• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you VERY MUCH for the quick and informed responses. Followup questions...

Let's say (hypothetically of course) that I AM physically dependent on pods. Let's say I dose raw grounds 1-2 times daily. Let's also say that the day I take the Suboxone, it will have only been 24 hours since my last pod dose. Should I just forget about it and give the Suboxone back? If I feel like shit after taking it, will I be able to take a pod dose and feel fine again? This is starting to sound like more trouble than it's worth. Is there a safe way to dose on Suboxone without interrupting my pod schedule by more than 24 hours? Thanks, all!

I don't think you'll feel like shit after taking it, but it's hard to say. I don't know how long the active alkaloids in pods take to wear off.

It's hard to say as I'm not a pod user, but I used to switch between heroin and suboxone and it wasn't hard to switch for 24 hours. I have just stuck to Suboxone for the last 11 months (in a few days), as I got sick of switching.

However, if pods wear off within 24 hours of dosing, then I am sure you will have no problem trying 1mg suboxone.

Okay, so it's been 3 hours since I dosed. I felt great about an hour ago, but now I'm starting to get a headache and my body is generally starting to feel bad. What's the deal?

I'm not really sure. Some people get headaches from buprenorphine (not everyone has entirely positive responses to thebaine derivatives), however it is possible that 2mg isn't enough to cover how you feel from coming down off of hydrocodone. Therefore, you could try taking some more; but you also want to make sure you won't feel worse from it. If you do take more, don't take any more than another 2mg - if you feel even worse, I wouldn't take any more Suboxone. If you feel better, then maybe you just need a little bit higher of a dose than you originally did.

Thanks. I might try 3-4mg tomorrow. Is there a trick to sublingually taking a pill? It just felt like it was dissolving and I was swallowing it rather than it being absorbed.

I had posted in v3.0 about my dental surgery. I've been on suboxone 2mg per day for 3 years or so. I had emergency dental surgery sunday. My last dose of 2mg suboxone was friday at 10 or 11am. Sunday I took 10 vicoprofen (7.5mg hydrocodone 200mg ibuprofen) and it did nothing at all.

Today the doctor increased my dose and called in Norcor (10mg hydrocodone 325 tylenol) I am allowed to take 2 every 4-6 hours. I have taken 12 today and it has done NOTHING but ward off withdrawal from suboxone. It is not controlling my pain. So basically 75mgs of hydrocodone sunday did nothing, and today 120mgs of hydrocodone did keep me out of withdrawal but no pain relief. Tomorrow will be 4 days since my last dose of suboxone. Do you think by then the norcor will work better? Or do you think because I have abused drugs in the past that it has altered my perception of pain or lowered my tolerance to pain?

There are one or two things going on here. My tolerance is still really high (which is BS because I take a mere 2mg per day unlike tons of people who take 16-24mgs), or the buprenorphine has not yet left my receptors. Do you think its one of those or both or whats going on here? I seriously think that a dental surgery should never warrant anything stronger than hydrocodone unless you're having a jaw reconstruction or a TMJ surgery...

I'm seriously about ready to go buy a duragesic patch...contradicting myself, i know.....this is so irritating...because to my dentist and my suboxone doctor it appears as though I am drug seekeng....I think this is more of a pseudo-addiction taking place because I am seeking pain relief NOT a high...what should I do?

A friend said to go to an urgent care clinic and explain the situation or just go to the ER if it doesnt get better.

Thanks in advance....

If you've been taking pods daily i would wait minimum 48 hours.. One time i waited 2 days after drinking tea and still went into withdrawal

But do you what you want..

Also 2mgs should be plenty to start out... just place underneath your tongue maybe tilt your head foward chin down to chest.. try to swallow all your saliva before your place it under tongue

Pods stay in your system VERY Long... Just make sure your pupils are dilated and you are feeling withdrawal and you will be ok

and oxy why dont you just go back to taking ur subs man? its a combination of both.. but no way in hell your gonna feel any hydro if you've been on2 mgs of sub... also IMO subs kick ass for killing pain.... way way better than HYDRO dude....

it just sounds to me like you were driving a cadilac and now ur driving a toyota.. maybe that was a bad example but u get my point..

If i was having surgery and i had a choice between subs and hydro... subs all the way even if i was already on maint

Last edited:
Thanks. I might try 3-4mg tomorrow. Is there a trick to sublingually taking a pill? It just felt like it was dissolving and I was swallowing it rather than it being absorbed.

You can try using some high proof alcohol to help the pill dissolve rather quickly - then you can just spit the alcohol and remnants of the pill out of your mouth after 5 or 10 minutes.

I had posted in v3.0 about my dental surgery. I've been on suboxone 2mg per day for 3 years or so. I had emergency dental surgery sunday. My last dose of 2mg suboxone was friday at 10 or 11am. Sunday I took 10 vicoprofen (7.5mg hydrocodone 200mg ibuprofen) and it did nothing at all.

Today the doctor increased my dose and called in Norcor (10mg hydrocodone 325 tylenol) I am allowed to take 2 every 4-6 hours. I have taken 12 today and it has done NOTHING but ward off withdrawal from suboxone. It is not controlling my pain. So basically 75mgs of hydrocodone sunday did nothing, and today 120mgs of hydrocodone did keep me out of withdrawal but no pain relief. Tomorrow will be 4 days since my last dose of suboxone. Do you think by then the norcor will work better? Or do you think because I have abused drugs in the past that it has altered my perception of pain or lowered my tolerance to pain?

There are one or two things going on here. My tolerance is still really high (which is BS because I take a mere 2mg per day unlike tons of people who take 16-24mgs), or the buprenorphine has not yet left my receptors. Do you think its one of those or both or whats going on here? I seriously think that a dental surgery should never warrant anything stronger than hydrocodone unless you're having a jaw reconstruction or a TMJ surgery...

I'm seriously about ready to go buy a duragesic patch...contradicting myself, i know.....this is so irritating...because to my dentist and my suboxone doctor it appears as though I am drug seekeng....I think this is more of a pseudo-addiction taking place because I am seeking pain relief NOT a high...what should I do?

A friend said to go to an urgent care clinic and explain the situation or just go to the ER if it doesnt get better.

Thanks in advance....

To be fair, it sounds like hydrocodone isn't enough for analgesia for you, personally. Even for me, I don't know how 75mg of hydrocodone would effect me at all; it might help me out with pain, it might not.

Buprenorphine is such a potent opiate that it is possible that other lower potency opiates aren't going to seem as useful anymore. Maybe you can explain that you don't think hydrocodone is working for you, and that maybe an equipotent dose of oxycodone may help more. Some people respond better to oxy than hydro, or vice versa.

also IMO subs kick ass for killing pain.... way way better than HYDRO dude....

See; I agree. However, others wouldn't. Some people get next to nothing when it comes to analgesia and Suboxone. Yet, I've also met people who say that Suboxone has excellent analgesic properties and has about half the analgesic potential of heroin, without any of the tolerance associated with the analgesic effects of morphine/heroin administered in the same environment (i.e. hospital bed).

It varies for one person to the next. I know for me, I would probably get better analgesic effects out of buprenorphine, and would probably need a moderate dose of morphine (or something more potent) for pain. Unless I was in moderate/severe pain, I would stick to buprenorphine. Even in severe pain, buprenorphine is excellent when combined with weed, or K, or benzos (midazolam, lorazepam, etc).

Last edited:
For those patients who need a little financial help when it comes to Buprenorphine, here is a link to sign up for a free months worth of Suboxone, offered by Reckitt-Benckiser.

RECKITT BENCKISER
Patient Assistance Program
Patient assistance programs (PAPs) are programs created by drug companies, such as RECKITT BENCKISER, to offer free or low cost drugs to individuals who are unable to pay for their medication. These Programs may also be called indigent drug programs, charitable drug programs or medication assistance programs. Most of the best known and most prescribed drugs can be found in these programs. All of the major drug companies have patient assistance programs, although every company has different eligibility and application requirements.

The RECKITT BENCKISER patient assistance program offers free medication to people who otherwise cannot afford their medications. Patients must meet financial and other program specific criteria to be eligible for assistance.

To find out how to apply for medication assistance from the RECKITT BENCKISER patient assistance program, visit our Patient Center and use our Database to search for the medication needed.

For a complete listing of RECKITT BENCKISER medications available through their patient assistance programs, see below:

Suboxone Patient Assistance Program
The medications available through this program are:
Suboxone (buprenorphine hci)

Suboxone Patient Assistance Program, a patient assistance program provided by Reckitt Benckiser, offers a month long supply of Suboxone at no cost to those who are eligible for the program. Eligibility is based off of the following requirements:

- You must not be covered by private or public health insurance.

- You must have an annual income less than or equal to: $25,000 for an individual, $34,500 for a family consisting of two members, and $43,000 for a family consisting of three members.

- You must be at least sixteen years of age.

The medication must be sent to the physicians office.

Those eligible for Medicare Part D but not enrolled may still be eligible.

http://www.rxassist.org/pap-info/company_detail.cfm?CmpId=173

Also, most states if not all of them have non-Medicaid government insurance programs that will cover most if not all BMT and MMT treatment. A little checking around your local State and County websites will turn up available programs.

Need information on Suboxone

I am looking for a straight forward answer here, but any help is appreciated.

I've only been on suboxone since friday (today makes 5 days). I took 2mgs of suboxone orally around 11 (give or take), and snorted another 2mgs a couple (2-3) hours later. I'm wondering how long I have to wait until i can sniff this 80mg OC.

If you've been doing 4mgs a day for 5 days then I would wait a minimum of 30 hours but 48 if you can make it that long (I never can). I normally buy an extra 40 or 80 to do slowly while I am waiting for all the sub to stop blocking. Oh and I really hope that you meant to type you took your sub sublingually instead of orally because just swallowing the pill doesnt do shit! How much OC do you normally do at once?

I didn't just swallow it, put it under the tougne and let it dissolve, couldn't think of / didn't no a better term. I haven't done an OC in a while, but anywhere from 80mgs up to 240mgs I guess. Today's been really stressfull and I know I have an 80 lying around in my room, I wanna take it, but don't want to waste it.

Well what I normally do is take my 2mg of sub early in the morning then the next morning when I wake up I will wait as long as possible to do my OC. Which is normally less than 10 mins :p But if you are really wanting to get 90% or more out of your OC then I would wait till the 2nd morning to take it....If I wait 24 hours after 2mg sub I will feel an 80 but it is kinda hit and miss. Sometimes I will want more and not feel much and sometimes I will be nodding out hardcore. Its really a personal thing that you have to experience for yourself so you know.....

Ya I hear you. Doing it today would be entirely wasteful then I conclude? Does it matter that I sniff an 80 all in one line? Is there anything that can be done to speed up this process?

So today was a terrible day. The swelling is just beginning to get worse. I woke up in moderate withdrawal. But by about 2pm I was in full withdrawal. Runny nose, watery eyes, goose bumps, diarrhea, cramps, etc. Not as bad as methadone withdrawal but its something I have not felt in such a long time. I am kind of glad that I experienced that because it was a reminder of all the hard times I had went through in my life. I would not wish opiate withdrawal on my worst enemy. So I took 2mgs of suboxone. Felt a little better but my pupils were still dialated. I took another mg (3mgs total) and after an hour I felt great. My doctor wants me to take 2mgs in the morning and then 1mg 3 more times throughout the day. I feel so much better but my mouth is still throbbing. If that does not solve the problem he said I can just go into the ER and get buprenorphine injections as needed. I don't see why I couldnt do it myself, just an IM not IV injection. Theres always abuse potential so I can kind of see why he didnt feel comfortable having me do injections at home.

You have to weigh in everything. For all the years I've been on this without ANY problems, one bump in the road is not that bad. Besides if I would have had access to oxycodone today, being in full withdrawal, I more than likely would've insuflated it which would have been a relapse. Even though it wouldn't have gotten me high and just gotten me out of pain it still would have been abusing the medicine.

But seriously, I had no idea that being on just 2mgs of this stuff would have kept my opiate tolerance so high. In a way, its good because combine that with bupes high affinity, it keeps people from experiencing euphoria. BUt in the event someone thats on suboxone needs pain relief, you're kinda SOL. Well ta ta for now, I'm going to go soak in the tub, take some motrin, and try not to be depressed.

Yes doing your 80 tonight would definitely waste a majority of its effects. I know how hard it is to wait when you just let your sub dissolve under your tongue then your connect finally calls you back saying he will be there in 20 mins. There is no way I used to be able to wait and I have wasted many a 80 doing that shit. Makes me feel like I have NO control; which is basically true. The way you sniff it will not affect how sub blocks your receptors. But doing little lines is more effective when your receptors are free. I used to do an 80 in a line till I broke up an 80 with a hose clamp and made 14-16 little lines and did 2 every 5-10 mins. I have never sniffed it any other way since. It lasts way longer, is more fun, and your not wasting as much :)

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel. I have no control. You say doing little lines is more effective? I doubt I'd be able to make 14 lines out of it, but I'll definately try smaller lines. How exactly am I wasting it by sniffing it in one line? I always thought the faster I used it, the more effective. Guess you learn something new everyday huh. Keep responding, you've peaked my interest.

have you ever snorted an 80 in one line then breathed out or coughed right after? The cloud you see is oxy material that your body couldnt handle all at once. At least thats what I have been told and i believe it. Also, the mucous membranes in your nose can only absorb a certain amount of oxy at a time so when you do it all at once your membranes get coated then the rest of it either goes down your throat or into your lungs. Either way it isnt being absorbed by your mucous membranes like you want! If you grate an 80 from a hose clamp it is fairly easy to make lines that are about 5-7mgs each. I will grate half an 80 and make 8 lines no problem. Just give it a try. My buddies girl swears by the PED-EGG to grate it but I love my hose clamp :)

Buprenorphine is a thebaine derivative with powerful analgesia approximately twenty-five to forty times as potent as morphine.....

shit is the bomb...

i fell and scraped my knee and didnt realize it until 5 hours later lol its bad bloody and everything

-> Suboxone Mega Thread

Try looking at the OD Mega Thread & FAQ list before creating a thread on a drug that's already been made for you.

I am looking for a straight forward answer here, but any help is appreciated.

I've only been on suboxone since friday (today makes 5 days). I took 2mgs of suboxone orally around 11 (give or take), and snorted another 2mgs a couple (2-3) hours later. I'm wondering how long I have to wait until i can sniff this 80mg OC.

You probably want to wait at least 24 hours, if not longer.

Even then, how you will feel on 80mg of oxycodone may be different after using buprenorphine for five days. We really don't allow these kinds of questions as a thread on its own in OD, so I merged it here for you.

BUt in the event someone thats on suboxone needs pain relief, you're kinda SOL.

Honestly, I get great analgesic relief from buprenorphine.

Plus, you're not SOL - you just need a higher potency opiate. I can definitely say that within 12 to 18 hours after having done buprenorphine I could do heroin to very good effect. I don't use heroin anymore though, and I don't advise people use it unless they have severe pain (which it is great for).

Yeah, that's exactly how I feel. I have no control. You say doing little lines is more effective? I doubt I'd be able to make 14 lines out of it, but I'll definately try smaller lines. How exactly am I wasting it by sniffing it in one line? I always thought the faster I used it, the more effective. Guess you learn something new everyday huh. Keep responding, you've peaked my interest.

The oral BA of oxycodone is higher than the snorted BA of oxycodone; hence you would get more out of it merely eating the pill.

However, taking smaller amounts over a longer period of time allows more of it to hit your actual nasal membrane, whereas snorting more of it at once yields a lot of it going down your throat and less of it getting to your nasal membrane.

If that does not solve the problem he said I can just go into the ER and get buprenorphine injections as needed. I don't see why I couldnt do it myself, just an IM not IV injection. Theres always abuse potential so I can kind of see why he didnt feel comfortable having me do injections at home.
He doesn't want you doing this yourself because doctors hate people who self-medicate, especially with a needle. Whenever someone does it themselves, it takes a lot of (potential) money away from health professionals who would be doing that job.

The fact of the matter is, it would be a lot easier and cost effective to give you a prescription for a box of needles and a few vials of Buprenex. However, how are other people going to make their salary when we're resorting to cost-effective solutions?

Last edited:
Ok. Wasn't aware of that Captain. Just thought by making it a thread I'd have a better chance of getting the straight forward answer I wanted. Duly noted for next time though.

welcome

Ok. Wasn't aware of that Captain. Just thought by making it a thread I'd have a better chance of getting the straight forward answer I wanted. Duly noted for next time though.

It's OK you have a post count of 6, it's not like you've been here forever and should know any better.

Welcome to Blue Light, by the way. Feel free to post a thread in New Member Introductions, and be sure to read some basic links about OD if you haven't already:

OD Posting Standards
OD Mega Thread & FAQ Threads
OD Directory

The first link is the most essential; the 2nd and 3rd are places where you can find links to major OD threads.

Enjoy Blue Light and feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

-C.H.

Status
Not open for further replies.