• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive been clean from all other opiates for 7 days taking suboxone. is it really a waste if i take it sublingually? ive been snorting 8mg 2wice a day and then 4 mg at night. the doc wants me to start taking 20 mg all at once in the morning. your thoughts?

^
taking it all at once in the morning works better has to do with enzyme levels i think

make sure to brush your teeth , gums , and especialy under and on the tongue very well before taking yor dose sublingually it helps a great deal so does keeping in the tablets for min 10 after the tablet has dissolved (it would work a hell lot beter if you just dissolved the tablet in water and put the water under the tongue

second650 said:
ive been clean from all other opiates for 7 days taking suboxone. is it really a waste if i take it sublingually? ive been snorting 8mg 2wice a day and then 4 mg at night. the doc wants me to start taking 20 mg all at once in the morning. your thoughts?

goddamn dude, how the fuck can you snort 2 of those fucking things, i gag and puke doing a quarter of one. I've been taking suboxone off and on for months now, suspose to take 3 8mg a day, but it's more like 2mg every few days..

I've tried puttn em up my nose when I first got em, but i dunno, i guess after gettn hooked on g and taking it like everyday, maybe it has coroded my esopagus(sp?) lineing, and fucked my throat up? It's weird.. I can't just tell the doc" Hey i've been taking G for the past time, umm is this doing this to my throat"?.. Maybe I hope it's just the taste of the sub's that make me vomit.. I gotta admit, if I can stomch these fuckin things, I feel the nice bup buzz come in like 20mins after taking the sub.

i stopped snorting them cuz that shit was annoying. the doctor has no problem keeping me on this shit for as long as it takes to kick my opiate addiction. how can i get away with using every once in a while?

second650 said:
i stopped snorting them cuz that shit was annoying. the doctor has no problem keeping me on this shit for as long as it takes to kick my opiate addiction. how can i get away with using every once in a while?

get away with using once in awhile?? i assume you mean you want to dabble with your opiate of choice every now and then. lots of people here are gonna give you shit for this, and they of course have a point. if you went on sub to quit, then why are you already looking to sneak in an "naughty night" here and there?
i wont take that line with you because i dont do "judging". im guilty of too much myself and more importantly i just understand how life can make it next to impossible not to use. doesnt make it a good idea, and it does seem as though you are taking steps to quitting, so i would just urge you to consider whether or not allowing yourself to "cheat" is really worth it. once you cheat once, you can justify doing it again, pretty soon you are back to square one.

but to answer your question, if you truly want to use here and there, the best thing you can do is wait til you start feeling withdrawal after taking you last dose of sub, then once your WD hits, take your opiate of choice. if u arent feeling any WD yet, then most likely the sub is still bound to your receptors and you wont get much effect from your other opioid. then once you start feeling WD again after taking your opioid, switch back to your sub.
of course, if your sub doc decides to randomly test you (lots of sub docs do), he may very well kick you out of your sub program.
so my advice, dont do it. but if you do, ill still love you.

second650 said:
ill continue to fight these urges to cop pills....

good idea. the sub should be pretty much squashing your physical cravings, but i know that you still get those mental cravings for that numbed out euphoric warm feeling. that does lessen over time. looks like you havent been on sub very long, and esp in the beginning, even tho u might not have physical withdrawal, you still miss that "feeling". believe me, that will lessen to a great degree. good luck

Is suboxone also absorbed bucally?

According to the master opiate chart provided by bluelight, and looking at several different studies, the sublingual bioavalibility of suboxone is allegedly around 70%. Intranasally is said to be 50%, however when I administer my sub sublingually, it seems exponetially stronger than nasal. What I am wondering is when these findings are made, do the studiers differentiate between buprenorphine laiden spit that is absobed in your cheeks when you have an excess of spit and the amount of the drug that is actually absorbed sublingually? When administering sub and spit is kept in the mouth is it absorbed bucally? Do most of you who are on Sub maintainance keep your spit in your mouth, swallow it, andhave you noticed a difference any of this? Input would be appreciated. Also, does anyone have any hard evidence or mention of anything like this or am I going to have to settle for opinions. Hope all is well in the BL community today. I would do my own little test right now, but I have been abstaining from sub for the last 5 days and am trying to kick it all together.

**edit- spelling

Suboxone maintenace long term side effects vs methadone

I've been taking suboxone for about 4 or 5 months now, I started at 4 mg a day and now taking 24 mg a day. Its been a lifesaver in some aspects, I dont have to worry about all the legal/health/financial issues associated with chasing pills/dope. But, this stuff has had some really f*cked up side effects as of late.

My joints ache all the time, I have swelling in my legs, I gained a bunch of weight, and my sex drive is non-exisntant. I was wondering how many other people here on sub maintenace have had side effects like these and how to deal with them. I dont wanna go back to using dope but sometimes the side effects of sub seem almost as bad :\

My sub doctor mentioned that I could switch to methadone but Ive heard a lot of bad things about it, I havent ever used methadone long-term, are the side effects worse than suboxone?

why are you up to 24mg a day? most suboxone patients do not require a step up in dose, sometimes steps down.

I was initially taking it for withdrawals, now I use it to keep my cravings away, and my doctor based my dosage on my past use, and the intensity of the cravings I was having. Before I started Suboxone I was probably averaging 300 mg of oxycodone/day mixed with off and on use of heroin.

IS ths too boring or does no one know? Possibly need to be moved to ADD?

Last edited:
i have been on bupe pain management for 6 months now and have pretty much zero sex drive, except when i will drink on ocassions or smoke pot. other medications im on are tramadol, valium and i've just started lyrica(pregabalin) today. so i can sympathise with the no sex drive, it fuckn sucks too. i barely even jerk off anymore.

one other side effect i was noticing was apathetic thoughts toward many things. thankfully thats subsided now, more having me dealing with what issues i was facing was more the problem solver than anything

Yeah the no sex drive is probaly the worst side effect by far, they could use Suboxone for chemical castration, lol. I never jerk off anymore ... and when my girl wants sex its just seems like a major effort, I feel bad about but what can you do. I wonder if the naloxone has anything to with it, I've tried many times to get my doctor to switch me to Subutex but she wont do it, the whole naloxone thing is pretty fucking stupid anyway, if someone is taking bupe they're doing it to get clean, if they wanted to get high they'd just go buy a bag of smack. They say the naloxone in Suboxone just passes through your GI tract and doesnt cause any side effects, I call bullshit on that.

The 70% is a typo , it's more around 30 %

please check out the mega - merged suboxone thread

Some studies have revelead the ba to go up to 50% if the bupe is dissolved in water before administrating buccaly/sublingually suggesting most people swallow too soon.

oh and youre doing something wrong in the way you're snorting if it feels weaker than sublingual

Nocturnal if you take your bupe sublingually up to 3% of the naloxone is absorbed a small amount and it's gone after like 4 hours but still could affect you.

merging with mega suboxone thread

my daily dose is anywhere from 8-24mg, but because it's too hard to keep so much under the tongue at one time i take it 4mg at a time, and always crush it up before funneling it under my tongue (not to dust, but to "coffee grounds" sized pieces). this is the best way i've found to avoid a lot of excess saliva. i think it can just take practice to not swallow a lot of the med, because in the beginning i found the more i thought about not swallowing it the more saliva i produced and the more drug i lost. but now i usually don't swallow any, provided i don't have to try to talk while i'm dosing. if i take it at work i put my phone on "do not disturb" or i get pissed if i have to take a call with it dissolving >.< :p hey, this shit's expensive.

i've tried snorting it way back and it sucked -- the taste was AWFUL and i think you risk losing more due to the drip than you do when taking it sublingually. also at doses over 8mg it really sucks to put all that shit up your nose. not worth it.

back when i was on heroin, i had ZERO sex drive, but now that i'm on suboxone, my sex drive has returned w/ full force. i could understand if you had no tolerance and bupe took away the sex drive, but not when you have a tolerance and don't get high/feel the bupe.

Status
Not open for further replies.