• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Still don't like weed? Part two

Weed is great. I've been smoking for a few years now and I smoke pretty much everyday. Weed definatley has it's pluses. It's inexpensive, easy to find and it's easy to pull off being high infront of someone. But it also has it's minuses. I think the main one is that there are much better highs than marijuana (opiates in my opinion). But yeah, I still love weed.

crystalcallas said:
well DUH because we dont base SOME IF NOT MOST of our friendships/interpersonal relationships ***SOLELY*** on similar drug intake choices!!!! Youd think that taking a particular DRUG is the be all and end all of our relationships with individuals and groups of people. You cannot generalize..ya know!~ Like three of my bestfriends are potheads, and so just bec i hate pot i cant hang with em? Sheesh...think before you make such rash sweeping statements that just serve to annoy.:p

LOL what a passionate post ;) and im bumping this...nothing...because i like this thread!

Hey I hate the whole pothead thing, but I don't oppose to smoking everyonce in a while it's good for da mind to go blank.

randycaver said:
I still am not fond of the pot culture.
the last thread went up to 100+ so.. obviously theres more than me, right? :D
~if you don't wake and bake
~if you don't ever get "stoned"
~if your least favorite word is 'dude'
or if you simply don't understand what the big deal is..
Post here!!!

I dont ever wake and bake unless i dont have to work or go to school that day. I have abotu 3 days a year like that ( i cant be high in my classes and i really fucking hate being high at my job, just cuz of bad vibes ).

I cant stand almost all facets of what is considered "pot culture" save for smoking paraphanelia and the herb itself. Most stoner hippy types annoy the crap outta me. I rarely if ever even break herb out in front of people.

but i do smoke lots, and i say dude about 9 times a sentence, dude. I dont think that has anything to do with marijuana at all.

so as a smoker i can say i dont really like pot culture either, its a pretty silly idea to form a culture around a freaking plant. I pretty much only smoke in the evenings and towards the end of my night. I also have a faily agressive, stressed, and hardly laid back personality, I am the anti stoner.

I aitn even read this thread past this point of the post i replied to because its one of those things that we just aint gonna agree on....theres no point to replying once u get too far into the fray cuz you point just gets lost anyway, but i will take time to this, because it aint the typical argument people are makin so i aint goin over the same ground ( i think =P)

Negro-kitty said:
Also, there are so many potheads who smoke daily, and this is accepted by them and many of their peers, perhaps even their family...and yet, if it were ANY OTHER DRUG -- alcohol, heroin, speed, you name it -- the user would be IMMEDIATELY labeled an addict and receive a whole lot of flack.

Maybe thats cuz among people who been through heroin, coke, crack, and meth addiction in the past and are now happy to be clean but still like to smoke weed everyday, like most of the people I know, WEED AINT SHIT! =D

I aint gonna deny that smokin herb does have bad effects if you let it/or if u abuse it like smokin 6 times a day for 6 years dont get me wrong, but maybe its also cuz WEED DONT HAVE the same bad effects that drinkin liquor, doin coke, or smokin rock everyday DOES. Oh itll fuck you up no doubt, but dont come up tryin to play that shit like its on the same level.

Theres some drugs you CAN do everyday.....if you wanna bring up the ''if you use a drug every day theres something wrong with it and if you dont think its bad youre in denial" shit, I hope you, and none of yours, are sittin there watchin your aunt or mom or sister or yourself gettin your lil prescriptions and takin xanax, valiuum, klonopin, psych meds, etc. everyday....or adderall for ADD....

Using a drug daily is incredibly unhealthy -- yes, even if it is weed!

Ok homegirl but I best not ever hear of you smokin a cigarette.....esp. not if youre a regular smoker....u know, those people that smoke nicotine *everyday*.......8o uh oh daily drug use! NIC FEENS RUN FOR COVER lol
(i smoke too i dont give a shit about it, Im just sayin man, your theory aint straight)

Why can't potheads see this? Why are they in denial, and why are they often so hypocritical about other addicts?
Why cant you see that ''weed addiction'' may exist but to even try and put it up there with dope or rock or whatever is wack as hell ...
and I dont give a fuck what nobody tells you ''quittin weed it was the hardest thing of my life'' all i got to say to that is you aint had much hardships in your life then homie

I hear what youre sayin in some ways but over all, you got it twisted, its aight tho cuz when it comes to peeps who dont smoke or dont have that love for weed, its just 2 different worlds

I dont think im only speakin for myself when i say, Oh we hear ya. It aint liek we dont understtand. theres some dumb ones, but for the most part youre underestimating us. Its jsut that your points dont hold much water to us, cuz its mostly based on misunderstandings about how it is, and thats why we never gonna see eye to eye. but its all good.

Well All I gots to say the shit that seems so miserable to you, is our cup of fuckin tea. so just let us drink it. =D

Oh by the way, DUDE
dont ever confuse me w/ a hippe just cuz i smoke pot
cuz i smoke hippies too *BOH BOH BOH BOH*
just playin. ;) =P

Marijuana is like bread or water around here. It's just not a big deal. If you don't like it, don't smoke it. It's ok...we won't judge you. Maybe I've been in the dreaded "hippie culture" for too long. I guess I should start hating them; those dirty fuckers, smoking dope and listening to their "hippy music". Get a job!

But seriously, how about hating something worthwhile like George W and his ultra-conservative republican culture.

^^^HeadyNuggets-- i am all about hating on george bush...i agree with u fully

but for my thoughts on stoners- i pretty much differ from what ive read in everyones posts--i love the stoner culture, hippies, tie-dye, "dude", phish, munchies, all of it...i juss dont really enjoy the high

randycaver said:
I still am not fond of the pot culture.
the last thread went up to 100+ so.. obviously theres more than me, right? :D
~if you don't wake and bake
~if you don't ever get "stoned"
~if your least favorite word is 'dude'
or if you simply don't understand what the big deal is..
Post here!!!

.....the biggest overgeneralization i've ever seen.

Pot culture? What pot culture. Some people smoke weed. I dont see a fucking rice culture...what that's asia.

I was a off/on (mostly on) pothead for the past 5 years or so. I'm completely over the glamourized aspect of the drug. I really don't like how it makes me feel "down and out" but I'll still smoke every now and then 'cause it's the easiest to get ahold of and I gotta self-medicate somehow. I do think most potheads would be opiate/benzoheads as well if they had access to those substances. But a little pot is all good if it's not your identity and you know the lifestyle that goes along with it is boring and dull for the most part. Hmmm...hope that stayed on subject - got some methadone and klonopin in me :).

^I pretty much agree. However, NOTHING beats walking out under the pier, and finding some homeless druggies, and smoking up with them.....then turning into the ocean. Pot is such a timeless and ancient thing. I love the fucking feeling, once i get over that "Using for 5 years everyday, boring people kind of thing". I know exactly what you mean.

I guess it's completely different, in an actual cool setting, with complete strangers that might jump you and rob you at any moment.

^^oh damn you like smokin a lil herb and heron under the boardwalk too?
new jerseys the shit.
even tho im sure youre talkin bout somewhere comepletely different.

lacey k said:
Maybe thats cuz among people who been through heroin, coke, crack, and meth addiction in the past and are now happy to be clean but still like to smoke weed everyday, like most of the people I know, WEED AINT SHIT! =D

yup.

i just dont like to smoke weed...i think the high sucks. I just dont enjoy being that stupid. *sigh* I guess thats why i do all those uppers...but i suppose i'm just as stupid on those as well.

I can get paranoid and overanalyze my life without the aid of a joint, thank you very much. ;)

(Piss poor excuse for a drug-there are a dozen better. )

The whole premise of this thread is faulted because randycaver "never got high because of some weird tolerance to THC".

Sucks for you. :p

yea uh huh.^^^

*shakin my head*
whateva if u dont like it...but piss poor excuse for a drug? close your mouth before what youre talkin out turns into your ass dawg

lacey k said:
close your mouth before what youre talkin out turns into your ass dawg
??? Sorry, I'm not exactly fluent in ebonics.

Perhaps I was a bit too harsh, but marijuana produces no desirable effects for me, only lethargy and a mild head-spin. Sort of a cheap novelty, if you ask me.

To each his own, right?

randycaver is from ohio where they grow the good pot in trashcans

The whole premise of this thread is faulted because randycaver "never got high because of some weird tolerance to THC".

Sucks for you. :p

A brain without functional cannabanoid recepors. Yikes 8o