• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Snorting Ambien IR and CR

Self_Cultivated

Bluelighter
Im new here, so I figured I'd start with one of my favorite topics :]
SNORTING AMBIEN!
For those who do not know the Psychoactive drug in Ambien is Zolpidem.
Most users are given this medication to treat mild-severe Insomnia, Sleep-problems, and other related troubles. Taken oraly Ambien takes effect pretty fast. Ambien IR(Instant release) doesn't last as long as the CR(Controlled Release). The CR simply has one side of the IR and the other half of the pill is designed to digest slower than normal, dragging out the effects of Ambien. Thus keeping you asleep longer.
Now, enough mumbojumbo. The answers!

1. Yes you can snort ambien.
2. It gives you more of a rush(by rush I mean its alot easier to stay awake when snorted rather than ingested) rather than the sleepy, downed felling when taken oraly.
3. You feel a mixture of being stoned, and tipsy. Hitting rather fast, Ambien works great when snorted.

As for Snorting Ambien CR, im sure the effects are the same if the person were to properly crush the pill so that there is no timed release.

I give this information from personal experience, and some help with google :]
So if you're looking for more than the noraml high from Ambien, expect a Euphoric, Delirious time from snorting it.

(P.S.)[Not recommended to drive after snorting Ambien, as you lose sense of direction easily.]

This is all informal. Hope it helped. And btw, I will be trying Ambien CR in a few minutes. I will post feedback on this Thread on how well it works.

Have fun and happy snorting!
P.P.S. Snorting Ambien burns like the fire from 7 suns.... But wait 2 minutes, its worth it in my opinion..:)

If you have any information or questions about Ambien, I hope this post can help. Feel free to ask questions, or give more info on the subject,

Last edited:
fuck snorting ambien cr... snort ocs haha i took like 4 of them ambien crs once and watched apocalypse now and i couldnt understand shit about what going on.... i would never do them again .. unless i wanted to go to sleep.

habboz, yes you infact can snort Ambien, tho it may burn. The effects are much more intense and kick in much quicker. Dont believe me? Try it yourself with a normal 10mg Ambien IR

And repeat, oc's are fun. Not gonna lie. BUT did you take the CR oraly? Or try snorting it. When ambien is snorted it gives you more of a rush effect, and its alot easier to stay awake.

ok lemme just get this straight i thought it was sleeping medicine? and if it gives a rush how do u stay awake? :S

It is sleeping medicine, When I snorted it, a single 10mg line. I didnt get half of the sleepy-ness of ingesting it. I'am not exactly positive on how it works but it does give you more of a rush than knock you out. Its a Euphoric buzz, light headed, dizzy, very happy, all around good feeling. And when i wake up the next day I am left with no side effects, no comedown, or withdraw. Tho i havnt gotten heavy into it. I'll snort about 4 10mgs a week just for the fun buzz.
Im about to try out this 12.5mg CR, crused it up, ready to snort.

and this is over the counter right? i dunno im skeptical of any of that sleeping shit or robotussin or whatever i tried it and felt like shit .. fuckin nasty , never again!

^ no it's a schedule IV Rx

IMO snorting ambien isn't worth the nasal discomfort. Like you said the IR kicks in quickly (within 10-15 min for me in the past) and snorting it doesn't affect me any more than swallowing it, and has definitely not ever given me a "rush". But hey, to each his own...

IMO snorting ambien isn't worth the nasal discomfort. Like you said the IR kicks in quickly (within 10-15 min for me in the past) and snorting it doesn't affect me any more than swallowing it, and has definitely not ever given me a "rush". But hey, to each his own...

exactly people and their otc shit its all placebo or just plain being poisined and there is definatly like no euphoria its basically a bad trip with - euphoria :p f that

habboz, no Ambien is not over the counter. It is a prescription drug. And yes kzorroz you can get the same effects just swallowing. But for some out there who have snorted the 10mg IR's have given positive feedback on the effects. When you take it oraly, you get the body feeling, when you snort it, it gives more of the feeling to the head, its odd, and hard to explain. Just getyourself a 10mg ambien. Put it in a small baggie(like the ones off cigerette packs) and crush it to holy hell. Till its power. Rail that and tell me how you feel in 5 minutes. :]

P.S. Just snorted the CR, worked just as planned. Im experiencing superb dizziness, txt becomes softer, and seems to move a little bit. Hard to walk straight, but overall. I feel good.
If you thought it was gonna be perfect for you that wasnt the matter, this is simply what it does for me. For otheres it may be different.

since you seem to be such an expert on the subject i will give you my question self cultivated that no one seemed to answer.

12.5mg Ambien CR..........

Question 1. -Cross Tolerance- I know Benzos have an extremely high cross tolerance. Infact for me if i take 10mg of xanax and havent taken klonopin in years and years i would have to take 10mg assuming they equipotent.

Now Non-Benzos are obviously not Benzos but they act on the same GABA receptors and the feeling is generally the same decreased anxiety and sleepiness. So how much cross tolerance is there between benzos say xanax and non benzos say ambien. Is it like near 100% like xanax to ativan to klonopin? or much less?

Question 2. -Taking Ambien CR- If like most people are saying that 10mg is instantly released and 2.5 over time its easier to just swallow it then have all that gel and practically half the pill stuck in your teeth and you cant get it out. But if not whats the best way to get the TR off chewing it to mush gets all up in your teeth. i guess you can crush it and parachute it but that would take forever with 5-7 pills because obviously i have a tolerance to this drug.

But like in question 1 i want to know if its because ive been taking ambien for a year or because of the extreme benzo intake cross tolerance. I want to know what you guys think i should do . How the TR works? And how do you do it?

Question 3. -Benzo WD- If your going through benzo withdrawal will non benzos like ambien, lunesta etc help with WD. Im guessing it will since they are very similar and act on the GABA receptors.

I've taken Ambien a few times before, and the LAST thing I would call it is euphoric. If anything its dysphoric. The best way I can describe it is that it has a psychedelic effect like sativa weed, but at the same time the opposite of weed in that I felt irritated and kinda depressed. And disorientation, but not the "lol this is fun" kind w/weed, but the "where the fuck am I? I wanna go home and sleep". Just a weird feeling thats hard to describe and something that I never want to feel again.

This is from MY experience though, I know that others enjoy Ambien. I've never snorted it though, and dont get why you do if it burns that badly.

Snorting ambien (IR and ER) never caused me any pain, far far less than snorting MDMA, and I'd never take it again by any other ROA, it kicks in immediately and is much more effective and euphoric than eating, which never gave me particularly good effects. I have never experienced anything "trippy" or "psychedelic" from it at all.
Just my experience with the stuff, I know many people do get hallucinogenic effects of one kind or another from it, and the burn is probably due to the brand being used.

Get some REAL drugs, this thread blows...

u guys need to quit hating. first off, ambien is not an over the counter drug. Its a schedule 4 drug. Its a nonbenzodiazepine but it does work on gaba like benzos. It is very similiar to benzos. If u like xanax and klonopin, ull like ambien. I like ambien way better than xanax as far as euphoria goes. I have the ambien CR 12.5mg right now. I have never tried snorting them but tonight i will try the experiment. I guess the best thing to do is lick the coating off like an OC then proceed to crush. I will report back.

u guys need to quit hating. first off, ambien is not an over the counter drug. Its a schedule 4 drug. Its a nonbenzodiazepine but it does work on gaba like benzos. It is very similiar to benzos. If u like xanax and klonopin, ull like ambien. I like ambien way better than xanax as far as euphoria goes. I have the ambien CR 12.5mg right now. I have never tried snorting them but tonight i will try the experiment. I guess the best thing to do is lick the coating off like an OC then proceed to crush. I will report back.

Yes, Ambien is a psychoactive drug, and people take it recreationally. No doubt. But to say that its "euphoric" is laughable. Just my opinion.

And that guy saying "get a real drug" means a get a drug thats actually euphoric. But to each his own.

Oh, and I like benzos but hate Ambien.

the unknown,
I am not an expert, but what Im getting from what you're saying in your first question of cross-tolerance is that your body is very used to benzo's and the feeling of benzo's. Yes ambien is technically not a benzo but as you pointed out it works on the gaba receptors.
My answer to that is you are simply so used to the effects that a 10mg Ambien or even the 12.5 CR's wont give much of a stronger feeling than you've had before with the xanax and kpins.
Im sorry I cant be more help on the subject, as I said im no expert. This was simply a post of my experiences with ambien. I've only taken xanax maybe 3 times and i've had some kpins in my time aswell.