• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Skyrim

well it just came out. All the elder scrolls have been horribly bugged when they first came out.

It just coming out is no excuse. Bugs should be fixed and the game should be good to go before it's released. Fallout New Vegas being horribly buggy at its release is excused because 'it just came out'? Fuck that, that was unacceptable too! Granted, Skyrim is nowhere near as bad as New Vegas was, but still...quest ruining bugs should be fixed before releases.

I'm having problems with that one too!

I'm stuck with "Investigate the crime scene" and when I do, nothing to click or find...also, it says to get help from the J guy, but when I talk to him, no options related to the quest appear...

This game is ridiculously buggy. Everytime I start to enjoy it, something happens that prevents me from going any further.

You've got to follow the blood trail, and it leads you to the killer's house. I thought this was bugged too, but the way point is just marking the start of a trail. Follow the blood!

I'm stuck with "Investigate the crime scene" and when I do, nothing to click or find...also, it says to get help from the J guy, but when I talk to him, no options related to the quest appear...

Yeah i had to go read a walk-through with this on my warrior character (I can't trigger it at all on my assassin). I believe you need to follow the trail of blood from the crime scene to Hjrem.. which is locked, so you need to speak with Jorlief and he tells you to get a key from Tova which is a few houses down from Hjrem.. once you enter the house, and investigate it you'll come across a strange amulet and a journal.. take it to the guard and he'll tell you to take the amulet to Calixto which you can sell for 500g or hold onto. The next part is where i got stuck for ages; theres no clue on what to do next it's as if the quest stops.. You have to go talk to Viola about the journal you found and amulet, she'll tell you about the court wizard.. you confront him and then he tells you where the butcher will strike next at night.. I finally completed it on my warrior character, but it took a long time and a lot of reading.

Note: Bethesda are planning on releasing a patch shortly after Thanksgiving that should address bugs, (hopefully) :)

Last edited:
It just coming out is no excuse. Bugs should be fixed and the game should be good to go before it's released. Fallout New Vegas being horribly buggy at its release is excused because 'it just came out'? Fuck that, that was unacceptable too! Granted, Skyrim is nowhere near as bad as New Vegas was, but still...quest ruining bugs should be fixed before releases.
It's a free roaming open ended game, expecting them to have addressed every possibility is ludicrous there are trillions of variables, they do debug the shit out of it while its there but with their test force they can only have so many people and then when they release it to millions of people of course they are going to find new bugs. expecting it to be perfect is ludicrous I'm sorry.

Last edited:
It's a free roaming open ended game, expecting them to have addressed every possibility is ludicrous there are trillions of variables, they do debugged the shit out of it while its there but with their test force they can only have so many people and then they release it to millions of people of course they are going to find new bugs. expecting it to be perfect is ludicrous I'm sorry.

Agreed every free roaming game I've ever played has been a little glitchy. From GTA to Elder scrolls.

^Agreed as well. He/she obviously has no idea of video game design or any of that. I don't think there are any games very similar to Skyrim/Oblivion on the scale that they. Being able to completely walk the map end to end and all that, so much room for error its not even funny. Also atleast the non quest bugs are pretty funny like once I was walking with a companion and I did something really specific and he ended up falling over apparently unable to stand. I was in the middle of roaming around and was not going to head all the way back to make him reload so he just kinda glided along the ground screaming things for a while.....

I'm glad to see the old 'trapping bodies in door' glitch from Oblivion is still present in Skyrim, despite the fact it's a completely different game engine. That was my favourite glitch.

My favorite was the glitch where suddenly things would either distort or stretch to crazy proportions. It would always happen at literally the best times or weirdest times. I remember in the Shivering Isles, that Argonian thats running around in the city and corresponds to a quest would just continue to stretch out in a ridiculous way, sometimes falling or maybe flailing is a better term down the stairs or just out of the sky sometimes.

Haha theres been a couple of times where i've swung the killing blow on someone and instead of falling dead there body has flown off into the sky.. really makes me feel like dragonborn :p

Haha theres been a couple of times where i've swung the killing blow on someone and instead of falling dead there body has flown off into the sky.. really makes me feel like dragonborn :p
Ha, I was just playing an hour or so ago and another good glitch happened almost like yours. I was just walking around in an inn and sometimes when I walk and theres things to knock around/off i'll do it. So I knocked a bucket off with my sword and instead of falling it rocketed, slammed into the wall, and everyone yelled that hilarious "HEY watch what your doing!"/"Knock it off!" line all at once.

It's not a glitch but try getting hit by a giant as a level one. Get Hammered in Whinterun end up in solitude ;D

Ha, I was just playing an hour or so ago and another good glitch happened almost like yours. I was just walking around in an inn and sometimes when I walk and theres things to knock around/off i'll do it. So I knocked a bucket off with my sword and instead of falling it rocketed, slammed into the wall, and everyone yelled that hilarious "HEY watch what your doing!"/"Knock it off!" line all at once.

Aha did everyone also suddenly stand up and look at you?

^Agreed as well. He/she obviously has no idea of video game design or any of that.

And you do?

Jeez, get off you're high horses. I understand not everything is gonna be perfect, but some bugs are unacceptable. Get over yourselves.

^I don't think anyone is on a high horse. I think you just expect games to be perfect which is cool but personally I think your expecting too much from Game developers.

And you do?

Jeez, get off you're high horses. I understand not everything is gonna be perfect, but some bugs are unacceptable. Get over yourselves.
Sorry i'll step down from my video game discussion high horse(does reading this not just make anyone else laugh?). Wait hold on its going to take me a second, this horse is rather high up, considering video games and their nature! Get over it, its a discussion and your the one who came on ranting angryily telling the creators of the video game what should and shouldn't be like you own the industry......hmmmm sounds like arrogance maybe? Pretty similar to a high horse so maybe you should check yoself befo yo wreck yourself. Come to think of it I was going to edit that first post to let you know it was just a simple statement and not an attack or anything but I figured you wouldn't care that you don't know all about a terribly intricate and difficult field of study that you most likely have never attempted! Lastly the only bugs that would be unacceptable would be game ending/changing ones. Honestly if you care all you have to do is wait a while and its solved but given your angry demeanor i'll go ahead and suppose you won't be enjoying that idea. Its like I said if you properly understood how god awfully hard it is to find all the bugs let alone make the game.....
Aha did everyone also suddenly stand up and look at you?
I wish there were more sitting but there was only a single Orc, though he was positioned in a pretty funny way because he was almost directly behind me and he yelled the "Knock it off!" line. Since he was almost directly behind me it was really loud not to mention Orcs have booming voice's as is so I flipped around like WTF?

I'm not trying to come off as angry at all, if that's how you took it then I apologize but regardless, the amount of bugs I've experienced is so far unacceptable. That's my opinion, deal with it. :)

On a side note, the game is starting to get a little more interesting. I was gonna sell it, but I think I'll hold on to it for a little longer to see if it gets any better.

111111 of course they wanted it released when they wanted it released. Games are always pushed and as a result aren't as extensively tested. Deadlines, laws, money, special dates.

I had something strange happen to me when I tried to get married. It would say show up for your wedding and then immediately is fail. I noticed in the church everyone would show up, including Lydia, who was your helper/follower at the beginning of the game. In my game, she died though. I actually might have killed her on accident while fighting a dragon.. but she shows up in the church with the others as she's programmed to (?), and drops dead at the doorway. Took me awhile to even connect that the body that kept dying was Lydia... my partner in the beginning.

I guess the wedding fails because I accidentally killed her way before... but it connects it as that I did it right then...

It let's you reschedule though... so I undresseded dead Lydia, and placed her on a chair like Bernie to watch my wedding. LOL.

Yeah Saarthal.

It could be glitched, when i went there the characters hadn't shown up.. so i set the wait time for about 5 hours and then they appeared. But it seems quests involving the AI been at a particular location seem to be buggy, i've had major trouble with triggering the Blood on Ice quest in Windhelm where i need to walk into a murder scene.

Not sure if this has been said but, you were supposed to meet them at 6pm (IIRC). At any rate I don't think it was a glich. It just sounds like you weren't there at the right time to me. I went there and no one was there so I just waited until 6 or whatever it was and everyone showed up including the Alteration teacher who has the key.