• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Stimulants of the Future III

murphy no way in hell is the average therapeutic dose of clonazepam 10-15mg
they only make up to 2mg pills..

Isn't that exactly what coke is? Is the serotonin reuptake inhibiting effect that important? it doesn't seem that people especially enjoy SSRIs.

effect at NET is important too. I've seen more than one study that found NE being most related to euphoriant properties, and DA being most related to addictiveness (not that they're exactly seperable.)

Well I've been under the impression that the best stimulants have a higher DAT/NET ratio... ie. you want some NE, but not more than DA.

LSDMDMA&9043581 said:

not positive, but I assume he meant 1.0-1.5mg. Or was thinking of another benzo, because yeah, 10mg of clonazepam would have pretty much anyone passed out.

Beta-CFT actually substitutes for cocaine better than cocaine itself in a study comparing tropane analogs.

Why not develop some stimulants based on Mesocarb, roughly 1/10th potent with methamphetamine by weight. Long lasting and less neuro toxic.

LSDMDMA&9043581 said:

Oh yeah! Sorry, I must have confused that :(
I looked up the numbers somewhere (don't remember where exactly though), but 10-15 mg is obviously a hardcore dose and not really "therapeutic". I corrected the numbers in my post, thanks for the hint!

- Murphy

Does anone have more information about this compound?

3%2C3-Diphenylcyclobutanamine.png

3,3,-Diphenylcyclobutanamine is a psychostimulant drug which was originally prepared as an antidepressant in the late 1970s. It appears to inhibit the reuptake of serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine, and may also induce their release as well. The N-methyl and N,N-dimethyl analogues of the compound are also known and are more potent. All three agents produce locomotor stimulation in animal studies, with the tertiary amine being the strongest.

It immediately caught my eye, the description is intriguing and the molecular shape is pretty cool.

Mobuis Dick prefers the WIN compound to coke.

ebola

While I thought I'd stumbled across β-CFT with the latest compound to cross my path, I think it's possibly more likely to be β-CPT! Troparil. Fits the entire effects profile, and the way it felt was definitely stronger on the dopamine receptors than the serotonin ones. Very curious.

A little while ago I had to bioassay 2-β-carbomethoxy-3-β-(4-fluorophenyl)tropane (β-CFT, WIN 35,428). I finally got around to finishing the rough draft of a pretty lengthy writeup of the experience and how my experience ties to what I know about the pharmacology of the stuff for the Esoteric Pharmacology Project. I also posted it up here, under Trip Reports. I'd be curious to hear from anyone who's also tried it and especially from anyone who's encountered the unfluorinated analog, tropanil/β-CPT and see if we can compare notes. I also had a one-off trail with RTI-121 that I will get around to writing up a report for, too, but the two were quite similar and suffice it to say, β-CFT was to my tastes a better drug. RTI-121 seemed a little more intoxicating and less focused, although still significantly stimulating. But I will write more on that when I have the time to do it justice...

What would be your predictions on this compound?

betaimonomethamphetamin.png

It would be relatively easy to make it from (meth)cathinone, would anybody expect some severe adverse reactions from it?

WF-11/PTT with its "uniform down-regulation of tyrosine hydrixykase oriteub & activity gene expression" seems promising in my opinion. Though does its onset of action have a quicker & more habituating activation route in vivo than cocaine? Few substitutes do. (The ones that do, however, would be IMO the stimulants of the future.

^AFAIK aminorex is NOT a class C drug (I checked the MoDA). It's covered by the Pharmacies act, however.

Although 4MAR is one of the nicest stimulants, it's pretty bad for the heart (Menocil - medical aminorex, was pulled from the market because of hypertension and some deaths were reported in literature).

If one were looking for a nice material, some phenmetrazine analogs are very pleasent indeed.

The 3,6 dimethyl analog is almost identical in effect to phenmetrazine. Losing the 3 methyl & adding a 5 methyl or 5,5 dimethyl also works. The latter is called 'G-130' and is extremely long-lived. It showed teratatoxicity in rats, but only at HUGE doses. Still enough to kill what looked like it was going to be the medical replacement for amphetamine.

Serotonin-norepinephrine releasing agent, probably very low dopamine activity.

Phenmetrazine is a lot nicer than amphetamine, but you need relatively a larger dose. It's a lot smoother and there isn't as much of a crash at the end of it. I obtained a dozen 25mg tablets from a 1960s prescription. We are going back 20 years here, so it's a little hazy, but it WAS better than dexedrine.

G-130 has the advantage of being more potent but the huge disadvantage of lasting such a long time. I think that tests revealed significant amounts of the material in test animals 72 hours later.

Bethedrone, ay. Well, N-ethyl seems a lot less toxic than N-methyl for the PEAs and many related classes (Fencamfamine, for example!). Maybe the law has actually made the market a bit safer? For some reason I thought that the mephedrone class had all been outlawed (although, TBH, I've not read the wording - anyone got a link?).

Phenmetrazine is a lot nicer than amphetamine, but you need relatively a larger dose.
Does it? IME dosage is actually quite comparable, but YMMV of course.

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but this compound...

beth.jpg

...is now available. It is being called Bethedrone.

Anyone with half a brain want to make sense of that chemical structure?
The name is ridiculous.
And anyone 'with half a brain' would let this crap alone. This reeks so much of mephedrone, I just can't help myself.