• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

So.... who cares about the meth addicts?

yeah ^^^ good reasons not to do meth all the time.

I find personally that just a day or two on good shard is enough to make me wanna top myself the next night and cause EXTREME depression for a few days. after this wears off though, the happiness and overall feeling of wellbeing i receive from getting through that keeps me happy as shit all week.

I'm only new here and this is my first post so bear with me

I started IV meth/speed use in the early nineties and I can honestly say I was lucky . Lucky in the fact
that I was in my early thirties when I started and lucky I could recognise when things were getting out of hand .
At the time I would be awake for 5 days straight , then get 2 nights sleep , even though I was working 6 days a week.
The first time things got out of hand , I had a clean 3 months break . Not just through personal choice but the fact the
dealer I had decided it was time to rip me off .

So after 3 months I meet more similar people to myself , and start the cycle again. This time it lasted 2 years before again I
started to lose it . This time I took a break for 6 months before the lure of meth and the availibility became too much.

So , then I went 5 years without a break , very little sleep , a good job so I could afford my little addictiion , and I had a ball

Then i had a break for 1 year , not because I was losing it , or felt in any way down or guilty , mainly because I moved towns
and I couldn't be fucked tracking any down .

Now 10 years on , I still dabble , whenit is available . As you may understand , the older you get , and I am nearly 50 , the harder
it becomes to make new contacts , but not impossible .

What happens now , is I have a huge tolerance for it , to get really rolling takes nearly half a gram of the best , and while I enjoy
the high , it has stopped being cost effective .

I have never seen a doctor or a therapist , mainly because I believe there is nothing they could do to help me . I will dabble till the
day I either die , or people refuse to sell it to me .

TBH , my advice would be , don't take meth till you are older , and always take a break if you find yourself doing things out of
character . It will help with long term drug use , so you can enjoy things for longer .

Apologies if I've bored anyone .

That was a very interesting read.

I am amazed at your self control, to go years on and then just take such time off shows a lot of restraint.

Moving towns etc would not stop a lot of people I know.

To be honest , I think it has a lot to do with the age I was at when I first used IV meth , and I did miss out something important

I never ever smoked weed at any stage when I was using .

I smoked 30 cones a day till I started , then I refused to mix them , that may have something to do with my sanity

I'm only new here and this is my first post so bear with me

I started IV meth/speed use in the early nineties and I can honestly say I was lucky . Lucky in the fact
that I was in my early thirties when I started and lucky I could recognise when things were getting out of hand .
At the time I would be awake for 5 days straight , then get 2 nights sleep , even though I was working 6 days a week.
The first time things got out of hand , I had a clean 3 months break . Not just through personal choice but the fact the
dealer I had decided it was time to rip me off .

So after 3 months I meet more similar people to myself , and start the cycle again. This time it lasted 2 years before again I
started to lose it . This time I took a break for 6 months before the lure of meth and the availibility became too much.

So , then I went 5 years without a break , very little sleep , a good job so I could afford my little addictiion , and I had a ball

Then i had a break for 1 year , not because I was losing it , or felt in any way down or guilty , mainly because I moved towns
and I couldn't be fucked tracking any down .

Now 10 years on , I still dabble , whenit is available . As you may understand , the older you get , and I am nearly 50 , the harder
it becomes to make new contacts , but not impossible .

What happens now , is I have a huge tolerance for it , to get really rolling takes nearly half a gram of the best , and while I enjoy
the high , it has stopped being cost effective .

I have never seen a doctor or a therapist , mainly because I believe there is nothing they could do to help me . I will dabble till the
day I either die , or people refuse to sell it to me .

TBH , my advice would be , don't take meth till you are older , and always take a break if you find yourself doing things out of
character . It will help with long term drug use , so you can enjoy things for longer .

Apologies if I've bored anyone .

im half ur age and have been going since 18 same as ur self on and off 12montth brakes...

in your opinion do the paterns change in people and friends around you ?? cuse in my 7 years fuck its like pradicting the weather mate and getting it right every timre

Last edited:
I never ever smoked weed at any stage when I was using .

I smoked 30 cones a day till I started , then I refused to mix them , that may have something to do with my sanity

I have found that most meth addicts I know are far more reluctant to hit the bong than every one else in the group.

Methamphetamine users are now the most stigmatised drug users... taking over from heroin users back in the day (although not that long ago). It is always reported on with such moral panic - like all meth users are violent crazy criminals in the making - but really, sooooo many people use it without any problems whatsoever & live "normal" lives that are so far removed from the stereotype. It seems like everyday there is a new sensationalized news artical in the paper or community forum that scares the shit out of people but it is so far removed from quality critically analysed information that one can't help finding the hype more dangerous than the drug ever was. Stigmatisation at its best.

Yeah i'm sure some people can use it casually, but for alot of people it becomes very addictive and destructive.

You just have to read the meth thread and how many people have had major issues with it and wont to quit and can't.

Last edited:
totally agree man

I'd successfully used amphetamine / meth-amp for 14 yrs...a fully functional addict but it got me in the end and brought me to my needs, lost everything

for those who are able to demonstrate self control I'm sure using it's easy however meth + addictive personality will always end up nasty

brought me to my needs

freudian slip?

like coke obviously turns you into a more embarrassing version of yourself, totally bullshitting and totally excited about your bullshit - meth does in a more subtle, long-term sort of way.

meth turns even the good people worth caring out, into cold mechanistic, more insect version of themselves. it presents itself as useful, then sucks out the substance.

not discounting natural stimheads, but you have got to have an every day alternative to meth...i am not even sure how one could handle even doing it a few days a week. whereas spacing out opiate use to keep tolerance down is fairly simple unless you totally have no self control and don't mind willfully building a retarded tolerance.

^ haha! yes slip indeed...

having a bag of gear.....guaranteed it won't be left alone until gone! that's no-self control 101

my reality of addiction and that fact that it never leaves you.....3.5 years clean from meth yet soon to break the drought.....dangerous times but have given in to intense cravings brought on by recent fucked up experience!

Last edited:
whereas spacing out opiate use to keep tolerance down is fairly simple unless you totally have no self control and don't mind willfully building a retarded tolerance.

Yep, every opiate addict in the world just totally has no self control... no self medication of physical or psychological problems, no long term alterations in brain function, they just couldn't keep their hand out of the damn cookie jar.

I'll tell you something about every opiate addict in the world, every opiate addict in the world once thought that "spacing out opiate use to keep tolerance down is fairly simple." Hell, go back to my posts circa. 2009/2010 and you can probably find that quote almost verbatim in there somewhere. Same goes for everyone on this forum who is or was addicted to opiates.

judging by society, no one.. and ironically - not even users themselves 8)

"can you get me a ball for the weekend?"

"nah man, ran out.. cant get any till. next week"

"fuckin meth head.. I havnt had a smoke since this morning.. stop holding out"

"I dont give a fuck mate, my last shot was last night you fiend"

end skit regarding ironic stereotypes

I have found that most meth addicts I know are far more reluctant to hit the bong than every one else in the group.

I know you will never be able to read this mate but my mates are the same, well atleast I am and my closest fiends.. can cause the bad side effects to amplify significantly

RIP mate

Last edited:
Methamphetamine users are now the most stigmatised drug users... taking over from heroin users back in the day (although not that long ago). It is always reported on with such moral panic - like all meth users are violent crazy criminals in the making - but really, sooooo many people use it without any problems whatsoever & live "normal" lives that are so far removed from the stereotype. It seems like everyday there is a new sensationalized news artical in the paper or community forum that scares the shit out of people but it is so far removed from quality critically analysed information that one can't help finding the hype more dangerous than the drug ever was. Stigmatisation at its best.

the funny thing is, from whom Ive met and spoken to - heroin users are still the ones commiting the more violent crimes (armed robberies, [not so much anymore] hold ups, ect.) due to heavy physical dependency although Ive met more that source their money through victimless drugs such as dealing and doctor shopping..

most meth heads that commit crime just seem to me like a bunch of dumb cunts who couldnt organise doin a runner from your local bottle-o although there are some brazen ones out there that think one step ahead...

quick story; my local supermarket, of which I worked at - just not at the time, got held up at gun-point at the best possible time (end of a public holiday when the tills are being counted with the safe wide open, full of the long weekends profits [think 6 figures) why two heroin addicts and they got away without a single problem and do you know how they were caught? the dumb cunt pinched his misses car while she was in the shower and didnt even bother to cover the plates.. 3 pedestrians got the rego and they kicked the door in within hours.. only got one of the two, bloke lived less than a mile away :\ (I put that stupidity down to the bloke was severally dope-sick and forgot that one minor detail)

other than that, they left no evidence n would have gotten away scot free :\

^I bet he was screaming at himself for hours in the cell for fucking up like that. Being sick, being so close to not having to worry about where the next fix is coming from for at least a few months, only to miss one tiny detail and end up hanging out in a cell.

Reminds me of the book Candy, there are some hilarious stories of fucked up robberies and scams in there.

^I bet he was screaming at himself for hours in the cell for fucking up like that. Being sick, being so close to not having to worry about where the next fix is coming from for at least a few months, only to miss one tiny detail and end up hanging out in a cell.

Reminds me of the book Candy, there are some hilarious stories of fucked up robberies and scams in there.

mate, with what him and his mate got away with; he could a flown one way to the golden triangle, bought a bit of land and watched the back of his eye lids for the rest of his days without a care in the world (besides ODing or being shot/stabbed by some SE asain smack peddlers)

atleast he didnt dog out his mate.. funny bit of trivia, I was smoking bongs in the fruit n veg coolroom with the crew workin there (they were all my mates) of that store 45 minutes before they kicked the door in.. talk about bailing at the right time eh 8)

is candy a book? fuck, I just ordered the DVD of which Ive already seen.. would much rather the book :(

totally agree man

I'd successfully used amphetamine / meth-amp for 14 yrs...a fully functional addict but it got me in the end and brought me to my needs, lost everything

for those who are able to demonstrate self control I'm sure using it's easy however meth + addictive personality will always end up nasty

Did it bring you to your knees or did the law bring the knees to you. Seems that if the law wasnt involved some people wouldnt have to lose everything and could stay functioning users. Imagine if you were a person that drank lightly but it was against the law and you just happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. You still lose everything just like the out of control addict.