• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Opioids [Specifically UK people, please] - Can you grow your own Poppies from Poppy Seeds...

Yeah 'poppy straw' is a bit of a vague term. I actually meant just the ground down pods, rather than including leaves and stems as well, which poppy straw can include as well as the pod husks.

It would be less obtrusive to post a ground down pod sample in a little baggie, and I could describe purchase intent as 'papaver somniferum / opium poppy capsule' or something like that, and it will be interesting to see if they will analyse it or not. And if so, what the results might be. (I cant very well suggest they use lemon juice and add hot water to extract the alkaloids, but it may come back with nothing otherwise.)
Or just gently cut into it about half a mm with a sharp blade, let the sap bleed out and dry, then send that. Would be interesting to see the results. You wouldn't need much, probably 2 pods worth of sap.
Are the poppy growers harvesting now? The ones I've seen locally have looked ready for a couple of weeks now.
Does the dry sap need further refinement before you smoke it, or is the raw opium fine? @TheUltimateFixx Just interested.
I think making pod tea would be the route I'd go with. I've tried the opium thing and it's a massive faff, but I've never grown proper pods myself, only done it with garden variety shite.

Last edited:
Yes mate, batches planted in the early spring podded a month or 2 ago. I've had a few batches started at different stages and just seeing which ones are doing best. Some of the ones I started a month later ended up catching up with the early ones and many came into pod at the same time in early June. Hopefully there will be enough time for the ones i planted in the very late spring to pod before the daylight starts giving out.

I'm not sure exactly when the professional growers start theirs. Probably timed to come into pod right about mid summer solstice I would guess.

Yeah 'poppy straw' is a bit of a vague term. I actually meant just the ground down pods, rather than including leaves and stems as well, which poppy straw can include as well as the pod husks.

It would be less obtrusive to post a ground down pod sample in a little baggie, and I could describe purchase intent as 'papaver somniferum / opium poppy capsule' or something like that, and it will be interesting to see if they will analyse it or not. And if so, what the results might be. (I cant very well suggest they use lemon juice and add hot water to extract the alkaloids, but it may come back with nothing otherwise.)
poppy straw mean pods plus litttle bit of a stem.dry.no leaves and roots.it is equivalent of pods....same thing.it is called straw,because the machine collected not only pods,but a some part of the stem too.

Doe de is how it is pronounced that is poppy pods

Just to clarify - is that 'Doe-dee'?
Wouldn't mind trying this. If I had considered it/knew more about it when the poppy season began I'd have likely gone that route for weaning down however as I understand it the season is about to end, if it hasn't already done so.

I did look them up and saw that they come as batches of seeds (this was just via google images though).
Would there be enough of the relevent alkaloids in the seeds alone to brew the tea or would you want to be doing it with the actual pods, ie pods that arent broken up/ground?

powder or crushed dry pods...thats doda.we call it koknar or just chai

Thanks. So how am I to be sure that the poppys I get will be papaver somniferum? Do they always use this species of poppy or would it be wise to enquire as to if that is indeed the ingredients of the doda? As I've found a few places around Dublin so I'm going to phone around tomorrow.

EDIT: Called two out of the three Indian Grocery potentials, neither have heard of it or don't sell it. One said they have the seeds but no pods or straw. That's odd...

Last edited:
Just to clarify - is that 'Doe-dee'?
Wouldn't mind trying this. If I had considered it/knew more about it when the poppy season began I'd have likely gone that route for weaning down however as I understand it the season is about to end, if it hasn't already done so.

I did look them up and saw that they come as batches of seeds (this was just via google images though).
Would there be enough of the relevent alkaloids in the seeds alone to brew the tea or would you want to be doing it with the actual pods, ie pods that arent broken up/ground?
These come as eith whole dried pods that you grind yourself with more pods for your money or ground pods less value but saves having to grind them yourselves better to take a indian to go get them they think white people undercover

It is so common in Punjabi communitys especially lorry or taxi drivers lets them work long hours and in construction

Its interesting you mention that as I do find opioids to be energising - albeit in a minor manner - in small doses.
You have to dose it just right then you energised and happy to much and you start nodding pod nod really sleepy no euphoric like heroin

Thanks. So how am I to be sure that the poppys I get will be papaver somniferum? Do they always use this species of poppy or would it be wise to enquire as to if that is indeed the ingredients of the doda? As I've found a few places around Dublin so I'm going to phone around tomorrow.

EDIT: Called two out of the three Indian Grocery potentials, neither have heard of it or don't sell it. One said they have the seeds but no pods or straw. That's odd...
idk man.Dublin?I am really not very optimistic about growing the plant in such conditions-wet,rainy,windy,not enough sun and not proper temp.It could grow,but alcaloid content would be very low.U need good seed.From where u can get-idk.As to how to be sure is this correct plant-u got internet.Ordinary garden poppy,which grow almost everywhere in Europe is relatively weak.U can get some buzz only,if u are without tollerance to painmeds or street H.Pharma grade plant are illegal to grow(that is not ordinary ornamental flower) common in gardens.Few countries in Europe grow this variety in strictly guarded fields for pharma industry.

Doda is the singular word for it dode or pronounced doe de one word is more then one people should know it a month long wd on them worse then heroin
i know ma friend.we have got huge fields 30 years ago.....and they banned it in late 90.My region is a place of origin of afyon.Early Neolithic.May be 10 thousand years ago.......much,much later it came to u in Punjab(schollar said with the army of Iskander(Alexander the Great).Ur country is a place of origin of cannabis plant.....not lesser gift for humanity.

Last edited:
i know ma friend.we have got huge fields 30 years ago.....and they banned it in late 90.My region is a place of origin of afyon.Early Neolithic.May be 10 thousand years ago.......much,much later it came to u in Punjab(schollar said with the army of Iskander(Alexander the Great).Ur country is a place of origin of cannabis plant.....not lesser gift for humanity.
So iskander brought them over fair trade he defeat our king porus and give us opium im happy with that

It is so common in Punjabi communitys especially lorry or taxi drivers lets them work long hours and in construction

When I search doda or ground/powdered doda all I can find is paneer dodi/paneer doda Withania coagulans.
Some completely different plant.

How do I make sure if I go in an Indian/Asian shop that they know I want doda (Pods) and not doing that paneer dodi stuff?

idk man.Dublin?I am really not very optimistic about growing the plant in such conditions-wet,rainy,windy,not enough sun and not proper temp.It could grow,but alcaloid content would be very low.U need good seed.From where u can get-idk.As to how to be sure is this correct plant-u got internet.Ordinary garden poppy,which grow almost everywhere in Europe is relatively weak.U can get some buzz only,if u are without tollerance to painmeds or street H.Pharma grade plant are illegal to grow(that is not ordinary ornamental flower) common in gardens.Few countries in Europe grow this variety in strictly guarded fields for pharma industry.

Pharmaceutical grade opium poppies have been grown in the UK since 2003 and were grown for medical use before the 20th Century by people in their gardens for hundreds of years to make Syrup of Poppies and Diacodium.

Poppies can be grown for medical use upto the same latitude as Glasgow and Moscow, 55 degrees.
Around 2012 some research was done in Estonia to see if ornamental poppies were producing similar quantities of morphine as medical grade and they found in general that they were.

Here’s the study :

“All dried capsules samples (n = 34) contained on average 362 mg/100g of morphine, 25 mg/100g of codeine, and 29 mg/100g of papaverine as determined by CE. The content of morphine determined by HPLC was 152-676 mg/100g, which is a remarkably high concentration allowing potential illegal use of ornamental poppies.”

It even named the cultivars and ’Queen’s Poppy’ turned out to be the most potent with 676mg per 100g of poppy straw.

They could easily grow in Ireland for opium use.

well grow ma friend...but is illegal u know:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:those grown in gardens in moscow and dublin are not pharma poppy man.....it is ornamental flower with very low active ingredients,but if u wanna try...try...just look over ur shoulder constantly

Growing opium poppies in many places, including the UK, isn't illegal.

Drying and storing the pods isn't illegal either. They are legal for decorative / arts and crafts purposes. But I think processing them for the purposes of consumption is. So in theory if you go very quickly from pods to grinds to poppy tea it would be almost impossible for anyone to ever catch you in the act of doing that.

It's only the 'harvesting' of opium that's clearly illegal. Deliberately slitting the live pods and collecting the raw opium ooze.