• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Skyrim

level 28 battle mage w/ full double enchant destro 87 mage

level 32 archer 91 archery, full dragon scale +40% double enchant bow damage, 80 sneak, 70 alch.

nerdgasm. GOTY.

Still have not done main quest.

Just finished dark brotherhood :( My favourite quests on TES games by far..

been turned into a vampire, starting to get fucked off with trying to cure this

been turned into a vampire, starting to get fucked off with trying to cure this
Its easy to cure. If its before the third day you can drink a Cure Disease potion and if its after you can find a Statue of Talos/something else I forgot. I got vamped my first day playing clearing out the vampire den for the companions.

need to find a sleeping person to feed from, for some reason even sneaking with the invisibility thing on some tosser comes running after me. arghhhhhhhh

Looks like Bethesda released the 1.2 patch for all platforms; which addresses some issues but apparently on the PS3 version is causing dragons to fly backwards? Seems to be breaking more then it fix's for alot of people, i havn't tried it yet.. but im glad they fixed that crash with the audio settings on PC, sick of playing on the lowest quality audio just so the game would run.

- Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
- Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
- Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
- Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
- Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player's wedding dead
- Dragon corpses now clean up properly
- Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
- Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
- Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
- Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
- Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
- Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
- ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
- Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
- General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)

http://boards.ign.com/elder_scrolls/b5312/207115949/p1/?4

Looks like Bethesda released the 1.2 patch for all platforms; which addresses some issues but apparently on the PS3 version is causing dragons to fly backwards? Seems to be breaking more then it fix's for alot of people, i havn't tried it yet.. but im glad they fixed that crash with the audio settings on PC, sick of playing on the lowest quality audio just so the game would run.

- Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)
- Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)
- Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)
- Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away
- Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player's wedding dead
- Dragon corpses now clean up properly
- Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack
- Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug
- Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely
- Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory
- Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor
- Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death
- ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)
- Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)
- General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)

http://boards.ign.com/elder_scrolls/b5312/207115949/p1/?4

Shit I kill and drop seems to stay around indefinitely.

Just got new PC and skyrim, awesome game so far, only level 9 though.

Main annoying thing is not knowing if its an enemy or a friend from far away, I keep wanting to zoom into VATS :p

Got this for half-price for Xbox. I told myself I wouldn't play it until January, but I couldn't resist. Initial thoughts were that the graphics are beautiful and genuinely immerse the player. Same goes for the sounds. The voice acting has improved upon Oblivion (no more Sean Bean sounding like he's reading the script while sitting on the bog). That's where the positives end for me.

The big negative is that magic creation has been wiped out completely, so you can only cast specific, pre-determined types of spells that you acquire. The net effect of that is that the more complicated multiple effect spells no longer exist (these were critical to mage play in Oblivion). Thus, to have multiple effects (such as the complementary 'detect life' and 'night eye'), you have to cast them individually through a favourites list that pops up.

However, assuming that you have your left hand equipped with a 'fireball' and the right with a 'heal' or 'ward' spell, casting background effects like the 'detect life' and 'night eye' requires you to:
  • pause the game
  • 'equip' either your left or right hand with the first background spell
  • unpause the game
  • cast the first spell
  • pause the game
  • then re-equip the hand with another background spell
  • unpause the game
  • cast it
  • pause the game
  • then re-equip your original spell
...and so on.

It's fucking tiresome - especially given that the early spells are fixed at a 60 second duration. There's a botched quickspell option that uses the left and right D-pad, but you can only assign 2 favourites???? C'mon!

I don't get it. The magic system forces you to choose from many different individual spells, cast them individually, then adds injury to insult by giving an under-powered quickspell system with two measly slots to manage them. Not impressed. Seriously, what would it have taken to do what they do in every other FPS or RPS, by having a 4 or 8 slot quickspell system that appears when you hold down the LB or RB? The mage role is hampered by this.

The map is horrendous. Can't see shit. Can't zoom out to a useful level. Can't see roads or plan a probable route. However, I can tilt the map at an angle which is... uh, pointless and disorienting. Total style over substance.

The skill trees are awkward to navigate (constantly skipping over the skill I want to view) and it's difficult to tell at a glance where one should invest a point as you can never see the whole tree in any one screen. Total style over substance.

The inventory is botched. You can't sort your inventory by weight, value or any other feature. This makes managing your inventory a pain in the arse when dungeon diving as you should, at a glance, be able to identify the heaviest item and do a quick calculation of it's weight/value ratio to determine if it's worth carrying.

The general user interface needs a bit of a re-think as your journal should really be in the same menu system as your maps and inventory... but it isn't. It's in the same menu as your save games??? Pressing Start should deal with settings and system management, while defaulting to your save games... but it doesn't. Very poor.

Oh, and the load screen times between areas are unacceptably long. Walking through the Mage's College is like a test of patience.

The frequent crashes are irritating as hell. I think I've done two missions at the Mage's College and I've already had four system restarts (not including a weird 30 second freeze). I delayed buying because I usually wait for the patches to be released and sort out all the frustrations, but, alas, I think the problems with the game go far beyond glitches. Seriously tempted to invest in a decent PC and play these games via Steam. At least the mod community will do something about the god-awful UI design.

Last edited:
Why on earth would you fix the backwards flying dragon, or the bug where guests show up to your wedding dead?
Those both sound downright hilarious to me.

Sounds nasty tambourine, no wonder they were selling half price :p the irony is that the PC version has a few glitches because seemingly the UI has been designed for consoles (like you can't navigate much with your mouse, only WASD keys)

Can't wait for the dev kits to come out. Already got a dozen mods installed, dunno how i'd play the game without them.

Ugh... another annoyance: every xbox controller I've ever had develops a slight 'pulling to the left' tendency (so the right analogue stick tends to send signals to pull to the left, even when it's centred).

You can imagine quite how irritating the lockpicking minigame becomes when, for no apparent reason, the lockpick constantly spazzes out and breaks - even without touching the controller. :X

They used to have a spell under the alteration tree that allowed you to unlock items... but that's now gone. Fuuuuuuuuuuu... :X

aha, one of the currently most downloaded mods for PC is the lockpick hack one. i'm too good a sport to download it myself =D