• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if I'm offering any insight here, but...

My personal experience with bupe was... weird.
I had no intention of abusing the bupes - I took them as prescribed, to kick my heroin habit.

At first, I was prescribed 2mg, 4x a day, and the results were incredible. It REALLY helped relieve w/d symptoms, and completely killed my craving for heroin. I was optimistic!
The next day, I was told to up my dose: 4mg, 4x a day.
And then, I went through hell. Vomiting, chills, pain, anxiety... horror.
I suppose it's what they call a precipitaded withdrawal, but it made no sense to me, since the first day worked so well!

So, without consulting my doctor, I went back to my comfortable 2mg, 4x a day.
Again, success. I continued this routine for the next 10 days, until I foolishly assumed I was "cured".

Day 1 off bupe: still no withdrawal symptoms. but... the craving was back with a vengeance.
That very same day, I relapsed. HARD.
It's been 3 months since the relapse, and not only am I a "full-time addict", I've been using more than EVER!

So I guess what I'm trying to say is... if quitting heroin is why you chose to go on bupe (instead of trying to catch a worthless buzz), follow the instructions EXACTLY as prescribed. If you feel something isn't quite right in your dosage, tell your doctor. Maintenance is important, and I can't stress that enough.

I've decided to try suboxone one more time, and it's been some 30-something hours since I kissed heroin goodbye. (aaaannnnddd i'm hurtin'. lol)

Good luck to everyone recovering, and again I stress: if you're on bupe for "legitimate reasons", make sure your doctor is VERY well-informed about your level of addiction, so he can properly dose you.

Cheers!

cold as life said:
Yo- enoughorangejuice...
if your post was directed to me, i meant , how much woud I need to get high on a full antagonist opiate, not suboxone, Im talking about getting OFF the subs for a few days and getting some Ocs/Percs/Morphine/etc. I was trying to ask, giving my prior tolerance to oxycontin (160-200mg) and heroin (no more than 5 bags, and ended up in detox before i got to into the skag)....im saying, its been a year and a half since ive touched any REAL opiates, ive been on suboxone since then...but I want to get high on some real shit. Believe me I know I cant get high on my Subs..Im trying to gauge how much I would need in terms of MG's that would take to get high...Like if I got off the subs for 2 dys (gradually dropping from 4mg to 0mg) would I still have to go out and buy 2 0c80's for a 1 day high? or would I be able to maybe buy a bunch of 40s and get high for a couple days..I realize theres no guaranteed way to know, Im just wondering from everyones personal experience with this. Did you have to go straight back to your huge opiate dose to get high? Im wondering mainly oxys, methadone, percs, vicodin, morphine. I dont IV. Thanks !

ooh... well i always have relapsed and used morphine or oxycodone when i still had a decent amount of bupe in my system... but luckily i only take 0.5-1mg a day of bupe so i can usually shoot/sniff my way thru it's connection to my opioid receptors... but if i took a 60mg shot to get high before suboxone, it takes at least that to get high now with taking bupe 12-48 hours prior to the oxycodone shot... last time i shot up (maybe 1.5 weeks ago) i had taken 0.5mg of bupe in the AM and shot 60-70mg of roxicodone + 25mg diphen + 20mg dexmethylphenidate about 15 hours later and felt godlike... i think if i had sniffed it tho i would have needed around 80mg... so i'm guessing if you STILL have any bupe in your system you'll need at least 120mg if you were using 160 back when abusing... suboxone doesn't seem to lower / adjust my tolerance at all, stays the same for me... but always start low of course especially when IV'ing... oh damn, JUST saw your last line "i don't IV"... well in that case, you will need prob 120-140mg of oxycodone insuffilated at least... if could be wrong so start lower... but i doubt your tolerance has changed at all...

Thanks man, Thats fucking crazy though!!! A year and a half later I would still need a retarded amount of opiates to get high! Suboxone is such an interesting/annoying drug haha. Cuz personally for me, if I dont take my dose I get anxiety, cold chills, stomachace and depression, very fast, so its really really hard to stop taking it. Im only taking 2 halfs a day, which comes out to 8mg a day...Im gonna ween down to about 4mg a day, hopefully down to about 2mg, then it will be alot easier to get high. I can get heroin again, so thats a plus, cuz a gram of heroin will cost me the same as like 160mg of oxy, while a gram of skag will be way more than that amount of oxy. Its crazy that Ive been on suboxone for a year and a half , almost two years now, with one little vacation a year ago, and STILL i would need the same amount! Wild...Oh, and I havent shot anything because its not acceptable in my social circle, I dont really chill with junkies, more sellers and recreational users...so its not that Im against shooting or wouldnt do it, Its just too much work to go get needles , learn how to get the shit right, just to double my mental addiction and fuck myself up worse, ya know, haha. No disrespect to IV'ers , one day I will try...But thats another topic. Thanks for the help enoughornagejuice, I appreciate it a ton! I think I will do a very slow taper from 8mg to 4mg, and get myself stable at 2-4mg of Bupe....than get ahold of some benzos, save up some money and wait for the right time. For now, im alright just smoking up Happy easter bro!

I had another question... I chose METHADONE over SUBOXONE because of the effects methadone has, IE sedation and helps control my anxiety... because it is not a antognist...

So my question would be what's the difference between SUBUTEX and SUBOXONE.... I know one has naltrexone in it and one does not. So I mean the SUBUTEX must make you feel some OPIOID effects like METHADONE compared to none from the SUBOXONE...

Does anyone have any experience using SUBUTEX over SUBOXONE, or talked to anyone and know any differance... Because basically I would love to take SUBUTEX if it had similar effects like the METHADONE where as you could get high off of it if you had no tolerance (I don't want to get high, but I do want to experience the effects the methadone gives me like the sedation and anxiety help..)

So basically, I am wondering does SUBUTEX actually get you high like methadone... If I lowered my METHADONE to the point I could move it over to SUBUTEX, would I still feel the same narcotic analgesic effects I get from the METHADONE?

This is because when I first tried SUBOXONE before I went onto METHADONE as a last resort, I did not feel withdrawels but however I still had insane cravings for the OPIATE high, compared to now when I am on METHADONE I have zero cravings at all.

Thanks.

Basically why do they make subutex and suboxone.. whats the differance

I am so glad I found this site. You all have been so helpull ,I thank you one and all.

trichr0me said:
So basically, I am wondering does SUBUTEX actually get you high like methadone... If I lowered my METHADONE to the point I could move it over to SUBUTEX, would I still feel the same narcotic analgesic effects I get from the METHADONE?

I was on methadone for a few months but Iv been on/off Subutex for more than two years now. These two drugs are not alike in the least bit. Methadone is much like real norcotics and the subutex is not even close.

The few good things about subutex vs. suboxone are only realy relivent when your shooting it(wich is a waste, save your veins for the good drugs). And you can take it maybe a little sooner than the suboxone(I only wait 16-19hours after my last shot).

Though Methadone will make you feel better/high, I wouldn't switch from subutex to done. Im very happy with Buprenorphine/subutex.

thugpassion said:
I was on methadone for a few months but Iv been on/off Subutex for more than two years now. These two drugs are not alike in the least bit. Methadone is much like real norcotics and the subutex is not even close.

The few good things about subutex vs. suboxone are only realy relivent when your shooting it(wich is a waste, save your veins for the good drugs). And you can take it maybe a little sooner than the suboxone(I only wait 16-19hours after my last shot).

Though Methadone will make you feel better/high, I wouldn't switch from subutex to done. Im very happy with Buprenorphine/subutex.

I have to agree with all of this. Although I would like to get on methadone for the high it's just not worth the side effects (I.E. hardcore addiction/dependence). You wont get high from subutex/suboxone unless you don't have a tolerance. The two are essentially the same taken in pretty much any fashion. Don't shoot either of these pills. Waste of time and energy.

"intranasal: 50%, sublingual: ~30%". I know this is a dumb question but does this mean you get more out of the pill snorting it thus making my prescription last longer? I am currently on suboxone not subutex so please let me know. Sorry for the stupid question if it is.

mikey im sposed to be on 24mg a day, but i only take b/w 2-4mg a day, depending on how i feel

i always snort my dose because it hits quicker and theres better absorption, as you found out.

its okay to snort your bupe, ive been doin it for damn near 3 months now. kinda time to give my nose a break i think

MikeyMike125 said:
"intranasal: 50%, sublingual: ~30%". I know this is a dumb question but does this mean you get more out of the pill snorting it thus making my prescription last longer? I am currently on suboxone not subutex so please let me know. Sorry for the stupid question if it is.

Yeah, it does mean that, but you have to make sure you snort it right. If it drips down your throat, the oral bioavailability is actually worse than either of the other two methods, so you want to make sure that doesn't happen. (It's something like 20% orally.)

^ Exactly, and its really hard to keep all that bitter orange crap up there. Make sure if you do snort it, you dont snort more than 2mg at once. Anything more is way too much and you will be wasting a lot.

Ive been snorting my suboxone the whole time Ive been on it (a year) and it works perfect.

sixpartseven said:
Not at all. In fact, I must smoke a cigarette when my suboxone begins to kick in. I smoke like I normally do while on it too. It doesnt make me sick at all.

Its probably people that get high off suboxone that puke when they smoke on it. Its easy for cigarettes to increase the nausea when high on opiates.
Ditto.

Some people react differently, though, I suppose.

So when I snort my suboxone how do I not let it drip??? also does anyone else notice that they smoke a hell of alot more cigarettes when on suboxone? I like smoke back to back whenever they first kick in I don know why.

^ Yeah. Same here. I take it sublingually, and about an hour or so after, the urge to smoke is huge. I don't enjoy my first cigarette of the day unless I take my suboxone first.

To not make it drip, you just have to be careful how "hard" you snort it. Hard enough to get it up into the nasal passages, but not to hard that it just shoots through and down the back of your throat. If you've done cocaine (or anything really, but coke is the best example because its nasal bioavailability is good but its oral BA sucks, like suboxone) then you should know approximately how to snort it.

has anyone noticed that the suboxone pills are a lighter orange color than they used to be? they also seem to dissolve faster. its like they feel lighter too. maybe ive been smoking too much weed.

johanneschimpo said:
^ Yeah. Same here. I take it sublingually, and about an hour or so after, the urge to smoke is huge. I don't enjoy my first cigarette of the day unless I take my suboxone first.

To not make it drip, you just have to be careful how "hard" you snort it. Hard enough to get it up into the nasal passages, but not to hard that it just shoots through and down the back of your throat. If you've done cocaine (or anything really, but coke is the best example because its nasal bioavailability is good but its oral BA sucks, like suboxone) then you should know approximately how to snort it.
so basically I just snort it slowly? I've done coke before and I just snort it all up as much as I can, never really thought about how soft or hard I snorted.

has anyone noticed that the suboxone pills are a lighter orange color than they used to be? they also seem to dissolve faster. its like they feel lighter too. maybe ive been smoking too much weed.

yup, i just took some for the first time in about 2 years and that was the first thing I noticed. "Hey, these things used to be darker orange!" I cannot find anywhere on the net that accounts for this, but hey, it still works like a champ. What a miracle drug (for those of us that it works on). I really cannot imagine a habit bad enough to take 32mg a day, damn! O.K thinking about a second, I guess I can imagine a habit that big! As far as smoking lot's of cigarettes when on suboxone goes, I always smoke more when in withdrawal. Any way, good thread, thanks to everyone who put their thoughts and info in on it.

umm I really haven't had a chance to read this whole thread to see if my answer may be in here or not, but I'm going to ask anyways.
I'm on a waiting list for methadone maintenance, But it will be almost 4-5months before there is a spot open to get me in. And so now my mom found a doctor to write me a script for suboxone... I suppose my point of all this is...can someone tell me what might be better?? Ive replased twice since i left rehab, which was less then 2 weeks ago...I guess I'm just looking for some advice...I feel very lost at this point... thank you

when i was on subutex, when i snorted it... when the drip came, i would sort of regurgitate it (like when you got some phlegm in your throat) into my mouth n keep it under my tongue for a bit... bit dirty but stops it from going to the stomach where it will have no effect...

Status
Not open for further replies.