• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Share something POSITIVE from your day vs. it's all around you

Got a solo photo show coming up in Pt. Reyes, and finished redesigning/producing/editing a brand new website and web presence for my community agency. Good week so far.

I sometimes wonder why i sacrificed so much and left a decent job in finance to become a paramedic when all I see is the hurt and suffering that people go through. Sometimes it breaks my heart but someone explained it to me today that if someone has to come out and help these people when they need it most it may as well be us........that kind of made sense at the time but is hard to convey into words properly

^It's important in that kind of work to take very good care of yourself. <3

I sometimes wonder why i sacrificed so much and left a decent job in finance to become a paramedic when all I see is the hurt and suffering that people go through. Sometimes it breaks my heart but someone explained it to me today that if someone has to come out and help these people when they need it most it may as well be us........that kind of made sense at the time but is hard to convey into words properly

That's intense man, I don't think I could do it. Thanks for doing it, because we need it. <3

Thanks, that's very kind of you. To be truthfully I doubt there is anything more rewarding in life than helping another human being in distress or suffering trauma. Obviously you can't help everyone but knowing that you can help someone and the sense of fulfillment that comes from that far out weight the personal stress that the job brings.
Some days though when things go wrong and you see terrible sights you do question if its worth it but without a doubt it definitely is and I feel privalidged to be in a position to make such a profound impact on the life of ones fellow man.

There is a little feast going down after working out hard today. Ribeyes on the grill, sauteed mushrooms, twice baked potatoes, fresh baked dinner roles, and a hefty boston lettuce, heirloom tomato, green onion, blue cheese and bacon salad.. and im doing the cooking so its going to be tasty. So mush for counting calories tonight.. lol

Like I said recently in here... sometimes you just gotta eat big. :) I love cooking, I do it every day. Such a fun, rewarding and relaxing activity.

had fun with maya last night :)

me too sweety <3

I had my second interview so I left work an hour earlier. I think I got the job but the manager still needs to fax the resume and the reference to head office HR and get everything sorted out. She said it might take about a week and I am really excited to try it out and work there. It seems like a great work environment for hard working people like Maya.

Well done Maya.....i really hope you get it.
I had an interview last week for a new job (within the same service) and just found out I got it but don't start until October because it requires very extensive background checks (even though they were only done last year they feel the need to redo them in case I've turned into an al-quiada terrorist in the interim lol!)

Anyway keep us informed if you get it :) x

^^^
Congratulations ! and best of luck Maya :)

I'm now on holiday until a week on tuesday, we're heading down to Devon on Sunday and I managed to get everything straight at work before I finished up so all is well in the world of Allein %)

Congrats Maya!! Sounds like you got it... if you had a second interview that means they think they want you, so if it went well, then you almost surely have it. :) I know how much you wanted to get out of your old job so this is great news!

Flying through the nonsense today.. if I ever get done with this five year eight year paper chase I will undoubtedly drop dead of shock. I conclude that the modern age the american workforce, esp the government, health care professionals, insurance workers, fucking everyone really.. spend two thirds of there time filling out almost useless paper work. I blame the fucking lawyers. But I tell you I can fill out paper work and provide supporting documentation like a gran master after all this shit.

My true calling may end up being found by joining the ranks of the endless paperwork wizards.. NSA attorney at LAW?

I talked to the girl I'm into today (we had a really great first night hanging out and basically first week and then she flipped really suddenly and was quite distant, from talking daily to basically not at all within 1 day), and asked if she wanted to do something this weekend. I basically found out that she has no idea what she wants right now, that she both does and doesn't want to see me because she's confused about how she feels. Her husband/ex (we're both getting divorced for good reasons and fairly far along with that process) came back from active duty for a little bit and she saw him when she dropped their daughter off with him... it got her all twisted up. The reason they are getting divorced is because he is a military guy for life and she couldn't stand being a military wife and she disagrees fundamentally with the actions of the military right now. So it's a less clear-cut break than mine. She told me she's sorry for being so weird, she just has no idea what she wants right now. So I told her I'm here if she wants to talk to get a drink or whatever, and I understand.

So, it's a positive thing because we communicated about it, and it's perfectly reasonable for her to feel that way. Probably bad timing for us to meet honestly. I just didn't know how to proceed internally or externally - do I keep trying to call her to see if she wants to hang out? Do I try to put her out of mind? Did I do something? Well, now I know the answer. I certainly hope she does decide to call me but I'm at peace with it now and I can let it happen whatever way it will. The questions have more or less been answered, and the questions, the unknown, were what was bothering me.

Mate that the age old question with what to do with women you like....and whatever we do its always the wrong thing.

My advice is just be cool, be nice and what will be will be.....

I gave a bunch of coins to ppl that i thought needed them (homeless, etc) cbf exchanging them. they were mostly euros. idk came to like 40 pounds or so.

helped old lady carry suit-case up stairs on tube. i carried it up for her

I got a 5 yr old's heart started after he went into. Cardiac arrest after drowning..... Well not on my own...there were 3 of us but still felt like an achievement.

my positive seems so minor in comparison to the amazing things ive just read on the past two pages (so many beautiful and selfless acts <3)

i finally slept in. after a couple months of working like crazy; i woke this morning on my first saturday off at 9am and freaked out! i had had 13 hours of solid undisturbed sleep and my gosh it was amazing. i honestly dont think that has happened in the last 12 years. i bounced out of bed like a spring. had a shower, made coffee, read the news and forums/checked sites that i love, straightened and curled my hair, painted my nails, did my makeup and chose an adorable outfit to celebrate today being the hottest day of winter/lead up to spring. its such a simple little pleasure, but is something i rarely get to do so cant wipe the smile from my face.

im about to cook something fun and light for this evening before we go out, and play some music, open the windows and doors and let the sun shine in. :D im loving this.

...kytnism...:|

That's kind but to be honest that's the most scared I think I've ever been as the little fella was in a bad way. Anyway its a bank holiday in the UK this weekend so 3 days off. I think I might keep the positive vibe going and do some much needed housework.

Kytnism - your positivity has made me smile too :)