Would you continue with your current ROA if the Suboxone film(s) had a much more pleasant taste? Or why do you prefer this ROA to the others?

I think the one benefit iv suboxone has is the ability to dose multiple times a day (with low dosing) and get a nice little energy going and some euphoria. Another positive to iv suboxone is that if you want to use a full agonist, you don't have to wait twenty four hours to do it. If your dosing a mg and under total per day with suboxone(which is pretty much equivalent to taking 4mg sublingually) you can get high on your full agonist within twenty four hours, or at least that's what I found. Of course it depends what full agonist your using, but if your shooting your suboxone, than I'm guessing you probably would inject your doc too. I used to shoot my suboxone all the time, but quite frankly in the last year I've lost a lot of good veins due to cocaine, heroin, and shamefully, ambien and bupe+anti histamine combos. Injecting my suboxone just doesn't seem worth it anymore, as I also got pretty sick from using needles this fall, though that could have been avoided had I been more hygenic.

I also have to say that since the strips came out, I really don't mind taking suboxone sublingually. For me the pills were just horrible, so much that I would gag on them. Before the strips sublingual was not an option lol. Now However I've actually grown to Really like sublingual suboxone, and I find that if I stay at a low dosage(.5 mg in the am and pm)I still get euphoria just like when I used to inject the subs. I actually like the slow come one because I go from feeing kind of shitty, to feeling normal, and then I get kind of manic on it. Plus I don't have to worry about hiding my arms anymore, as I'm not shooting other drugs at the moment.

I think the one benefit iv suboxone has is the ability to dose multiple times a day (with low dosing) and get a nice little energy going and some euphoria. Another positive to iv suboxone is that if you want to use a full agonist, you don't have to wait twenty four hours to do it. If your dosing a mg and under total per day with suboxone(which is pretty much equivalent to taking 4mg sublingually) you can get high on your full agonist within twenty four hours, or at least that's what I found. Of course it depends what full agonist your using, but if your shooting your suboxone, than I'm guessing you probably would inject your doc too. I used to shoot my suboxone all the time, but quite frankly in the last year I've lost a lot of good veins due to cocaine, heroin, and shamefully, ambien and bupe+anti histamine combos. Injecting my suboxone just doesn't seem worth it anymore, as I also got pretty sick from using needles this fall, though that could have been avoided had I been more hygenic.

I also have to say that since the strips came out, I really don't mind taking suboxone sublingually. For me the pills were just horrible, so much that I would gag on them. Before the strips sublingual was not an option lol. Now However I've actually grown to Really like sublingual suboxone, and I find that if I stay at a low dosage(.5 mg in the am and pm)I still get euphoria just like when I used to inject the subs. I actually like the slow come one because I go from feeing kind of shitty, to feeling normal, and then I get kind of manic on it. Plus I don't have to worry about hiding my arms anymore, as I'm not shooting other drugs at the moment.

All very good points made, Znegative.

Its about that time for another film under my tongue.

;)

Hello everyone hope you guys are well its been a minute since ive checked in here. Right now im playing with the idea of using hydrocodone and xanax to finally get off bupe. right now my dose is stable at around 1mg sublingually every 24 hours. I got a few questions.
1. At 1 mg will there be buildup of my doses over time I am guessing so since im not sick when I redose?
2.How long will I need to switch to hydrocodone to become dependant on it instead of the bupe?

Your brains not going to recognize the difference between hydrocodone and bupe, the advantage is the shorter half life of hydrocodone, and yeah you have something like2.5mg built up at one mg, I'm at the same dose. I would try to use the hydrocodone as title as possible, just to get through the worst days of the withdrawal which are supposed to be 3-5 or something along those lines. Use the Xanax for the first few days but use it sparingly, don't tie like a whole bar or nothing, take like .5 to helpe you sleep and maybe during the day if you've got work

I'm not a regular opiate user. I use oxycodone about one night a week purely for recreation. Been doing so for months. Started at 10-20mg, tolerance has only gone up to about 20-30mg after 2-3 months.

I'm wondering if subuxone would have similar effects for someone as opiate naive as me? I understand it would have a longer duration. But what about the overall effects? Would I get a similar rush to what I get with (snorting) oxy? And as my main reason for opiate use is a night of recreation once in a while, would I still be able to function socially/ect with the long half-life of bupe? Thanks

I'm not a regular opiate user. I use oxycodone about one night a week purely for recreation. Been doing so for months. Started at 10-20mg, tolerance has only gone up to about 20-30mg after 2-3 months.

I'm wondering if subuxone would have similar effects for someone as opiate naive as me? I understand it would have a longer duration. But what about the overall effects? Would I get a similar rush to what I get with (snorting) oxy? And as my main reason for opiate use is a night of recreation once in a while, would I still be able to function socially/ect with the long half-life of bupe? Thanks

If you're using opiates for recreational purposes, I honestly would just stick to what you've been using.
Buprenorphine is not as recreational as your drug of choice, even with your low tolerance.

Honestly, Suboxone isn't worth using unless you are trying to quit using.
You'll be disappointed if you try to use it otherwise.
Buprenorphine isn't something to fuck around with.
It is a lot stronger/ different from other drugs in its class, but that doesn't mean its recreational.

I've been on about .5 - 1mg per day of suboxone for the past 2 months...in that span, for the first 3-5 weeks, I would sometimes take off 2-3 days, to see if I would start to feel withdrawal symptoms, and I never did...but for the past month or so, it's been every day...I might have skipped a day or two in there somewhere, but I don't think so. My question is, since I am almost certainly going to experience some degree of physical withdrawal, how bad will it be? And how long will it last? Has anyone been in a situation similar to mine? I'm hoping that since I've been at a relatively low dose, the WD's will not be too intense...

You probably would get really high off of suboxone, and if your going to do it start off with one mg. but like xtcake said, it's really not worth it. You might get high but you'll end up raising your tolerance a bunch and possibly not be able to feel full agonists for 24 hours. Often people with little to no tolerance get way too high on suboxone and end up puking there guts out.

Hey everyone. Been lurking for a while, never got around to posting before. Since I just made an account I figured I would ask some questions that had been on my mind here. Sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place! I take Suboxone, between 1 and 3 mgs a day, depending on how I feel. Snorting is my ROA.

Here's my situation: I was on probation, with weekly random drops, but I was getting high on heroin around them. For a couple months it was working but I kept pushing the limits, so I went back on Suboxone for the fourth time. I started at the beginning of November, which means I've been back on for about 2 months. I've cut down from 4 mgs a day to an average of 2 in that time. I've been able to stay away from heroin for the most part, with only one slip up early on.

Unfortunately, I was going through deep depression following this last relapse and I managed to mess up my probation by not going to some required meetings 8). My PO got tired of working with me, and on the 17th, I'll be getting my probation revoked and most likely have to go to jail for a little over a month. I could get my meds given to me in jail, but that would mean giving up getting a "inmate job" and consequently the time cut that comes with it (day for day credit or basically half off the sentence, in my county).

So I'm definitely leaning towards quitting the meds while I'm in jail, but I've never actually gone through withdrawals from suboxone. Every time I tried I gave up and used something. Can anyone give me an idea of what it will be like to come off of about 2mgs a day? I think I'm going to try it anyways, but it would be nice to have an idea what it's gonna be like. And again, sorry if this is the wrong place.

^^^ initial withdrawal still start to kick in 2-3 days after last dose.. really kicking it fully around days 5-7... lasting around 10-14 days.. with residential feelings lasting months....

Its not really that intense.. but it just LASTS FOREVER.... I swear sub WD lasts SO LONG... Just ignore the feelings and stay productive... after the first 2-3 weeks worst is over....

After about 6 months off you might feel somewhat normal.... Don't count on feeling normal after 90 days from sub though if you been on it a long time..

Time is your friend really... I'd say if you can stay off Sub for about 15months you'll really start seeing the light

Is it possible to avoid a lot of the withdrawal by tapering down to incredibly small dosages of buprenorphine, like say .05mg a day before jumping? Im going to continue my taper starting on Monday now that I've got insurance that will cover suboxone, so I'm just waiting to get the two mg strips so I can accurately reduce my dose by 25% rather than 50% like I had been doing. I'm now at the point where I take .5 mg two times a day, and cutting that dose accurately from an eight mg strip is incredibly tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.