• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ne0 said:
That's why it is used to withdraw from heavy opioids. It's funny that in some countries (like Finland) lot of people use it recreational...

^ i could nt either. when i used ALOT of heroin i thought people who use suboxone to get high are lame. However i havent used heroin and been clean for sometime now, i have got LOTS of suboxone left (80 -8mg and 70 -2mg... all for free im from england :) ) and i realised that 2mg fucks me. I not so much as get a nod on but i run around and do shit loads if work and i can zone myself out at will....

....so given the fact that there isnt enouh hours in the day, i have LOTS of work to do, i find this effective. I know im playing with fire thats why i ask what time frame to leave it between doses would work so i wouldnt get withdrawls...

i can't pee on this shit.
i've been on it for almost a year now (16mg/day) and had this problem for several months when i started on it, but it went away and i thought i was in the clear. but 2 weeks ago it started up again - it feels just like a UTI, but it's not.
always feels like i have to pee, but when i try, only a little comes out and then it gets, like, "pinched" off and hurts like hell- feels like i really need to go, but can't, for at least another hour.
sucks.
my doc says it's more common in women than men, and that she experienced the same thing...
anyone else go thru this?

I can pee, but haven't had a shit since last week. I run soon out of this stuff, then I should get couple runs to WC and be okay.

yeah that too, only go #2 like every 7 days but i don't mind that really.

Back when I was on Suboxone, not being able to go wasn't as bad as it was when abusing an opiate. :\

^ Not at all.

Now, on occasion I will still have trouble peeing, but usually its only with-in the first half hour or hour after the suboxone has started working. After that, its no trouble at all.

Its a whole different world compared to the hour I spend sitting on or leaning over the toilet when I try to piss on heroin.

Ok fellows, i know something along these lines has been asked somewhere in this forum. but as each situation is different i would like to ask ever so kindly for some input:

Here is my story:

I am a 23 year old man been an opiate user since a teen to mask the horrible depression that comes from growing up in an abusive child hood home (i know excuses excuses validating)

I had about a gram a day habit living in the inner city of really good quality H until a bitch called katrina entered my life and ruined everything. H prices skyrocketed as did my tolerence and i began doing much more drastic things and exhibiting wretched behaviors to obtain my DOC.

It was then i got onto the subutex maintenence program and was clean for a year and a half. Started going to college and about 20 hours in the ONLY doctor i could see in town(the only one registered for bup) suddenly got under some crackdown by the dea and starting cutting off bup patients(i was cut off from sub and relapsed). I was lost, this horrible thing happened during the last week of finals of the semester; and needless to say, i blew it. Combined with this tragedy my father lost his job and was unable to help fund what he saw was a futile investment in my education(even though on bup i maintained a 3.0) He just saw me as a junkie and a flunkie and that was the end of school.

Now i sit at home idly..i do excercize, found a great bup doctor who will also script me moderate doses of benzos to help with my panic disorder....
But somehow after all this "clean"(quotes indicative of bup still being a partial agonist/antagonist) time and and maintaining my sanity with the benzos...i feel like im having the biggest craving to feel that good old warm smack high(the sub boredom creeping in...even though i want to stay clean the craving just pulls at me...

Because i have strong willpower i have never experimented with trying to lower my dose and shoothrough it with h, im put in a predicament, and this my fellows; is it.

The girl im in love with9she is not a junky and has never been an enabler in the past) is coming in town and has one oc40 that me in my addict ways has gotten her to agree to bring it to me...its just the infatuation of having it, scraping the pill, preparing it, and feeling that euphoric rush.

Now i have been on bup now again with this new doctor for about 4 weeks, snorting no more that 4 mgs of bup a day and i have been slowly weening myself off preparing for the ability to possibly getting something out of this OC...my question is....to feel anything legit at all, without getting sick or uncomfortable inbetween(is this even possible)...ive been tapering down to about 2 mgs a day, basically chips off the 8mg pill...i want to be responsible abotu this as absurd as it may sound.

can anyone with similar experience tell me the best way to go about this and the best way to do it with the least discomfort? The Oc is coming the day after tomorrow and i am craving to do some bup now as my lowering of the dose is causing mild cramps and shit like that.

i know i sound like an idiot probably and this is my first post...but if there are any sympathizers out there can you give me any input?

peace!!

Thanks phrozen for the sweet thread. Intranasal is a great moa tried it for the first time today. Methinks 6/7 posted on that too, can't remember I read it awhile ago. Anyways good looking out

Insuflation is the best because of the benefits of saving your meds....ive made a doctors supplied two week script last over three months

HORDE
HORDE
HORDE

^ Its slightly more potent, but you're still in a drug-abusing type scenario. If you're really trying to get better, its best to drop those habits (snorting anything).

johanneschimpo said:
^ Its slightly more potent, but you're still in a drug-abusing type scenario. If you're really trying to get better, its best to drop those habits (snorting anything).
No argument here definately not the best way to go about it if your looking to quit, also I noticed after a small dose it blocks the effects of my usual dose of oxy for what seems to me to be an entire day longer than sublingular. Maybe it's just in my head but it seems to last way longer.

Does anyone know how many days in a row it takes to have withdrawal symptoms from bupe? I bought 3 N8's to try and quit oxy for awhile and get my tolerance down to nothing, these subs will prob last me 2 weeks, do you think I will experience physical withdrawals after the suboxone runs out?

^depends how low the dosage u get it...you will always have withdrawls, just get it down to 0.5mgs a day and if you really have your head in a good place the withdrawls will be VERY little...good luck

suboxone to methadone conversion

Does anyone know how much methadone would equal 16mgs of suboxone a day? I found one converter that actually had buprneorphine on it, but it was for buprenex which is the injectable kind. But anyways i plugged the numbers in just because and it said 16mgs of buprenorphine was equal to 800mgs of methadone haha...there is no way in hell thats possible.

so anyone know? or does anyone have personal experience in the issue? like if you were taking 16mgs a day then got on methadone, how much did it take you to feel good. Not high, but better than normal haha. thanks.

you'll, probably start at 60mg and go up 10mg every few days until you find the right dose for you... you'll feel a bit shitty at first, but after a week or two you should settle in...

I went from 60 mg methadone to 12 mg subutex

but i had to wait a few weeks because of circumstances however the wd were still there , once i got the sub i was fine though

medicine cabinet said:
Does anyone know how much methadone would equal 16mgs of suboxone a day? I found one converter that actually had buprneorphine on it, but it was for buprenex which is the injectable kind. But anyways i plugged the numbers in just because and it said 16mgs of buprenorphine was equal to 800mgs of methadone haha...there is no way in hell thats possible.

so anyone know? or does anyone have personal experience in the issue? like if you were taking 16mgs a day then got on methadone, how much did it take you to feel good. Not high, but better than normal haha. thanks.

I would have tought around 60 -80mgs - but dont quote me on this its be an age since i used methadone and been around friends who do - sorry

if i were you i would try 60mg and if you still feel like shit 6-12 hours after dosing take another 20mg.

Suboxone and kicking H

So i have been off suboxone for a few days and have been using IV heroin. I am a vet at getting addicted to and kicking dope (been doing it for 8 years), but FUCK...i know about suboxone and the precipitated withdrawals, so i waited about 16-18 hours after my last shot of dope to take any subs. I waited til i was in full (or so i thought) withdrawals. I took about 6mg of suboxone sub lingually and about 20 minutes later i REALLY started getting sick. then i took about 4 more mg 2 hours later. That has been about 7 hours ago and i am still not feeling any better. I was just wondering, about how long do precipitated withdrawals last for most people? Am i just not taking enough? I do have a pretty nasty opiate tolerance...need some advice here.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.