• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
^That would be so incredibly cruel.

But, I wouldn't put it past Reckitt-Cocksucker lor whatever that company's name is. :\

lyXw33d said:
I've always wondered this: why is there a sword design on the backs of suboxone/subutex pills? Something to do with "battling addiction?"

Dunno about the sword but it´s not about addiction since the same sword is found on temgesic 0.2 and 0.4mg (bupe for pain).

Celbrating three weeks opiate free today, thanks to bupe. Used 0.4 temgesic and tapered down to 0.2mg over 2 weeks. I killed off the extremely mild withdrawal with 600mg lyrica/day.

Ive been switching from morphine to oxycontin (depending on which is available)
Basically I use 20-30mg 5x daily... I know thats not to terrible, but I recently found a way to get suboxone (thank god for certain things that happen)

So I read about 6 pages of this thread , and really didn't receive much information about the effects of using bupe...

How does it make you feel? (I've taken Morphine, Oxycontin, Methadone, Hydrocodone, and a few other opiates I can't think of right now)

Is it comparable to other opiates, how well does it help with w/d.?
For someone who has been taking 20-30mg 5 time daily, what would be a recommended dose to start with bupe?

What should I expect out of this drug? Does it make you high? Does it help significantly with w/d s? is it comparable to any other opiate?

After I have been taking bupe for a while, is it easier to get off bupe itself, or other opiates.(I've read a few posts where people were saying that if you are abusing the bupe, your in for some trouble when it comes to w/d?)

Thank you for any answers, and sorry if I missed any answers to my questions in earlier posts. (I tried to read most of this thread...got about 60% of it...)

^ All the answers are in this thread, or available by searching. This is one of most commonly discussed topics in OD.

i have been addicted to heroin for a long time. i tapered down with suboxone and am now clean.

the only time i found it bad was if i reduced the dose to quick. or if i just jumped for 2-4 mg thinging i was hard, and would be ok. (xmas night i went loopy) You really have to be sure that your head is in the correct place.

rules that worked for me (to get clean):

You REALLY want to get clean (you might even be kidding yourself)
only do it for yourself, no one else
go at your own pace (slower than u think)
check both the mental side of your recovery and physical (50%-50%)
Surround yourself with something positive - aims etc

meds that help

lofexintine (of acks and pains -shoulnt have many if u tapper SLOW)
Trazadone (for sleep - works good, no need to get a benzo addiction - tranfer from one addiction to another is to get at this stage, trazadone ISNT addictive and knocks u out)
beta - blockers (for anixeti)

find out you phscological TRIGGERS:

places to avoid
people to avoid
situations to avoid (even happy ones - can give u that trigger)
mind sets etc etc etc.....

TAPPER slow

(i was using around a gram of quite good heroin a day)

recommendation: (what i did - except from the times i thought i was good and just jumped off it , then when loopy and bitched, moned and cryed like a fucking teased pussy:) )

*16mg (suboxone) - 2 weeks (or more-when u first jump on the suboxone train it can be difficult to get your head round it. your heads more clear and normal and as u might not be used to being normal it can be a bitch)
*14mg - 2 weeks
*12mg - 2 weeks
*10mg - 2 weeks
*8 mg - 2 weeks
*4 mgs - 2 weeks
*2 mg - 2 weeks
*1 mg - 2 weeks (you should be ok coming off 1 mg, it should just be in your head now...which doesnt make it any less real! i still physically felt like shit, i dont know if that was psyco -active or what)
play it safe:
*0.5mg - 2 weeks
*0.25 - 2 weeks

The start of treatment and the end (opiate free) are the hardest times.

if you feel u are moving to fast, or even that MAYBE you think u are moving to fast -STOP- dont reduce again till you feel ok...

.....remember you will always be an ADDICT of EVER. however it does get easyer as time goes on...i havent dreamt about heroin for a long time.

that bitch monkey is a cunt
(opiates) HEROIN HATES U....((alot of the things ive said here are obivious, but i know the self doubt and over thinking that comes in to place when getting clean. Thats why treads like this are valuable))

Last edited:
subuxone

I just got 8mg subuxone Im opiate virgin .. how long should I be not taking my everyday clonazepam med?
Im safe if I take 2mg of the subuxone tomorrow morning and not take clonazepam tomorrow at all?

edit: let me put it this way, Im addicted to benzos, can I safely dose 1-2mg's without fear of fatal od . death?

Last edited:
Yes. You should be fine. I'd be more concerned with the last time you've taken another opiate... in fact, I think the clown would compliment the subs nicely. I don't think that suboxone itself gets you "high" persay; that is, it gets you fucked-up, but there is a bit of undesireable effect to it. I think the clown would help smooth that out into a nice buzz. Just take your normal dose with it I would say.

I just picked it up and he said he cut him self 1mg for getting it to me... it looks like its 1/3 cutted but I dont know... I also take lyrica daily 500-2000mg today I have taken in morning 800mg I think i'll snort 1mg or 0,5mg now to be on safe side. my good friend had shot it and was nodding hard I was so pissed so I came home.. none of my friends shoot anything we snort or eat was it speed or opiates. We have never taken any opiates before besides tramadol and codeine.

I'll report soon if the 1mg affects me any way.:\

Not feeling much its been 45min since I snorted around 1mg maybe 2mg...kinda feel like I cant breath well but probably just anxiety..

update: fuck this feels good I feel like just lying down to bed but im scared I stop breatheing when I passout...

Last edited:
do you take the benzos for anxeity? You should be fine, just dont get yourself worked up.

also i found i never got precipitated withdrawls at all. I did NOT even wait till i was withdrawing before i took my first dose of suboxone.

my trick was to wait untill i knew i was close to the beginning of withdrawls from heroin (3 hours away) and i would take only 2mg suboxone (under the touge). Wait 4 hours then take 2mg more wait 4hours then take 2mg more etc etc.. till i was up to my dose. (not the best of days but no percipitated withdrawls)

then the next day i would just take my full dose at once....

..........anyone else done this???(sorry for double posting)

2mg of suboxone is too high a dose for an opiate virgin. It won't kill you, but you might throw up A LOT. All day.
Best of luck to you.

Last edited:
junctionalfunkie said:
I'm jumping off Tuesday, I'll let you know how it goes. I actually went down to .125 mg for the last few days, because I remember reading either on BL or heroin-detox.com (which also has lots of good info on bupe) that if you taper down to <.2 mg/day, it's pretty much painless. :)

PLEASE PLEASE post how it goes. I am on my way to ending this shit.

How do you break the 8mg pill down to .2?? Or do you mean 2.0??

Dissolve it into water.
One 8mg pill in a few mL of water.
Dose with a (needleless) syringe.
Easy as pie.

johanneschimpo said:
It will kill you, but you might throw up A LOT. All day.
Best of luck to you.
way to scare the kid! u ment it won't kill you, right? ;)

I dont know how much it was exactly, 1mg 2 at most... well I passed out within hour or two woke up 6 hours later feeling like throwing up, fell asleep again not feeling so intense throwing up.. definetly feeling the subuxone still, its been 10 hours since, I try to redose with half of what I did yesterday and take only half of my daily benzo dose if even that.. because clonazepam has very long half-life.

Thanks for everyone for replies even though I couldnt read em 8)

oldhead said:
PLEASE PLEASE post how it goes. I am on my way to ending this shit.

How do you break the 8mg pill down to .2?? Or do you mean 2.0??

It's a lot easier to get off and break it down to tiny doses if you have the 2 mg pills. I'm guessing he definitely doesn't mean 2mg, that would be still be a tough dose to jump off with imo.

I went down to a guesstimated .1mg every 36 hours for my last 2-3 doses. I started on 8-10mg originally and eventually was down to 2mg for about 8months. I did a very slow taper that took about 2 months, but it was quite painless. A number of sweaty nights and a few rough days, but I managed to keep going to school and work and actually got my highest college gpa that semester.

I have to ask is this normal to opiate users to constantly fall a sleep and wake up again to fall alseep? thats what been happening to me today with bubre very low dose...

Status
Not open for further replies.