• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Share something POSITIVE from your day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite me always moaing abou it this new(ish) job is starting to work out, its been hard 2 years for lots of reasons but I've manged to overcome some challenges with certain people I didnt get on with and buil some good working relationships, I can get so down over work but this place actually seems to care a little about it's people, the MD is taking me out for coffe next week for chat and to dicuss some ideas I have.

TodayI have a bit of time to work on my scooter (1964 Lambretta) and the sidecar I got to restore as soon I'll be having some ops on my leg, 2 old friends contacted me yesterday to offer to help, I was doinf theusual everyone hates me routine.....

^^ I totally know that feeling, the everyone hates me thing. It's so nice to get out and talk to people and realize life aint so bad if you make an effort to enjoy it.

My bffs bday tonight so ill meet our other friends too. I'm hoping for an alcohol free fun night

Got some work done restoring a sidecar for my classic scooter, operations are pending that would otherwise stop me from getting out to the social meets

Am pleased that things are starting to look up for you Allein,nice one.
I have got a visit tmrw from my sister and little niece so spent the afternoon giving the flat a good clean. It looks much better now. Can't wait for my niece to arrive tmrw, she is only 8 years old and is such a bundle of fun and energy,she always makes me feel happy.

Thats great max family can be a great comfort in times of illness and children are the ultimate pcik me up in such situtions such is their innocense and ofter inapropraite messing about !

My brother whi I hadnt really been speaking to much came to visit me when I was very poorly and in care, it meant so much and helped me let go of childhood anamosity and we both cried and siad how much we loved each other. He has a young lad now and I get on with him so well, kids just bring joy.

Im trying to keep busy at it seems to help with many things but I'm a little limited until they rebuild this wonky leg, hence the sidecar, May be we can meetup in the spring and I'll take youu out in it.

I'd love to go out for a ride with you Allein mate, would be absolutely brilliant.
I bet you can't wait to get back out riding your bike again and enjoying that feeling of freedom they bring more so than a car does.

I will make a notes of it, we have said before about meeting up, hopefully by the spring we will be upto it.

I only just took my Lambretta off the road for the year,partly to fit the side car but alos to do some other stuff, it should all be done by April latest, should have a sound system in it as well. I grearing it down for the sidecar so 50-60MPH should suit a gentemens cruse.

Sounds perfect mate. A nice cruise and hopefully the sun will be shining and we can enjoy the day out and pull in somewhere for a drink and chat.
Hopefully your leg will be a bit better for you also.

Ahh im trying to just accept the state of my leg, it may improve with the next 2 ops but either way I can walk and drive.

An old friend of mine contactedd me via FB when he saw the sidecar, I explained what was going on and he proceded to suggest I was 'a fag' and he had raced the TT with one leg, he lost the other in a racing accident some years earlier.

The pain iss annoying but I'm over feeling sorry for myself, I'm luck the wheelchair wasnt permenant

You are an inspiration mate. Things may be bad but they could also be worse. You are doing the best you can and it's great that you are letting people in again and by the sounds of it even starting to enjoy things again.
Keep up all your good work Allein & enjoy meeting new people and new situations.

Went to a zen center this morning for a lecture/talk - the subject ended up being love. Of course it would be something extremely relevant to my current situation. Gave me a whole new perspective and changed a LOT of what I want to say to my ex when I call her later. I'm so glad I went to this before making the call, because I may have inadvertently said some pretty hurtful things. Not mean things and nothing made up - it all would have been truthful but wouldn't have done much other than hurt her too. So when I call and either talk or leave a message later it's definitely going to be coming from a way more compassionate place in my heart, and I will feel at least some sense of closure knowing I have done what I can and stay compassionate the whole time.

Then the buddhist monk broke out a guitar and started singing "all you need is love" and the whole room joined in. Last thing I expected to happen lmao but it was awesome.

I had a frend s giif fre yeasr back that sstuddying Zen, ther seemed way to muvj hittmh people fot my liking.

I hopr yo start Tai Chi again thid year, I was reallt getting inot it priorr to my accidentm for me the repeated mobements were beginning to shift me on ti another level.

Some of this was out guide, he invitrf my to hid home to talk about my past my current mentak health pronlems and then dpent over an hour on oit views on the nature of the universe and contiousnessss in general, subjects we gaad unukar views on.

He vivited me in hospital as well, aa`i yhibk we connected and he understood the kind of level \i was aning for, a mau be able to start back thid year.

Today marks 8 months completely free of benzodiazapines for the first time in maybe 7 years, and the withdrawal is almost 100 percent gone.

Can't edit posts. I didn't realize this was a positive thread. Love is good.

Cleaned my laptop.. wow its like I got a mew graphics card screen was so suzzy.. lol.. also my spell check is working and my new head phones are tops... good workout.. and dinners on the table.. and deserts on her way over later :)

Today I realized I have the ability within me to be confident in social situations. And the ability is beginning to surface. :)

I've had a great morning today. Some of my family came to visit me and we all had a good chat about anything & everything.
My 8 year old niece was singing and dancing and drawing me pictures with love hearts and plenty of Get Well Soon uncle Maxalfie.
She bought such fun into the house with her, was a real positive start to my day.

Status
Not open for further replies.