• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Smoking Heroin Megathread v. Like Chasing a Dragon

Hello. Hope everyone’s having a wonderful day. I took so many of the scraps / sand or collections of powdered leftover tar which is brown to black and combined it all because I don’t like dealing with sand …I added a bit of water which I’ve done twice before. Each time I had forgotten about it so it was hard as a rock.

This time it’s like a watched pot that never boils as obviously I added too much water and didn’t store it properly. I’ve tried desiccant… it’s been like 3 months… I’ve even opened it a little to the air… Whatever I’m buying comes that hard because of however they are blending their cut.

We even talked one day about how they cut it - They said less they kill someone because it’s so strong… Whatever… but I wasn’t really listening as they went on to say something about re-firing which I didn’t listen as I never expected to have those kind of quantities where I’d have to deal with it that way - cut to babysit others or just for myself.

It comes in blocks so hard that it’s almost impossible to break - I can’t even break it with my hands I have to smack it with something repeatedly. I know it gets that hard because of whatever way they are doing to it. I guess I kind of imagined it much like re-rocking C or someone blending really good cut with clear instead of just throwing some rock salt in it…

I use a micro milligram scale because long gone are the days of counting on eyeballing it because I don’t want to be one of those dummies that accidentally overdoses because if I’m going to off myself, I want it to be my choice & on my terms. Also I do this in an effort to keep it manageable which has worked for quite some time.

I’ve got maybe 6g but it won’t dry so I’m worried about bacteria. It’s the leftovers of stuff that’s long gone so I already know the quality yet due to the change in state, I have no idea how I can weigh it… the only thing I can possibly think of is possibly maybe 15 seconds on and off in the microwave yet heat is what melts the stuff. And back in the day when it was wet and I put it in the freezer that just still keeps it moist and only hardens it momentarily and definitely wouldn’t deal with any of the bacterial issues. Probably most of all I’m just worried about the inability to apples to apples weigh.

I would love a fast answer but if not I think I can make it till later today because I do have some of the last bit that is still dry .

Thank you so much in advance. Oh OMT, Walgreens has decided that they’re going to up the price here to $8 a bag instead of $12 per 100 or 10 bags and I cannot go to Walmart. It’s difficult enough for me to order online but I’ve looked and there are a lot of mixed messages and not that great of deals that I have seen. So if anyone has any advice in that arena for overnight delivery possibly I’m sure I can wait a few days for at least a box of 100 that’s not exorbitantly expensive, no script required, again much appreciated.

Take care and I hope to hear back soon.
Maybe try putting it in a glass baking dish and sticking it in the oven on 250 but leave the door cracked a little. It should dry it out for you. If it is fent then this may shock it and make it lose a little potency but if it's real h then you should be fine. This is one of the ways that it is rocked up also after a binder is added to the mix

I just noticed this was on smoking on foil. Lol

Thanks for the response I appreciate it.

It's an art.
To say the least! Consistency, as well as % of cut and purity play a major factor. When all things are "baby bear" just right, which is rare, melting point is achieved quickly and your gear all breaks down at once rather than a little at a time and it just glides down the foil like mercury across stainless steel. Most of the time though, I'll see people smoking and just burning the hell out of it and coughing their ass off from the smallest hits. Even before iv use, I didn't smoke often. Huge muddy water fan though. Still do that occasionally. Break your gear down like you're going to do a shot but break the needle off of the syringe then insert that inside the nostril as deep as you can without injuring yourself and SLOWLY depress the plunger with your head tilted back during and for a few minutes after so the drain is going the right direction. Depending on additives it's usually not so bad. It does burn though, which is why I said slowly depress. I found I enjoyed that high for a longer duration as well as more intense high than smoking. Firm belief h shouldn't be smoked at all. Wasting more than you're tasting.

I just got some good quality #4 powdered dope off the onions. I have only had #3 in the past, and smoking on foil is by far my favorite ROA. I've heard that smoking #4 is a waste, but I tried it anyway. It seemed to burn just fine and I felt the effects... So is smoking it really a waste? Do people say that because its actually wasting heroin, or just because it doesn't run on foil that well? I would like to stretch my supply as much as possible, so would smoking it really use it up much quicker than snorting? I'll probably try plugging it up my ass soon as well.

Wow I appreciate all of these responses, in such a quick time too! Seems to be FAR more reliable than reddit for asking questions...

Last edited:
No 3 is usually cut with caffeine to change it's melting point and make it run better on foil.

This is most likely done for a good reason .

I just got some good quality #4 powdered dope off the onions. I have only had #3 in the past, and smoking on foil is by far my favorite ROA. I've heard that smoking #4 is a waste, but I tried it anyway. It seemed to burn just fine and I felt the effects... So is smoking it really a waste? Do people say that because its actually wasting heroin, or just because it doesn't run on foil that well? I would like to stretch my supply as much as possible, so would smoking it really use it up much quicker than snorting? I'll probably try plugging it up my ass soon as well.
I always smoke No 4. The less efficiency certainly is made up for the much better high of No 4.

No 3 is usually cut with caffeine to change it's melting point and make it run better on foil.

This is most likely done for a good reason .
I always thought it was #4 that was cut with caffeine to make it burn better... the #3 I've had previously had no caffeine and smoked great. but who knows anymore, there's so much mixed info about heroin.

I always thought it was #4 that was cut with caffeine to make it burn better... the #3 I've had previously had no caffeine and smoked great. but who knows anymore, there's so much mixed info about heroin.
This is correct. Type 3 does not need anything added and burns fine. No 4 still burns (as i said i prefer smoking 4 than 3) however additional caffeine would add weight and make it smoke better. I never by my No 4 unless its chuncks off the brick not powder.

It's not a waste at all. That used to be one of my favorite roas actually...1 bag (where I was at) would usually result in 4 "hits", so if you wanted to consume your stuff over a protracted period of time, with a little ritualized drug use component too lol...safer and less hard on your body than banging it, and more immediate than sniffing it, with a pleasant, long-lasting (assuming relatively high quality stuff) high

Unlike tar I never attempted to "chase" it at all. I'd always just place just enough for one single hit down on the surface, turn it all to vapor within a second or two, then put down another hit on a separate spot when I was ready to re-dose

All I know is the "brown" as we call it that we get around here , which doesnt dissolve in water is cut with caffeine, it has to be to run so well on foil.

Ultimately the best test is to try smoking some amount of it. Then try plugging/snorting and compare your bang for buck.

I only had limited access to powder and snorted it. I smoked my fair share of tar tho. That was my favorite roa. Banging was not an option for me.

But one time I plugged good tar and it was a grand experience.

Still, there's nothing quite like the joy of lazily Smoking quality opiates.

This is correct. Type 3 does not need anything added and burns fine. No 4 still burns (as i said i prefer smoking 4 than 3) however additional caffeine would add weight and make it smoke better. I never by my No 4 unless its chuncks off the brick not powder.
Oh alright I see, thankfully my vendor definitely isn't adding too much cut of anything. But I may add a ratio of caffeine to see if it makes it even better for smoking. Thanks for the quick replies!!

Ultimately the best test is to try smoking some amount of it. Then try plugging/snorting and compare your bang for buck.

I only had limited access to powder and snorted it. I smoked my fair share of tar tho. That was my favorite roa. Banging was not an option for me.

But one time I plugged good tar and it was a grand experience.

Still, there's nothing quite like the joy of lazily Smoking quality opiates.
Exactly, I just love the action of smoking. It makes heroin much more appealing to me... But I definitely need to try plugging soon to compare, as you said.... At some point I will shoot, but am relatively new to heroin, and still only a teen. So I am hesitant. Why can't you bang it?

It's not a waste at all. That used to be one of my favorite roas actually...1 bag (where I was at) would usually result in 4 "hits", so if you wanted to consume your stuff over a protracted period of time, with a little ritualized drug use component too lol...safer and less hard on your body than banging it, and more immediate than sniffing it, with a pleasant, long-lasting (assuming relatively high quality stuff) high

Unlike tar I never attempted to "chase" it at all. I'd always just place just enough for one single hit down on the surface, turn it all to vapor within a second or two, then put down another hit on a separate spot when I was ready to re-dose
Haha thats exactly what I'm doing now, just tiny mounds on the foil. Im glad to hear other people are smoking it, I always hear the contrary.
And I've never bought h on the street, only online. What amount is in the average bag? I've heard 100mg I believe, but what's your take?

Well, usually I've found that they're between 0.05 and 0.1 grams. The skimpy bags that are more towards half a point only cost a few dollars. The heavier, 0.1+ bags cost a couple dollars more but you can get more than 4 hits out of them.

Exactly, I just love the action of smoking. It makes heroin much more appealing to me... But I definitely need to try plugging soon to compare, as you said.... At some point I will shoot, but am relatively new to heroin, and still only a teen. So I am hesitant. Why can't you bang it?
Even tho I've had a long and sordid affair with multiple drug classes, I always felt injection was a dangerous line to cross in terms of disease and health risk and managed to avoid it.

Truth be told I was shot up 3 times in moments of weakness but twice I was on benzos and fortunately have no memory of the pleasure and the third time I immediately lost consciousness so same result. Not having an amazing memory of banging keeps me safer than I otherwise would be.

Of course you can, it's just a matter of how well a particular type is suited to a particular ROA. Black tar is the most crudely processed and contains many insoluble particulates. It needs the addition of an acidifying agent and the application of heat to make it into an injectable solution. #3 or brown powder heroin (the type I'm used to) also requires that method, plus is equally good for both smoking and snorting. #4 (the white stuff) is the most highly refined and pure form, and soluble in water on its own, therefore is most commonly injected.

By the way as you're young, and only got into it not that long ago, I'd really, REALLY advise you not to get started on a needle habit. It comes with a massively increased risk of infections and overdose. Not to mention that from an habituation point of view is much easier to get 'stuck' on than any of the other ROAs. It's much better to not get into a mess in the first place than having to dig yourself out of a massive shitheap of your own making.

Last edited:
Black tar is the most crudely processed and contains many insoluble particulates. It needs the addition of an acidifying agent and the application of heat to make it into an injectable solution.

All you need to turn tar into an injectable solution is water and patience. A lot of people use heat but you really don't even need that, it's unnecessary.