• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you've got the supply, I'd advise tapering all the way down to .25mg (or less, even) before jumping off. No sense in putting yourself through the stress and agony of w/d if you don't have to.

Provided bupe withdrawals aren't as intense as full agonists, that doesn't mean they don't suck and I have read some horror stories from those who have jumped from as low as 1mg.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I will plan on taper to .25mg or as low as I can to make this as "easy" as possible on myself.

I appreciate all your help. I have around ~14mg of suboxone left in my possession. Do you reckon that is enough to properly taper off to .25mg with the least discomfort as possible or should I get a couple more tablets?

phrozen said:
Yeah, lowest possible. I've stopped at 1mg, and at 2mg. It was a walk in the park compared to full agonist wd's.

At 1-2mg's; you're mostly looking at diarrhea, some insomnia, and PAWS.

I got a couple other minor ones when tapering down like muscle aches, night sweats, hot skin, but like you said it's a lot more manageable.

Doing a fairly short taper to a low dose would probably be your best bet. Work on lowering your dose down and then further spreading the time between doses.

Edit:
canj00feelit? said:
Thanks for the replies guys.

I will plan on taper to .25mg or as low as I can to make this as "easy" as possible on myself.

I appreciate all your help. I have around ~14mg of suboxone left in my possession. Do you reckon that is enough to properly taper off to .25mg with the least discomfort as possible or should I get a couple more tablets?

If you're already at 1mg, 14mgs should be enough. I'd work on getting used to 1mg for a few days (2-4) and maybe on the 3rd and 4th day, chip off little bits so it's actually slightly less than 1mg. Then just continue tapering on down to as low as you can get. It kind of depends on your regular schedule/plans to determine your tapering schedule though. Whatever feels comfortable for you.

I've been an almost non-dose the last few days somewhere around .1mg every 36 hrs (did a slow taper throughout the semester) I would have just jumped off, but had to finish off the semester. Good luck :)

Last edited:
BUMP
because it's annoying to see 10-15 suboxone threads on the front page every day. Ask your stupid intuitive "how long till I can take X after taking suboxone" questions here so you don't have to clog the forum.

(Or maybe we can have a 'big and dandy "I can't follow basic instructions nor can I understand that the guidelines for using full agonists after suboxone are simple but I'm too much of a simpleton to understand them so I better start a new thread every time even though the same exact question is already on the front page of OD 9 times, my question was 6mg suboxone at 5pm, his was 5mg suboxone at 6pm, this definitely warrants a different question" thread')

^
People could post their bupe questions here, but they should search first. Chances are they have been answered either in this thread, or elsewhere.

I really didn't intend for this thread to be the catchall bupe question thread filled with simple questions that have been answered ad nauseum. :|

Maybe not the end all, be all buprenorpine thread, but it would still work for those idiots who don't yet know how to switch from bupe to agonist back to bupe. Those questions only involve 1 answer [which can easily be found be searching, or knowing your body (which no one here can seem to do), instead of clogging the front page]
Whatever you desire phroz, though its allll up to you baby ;)

While I agree that everyone should search before posting a bupe question anywhere, it does kind of help that most of them make it in here rather than as a new thread in the forum. I dont know, I kind of like the idea that thread is the place to go for suboxone/bupe questions/answers. It was a great idea for a thread, I know that much.

We wouldnt have to worry about this thread or the forum becoming cluttered if everyone would just search first though.

IForgett said:
While I agree that everyone should search before posting a bupe question anywhere, it does kind of help that most of them make it in here rather than as a new thread in the forum. I dont know, I kind of like the idea that thread is the place to go for suboxone/bupe questions/answers. It was a great idea for a thread, I know that much.

We wouldnt have to worry about this thread or the forum becoming cluttered if everyone would just search first though.

Quoted for motherfucking Truth

In PD, you don't see 15 2c-b posts on the front page..... they have the big and dandy 2c-b thread. And it works. I wouldn't advocate doing that for all drugs, it just wouldn't make sense for most drugs, ie you can't have a "big and dandy heroin thread" cause that shit varies too much from location to location, person to person, etc. But for suboxone it makes sense. Especially because its asked SOOO much, and its always the same question, the numbers are just slightly different.

Just a few quick "Q's".

Why exactly does suboxone make people sick to the point of vomiting. Everyone I know that has used or uses suboxone recreationally get's sick 9 times out of 10. Personally i've never gotten nauseous from suboxone in the least, and i've done it plenty of times. For me it's one of the most pleasureable drugs i've ever done. Its cheap relatively abundant and an 8mg pill can potentially last my up to a month. Suboxone gives me pretty extreme euphoria along with a decent body high for 6-8 hours (nasally)
I'd like to note I work to keep a very low opiate tolerance, that may be why bupe works wonders.
Also i'm curious why others I know get a particular "irritability" that lasts anywhere from 10 minutes to a hour.

Last edited:
^ What hate? No one hates suboxone. A lot of us dont get recreational effects from it, so from a recreational standpoint, we dont like it. I love the drug for different reasons though. I depend on it everyday, as do many others.

As for your friends getting sick. Its simple. Buprenorphine is a potent opioid. They may be doing a tad bit too much or its just too strong of a drug for them.

Irritability is common with many opioids, and no one knows exactly why it happens.

sixpartseven said:
^ What hate? No one hates suboxone. A lot of us dont get recreational effects from it, so from a recreational standpoint, we dont like it. I love the drug for different reasons though. I depend on it everyday, as do many others.

As for your friends getting sick. Its simple. Buprenorphine is a potent opioid. They may be doing a tad bit too much or its just too strong of a drug for them.

Irritability is common with many opioids, and no one knows exactly why it happens.

What I don't really understand is that if I rail 4mg of suboxone and a comrade rails about .5mg they're puking their guts out and I don't get the least bit nauseous. (both of us with 0 tolerance)

^ Then you dont have zero tolerance. 4mg will have a non-tolerant user in a mess. Maybe you have a natural tolerance. I gave you the answer, I dont know what you are expecting anyone to say.

sixpartseven said:
^ Then you dont have zero tolerance. 4mg will have a non-tolerant user in a mess. Maybe you have a natural tolerance.

Sure, thanks.

johanneschimpo said:
Quoted for motherfucking Truth

In PD, you don't see 15 2c-b posts on the front page..... they have the big and dandy 2c-b thread. And it works. I wouldn't advocate doing that for all drugs, it just wouldn't make sense for most drugs, ie you can't have a "big and dandy heroin thread" cause that shit varies too much from location to location, person to person, etc. But for suboxone it makes sense. Especially because its asked SOOO much, and its always the same question, the numbers are just slightly different.

....'cept that people get lazy and don't read the most recent posts so questions don't get answered, at which point i feel a new thread can be warranted, depending on the topic.

anyway, my question is regarding bupe and cigs....has anyone noticed that the pleasure garnered from cigs is lessened and sometimes almost reversed (in non-addict smokers)? is this due to the naloxone?

it seems that suboxone makes a lot of other substances much less appealing where they had been before (eg, alcohol). does this happen to people on bupe without naloxone?

i feel like a lot of drugs don't give me the highs they used to ranging from acid to mdma to alcohol to ambien to ketamine and now the occasional cig as well.

could naloxone be making everything less euphoric?

edit: presumably methadone wouldn't have this effect since there is no naloxone if what i'm suggesting could have any truth in it anyway. is it true that most methadone users look like they are totally stoned all of the time (what a lot of junkies themselves say....i've never met anyone on MMT) and that it impairs cognitive functioning, or is that just on an unnecessarily high dose? i'd totally go the methadone route if i could get the occasional high (not on opiates, just in general) and then when i decided to get off, i'd go from M to a short-acting ope to bupe and then jump off that.

Last edited:
I'm a real fan of methadone but I'd have to say bupe. but I guess it depends on the person. you should try Suboxone though, it works really good for some people. to me, methadone feels WAY better!

think he was kinda responding to my last question although, on offense Bonnie, he kinda missed the point (is it worth it to switch to meth to get occasionL higha from non-opes if one can't do so on bupe...

^ Ok I got ya.

If you want my opinion, no, its not worth it. You can still get high while on bupe. I do it all the time (about to in an hour or so.)

If you do it too soon, the bupe will diminish the high, but from my experience, 18 hours is a good enough time to wait so that the bupe wont affect whatever opiate you are going to do. If waiting to take your next dose is the problem, all you need to do is wait 18 - 24 hours (possibly less. ive waitied as little as 12) before taking your next dose of bupe. Or, just wait till signs of physical withdrawal set in. Youll be fine.

Methadone is a harder drug to get off, and its quite easy to make it a worse addiction than what you had before. Also, if you are looking to get high off the methadone, youll be able to at first maybe, but after the first couple weeks you wont be able to anymore.

anyway, my question is regarding bupe and cigs....has anyone noticed that the pleasure garnered from cigs is lessened and sometimes almost reversed (in non-addict smokers)? is this due to the naloxone?
No, I actually smoke more on bupe. And all opiates for that matter. Some time ago, someone created a thread about this very topic. I think it was about smoking on bupe. It might have been about drinking on bupe as well, or was that a different thread? Anywho, most people said they smoke more on bupe.

I don't think the naloxone would play any part in this. It's SL BA is horrible, and bupe's affinity doesn't allow it to bind to your receptors...

^ Agreed. Though I don't really 'feel' my daily dose anymore, about an hour after dosing I always have a STRONG urge to smoke a cigarette.

Status
Not open for further replies.