• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been reading through this whole megathread and it seems that the vast majority of the posts are about people who have been on a lengthy maintance schedule of suboxone for several months (or more), or about people using suboxone to get high.

I have been taking 13-15 7.5/750 hydrocodone pills per day for several months now. All I want to do is get clean, stop using opiates all together. A friend of mine will be getting his 8mg suboxone script filled today or tomorrow and agreed to sell me some (7-10 i hope).

With all these people being on suboxone for months at a time are there any experiences of people getting clean of opiates after about of week of using suboxone and tapering down? What are some of the things I can expect?

I plan on waiting until I start withdrawal before taking my first subox, starting with 4mg and seeing if it curbs the withdrawals.

Like I said, any advice or otherwise words of wisdom from people who have used suboxone to get clean in a week?

the problem with that is after a week you'll likely still have very strong mental urges to use. i've been on it for over a year and like my doctor says, why relapse if you don't have to? depending on your history of use it's just not worth tapering off so soon & risking caving into the mental cravings because it's just not about willpower and being a failure...

I_UseD said:
Ive been reading through this whole megathread and it seems that the vast majority of the posts are about people who have been on a lengthy maintance schedule of suboxone for several months (or more), or about people using suboxone to get high.

I have been taking 13-15 7.5/750 hydrocodone pills per day for several months now. All I want to do is get clean, stop using opiates all together. A friend of mine will be getting his 8mg suboxone script filled today or tomorrow and agreed to sell me some (7-10 i hope).

With all these people being on suboxone for months at a time are there any experiences of people getting clean of opiates after about of week of using suboxone and tapering down? What are some of the things I can expect?

I plan on waiting until I start withdrawal before taking my first subox, starting with 4mg and seeing if it curbs the withdrawals.

Like I said, any advice or otherwise words of wisdom from people who have used suboxone to get clean in a week?

Just try to take low doses with it and taper down. There'll be a few bumpy days, and those days will really suck, but it's doable.

This is what I did the first time I quit. I still dabbled here and there, but then managed to be completely clean for 6 weeks. Of course I ended up getting on H again and ended up getting prescribed suboxone.

I think that's one reason why a lot of people tend to be on sub for a while, gives them more time away from their DOC and the old lifestyle.

johanneschimpo said:
I know people who aren't very intelligent and take their suboxone orally, because they think that once the pill is dissolved into their saliva, in that first minute or two, its all done and they swallow it. (retards.)

However, since their intelligence is lacking, it would be impossible to use them as test subject, to see if the side effects from naloxone are diminished, or if the conversion to norbupe is increased, etc.

Its funny though, these people take wayyyy more bupe than they need, and waste their money. If they took it correctly, they could easily fill their prescriptions for half as much and save a ton of money. Oh well, sucks for them...
why wouldnt u take it how the doctor prescribed it though(subligually)? u are trying to get better right? not u but people in general....

Well first of all, the people I'm mentioning aren't getting it from doctors, its people I know who use it recreationally.

As I explained, they don't do it on purpose, its just because they are stupid. In fact, the people I'm talking about are people I know from the local skate park. It seems that just about everybody there abuses suboxone, and well... they aren't all rocket surgeons. ;) When they hear "dissolve it under your tongue" they think that means that once its gone from pill to liquid, the process is over. They don't understand that the liquid needs to absorb under their tongue after. I've tried to explain it to a few people I know who do this, but some people never learn. And I don't care enough to help people. If they were trying to get clean, sure. But if they're trying to get high, I'm not going to help them.

the instructions he printed out say keep in your mouth till the pill is no more then spit out. is my doctor setting me up for failure? im not trying to give u a hard time i just wanna know the best way to take it sublingually....

second650 said:
the instructions he printed out say keep in your mouth till the pill is no more then spit out. is my doctor setting me up for failure? im not trying to give u a hard time i just wanna know the best way to take it sublingually....

Let it sit under your tongue a long time after it dissolves.
Rough rule of thumb, for when you swallow whats left:
1. if you no longer taste the orange flavor, you didn't waste any of the drug
2. if you do taste the orange flavor, you probably swallowed some of the drug (thus, wasting it)

johanneschimpo said:
Let it sit under your tongue a long time after it dissolves.
Rough rule of thumb, for when you swallow whats left:
1. if you no longer taste the orange flavor, you didn't waste any of the drug
2. if you do taste the orange flavor, you probably swallowed some of the drug (thus, wasting it)
thnak u sir....

^ 'sir' (johanneschimpo) is a lady, no?

suboxone saved my ass i had some really rocky momets but its do-able to get clean on this, where i think its impossible on methadone. i have also changed my surrounding 100% and the people i know. i have moved to thailand to teach english (and my english suxs to hahaha but i teach speaking) and im living with my beautiful girl. for the first time i am happy with a job and a girlfriend i love....i havent thought or dreamt about heroin or any drugs, i dont need them now (pluss fuck getting caught, have you see what the prisons are like here?!)

...sorry to ramble , just though it would be nice for someone to read a success story.

.....''heroin hates you''- iggy pop

Last edited:
^ damn fucking straight.

but I do dress in drag sometimes when I'm on sting operations, so I could see the confusion.

No problem. I just can't imagine how you gleamed that from my posts. I would be the most vulgar, crudest, ball-scratching chick on earth. If I was one.

Didn't want to post this seperate with the megathread in the front page so...

I got two BuTrans transdermal patches today, 10mg buprenorphine realeased at 10mics an hour for seven days. I had a run through the thread and didn't see much on patches so the big question is, is there fun to be had with these ?

Im necking 100-200 mg tramadol + 90-120mg dihydrocodiene a day curruntly, would I need to stop this first ? The dhc I can stop anytime for some reason but the trams make me kick like a mule so this would need planning 8o

I aquired these from someone who had them for pain but said they were shit and kept falling off, missed out on a fent patch that went back to the doctors last week as well, gutted ! These were due to go back tomorrow as well, nothing feels as good as a freeby !!

I am planning on avoiding withdrawal from 2 bundles of east coast dope with 1 1/2 8mg Suboxone pills I have acquired. What would be the most logical taper with 12mg total subs? I've stretched these 2 bundles (20 bags) for the past 5 days so I'm wondering if I need to use the whole 12mg? Should I start with 4mg or 2mg/day taper?

I did pretty much the exact thing you did. I waited 2.5 days into full blown w/ds and put half under my tounge, after that I just took 1/4 chunks til it was gone..

When I was done, I had this feeling like, shit what I am going to do now? I just ended up not taking anything, roughing it. Even though I still feel it, I've been clean for 17 days, off everything, cept THC. Which I happen to start smoking again after about a year of not buying any. I havent been sober in forever, and its definately different. 17 days and I still feel, like Ive got ridiculous amounts of energy.

Good look with the taper though. Sauna's do wonders for w/d's.

EDIT: BTW, when I say sober, I mean, not slamming dope or OC's anymore: which ran the past 2+ years everyday. And before that, I had a love affair with multiple Norco and Perc10's going 3 years prior to that. 17 days off ALL opi's for the first time in a good 5 years.

johanneschimpo said:
No problem. I just can't imagine how you gleamed that from my posts. I would be the most vulgar, crudest, ball-scratching chick on earth. If I was one.

GLEANED....not GLEAMED.

pretty petty huh? Just a small taste of what posters had to endure during the reign of JC as mod.

Oh, my "reign"... lol. What are you talking about?

I actually meant the word "gleam," but I honestly do appreciate that you made the effort to point that out to me, however petty it may be.

Im necking 100-200 mg tramadol + 90-120mg dihydrocodiene a day curruntly, would I need to stop this first ? The dhc I can stop anytime for some reason but the trams make me kick like a mule so this would need planning

You are supposed to wait until you are in WDs. The tramadol, however, will have WD symptoms caused by 5-HT that the buprenorphine won't cover, so you may want to taper off that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.