• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Snorting Ambien IR and CR

Well, It's 8 AM est and i haven't slept. well, i just popped two ambienCR 6.5mg's - it's helping with my anxiety disorder and helping me with my sleeping disorder, all i did was kinda bite them into tiny pieces. and i was feeling it within 5-10 minutes.

anyways,
I'm new here...I was an addict to painkillers and a wholesaler as well. Yeah.. FUCK YOU DEA...(eat it)

anyway... i'm into the whole self diagnosis stuff and i enjoy reading what you users post.
i love this site and i can be a good help with these kind of things because i've experienced enough to know what does what. hah. and you guys are great. the oxymorons "joke" are poking at the ambien takers... well... what if you didnt have your oxys and no benzos... would you take benedryl or ambien? i'd def take ambien.

I second this motion.

Who gives a shit about snorting Zolpidem? Why would you snort that crap in the first place? This is depressing:|

WOW HATERS....

AMbien is one of the best prescription drugs u Can throw up your nose. Ive had effects come on in less than 1 min. Hallucinations and psychadelic feelings and thoughts every time. Very vivid imaginative hallucinations. WHy doesnt everyone FIND A REAL DRUG OF THERE OWN LIKE AMBIEN, cause your all jelouse N hatin.

this thread, along with everyone taking it seriously, is a joke.

U made me reconsider with your wise witty words. Fuck Ambien!!!! Why?! Cause PuffJ said Im a joke!!!!

get more than 32 posts before you act like you know your shit

Why are you getting your panties in a huge bunch because some people don't think ambien is as fantastic as you think it is?

Sure, its a real drug, but a weak one at that with a shitty buzz. Why does it hurt you so much that people have a difference of opinion and don't agree with you? Heroin is my drug of choice but it won't hurt my feelings if someone came up to me and said "Dope sucks! Why the fuck would you do it".

Waste of time. Kinda amusing though.

Why are you getting your panties in a huge bunch because some people don't think ambien is as fantastic as you think it is?

Sure, its a real drug, but a weak one at that with a shitty buzz. Why does it hurt you so much that people have a difference of opinion and don't agree with you? Heroin is my drug of choice but it won't hurt my feelings if someone came up to me and said "Dope sucks! Why the fuck would you do it".

Waste of time. Kinda amusing though.

Well its ok to not like it, but dude ambien is not weak. It is strong as hell.

"Strong as hell" is very subjective. If someone really likes ambien and gets "really fucked up" from it, then by all means they should enjoy it. It doesn't bother me. Personally, I have never gotten anything remotely close to a "strong" experience from it, barely even works to knock me out.

My point is everyone's experiences with drugs vary, and its stupid to fight about something like this. Who cares.

U made me reconsider with your wise witty words. Fuck Ambien!!!! Why?! Cause PuffJ said Im a joke!!!!

get more than 32 posts before you act like you know your shit

The fact that you think that there's some sort of correlation between post-count and "knowing your shit" just further emphasizes my point that you're a stupid joke. I'm very excited to see what other gems you can come up with when replying to this post you tard.

I just got these prescribed, and for many reasons don't want to take them. One of which is that I'm on other medications and don't know if mixing is a good idea (w/o a prescription for all of them). I think this is one of those pills to save for a rainy day. Or maybe winter break when I have this place to myself ;)

Well since you only had 32 posts and your last post was jumping in a thread just to say ambien sucks and not input on the topic (snorting it) at all then I was wondering how many actual posts you have....

Ambien isnt a soft drug, It can be heavy and obviously increasing dose will make it stronger. But seriously a Drug that can wake people up out of a vegatative state for a few hours cant be a REAL drug 8)

Well since you only had 32 posts and your last post was jumping in a thread just to say ambien sucks and not input on the topic (snorting it) at all then I was wondering how many actual posts you have....

Ambien isnt a soft drug, It can be heavy and obviously increasing dose will make it stronger. But seriously a Drug that can wake people up out of a vegatative state for a few hours cant be a REAL drug 8)

Actually Einstein, I didn't just jump into the thread to say it sucked, I read the thread and then decided it sucked, based on the post content. You want my input? Let me sum up the main points of this thread for you:

1. Snorting ambien burns
2. Snorting ambien makes it kick in faster
3. If you do it right, you can snort both the time-release portion of ambien CR, and the instant release portion

All of these facts are common knowledge (or at least should be) to anyone reading blue light as a registered user. That's why the thread was a joke. It'd be like reading a thread that said "If you crush oxycontin and snort it, it's a lot of fun!".

If you wanted to know how many "real" posts I had, you could have always just clicked my name and viewed my older posts...

Ambien is a soft drug. Its ability to wake people from vegitative states does not put it in a different league than other drugs, since this forum focuses on drugs of abuse and taking ambien for that purpose doesn't really correlate to abuse. I can name a bunch of drugs that can wake people from vegitative states, but they aren't recreational at all and thus aren't considered "hard" or "soft" drugs.

IMO, (and I've been prescribed all the "strongest" benzo's, chloral hydrate, and now secobarbital), ambien is a soft drug. Chloral hydrate and seconal are not. But maybe my point of view is skewed because I also happen to think that every benzo is a soft drug (halcion included). Why? Because they're extremely safe. Quadruple your dose of ambien and you'll be fine, just more messed up. Do the same with chloral hydrate, and you could very well die. Ditto with Seconal. You can take the strongest single dose of any benzo or non-benzo and increase it 10, 20, or 30 fold and not die (presupposing you don't mix anything with it). You can't do the same with chloral hydrate, barbiturates, opiates, etc. My prescribed dose of chloral hydrate was 1.5gm's every night. Death has occured at doses as low as 4gm's. My prescribed dose of seconal is 100mg every night. I'm sure that 600mg would put me in the hospital, and possibly kill me. I can take 40mg of oxycodone at a time without getting sick, if I took 160mg at once, I'm sure I'd be very sick, if not at risk for death. If I were to mix alcohol, a benzo, or practically any other downer with my prescribed dose of either seconal or chloral hydrate, it would surely land me in the hospital, if not my grave. My prescribed dose of xanax is 2mg 3 times a day. I could easily take 20mg of xanax in one go, and not die. Hell I could take 10mg of xanax at once and have a few drinks and probably be okay (no doubt I'd end up unconscious pretty quickly, but I don't think I'd die).

That's where the distinction between a hard and soft drug lies, in my opinion. Do you see why people are calling ambien a soft drug? It's not because ambien doesn't have the ability to mess you up (if you take enough of any recreational drug you'll get messed up), it's because ambien is very safe no matter how much you take, as long as you don't mix it with other drugs, and even if you do mix it with other drugs, it's still no where near as dangerous as mixing, say, barbiturates with other drugs.

Last edited:
Thanks puffj, nice summary of the thread.

In terms of harm reduction, does anyone know if there are any long term affects to railing ambien as opposed to just taking it orally??

I've been using it to sleep for a few years, and have railed 5mg about 15 times in the last two years. It just seems to kick in faster and be much more enjoyable this way. Would this cause any serious long term damage to my body?

LMFAO why would anyone snort ambien???? The OP sounds young as hell. dude just get some real drugs, there is no rush or high associated with ambien. Its prob just placebo.

nah man ambien really does have some pretty strong/weird effects. It will give ya worse amnesia then xanax or any benzo and while on ambien you have a very high chance of doing something completely retarded and not remember anything the next day. haven't u heard the stories about people taking it and then they get all fucked up and drive somewhere and get an accident or wake up in some ditch... ambien is a strong drug, whether or not its a "fun" drug is up to each person. snorting ambien burns like the worst thing ive ever tried snorting but the effects do kick in so fast its insane and get a much stronger effect from snorting.

LMFAO why would anyone snort ambien???? The OP sounds young as hell. dude just get some real drugs, there is no rush or high associated with ambien. Its prob just placebo.

Truth is, from my experience, Ambien is a pretty weird drug. I used it twice, same dosage. The first time, I attributed the few effects it had on me to placebo. The second time I used it, I had a moment of intense confusion for about five minutes (which, believe me, could NOT have been placebo) and then, nothing more. I believe that some people experience dysphoria, some feel high, some don't feel a damn thing. Like I said, Ambien is a weird drug.

And if people want to get high on Ambien, let them, I don't see why not. If you don't like it, it's really your problem. I'm getting tired of seeing half of the posts in Ambien threads repeating stuff like: "Get real drugs." If people can get a buzz off of a non-addictive sleeping pill, it's still better than getting addicted to Xanax and risking death everytime you run out. I don't even like Ambien myself that much, but I have better ways to spend my time than posting on threads I don't even care about only to insult its posters.

I like ambien got it scribed, I like to take alot mix it with benzos thats always fun. and it potentiates opiates.

but I just pop em. once tried snorting burned hell out of my nose.

I have plenty of experience with all kinds of drugs many many times. lol

When nothing else was around I've snorted ambien cr with little burn.. and found it much more effective nasally than orally.

When taken orally it's a bit harder for me to fall asleep. When taken nasally, I can easily stay up with a nice light euphoric buzz. Doesn't last too long though...

Everytime I've snorted 1 ambien, I wake up the next day with an empty bottle.... so amnesia is pretty bad with this drug too.

But anyone who says taking it orally is the same as nasally obviously has not done it nasally.