• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Snorting LSD [Merged]

There is a thread on this already (I think it is in DB), do a search.

I have insufflated liquid LSD before. The alert is almost instantaneous, but the onset (ie. waiting about 1 - 1.5 hours to the peak) is just the same as oral or SL. \

The positive is that you need 1/2 the oral/SL dose to do the trick.

For the record: You also only need 1/2 your regular dose for plugging, and the effects are exactly like insufflating, so I only plug blotters, I don't take them orally anymore.

Snorting acid, dropping microdots on your eyeball (wtf?), IV'ing sugarcubes and plugging blotters... no matter how you ingest it, LSD's course of action is always the same. That's what makes that drug unique. So when people say things like, "I dropped some liquid LSD in my eyeball and I was tripping like 10 minutes later and it only lasted like 6 hours..." that means they are lying, or that's exactly how that acid would have behaved if they ingested it any other way.

But yeah, this thread has been done before.

^^^^

So you're saying if you IV acid its not gonna hit you any faster or harder than oral? I beg to differ with you on that one, Church. I personally have insufflated microdots and liquid on dozens of occasions. There is definitely a faster timeline and slightly stronger effects at the same dose, at least for me. Personally, I prefered it a good way to boost an oral dose, at about T plus 3 or 4 hours, to forstall the impending come down.

I'm also considering reoponing this thread. Certainly some others here didn't agree with your experience, and I don't see why you closed it. Perhaps you can PM me, or at least give us a better explaination. If there are other threads on this, we can merge them.

You can re-open threads that I've closed, dude. I won't ever take offense to that. :) I wasn't really even closing it to say "I've answered the thread, now we can close it." It was more of a "use the search engine" thing, because I swear we've had threads about this before, but I didn't have time to look one up.

I probably jumped the gun on this one. Sorry, everyone. Carry on!

My question is: why does IV'ing not change the time frame of a trip, but insufflating does? Hoffman himself has said that IV'ing LSD doesn't change anything.

Well I will say, now that its open....

I did once buy a very small black/blue microdot, wich i put in the inner corner of my eye. It burned like a hell for a sec, but i was triipping after 10-15 min. Very fast and high peak, but shorter duration (aprox 6 hours)

Everyone, please, DO NOT put any LSD, or any drug not intended for the eye, in your eye. If its a street drug, you don't know what impurities are in it. And even if its a pharmacuetical grade drug, if its not intended for the eye you don't know it won't still hurt your eye. Furthermore, I don't see any reason dropping a drug in your eye would be any faster acting than say insufflation or plugging.

You see more visuals if you put acid in your eye... duh

Seriously though, in highschool my gf and her fat mexican friend scored some acid and they bought pacifiers and a bunch of random retarded shit, and then they each put a blotter under their eyelids. The eye they put it in got incredibly puffy and red and pussy, and I dumped her the next day at school with her slimy red eye because 1) dumb bitch 2) didn't share.

Luckily, there was no infection or need to go to the optometrist or anything.

I can understand trying to insufflate LSD, to get more bang for your buck, to shorten the duration, to make it kick in faster, etc, etc.

But putting SOLID TABLETS in your eye? Rough, fibrous, scratchy paper? WTF?! If I get the smallest fleck of something on or under a contact its unbearable. Sometimes my eye practically swells shut and I can't the the contact out.

she was gothic/punk and into cutting so I imagine the whole ordeal really got her off

So can anyone point me in the direction of some sources corroborating the claim that insufflated LSD works faster and in a shorter timeframe than sublingual absorption? It's not that I don't believe the anecdotal evidence, it's just that I believe more in placebo.

lsd o nyour eye causes more visuals? that is complete bullshit. sorry pal, but you've been fed rumors.

And insufflated LSD causes more intense olfactory hallucinations.....I revert back to childhood and smell my brother's stinky socks...

The idea was mainly that I'd heard sublingual ingestion caused a faster onset, and was wondering if insufflation did as well. Sorry about causing all the drama...:)

i was passing through stl one day to see an old friend and get some cid, he had a g of crystal, he just snorted a quarter gram, and he tilted his head back and water puddled around his eyes, i was like "wtf is that " and he calmly said to me and ill never forget it "well this is what happens when you snort a quarter gram of acid..im going to have to ask you to leave", he ended up getting raided the next day. wonder what that trip was like jesus

So can anyone point me in the direction of some sources corroborating the claim that insufflated LSD works faster and in a shorter timeframe than sublingual absorption? It's not that I don't believe the anecdotal evidence, it's just that I believe more in placebo.

Ok, well, sublingual is not the same as oral. Sublingual might for some people be as fast as intranasal. I was comparing intranasal to oral. Oral ingestion is the tradition method for LSD, not sublingual. Personally, I don't like to keep anything under my tongue.

Here is some Erowid data on time to peak plasma level and half life for LSD based on oral ingestion and injection:

LSD is almost entirely metabolized within a day after ingestion. Since the half-life of LSD is only a few hours, only a very small amount of LSD remains even at the end of the trip, and this is excreted in the urine. All traces are undetectable after several days and are certainly gone entirely within a couple of weeks. As detection technology improves and thresholds drop (it is now possible to detect picograms reliably), the time that incredibly small amounts of it could be detected will extend.

It has long been reported that LSD is fully metabolized almost immediately after ingestion. This was based on research done in the 50's and 60s which used instruments not sensitive enough to detect the extremely small amounts of the chemical.

Occasionally, people claim that LSD has been found in spinal fluid years after the last time LSD was taken. There is no support for this claim. If anyone knows of a research article that has looked at spinal fluid of LSD users for LSD, please let us know.

Although research in the 1960s found the half-life of LSD was around 3 hours, more recent research shows that LSD's metabolism takes several hours and its peak plasma levels occur at around 3-5 hours after ingestion. It is important to note that such research is highly dependent on the individuals who were used for the research, with metabolism of many drugs varying by up to 2-3 times, larger numbers of research subjects reduces the likelihood of having a skewed range.

From "Notes on the Persistence of LSD in Humans" by Jim Ketchum MD, working with Aghajanian:
Half-life found to be around 160 minutes mean across 40 subjects. "It seems logical to conclude that in man also, its duration in the brain is finite -- almost certainly less than 24 hours."

From: "Measurement of lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) in human plasma by gas chromatography/negative ion chemical ionization mass spectrometry." Papac DL, Folts RL , J.Anal. Toxicol., 14, 189-190 (1990)
In a single volunteer given about 70 ug, the apparent plasma half-life of LSD is 5.1 hr. The peak plasma concentration of 1.9 ng/mL occurred 3 hr after administration.

From: "The determination of LSD in human plasma following oral administration", Upshall DG, Wailling DG. Clinc. chim. Acta, 1972; 36:67-73.
LSD was detectable for up to five hours...

From: "A urine screening test of lysergide" Faed EM, McLeod WR. Journal of Chromatographic Science. 11, 4-6 (1973)
"LSD and its metabolites were still detectable in human urine for as long as 4 days after the ingestion of 0.2 mg of the drug."

From LSD My Problem Child, by Albert Hofmann, 1969
The concentration of LSD in the various organs attains maximum values 10 to 15 minutes after injection, then falls off swiftly. The small intestine, in which the concentration attains the maximum within two hours, constitutes an exception. The elimination of LSD is conducted for the most part (up to 80%) through the instestine via liver and bile. Only 1 to 10 percent of the elimination product exists as unaltered LSD; the remainder is made up of various transformation products.

So that seems to be saying a peak plasma level is reached in about 3 hours for oral ingestion and about 15 minutes for injection. I don't know you wouldn't believe insufflation or sublinugual would be somewheres in between the two. There is nothing that special about the pharmokinetics of LSD.

They also point out the metabolism varies from person to person. I imagine the effeciency of various injestions routes vary somewhat from person to person too. So who are you to say for sure people are just having a placebo effect?

Well, I, personally thought it was funny, because EVERYONE likes to throw out the placebo effect response when they don't understand something. So I guess, to answer your question, I'm one part of everybody? Another way to answer it would be to say, "Who is anyone else for EVER using the placebo line?"

At any rate, it's arguable. When I take acid, I feel it within 5 minutes if taken sublingually. If I swallow a sugarcube with acid on it, it takes about 25 minutes. But the ultimate time-frame in which the trip elapses never changes. It's always approximately 7 to 8 hours.

On a side note, I agree, placebo is a big crock of shit as a generic answer to anything. It's funny to me, though, because there have been so many times, prior to my modship here, when mods would tell me I was experiencing placebo effect when I claimed to be able to determine the presence of LSD metabolites in any given sample of LSD, just based on the way it makes my body feel. I've never heard so many people throw that answer out so quickly, just to explain away something that they couldn't understand. I eventually dropped the argument, because it's not like I'll gain anything by proving myself to people (see the clean acid vs. dirty acid debates for more info).

Well, instead of "placebo" one could just say "people believing anything". Cuz they will, and do.

I'm gonna agree with Churchy on this one; no way could a blotter being in your colon (or eyelid, or ear canal, urethra, or wherever you nutcases think to shove it into) make a difference to it being anywhere else. I mean, flesh is flesh, your body is one big organ, the acid just absorbs into it. Maybe injecting would make a difference, I'm not sure. In any case, injecting sterile LSD liquid is one thing, but if you inject/plug/put blotters into your eye, you're insane.

At any rate, it's arguable.

Pharmacokinetics may be arguable when you don't have all the data, but pharmacokinetics is still a science. And while any science is arguable to a certain extent, you are giving me any good scientific reasons why LSD would be pharmacokineticly different in any significant way from other orally active drugs in general, the majority of which are faster acting insufflated then oral.

no way could a blotter being in your colon (or eyelid, or ear canal, urethra, or wherever you nutcases think to shove it into) make a difference to it being anywhere else. I mean, flesh is flesh, your body is one big organ, the acid just absorbs into it.)

Pharmacokineticly, i.e. scientifically, we know that that's not true. Different types of flesh absorb drugs at all different rates. A route that passes through the liver, i.e. through the GI tract, is going to get into circulation slower than a route that goes directly.

gloggawogga said:
And while any science is arguable to a certain extent, you are giving me any good scientific reasons why LSD would be pharmacokineticly different in any significant way from other orally active drugs in general, the majority of which are faster acting insufflated then oral.

Very true. But why does a sublingual dose of LSD last as long as an oral dose for me? Yes it comes on a couple minutes faster, but the time frame doesn't change. According to Hoffman, neither does it change with IV administration. So why would insufflation change this?

I know that normally the method of administration DOES affect the onset and duration of most drugs... but it seems that in the case of LSD we are dealing with the way in which it interacts with our bodies after ingestion. THAT is what seems to be different here.

I'm not saying that people don't feel the effects of a crushed and snorted microdot almost immediately, because I feel the effects of sublingual blotter almost immediately. But the duration of the trip always seems to remain the same, provided I'm working with similar doses at similar levels of tolerance (or lack thereof).

I was hoping people could explain that. Why would the method of LSD's ingestion change its ultimate duration in SOME people but not all people?

I just love the act of silently slipping a blotter or microdot into my mouth. Plugging and snorting seem almost like garish ways of taking the substance.

Gog said:
I just love the act of silently slipping a blotter or microdot into my mouth. Plugging and snorting seem almost like garish ways of taking the substance.

That's how I feel about snorting psychedelic PEAs.

I've never tried snorting LSD, but I didn't notice too much of a difference in onset with swallowing a hit vs holding it under the tongue. I would suspect snorting a microdot would speed the onset but I would think the time-course would still be the usual 8-12 hours.