• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ & Megathread v3; 2010 - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shot about 2 mg of suboxone around 7 pm today, some money didn't come through. A few hours later some other money came through and I end up getting 4 bags. I have been cutting down lately and two bags gets me pretty high. In the past I have taken suboxone to relieve sickness and it didn't work well and when I got dope later on I got just as high as if I didn't take it. However, today it did relieve my wd and when I shot the two bags I barely got high. I shot another half bag two try and get something but nothing. I'm about 7 hours from when I first took the subs and 3 from when I did the dope. When should I be able to get a decent high. I don't regularly take suboxone.

2 mg is a lot of suboxone to shoot, its equal to a dose of about 6.5 mg taken sublingually, which is probably why you didn't get high. However I've always found that suboxone is kind of unpredictable. one day it will completely block you even after waiting two days (this is at high dosage 8 mg and up) and then another time you may be able to just shoot through it. It depends I guess mostly on how good your dope is.

Hey I got a question,

ever since I tapered to below 2 mg (at one mg of bupe/day) I've been itching insanely, and have a rash all over my body. I feel like it's a bit much that this could be a histamine reaction to low dosage use, but I can't correlate it with anything else, as nothing else in my life has changed.

Bupe' is not going to help you in any way until you taper off the methadone for at least 2 weeks or more & then (in my case) I used dilly's' for another 7-8 days then waited for w/d's to go back on bupe' Methadone is the worst full pain agonist to transition to bupe', depending on the dosage you could be thrown into precipitated w/d's 3 weeks later...

Not sure if you're referring to getting a buzz or what?? But I was on MMT for a lotta years and did a quick one week taper to 40 mg and was fine switching to bupe 3 days after stopping the methadone... Used clonidine for the 3 day period.

Anyone else here have experience with the suboxone skin patches? I jsut bought my script to the pharmacy and I dfidnt bother to look at it and they informed me my doctor perscribed me the 16mg skin patches. I just tryed it this morning...I gotta say...pretty good :)

Have you tried antihistamines so deal with the itches?
yeah i have, diphenhydramine, and it does help, but I find myself using more and more of it everyday. I'm thinking of tapering further down to .5 mg a day in the near future, and hoping that maybe that will yield some reprieve.

At what point is the bupe "ceiling" reached? What I mean is, at what point is it pointless to take more, because blood plasma levels have plateaud?

I heard its somewhere between 4 and 6 mg. I think it differs for everyone but it's between 4 and 8 mg. however it should be noted that I'm talking about a daily maintenance dose, not a one time shot here. There's a difference because if it's not a maintenance dose, there wouln't be the buildup of previous doses due to the long half life. Taking four mg of sub a day has a buildup where there is actually 10 mg in your system. I really wish there was some definitive dose though where the cieling was reached, I've noticed that after 6mg for me, an increase does nothing but make me more lethargic. Usually less is more.

For me, IM/IV dosages range well from 20 to 250 micrograms, but 250 to 2,000 micrograms tends to be wasteful.

250 mcg is more for high opiate tolerance, or for severe acute pain. I'm closer to 80 to 120 mcg now.

I'd say a 250 mcg IV or IM shot is the ceiling. Administering 80 mcg IV and 120 mcg IM is OK, but 250mcg any route - the ceiling for me personally. I would only do IM and IV use, when I feel the worst. I was going through this upper respiratory infection and I felt so awful, IM shots had nice duration but I also wanted instant relief from certain symptoms. I also had to use d-amp IR tabs in order to keep my sinuses cleared out and not filled with drainage.

I'd probably agree with that number if it's in terms of daily use and built up half life's. With no tolerance I think the cieling is probably starts around1.2 mg

For me, IM/IV dosages range well from 20 to 250 micrograms, but 250 to 2,000 micrograms tends to be wasteful.

250 mcg is more for high opiate tolerance, or for severe acute pain. I'm closer to 80 to 120 mcg now.

I'd say a 250 mcg IV or IM shot is the ceiling. Administering 80 mcg IV and 120 mcg IM is OK, but 250mcg any route - the ceiling for me personally. I would only do IM and IV use, when I feel the worst. I was going through this upper respiratory infection and I felt so awful, IM shots had nice duration but I also wanted instant relief from certain symptoms. I also had to use d-amp IR tabs in order to keep my sinuses cleared out and not filled with drainage.

Where do you IM the shot at when you do it? I would think that would be a bad idea to IM bupe or any pill for that matter plus its painful isnt it?. I know that you use the micron and everything but just still seems shaky. Ive never tried it so i cant knock it that hard.

Also which form of bupe are you doing? If its suboxone i dont see how that gives you much relief. A lot of people on here say that there is no difference between boxone and tex but I notice huge differences. When i have zero tolerance and do subutex i almost feel like i shot a bag of dope except it takes a few mins to hit me. But i get a nice buzz and will start nodding a bit too and it lasts forever. I have no opiate tolerance at the moment and its the first time Ive tried suboxone while being completely clean so i just shot some suboxone strip earlier and i felt MAYBE a third of what i did on the tex. I did 2 mg each time i used both also. Hate this damn suboxone.

With the ceiling thing i think its about the same for me whether I'm on maintence and when I'm opiate tolerant for these reasons. Its about 2 mg to me when im not tolerant because if i do too much then i will get nauseous and kinda dizzy sick feeling. That hasn't happened in years but thats cause I'm way more experienced now. And when I'm on subutex maintenance I get the same effect off of 2 mg that I do from 4 mg. I just feel like I'm wasting it if i do more than a quarter of a pill.

Are you injecting it? In my experience with suboxone (only shot subtext when I was already on a lot of sub so i couldn't tell if there was a real difference between the two) but when i used to inject suboxone, I found that over about 1mg, there seemed to be no more increased effects(1mg is about equal to 3mg sublingual) I think that the naloxome in suboxone does become slightly active when you shoot it in larger doses, and I don't mean that it sends bupe dependent people into withdrawal, I just think it kind of numbs the effects of the bupe. I definitely know that when I would shoot doses of .5 and under I would get immediate relief from withdrawal, but anything higher and it seemed like it took forever to kick in.

Are you injecting it? In my experience with suboxone (only shot subtext when I was already on a lot of sub so i couldn't tell if there was a real difference between the two) but when i used to inject suboxone, I found that over about 1mg, there seemed to be no more increased effects(1mg is about equal to 3mg sublingual) I think that the naloxome in suboxone does become slightly active when you shoot it in larger doses, and I don't mean that it sends bupe dependent people into withdrawal, I just think it kind of numbs the effects of the bupe. I definitely know that when I would shoot doses of .5 and under I would get immediate relief from withdrawal, but anything higher and it seemed like it took forever to kick in.

Yeah I'm definitely injecting it. I know for sure that the naloxone does effect the suboxone. Theres an obvious difference in feeling when you shoot tex and when you shoot boxone. Also Ive noticed when I'm in withdraw from opiates and its time to do some bupe safely that suboxone will give me the most uncomfortable feeling for about 10-15 min when I iv it. Ive never had a panic attack but i would imagine it feels like this.

I know someone might be thinking "oh thats prec withdraw" but no its def not. So whenever I'm in that situation before i start IVing the suboxone I will take a little piece sublingually and get it on my receptors and about 2 hours later Ill start shooting it and I'm fine. I have experienced prec withdraw before plenty of times unfortunately and it doesnt feel like this at all. Plus a prec withdraw for me always last for a while like 1-2 days and it doesnt come down slowly, its very gradual and takes a while to start feeling better.

Now when Im in the same situation withdrawing and I shoot subutex I'm fine, I dont have any of these extremely uncomfortable feelings and it makes me feel better. Ive talked to numerous people that have had this same experience also and we all agree that it has to have something to do with the naloxone in the suboxone that causes these effects.

Thats why whenever I read people on here talking about how subutex is the same as suboxone I just assume they haven't done both, or like you said you were already on a lot of bupe so you couldn't tell. Where I'm from subutex sells for twice as much usually than suboxone does for this reason. When I had my subutex script I would have people trade me 3 suboxone for one subutex. Now tell those people there isnt any difference and they will laugh at you.

Best time to start taking suboxone...

I have detoxed tens of times coming off herion and onto suboxone. Normally, my last H dose will be sometime the night before, maybe around 8 PM. I'll eventually fall asleep, then wake up around 11 AM. Sometime between noon and 1 PM, I'll take the suboxone. At that time, I'm not longer intoxicated off the herion, but I am still far from being sick. Within a couple hours, the suboxone will start to take effect and eventually, I'll be detoxing, and feel pretty shitty. Even though how I feel is nothing compared to kicking cold turkey, I still do not feel that well. I'm wondering if there was a better time to take the suboxone, like should I wait until I really feel sick? I'm just not sure how much it matters, as long as I don't take it while I'm still feeling the effects off the herion. Is there a best time, which will make the detox not be as harsh as it can? Thanks! Any info would be appreciated. I've on an H run for about the last 2 months.

New Subutex out (not the 54 411 generics)

So I haven't seen this anywhere on here(forgive me if it is) and I cant find it on drugs.com or google. Me and my friend are prescribed subutex and usually we both get the generics(I was getting those oval brand name ones but the generics are cheaper even with insurance).

But the past 2 months hes been getting these new subutex. They are round, really small, white, have an 8 on one side and a pointing arrow on the other side. They break down really well for IV, better than the generic ones do and the name brand in my opinion. They are so tiny though that its hard to break off a really small dose like .5 mg. When you have just 2 mg(a quarter of the pill) its the smallest little chunk.

The prescription bottle says buprenphorine on it just like the generics do. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen these also? Because I noticed the new version 13 is out for bupe and they aren't mentioned on there.

Yeah I think mfg is hi-tech pharms.

I have themn in the 2mg version. I actually like these better.. they barely have any taste what so ever and dissolve quicker under your tongue then the roxanne ones.

And about getting your .5mg doses.. what I do is I got a cheap milligram scale (like 15 bucks). The new hi-tech 8mg piills weigh 440mg (vs the roxanne pills which are 400 flat).

So I crush up the powder and weigh out about 27-28mg (which will not be perfectly accurate but itll be +-3mg with a decent scale) which amounts to .5mg (1/16th of 440mg). It works out better with Roxanne brand because they are an even 400mg per 8mg pill. So 50mg is 1mg bupe, 25mg is .5mg bupe and so on.

Ive bene using this method to taper my bupe down..and it works great rather than just breaking lil chunks and expecting them to be accurate

Status
Not open for further replies.