Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sniffer dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are if the police get a warrant or if the promoters invite or allow them. A warrent wouldnt't be too hard if the police can provide sufficient evidence (ie, not much) that there will be drugs at the event to the courts. And with the PMA death recently, the judge would just allow it anyway, especially in NSW.

has anyone here actually been "strip searched" in one of these police tents @ a festival event?

if so - what did it entail? it sounds kind of invasive!

jimbu said:
has anyone here actually been "strip searched" in one of these police tents @ a festival event?

I have never been searched, but I am pretty sure that this is the process:

1. They can pat you down or scan you with an electronic scanner at any point (like in a queue). They can ask you to remove gloves, hat, jacket, scarf, etc., on the spot.

2. If they still suspect you, they can take you to a discreet place (out of site, to respect your dignity) and ask you to remove clothing down to your underwear. They can not do it for you.

3. If they STILL suspect you, they can strip search you, but must charge you first (posession or supply, I guess), and take you down to the station where a same-sex officer or representative can strip search you- but not cavity search you.

Does anyone know better?

andy2467 said:
3. If they STILL suspect you, they can strip search you, but must charge you first (posession or supply, I guess), and take you down to the station where a same-sex officer or representative can strip search you- but not cavity search you.

Does anyone know better?

I'm not entirely sure you need to be charged before a strip search can commence. See some previous discussion on this:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=265515
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?p=3833298#post3833298
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=270153&page=2

Just to add to this...I was talking to an ex army guy about the dogs. He said in training they had hermetically sealed military canisters filled with chems used to make explosives. Everything was done to lab standards...this was for training /testing the dogs for the search of those kinds of things in the field. The canisters where obviously hidden

.... and the dogs came through every time. Scary huh?

250 000 times the human sense of smell will do that to you.

i was thinking this the other day, no proof at all just a theory.

Smell is like noise right? if theres lots of smells then its like background noise. Dogs are trained, however, to find what they are looking for within this noise.

I was thinking that properly wrapped pills put inside the falmable fluid part of a zippo lighter would hve to create lots of "background noise" like the smell of hte fluid is immense and would have to overpower the smell at least a little.

though i still subscribe to the undie taping in case of a strip search

just a thought

slateroz i can guarantee you that if an independant company did similar testing they would get very, very diff results

if the dogs are so good why do they only go for a smll percentage of people who r carrying? i had a mate who had a large amount of pills just in his wallet and they walked straight past him and ended up getting a guy who only had 2 pills.

also another question can cops search your wallet? it seems whenever im searched they just have a quick flick through and never open half the compartments....wierd.

If they suspect drugs on you they will search yuor wallet. They also search your wallet when you are arrested or locked up.

I thought this was interesting. Found it on the Powerhouse Productions forum in the Past Event - Manic 2007 thread

my mate had one of the dogs sit next to him, and we dont know why, cause he had nothing on him and the cops searched him for like 20mins and found nothing, and he hadnt even touched any drug, but it was alright they let him go in the end, and even apologised, so at least they were kool about it

i've been hassled by the NSW cops with sniffers at my local pub.

one day i was in my local just minding my own business and having lunch with some business associates when some fucking bull-dyke, (with four other pin-headed coppers) walked up to me and squawked..."this dog has detected drugs on you and whatever you may say me be blah bla blah..."

bloody hell i thought.... what the fuck had i done? i had no drugs on me

anyway two male coppers took me to the shithouse and felt me up.....the dirty cunts 8o .

they found nothing.

IMO....the only reason the dog picked me out as a drug possessor was because some dude sat in the same chair before i did covered in some drug...prollly THC.

the thing that pissed me off about this whole episode was that i had been ridiculed in front of a hundred people and lost the respect of business clients because a snifffer dog had identifyed drugs in the vacinity of where i was sitting.

how do i know this is true...well i hadn't touched any drugs months prior to the dog identifying me.

finally sniffer dogs aren't a court of law which is what they are being used for now in some instances. innocent people are being humiliated in front of others for simply sitting where someone had previously sat which had left a drug scent.

it happened to me and i'm sure other people have been put on public trial by the cops with their snifffer dogs....mistaking a location with a person.

fucking dogs.

Last edited:
Did you ask the cops to write down you were very unhappy about the detection and inspection?

PLEASE report this to the NSW obudsman. If it was a while ago say you are writing now as you were recently told you can complain about such things. You will help in getting rid of sniffer dogs.

Another dirty cop trick is though, if they just suspect you to have drugs, they wait for the dog to look at a close by person and very gently send a signal down the belt...

Splatt said:
Did you ask the cops to write down you were very unhappy about the detection and inspection?

PLEASE report this to the NSW obudsman. If it was a while ago say you are writing now as you were recently told you can complain about such things. You will help in getting rid of sniffer dogs.

Another dirty cop trick is though, if they just suspect you to have drugs, they wait for the dog to look at a close by person and very gently send a signal down the belt...

nah man.

to lodge a complaint with some half-sucked governement department is a waste of time mate. i'd rather play with me ballsack rather than waste my time with thesze cunts.

however, i spoke to the publican who knows me well and he said he would register my complaint with the local cops...because he had a gutful of innocent people being harassed as well.

From a recent report something silly like 19 people out of thousands sniffed and searched have actually been convicted in the whole state since sniffer dogs have been used (or maybe last year). The NSW obudsman has actually encouraged people to write a letter with their encounters and is concerned for the safety of young party goers because people are taking their whole nights worth of drugs at once to avoid sniffer dogs and risking overdose.

^ Yeah, I think it was like 19 out of 10,000. I dont see why they have totally ignored the ombudsmans report. I think its a disgrace that tax payers money is getting wasted on the use of sniffer dogs when it is clear they are not working. It would be interesting to see the figures on the cost of policing with sniffer dogs, and if they general public knew this I'm sure many people would be outraged!

jimbu said:

Basically before the actual strip search even happens usually you get interviewed by several cops one at a time. They will all ask the same questions (if you don't have a licence or something on you they will ask where you live etc) so if your going to make some bullshit up make sure you remember what it was you told the cop(s) before the next person. But try to be as honest as possible as they might get you for it in court.

1. They can pat you down or scan you with an electronic scanner at any point (like in a queue). They can ask you to remove gloves, hat, jacket, scarf, etc., on the spot.

2. If they still suspect you, they can take you to a discreet place (out of site, to respect your dignity) and ask you to remove clothing down to your underwear. They can not do it for you.

3. If they STILL suspect you, they can take you down to the station where a same-sex officer or representative can strip search you- but not cavity search you.

Thats pretty much the rest of the strip search process.

I hear masking agents don't work for dogs because because there sense of smell is not only stronger then ours but works in a differnt way too.

Apperently there smell is like our vision. When we see things we can easly see a whole range of colours. Simply adding more colours doesn't hind anything.

Thats just what I heard though.

I got 3 good sniffer dog tales:
1. I had had a smoke with a mate and went to catch a train at my local station at 10 ish in the morning with my work bag with my lunch in it. About 20 cops come down the stairs with 2 sniffer dogs and handlers. I stayed pretty calm even though i was a bit ripped, and sure enough the dog sits in front of me where I was sitting munching on a sanga.
I had to take off my shoes, socks empty my pockets, wallet because the dog had detected the presence of drugs. I said I got no drugs (which was true) and the women handler barked"the dogs don't lie" , and when I went to pat the dog ( a beagle) she told me if I touched it I could be charged with assaulting police. Anyhow he went besek in my work bag ( I'd had some pot in there a few weeks earlier and I joked it liked my lunch. The cops gave me a lecture that I will be caught next time... fuckers..
2. I was at a club in Kings X , we were staying at a mates place five mins walk away where we kept most of our stash. Anyhow was sitting pilled out of my brain with 2 bickies in my pocket , when I noticed 2 cops come in the front door and start looking about, I necked my other 2 on the spot (discreetly mind you) and was absolutely hammered 45 mins later, but got away scot free.
3. Was at Syd int airport lining up with my bags to go O/S and had been up the night before snorting coke all night using a note in my wallet to do so. Anyhow while in line these dogs and handlers walk up and announce they are doing their final level of training before they are fully qualified drug dogs. I panick slightly and excuse myself to go to the toilet , where i empty my wallet and am in the bathroom washing all my notes and soaking my wallet in case there is residual charlie, but no dramas..
Thats my 2 cents.

Went to Melbourne for an event last year, come from Adelaide we always get rumours of sniffer dogs but no ACTUAL sniffer dogs so we were a little worried. Didn't actually bring anything over as we were flying and ended up going out the night before the big event and dropping pills there instead.

Next night in front of the big event one of our friends who is a clean raver was stopped by sniffer dogs. We all got a good laugh out of it considering we knew they wouldn't find anything. He suspects it was because he was wearing the same pants he'd worn at the club where people were quite openly smoking weed in a chill-out area and the dog must've smelt it. He was also told off for trying to be friendly with the sniffer dog.

On the weekend they used a dog at a popular "underground" rave event in Brisbane, but it was only there for an hour or less. I was smelling weird stuff everywhere so I think someone funny decided to fuck up the enterence with dog detterents or sprinkling leaf or dropping sassafras oil all around the place :) Funny bastards..... ;)

Anyway, after the dog couldn't be used, they were just getting plain clothes to pull rabdoms aside and search their pockets without asking.. just reaching in there and stuff and patting them down lifting up their shirts etc... Alot of girls got frisked too by MALE plain clothes police officers. I'm going to get as much people as I can who were searched illegally and write their reports down and send an official complaint to the police about this. The state would not allow this at all, it was a Fortitude Valley operation. I know a high ranking state police officer who would like to know about this information, because part of his job is to stop police corruption. If you were illegally searched on Saturday 30th June night, please put your story here or better yet e-mail me or PM me using my profile, thanks.

And props to the cops who stayed at the bathroom enterence for about 45 minutes looking totally non suspicious.. good work, what are you filming uss piss now, poofs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.