• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Share something POSITIVE from your day vs. it's all around you

my positive seems so minor in comparison to the amazing things ive just read on the past two pages (so many beautiful and selfless acts <3)

i finally slept in. after a couple months of working like crazy; i woke this morning on my first saturday off at 9am and freaked out! i had had 13 hours of solid undisturbed sleep and my gosh it was amazing. i honestly dont think that has happened in the last 12 years. i bounced out of bed like a spring. had a shower, made coffee, read the news and forums/checked sites that i love, straightened and curled my hair, painted my nails, did my makeup and chose an adorable outfit to celebrate today being the hottest day of winter/lead up to spring. its such a simple little pleasure, but is something i rarely get to do so cant wipe the smile from my face.

im about to cook something fun and light for this evening before we go out, and play some music, open the windows and doors and let the sun shine in. :D im loving this.

...kytnism...:|

ah that sounds amazing! you had inspired me to do something like that for myself. :)

I broke through something spiritually Ive been having problems with ever since my head was disturbed at a young age.
It took me 22 years to feel comfortable about doing something most people do on the regular. *hinthint*
I feel.... relieved... like. finally I can be a normal person.

It's weird.

Again that's very kind but being able to do things like that and help someone in such a profound manner is what makes my life wortg living. That particular incident was very traumatic and left me feeling slightly traumatised but I'll get over it.

The hardest part for me is that since I don't have a single family member or loved one ..i have no one to talk to about these things and how they bother me and I obviously can't go into any sort of detIls over the internet so it all stays bottled up inside.

Anyway I just wanted to say that some of the tales of positivity and happiness demonstrated by some of you guys are a joy to read and you are such inspirational people. I just wanted to say thank you.

Slept 10 much needed hours and woke up feeling healthy.

jealous!! I havent slept much last night when I arrived from a concert. I plan to sleep earlier tonight before going to work tomorrow

I just feel glad to be sober another day.... nothing too positive on my mind, but at least I wont be using.....

^the manager faxed my details to the hr office but she wants me to be available on weekdays as well which i cant due tomy ccurrent job. I applied for it for weekend work so I'm having a dilemna. I have told heri am only avavailable on weekdays i do plan to leave my current job but not until next year when i have fully paid off my debt.

felt so good this morning when i went to lay down to fall asleep and got that natural heaviness behind the eyes. knowing finally going to get a good sleep in and no tossing n' turnin.

^the manager faxed my details to the hr office but she wants me to be available on weekdays as well which i cant due tomy ccurrent job. I applied for it for weekend work so I'm having a dilemna. I have told heri am only avavailable on weekdays i do plan to leave my current job but not until next year when i have fully paid off my debt.

That'sa shame. If you were after weekend work to supplement your weekday job then it probably won't be financially viable to leave your current job for weekend work plus the odd weekday here and there. You would probably end up with less money rather than more. Its a shame as the weekend one sounded like something you really wanted to do.

I hate it when you go for a job but then alter the details of the job at the very end making it impossible for you to accept. Is there no way you can do the weekdays they ask in the days off from your current weekday job?

No the current job i have is full time work and at this moment it's nuts it's extremely busy and there are weekends where i have to come in to work which will make it impossible to get the part time job. It sucks cause I'm put in a bad position but hey there's other opportunities out there for sure i just need to finish what i can this year and next year is a new work year.

I let go of the sleep anxiety/dread and have began to get some actual good, straight through sleep. Albeit, maybe only 5-6 hours but it is monumental. I've been downgrading my addiction to opiates and benzos steadily for the better part of a decade, from dope to subs to methadone to kratom (you get it) down to zero for the last several months and this is the best I've felt... since I can't even remember when. I'm finally getting back to the basics of life without drugs and booze and I actually feel alive and motivated without a saccharine crutch. It is a monumental step at 27 years old. Perhaps I can finally pick up the pieces once and for all and get back on with my life once I get out of the shit-hole that is mid-Michigan and back to good ol' NC!

Congrats man! It feels really good to finally leave addiction behind doesn't it? I was addicted to opiates for 10 years, and I'm 31 now... almost 4 months ago I finally finished with opiates and I feel better than I've felt at least since I was a kid, maybe even better because I'm taking care of myself much better in other ways too.

I finally had enough energy to walk around the block...once, s-l-o-w-l-y. But it's the first exercise I've managed since w/d.

Finally have the chance to go home without doing overtime work!!!

I saw one of my old party friends at an NA meeting. Haven't seen the guy in ages, it was pretty sweet. Bunch of people I know are getting sober, or just changing their lives in general. :)

I have a great chance at "working" one of my dream jobs starting in october. It also located in my favorite place to live. very good news today.

Yesterday I got bored, and spontaneously took some methylone I had recently received for a festival I am going to next week. I regretted it because now I have less than I had planned, and I feel less good today than I did the day before. And most of all, I fell into the trap of using drugs to escape boredom which is what poly-drug addiction is about (at least for me).

The positive thing is that today, I was almost about to take some MXE for the same reason. Then I caught myself and realized I was starting to fall back into an old pattern. I've been good so far since the ibogaine fully sorted out, at using drugs responsibly. I don't want to fall back into old destructive patterns so I'm proud of myself that I didn't do it today and broke a potential cycle. :) Instead I'm gonna Bluelight, paint, and watch "The League", and go to bed and get a full night's sleep. And probably have vivid dreams. :)

Additionally I feel super positive that despite the boredom thing, opiates never once entered my mind. I can hardly believe that it still seems like the opiate addiction is simply erased. I honestly never even think about them at all, it's like they're gone from my mental bank of potential drugs to do. After 10 years of solid addiction... that's, quite simply, a miracle. <3

Last edited:
I have a great chance at "working" one of my dream jobs starting in october. It also located in my favorite place to live. very good news today.

Lucky! I am waitin to hear back from the manager of the workpalce I had an interview with cant wait to start!!!!