• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Snorting LSD [Merged]

You people are all missing the point.

We all know that even IVing LSD will not significantly affect the timeframes, much less snorting. The only thing time-related effected is the wait for the come-up to start. The comeup itself will still be around an hour.

The idea here is that it is more economical.

I need 1/2 (yes HALF) an oral dose for the same trip when taken rectally.

I'm not trying to put you down at all, but I think that may be in your head. The thing would be to ask a medical professional who knows something, or a lot, about pharmacology - is acid more potent when ingested rectally? Some drugs are actually less potent rectally than orally, so it's not guaranteed. It's hard to measure the intensity of an experience to the amount ingested as well.

Gog said:
I'm not trying to put you down at all, but I think that may be in your head. The thing would be to ask a medical professional who knows something, or a lot, about pharmacology - is acid more potent when ingested rectally? Some drugs are actually less potent rectally than orally, so it's not guaranteed. It's hard to measure the intensity of an experience to the amount ingested as well.

Why is it so hard for everyone to believe that LSD - like every other soluble drug - is more efficiently absorbed rectally/nasally than it is orally??

I bought a 10-strip a year and a half ago, and have been using the same batch for all my experiments.

Why is it easier to accept that MDMA is better taken rectally while LSD isn't? I can only explain that as a kind of elitism.

Re: a medical professional, I am sorry, but there is no such person. Medical professionals know very little about pharmacology, and even less about LSD.

I am also wondering which drug is it that you know is "less potent" rectally than it is orally?

Though again I'll say what I said in the last thread: its all the better for me, 10-strip will last me at least 5 years while it might not last most people 1 year.

But why does a sublingual dose of LSD last as long as an oral dose for me? Yes it comes on a couple minutes faster, but the time frame doesn't change. According to Hoffman, neither does it change with IV administration. So why would insufflation change this?

Well if you look at the data I posted above, the half life of LSD was about 3-5 hours (varying with the individual's metablism) and the peak plasma level occurs about 3 hours after ingestion (also varying with the individual). Now if you insufflate, the peak plasma level is going to be sooner, maybe 1 to 1.5 hours, but the peak plasma level will be higher, and then you still have to go through so many half lives to come down. So maybe at best you get 1 hour less duration. Now when you figure the 'come down' time on LSD is also subjective, depending on how fast you integrate back into the world, you might not notice the 1 hour at all.

There is actual pharmokinetic differential equation that you can solve that can show you this. Just because it goes in much much faster when you IV, it doesn't mean you metabolize it much much faster, i.e. the half life is the same. It just means you get a little bit of a head start metabolizing it because you got it in your system all at once.

Last edited:
There must be some crazy planetary alignment going on right now that's causing everyone to get uptight lately. I know it's happened to me recently as well. At any rate, anyone who posts any more abusive posts in here will receive a warning. Back on track. Everyone plug some MDMA or LSD or whatever, and let's be friends.

it sounds to me like some of the posters in this thread are responding to their own repressed sexuality instead of the facts behind rectal administration of drugs.

Have you ever wondered what scares you so much about having something touch your butthole? Does it maybe have to do with the fact that you want it so bad you're afraid? Afraid of what your parents, your friends, or society in general will think? Is that why it drives you crazy when you read posts about other people enjoying the rectal administration of drugs?

Taking drugs rectally can be a rewarding experience, as this rectal salvia TR shows.

Allright, seriously, if you want to have a thread about 'repressed sexuality' and rectal use of drugs maybe you can start a thread in Drug Culture in SL&R. I mean with all the noise in PD we've had lately we don't need 'repressed sexuality' to become the latest hot topic in PD 8)

So please, no more talk about 'repressed sexuality' in PD. Lets talk about harm reduction WRT to plugging as any other psychedelic use.

And no, glog is not 'repressed sexualy'. I'm actually laughing my ass off as I post this. ;)

Rectal administration has an advantage (dose wise) if the drug is metabolized in the liver as it escapes 1st pass metabolism. As LSD is metabolized in the liver, it's almost certain that plugging would require a lesser dose than the oral route; by how much though, you can continue arguing about!

I don't know how this thread migrated from "Insufflating LSD" to rectal administration, unless some nasal protruberances are co-habitating the place where the sun don't shine.

Church, I believe your initial instincts were correct.

*CLOSE ME* *CLOSE ME* *CLOSE ME*

would it be effective to make an lsd nasal spray with distilled water? or, rather, has anyone actually tried it?

Ok, I've seen enough LSD to create a crystal, actually, it was the size of a softball, which is a FUCKTON of LSD. In order to have that much LSD, enough to make a line of it, thats WAY more than you want to be ingesting, remember, LSD is actve at microgram amounts (micrograms are millionths of a gram, an actual line of LSD is comprised of thousands of hits, not something you want to be using). As far as snorting liquid LSD, why would you do that in the first place? And dropping it in your eye, take care, cause some people use grain alcohol to cut the liquid, which would burn INTENSELY if dropped in your eye. Take it the normal way, no reason not to. LSD works fine the normal way, why anyone would want to do it any other way is beyond me.

As far as microdots are concerned, I've eaten them and snorted them, snorting them halves the trip time, if a normal microdot trip is 10-12 hours, a snorted trip is 5-6 hours, and not noticably more intense. It's jsut a way to shorten the experience. Its also a really small line, like a bump of anything else.

I'm of the opinion that psychedelics work just fine the original way of consumption. Anything can be snorted, used rectally, orally, and injected. SOme things work better certain ways and horribly others, and some substances require the use of added chemicals to be affective with certain paths of consumption. IMO, use them the traditional way. Would you stick weed up your ass? No.

Just my opinion :)

fastandbulbous said:
Rectal administration has an advantage (dose wise) if the drug is metabolized in the liver as it escapes 1st pass metabolism. As LSD is metabolized in the liver, it's almost certain that plugging would require a lesser dose than the oral route; by how much though, you can continue arguing about!

It's not worth arguing about; from experience i find it's ~2x when adminstered rectally. The last 6 or so times I've dosed this way and whilst comeup and peak length times haven't noticeably changed, 2 da vincis have hit me a lot harder than 3 orally - every time...

Sometimes you simply have to quote yourself 8)

Jamshyd said:
You people are all missing the point.

We all know that even IVing LSD will not significantly affect the timeframes, much less snorting. The only thing time-related effected is the wait for the come-up to start. The comeup itself will still be around an hour.

The idea here is that it is more economical.

I need 1/2 (yes HALF) an oral dose for the same trip when taken rectally.

^ roger that... is the rolling eyes face directed at myself? because I'm agreeing with you here

Richard Kemp once snorted a crystal of LSD , apparently the effect scared him so much he nearly quit making it .

wow.. crystal lsd

only the elite of the elite can hold such a thing

^ And so it shall be merged, because people often suffer from SEAS (Search Engine Amnesia Syndrome) ;)