Share something POSITIVE from your day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got an awesome PM from someone I gave a little info to in regards to quitting smoking and moving onto ecigs a few months back. They're deep into it now and possibly making it a career. It feels great to know that I helped someone not only quit smoking but find a passion they didn't know they had :).

Going on a first date tonight... :D

Have fun deary <3

Got an awesome PM from someone I gave a little info to in regards to quitting smoking and moving onto ecigs a few months back. They're deep into it now and possibly making it a career. It feels great to know that I helped someone not only quit smoking but find a passion they didn't know they had :).

A couple of friends actually suggested E cigs to me but Ive decided to quit for good and hanging on to my promise. NO MORE CIGARETTES! I mean it this time ;)

I held out and didnt buy amphetamines for another week, it was touch and go on Thursday as temptation and stress came at the same time but I'm gglad that I didnt cave in:)

I held out and didnt buy amphetamines for another week, it was touch and go on Thursday as temptation and stress came at the same time but I'm gglad that I didnt cave in:)

Nice job sir :)

Another Saturday to have an awesome time at home watching movies

IME irrational fear of inanimate objects usually passes in time ,about 6-7 hours usually does the trick;)

My return to work this year was full of the standard dread I get after any holiday but yesterday I got some formal recognition for my hard work last year, it was totally unexpected and has helped in shifting my view of things a little more into the positive.%)

LOL, just saw this.=D I did one of those mega cleans where you have two choices for the produce--soup or compost. For the stuff in the door, reorganization and a note to the family that no one under any circumstances should buy any more hot sauce, pepper sauce or salsa until probably somewhere around 2020. There were so many kinds and so many bottles of hot sauce that I can't believe any of us have taste buds left.

Today I went to do Yoga for the second day in a row.

I also started reading a fantastic book about facing your fears during difficult times, from a buddhist perspective. As always the similarities between buddhism and "recovery" are prevalent all over the place in my reading. Honestly buddhism is to life as recovery is to drugs. All the recovery literature i have read says the same thing that buddhist literature says about ending your suffering.

Anyway, It's a fantastic book that is giving me a LOT of positive insight. Like to stop trying to find an escape for my suffering and instead learn to sit comfortably with my feelings and emotions - because only then will I overcome them.

Years ago, while I was in the midst of repairing the stove my brother turned the power on and my hand was electrically burned.
Now my hand is very sensitive to moisture and harsh chemicals, so if I wash the dishes without a glove, the skin on my thumbs and fingers
will split and bleed. I go through box after box of vinyl gloves. It is really a nuisance. I was putting iodine in the splits on my finger(s) and as it really hurts like iodine, I
knocked the bottle of iodine over on the bathroom counter. The iodine ran down the front of the counter and into drawers where
my very amazing elderly Mom stores some of her really nice work-out clothes. I thought they all were ruined.
In the past, I guess I spilled iodine and quickly tried to clean it with bleach. Apparently, bleach will "set" an iodine stain.
Luckily, I quickly put some water on the stains and hit the internet where it was suggested that I try ammonia. Lo-and-behold, after a
little ammonia and a rinse, the iodine vanished and the shirts are as good as new! Ammonia also worked to clean the whole front of the
cabinets under the counter. So, today I am thankful for ammonia as I would have to assume are a number of Bluelighter's who take it for granted.
- Also, as always, I a thankful for my wildlife buddies- currently a bunch of grey-squirrels (Chainey and them), a red-squirrel (Stewart), and a lame, yet awesome deer (Bean).

Last edited:
I'm sober. No matter what else, that's still something to always be thankful for.

Today is going MUCH better than yesterday! Yesterday was icky lol, but I'm so glad today had been good so far!

I had a good day. And there was nothing special too it. I just enjoyed a regular day and let all the small shit go. Try to do the same out there TDS. When I was early in recovery I never could appreciate a day for the gift it is.

First good long walk after coming home from my trip. Felt good, the sea air smells good and the sunset was gorgeous. And I love my walking pal--she makes me laugh.

The steroids from hospital are really doing a good job at the moment at stopping me feeling ill and jeez they don't half give me one hell of an appetite.

Status
Not open for further replies.