Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sniffer dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol i've have heard pepper works pretty well aswell, i know this 'dope pedler' he use to put the bag of bud in the bag of pepper cause he has police dogs on his door step every few months....
it could work :D

I was google searching looking for more information on how the law enforcement handled their sniffer dogs, and more information from A-Z, etc ...seems there isnt much, just mostly media reports, or maybe I am not looking hard enough, but speaking of sniffer dogs, I found this pretty ammusing old story from June 29, 2001 and its about "senior Iraqi official accusing the United Nations of corruption, and said "UN Spends More on Sniffer Dogs Than People" hehe....

http://www.globalpolicy.org/security/sanction/iraq1/oilforfood/2001/0629dogs.htm

Some of you may be interested in this

Laboratory and Field Experiments used to Identify Canis Lupus var. familiaris Active Odor Signature in Chemicals from Drugs, Explosives and Humans

Abstract:

This paper describes the use of headspace solidphase microextraction (SPME) combined with gas chromatography to identify the signature odors that law enforcement certified detector dogs alert to when searching for drugs, explosives, and humans. Background information is provided on the many types of detector dog available and specific samples highlighted in this paper are the drugs cocaine and 3,4-methylenedioxy-N methylamphetamine (MDMA or Ecstasy), the explosives TNT and C4, and human remains.

Once again, kindly hosted by Rhodium.

I still stand forever by my wonderlicious Tigerbalm.

Buy a pot of it, scoop a bunch out, put your baggie inside, repack the balm carefully around the baggie so it's completely sealed. I swear the dogs can't smell it then.

It's an awesome roll toy too, you know.

I'm sorry but I fucking HATE these little bastards.
Ask TiTTy.
Fucking dogs.
Why don't you just got a fuck off... fucking fuckers.
:X

What about doing the following... ?

Bagging your *stuff* normally, and dacking them (placing them in your underwear). If a dog comes up to you can't you simply claim that have been around people smoking marijuana just before coming to the event (seeing as the events are late at night it is believable). If they ask who with, just claim it was with a different group of people. I doubt a policeman will take you to the cop shop for a full strip search after seemingly being upfront with him.

Remember if dogs are actually trained to sniff for drugs marijuana will definately be one of them so you are relatively safe to be this upfront with a dog handler.

I suppose the above can be used for any circumstance not just entering an event or club.

Now I'd be the last one to say that this paper is representative of all the work done in the area of identifying "signature" chemicals for canine odour detection of MDMA, but a couple of points are worth noting.

Firstly the paper says nothing much of MDMA produced from safrole, as the benzaldehyde piperonal is the only marker found with a detection level in the mgs. But without a doubt some if not a considerable amount of MDMA is made from safrole. I could argue as to why I think this is true, but it's not really the place. However, if we are to assume at least some "smelly" pills we see in Australia are made from safrole as the starting material, then it could be that dogs here are trained to detect this rather than other markers (incl MDMA itself) which are effectively odorless to dogs.

BUT, if you look at the tables and graphs of the above linked paper, it can be seen that minimum canine detectable levels are as as high as 10mg for piperonal, which was concluded to be the most detectable substance. Safrole and Isosafrole at 10ug weren't detectable at all, i.e. 100% failure (Table 2) Interesting to compare to the 50% detection level at only 1ug - canine + human - of cocaines methyl-butyl ester impurity ! 8o

In fact, the threshold detection levels for law enforcement trained detector dogs and humans are similar as seen in Fig. 1.

Now I know humans and dogs have different degrees of sensitivity for various things and that a dog's sense of smell is generally greater for most things. But it is interesting that for many markers and those examined in this article, dogs performed rather poorly, especially with something like safrole, which I would have thought would be detectable at very low levels. Even piperonal did rather poorly compared to similar compounds; benzaldehyde was detectable at the 10ug level. They are both aldehydes, structurally similar and both with quite a smell, so I'm quite surprised at this variation. Piperonal smells like a cross between vanilla and marzipan; distingtively different to safrole- more sickly sweet. One difference which in part accounts for this is that piperonal is a solid and benzaldehyde a liquid at room temperature & pressure (.`. benzaldehyde vaporises easier).

In reading the conclusion - "In studies where different over the counter tablets were analyzed, it was concluded that none of the headspace compounds in the original trials were present these tablets " -it appears this article achieved little in identifying suitable candidate molecules for training detection dogs to uncover MDMA made from different sources via different routes. Does this then mean that a "zip bag with 10 pills down the daks" could be safe?

I wouldn't put my faith in it but it does raise a few questions. I can think of a couple of ways of putting it to the test.... =D

Conclusions

Overall, these results demonstrate that SPME/GC/MS combined with field tests using certified detector dogs is an effective method for identifying active odor signature chemicals in forensic specimens. For the drug studies it was found that passive adsorption using DFLEX devices containing activated charcoal was not sensitive enough to recover signature odors from the headspace of MDMA tablets. Only when very large samples (i.e. greater than 250 g) were extracted for extended periods of time (i.e. 1 week) were odors reliably detected. However, with headspace SPME it was found that with the implemented use of the CW/DVB and PDMS fibers with 3 h extraction times it was possible to obtain consistent signature odors from the headspace of a single MDMA tablet. Many compounds of interest were found to be present in the headspace composition of these tablets, including piperonal, MD-P2P and methamphetamine.

Through examinations of different tablets, however, it was concluded that the metamphetamine found within certain tablets were present due to its addition as an adulterant or contaminant and not the direct result of synthetic manufacturing and that piperonal and MD-P2P were the common chemicals seen in all samples tested. In studies where different over the counter tablets were analyzed, it was concluded that none of the headspace compounds found within these tablets were present in the headspace of MDMA tablets, therefore negating the possibility of false positive alerts from the canines in association with these commonly encountered tablets. Field studies directly focusing on the signature odor of MDMA have shown that canines are alerting to approximately 10–100 mg of the piperonal compound that is found exclusively in MDMA tablets.

These results need further verification through repetitive field studies, but the results to date indicate that piperonal is the dominant odor used by the canines tested when alerting to MDMA samples. Since MDMA manufactured through different synthetic routes can yield different signature chemicals, it is important to perform ongoing studies of headspace odors from current street samples and more than one MDMA training aid may be required for optimal performance in the future....

Last edited:
Notneo,
I don't mean to flame you but that is not a good idea at all.. the dog will alert to exactly where the smell is coming from (not just a general *hmm.. i can smell drugs somewhere on this persons clothing*), and you will be searched regardless of how upfront you are (or pretend to be) with them.. The best idea is to keep your drugs high up on your body where the dogs nose cannot reach.. this is not guaranteed to be 100% effective though, especially if you are carrying pot which has such a strong odour.
But i can guarantee you this, if you have drugs in your pants and a dog has a little sniff, he will find them.

fyi.................

i've heard from a reliable source that the the doggies with be at some sydney train stations next week on the days of a *national musical event.*

hope this helps and take care.

moderators, feel free to edit if necessary.

Hey

Just thought I would backup what a few people have been saying here with my technique.

I am pretty paranoid about sniffer dogs in general especially at festivals so use a few different things.

1. Double bag. Put gear in one bag and make sure it is tightly sealed. Wash hands thoroughly (optionally get some latex gloves and put them on at this point). Get some vinegar on some paper towel and wipe down the exterior of the bag including the "flaps" near the seal. Wash hands again or remove gloves. Get a second bag (make sure it is completely clean). Put first bag in there and seal it up.

2. (outdoors) Carrying I try to put as high on my body as possible. I usually take a crappy hat and roll the bag then slip it around the lining of the hat.

3. (indoors) If not wearing any head dress or what not, you can try taping or pinning to the should or arm of a shirt/jacket. Holes in jacket linings are also good.

So, that is my two cents. I usually take as little as I need and preferable drop before I go if only going for a bit.

On the legal front, the NSW laws are an outrage. I always take note of anything to do with the NSW laws as civil liberties is a pet interest. It is shocking to see the amount of harassment that the legislation now makes lawful. As previously pointed out, the random tests catch small time users rather than the organized syndicates. The accusatory tone that is adopted by the police when a dog does notice something should also be reprimanded. But.. ooh.. anyway.. that will have to wait for another time.

--kks

Wow...its been ages since i started this thread...forgot about it actually. Ive been using the chilli powder method and had no dramas. A freind of mine in Briz has some how come to own an ex police dog so where going to try a few thingz in March..ill be sure to write the results!

I know that this is going to the extreem, but it is worth the effort!
Grab your bag, double bag it! then (you may need a friend to help you) open up a balloon, nice and wide so the bag doesnt touch the edges. Then tie it in a not. Wash the bag in warm water for about 5 minutes. Then do the same with another balloon and wash again. the main area where people can go wrong is not washing your hands after zip locking your bag. used gloves if you have too.

If your going to do something you might as well do it properly and take the effort to make sure it will work. especially if you are carrying a bit.

This has been tested, and works! (stupid NSW Laws)

^^^^^ Sorry, forgot to mention that the way you open your balloons is with a felt tip pen that you have in another pocket/bag or whatever, so you can "wright peoples numbers down" Or whatever. You can use a knife obviously but that will show on a metal detector, so go with the pen.

Last edited:
Here doggie doggie doggie

A bunch of us went to an event in Sydney where there were plenty of sniffer dogs inside the gate to be found.

3 dogs came up to my friend who just so happend to have stashed about 10 pills in her bra and the dogs just walked off.

Our trick? Loads of purfume squirted all over the outsides of the baggies and put them some place high (bra, or guys could pin them inside their hat or high up on the inside of their shirt etc...)

All of us got in with out a worry using this method, and we all were loaded up with our stashes!

i gota few experiences to share..

one day i was coming out of bondi junction station, walk out of the gates, not noticing alabrador with 3 undercovers following me. they pull me to the side.. check my pockets, patdown, i just said i had weed on me before- thats why i smell.. they let me on my way, weed did fine sitting in my undies.

one night i'm taken down to the station for some other reasons, while they process me i ask to go to bathroom, officer asks if i have any drugs on me (hah), i reply 'no' and go off on my way to flush some H down the dunny.

oops this was about sniffer dogs, sorry

Just some half truths too add to this topic:

1) I have been led to believe that you either have pot dogs or amphetamine dogs - might not be a good idea to blame second hand smoke when a dog starts mauling your pocket...

2) Knowing a guy that was actaully maning a cop dog at the Sydney leg of a recent national festival, he informed me that it would take a large (>8) amount of pills for a dog to detect, and even then it would be touch and go

Look at the facts - I have not smelt so much pot at an event as I did at the gig mentioned above, yet there were only like 80 fines given????

Recent "Hard on Drugs" media advertisment at Darling Harbour - 11 people busted!

At the end of the day I think the main thing is to be confident - no that the chances of you getting busted are not very high and just enjoy your night - in the end it will only be a fine or a court appearance that you will likely be able to dum down to something that wont be on your record anyway...

[Edit][Just turned off smilies so your figure of 8 would be seen. Oh, and welcome to Bluelight; p_d]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well they don't just strip search everyone the dog sniffs, if your smart enough to keep your drugs out of your pockets the chances are you'll be fine (Dirty Pig Trick #45827: pulling the waistband of your pants outwards so they can look for drugs. Solution: wear a belt or tight pants!). illegal strip searches at clubs? unlucky isolated incidents.. also out of interest can you explain what happened in more detail, did they check everyone's arse? they can only strip search you if your arrested, but i've known people who've had the whole shabang done to them in dark allys by determined pigs, they never found shit though. oops stupid puns

Status
Not open for further replies.