• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone/Buprenorphine FAQ and Megathread v.1; 2007 - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
a few things:

1). this thread should ALWAYS be on the first page, if not stickied, and the original post is PERFECT for a sticky topic (has a great description and information about the drug, which is gaining a lot of popularity and users and is EXTREMELY popular for a drug that has been FDA approved for opioid dependence for 5.5 years (was out in the 80's in 0.2mg doses for pain i think)

2). my daily dose of suboxone is two doses, one in AM and one after dinner early-to late PM. each dose is around 0.15-0.60mg. average total daily dose = ~0.80-1.0mg

3). last dose was 8:45am today. now its 11:34. i took ~0.35-0.50mg. i took 50mg of oxycodone IR at 9:30pm and 10mg at 9:45pm, would i have to wait a FULL 24 hours on the dot? (i have done something like this before, but i used 30mg one day, then 30mg the next + 15mg hydro, and waited 24 hours to the minute and went thur about 16 hours of shitty W/D. this time i took one big dose to kick those sticky bupe bastards off my mu-opioid receptors so i could have some room for the OC-IR. haven't had any opioid besides bupe (suboxone) in 10 days. my tolerance is way lower, and 30mg would have been fine if i wasn't on the sub anymore i'd think.

4). ANYWAY, so my question is can i take it after 12 hours? (the 0.25-0.45mg suboxone). or 16 hours? or 20 hours? or 22 hours? when would be the EARLIEST i could take it without risking going into worse W/D?

5). what actually happens if i took it TOO early and i caused me to go into W/D or whatever happens? and how long does THAT last until you can take the sub again to feel better (no more W/D)?

thanks.
EOJ

Last edited:
anyone?? i kinda need to know... its already wearing off... and w/d will start the moment i wake up drenched in sweat with chills and hot flashes.

Its impossible for somebody to tell you an actual # of hours to wait before dosing w/ suboxone.
Simply put, all you have to do it wait until you feel mild discomfort / withdrawal symptoms, then you know you're safe to take the sub.

^ really? ok sounds good, but what would you think would be the MINIMUM time to wait, 12 hours ?

and what happens if you dose too early, you go into W/D ? how long does it last, and when can you re-take the suboxone to get rid of THAT w/d?

the suboxone kills the wd after the first hour or so of hell. And yes 12 hours is the MINIMUM time you should wait assuming you get #4 heroin or oxycontin or something of the like. Effects will be diminished but you get a clean opiate high once you break the threshold of the affinity.

Oy, almost off!

Can't have been on much more than .2-.3mg the last 2/3 days. Was on .5mg or less for 10 days before that. Feeling good; more energetic, feeling better in general, sex drive WAY UP!

I've been tapering very slowly for 2 months now. There were a few rough days and tougher weeks, but it hasn't been that bad. Though I'm not completely done yet...it starts feeling better as you go down though, once you're adjusted.

enoughorangejuice? said:
^ really? ok sounds good, but what would you think would be the MINIMUM time to wait, 12 hours ?

and what happens if you dose too early, you go into W/D ? how long does it last, and when can you re-take the suboxone to get rid of THAT w/d?

12 hours is a good minimum. Yes, you will go into withdrawal, but it only lasts for around a half hour, then youll start to feel as you normally would from your dose. DO NOT take more suboxone to try and rid you of that withdrawal either. That will only make it worse. The only way to reverse that withdrawal is with more of the drug you had taken before the suboxone.

Carl Landrover said:
Oy, almost off!

Can't have been on much more than .2-.3mg the last 2/3 days. Was on .5mg or less for 10 days before that. Feeling good; more energetic, feeling better in general, sex drive WAY UP!

I've been tapering very slowly for 2 months now. There were a few rough days and tougher weeks, but it hasn't been that bad. Though I'm not completely done yet...it starts feeling better as you go down though, once you're adjusted.

Thats awesome man. It sounds like you are about ready to jump off the suboxone. .2mg is the perfect dose to quit at. Good luck dude, but youve done good so far so I dont think youll actually be needing me to wish you luck.

mr Bungle said:
Iforget you say you have prity much ''fucked yourself''. I have found things can look pritty grim, with no way out with opite addiction, but just round the corner things can happen, good things. (i know that sounds gay, and you probley have heared it all a hunderd times before) Try and keep you chin up... (I hope that doesnt sound as patronising as it reads)

Thats not patronising at all. I appreciate the kind words. Thanks, words that like that do help.

^ does anybody else agree or know that the W/D will only last <1 hr if one were to take suboxone 10-12 hours after taking a 20mg dose of oxycodone.

^ I sent you a PM.

You dont have to worry about the w/d lasting long. That was one of my huge fears when I first started IVing suboxone. The first time I did it, I was sent in to very bad withdrawal and started freaking out because I thought it would last a long time. It didnt though. It was about 45 minutes. Since then, Ive been in precipitated withdrawal about 15 - 20 times, and it has never lasted any longer than 45 minutes. Most of the time its only about 25 - 30 minutes.

You gotta remember this is with IV use too, so in my case the w/d is a lot worse than it would be with you if since you arent IVing. If you snort or sublingual it, it will last no longer than 15 - 20 minutes, and it will be a lot less intense, if it happens at all. From june to october, I snorted my suboxone everyday, and everytime I did it after using heroin the previous night, all that happened was I had to shit for like 15 minutes, then I was fine.

^^^^why do you put yourself in precip wd so much? I would not do that to myself cause of some horror stories i heard. Were you coming of methadone or something? that is the only situation i think i would do it and even then i'd wait 3 days for the methadone to subside.

ps i am going to give an orange nostril salute to his thread now :)

^ I know it sounds stupid to do, but Ive got a method now to how I use my suboxone after doing dope, and sometimes It will cause me to w/d, but its not as bad as it could be. Ive figured the minimum amount of time I can wait before IVing suboxone so that the w/d's will be very minimal if I do happen to w/d.

It goes like this: One day Ill use dope and take my last shot of dope at 5pm. Ill wait till 5pm the next day, then shoot suboxone. I guess it depends on the dopes quality, but sometimes Ill w/d after shooting the suboxone, and sometimes I wont. When I do w/d it really only lasts about 20 minutes, and its not that uncomfortable. I guess Ive just gotten used to it or have come to expect it. Once it fades, I feel my normal effects from the suboxone.

I cant take suboxone any other way anymore. Im only allowed 4mg a day and any other method of administration doesnt work. I have to IV it to get the effects I need, but its still not enough. One shot of 2mg holds me for about 6 - 8 hours, then I need the other shot. In that sense, I have to force myself to go through the w/d when it happens because Ive already waited 24 hours since I did dope last, and Im getting pretty sick and need to do the suboxone and dont feel like waiting any longer, so its something I just have to deal with.

hey I dropped from 2mgs to 1mgs today and will be plaining on being opiate free tomorrow!

Not expecting alot of discomfort. Feeling very alive actually.

Im tried of lozing my favourate game, I fold, Im out, thats it!

^You might still get some muscle aches, feel restless, and some other minor symptoms. It's not that bad, but it's no picnic either.

It takes a few days to fully feel the effects of moving down in dose. I was on 2mg for several months and a higher dose before that, but it was still kind of tough to get down to 1 mg. Once I got adjusted to 1mg (took about 8-10 days) it was A LOT easier to get down to a lower dose from there and wasn't nearly as bad as going from 2mg-1mg for some reason.

You may feel completely different, but it might be worth it to get used to 1mg and then try going down from there.

thanks for the input my friend. Yeah got the muscle, restless leg thing going, a few benzo for sleep tho (will be pickin some more up tomorrow)
I am doing it pritty quick (not tryin to be the big man) seeing as tho a was on 12mg 2 - 3 weeks ago, but i need to do it as im in a excelet mind frame at the minute, plus I wanna give my mother one of my kidneys and stop causing her stress she doesnt need (a so called 'friend' told her I was a junky - nice of him). Im 26 am sounding like a minor talking about my mother, but i love her still (I know some people may say that sounds gay) and seening her goin through her own personal misery has put things in perspective.

you said dropping from 2mg to 1mg was difficult, and if you think about it you cut your dose by 50% (good goin!) even tho it was a low dose, i find that with opiates it tends not to be too much centred (generally speaking) with how much you are doing but more how offten. ie I could bang two gram of heroin(exculded risk of O.D'ing) once a mounth only and be ok, no withdrawls. But i could take 2mg Suboxone every day for a month and therefore get withdrawls...however i digress, good going!

however we will see tomorrow at 6.30am (when i normaly dose) if i use or dont, to use or not to use, that is the qusetion..
...feeling the drowzy benzo feeling comin on and starting to talk shit! im off to get my head down.......chow for now

thanks

Last edited:
Got some 8mg suboxones today.....Never tried bupe before just methadone. Im readin thru this thread n tryna find out whats really good. I take 100+mg of oxy to get to that beautiful place but less to just catch a decent feeling or stay from gettin sick. I wasnt sure if suboxones were as recreational as strauight up subutex w/out the naloxone but they are for not gettin sick as well. I just like to catch a buzz too....I guess thats the part of me thats never gonna wanna get 'clean' but w/ever....Any tips for a new user.. Damn. I feel so weird postin that after havin mad experience with many other opiates but bein new to somethin for the first time in years almost feels good.

Last edited:
If youre trying to catch a buzz with it, I dont luck you are going to have much luck. You may though, theres no way for me to know for sure. Start with snorting 2mg. You have a pretty high tolerance, so 2mg may be enough, but it wont be too much. If that doesnt work, go up to 4mg. I can promise you it will keep you from being sick, but I cant promise a high at any dose. There is really no need to go over 4mg for someone in your position. Anything higher may just cause less desired side effects.

So your assignment for now: try 2mg, see how it feels, if it isnt good, try 2 more mg, report back with results, and we will go from there. Good luck.

mr Bungle said:
hey I dropped from 2mgs to 1mgs today and will be plaining on being opiate free tomorrow!

Not expecting alot of discomfort. Feeling very alive actually.

Im tried of lozing my favourate game, I fold, Im out, thats it!

If you're dropping from 2mg to 1mg in one day, to 0mg the next day...you're in for some rough w/d's come two or three days from now.

You feel fine at the moment because of the long half life of the buperenorphine and the amount that's built up in your system over time. Once that wears off you're going to wish you tapered more.

Just my .2

lacey as someone with an intolerable tolerance to other opiates, I can tell you that you may only need 2mg. I started with 4mg which kicked my ass and now rail 8mg for a buzz. It's not the best buzz, but it's a buzz. Your tolerance really does sound similar to me, I took 60mg oxy recently after months off and it didn't do jack - like you it is 100+ for me.

^ very true (eon blue). Once you drop from 2mg to 1mg, give it a few days on 1mg before dropping any further. From 1mg, I wouldnt suggest dropping off completely. Id go 2mg to 1mg for 3 - 5 days, then 0.5mg for 2 - 4 days, then drop off.

lacey k said:
Got some 8mg suboxones today.....Never tried bupe before just methadone. Im readin thru this thread n tryna find out whats really good. I take 100+mg of oxy to get to that beautiful place but less to just catch a decent feeling or stay from gettin sick. I wasnt sure if suboxones were as recreational as strauight up subutex w/out the naloxone but they are for not gettin sick as well. I just like to catch a buzz too....I guess thats the part of me thats never gonna wanna get 'clean' but w/ever....Any tips for a new user.. Damn. I feel so weird postin that after havin mad experience with many other opiates but bein new to somethin for the first time in years almost feels good.
Iforgett gives out good advice. It's ridiculous how strong bupe is. Start with 2mg and work your way up. You could sniff it or take it sublingually.

DO NOT DOSE IF YOU'RE DEPENDENT. Which you are if it takes 100mg of oxycodone...

Status
Not open for further replies.