• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Share something POSITIVE from your day vs. it's all around you

First morning in 33 days that the first words in my head weren't "Oh, f**k." I think that's progress. :)

congrats, wanting. must be making changes for the better.

saturday, sunday, monday, tuesday, wednesday off, and back on today. i'm like a running machine.

Seeing people in here recovering and getting happier by the day. <3

I had a lot of good moments today.
Walking into the room of my patient and seeing a look of relief on their face, knowing it's me who will be there for the shift.
Coming home to a puppy who would give everything to play fetch and wrestle, who is now snuggled in bed next to me.
And most importantly, my beautiful fiance, and the voice that could take any bad day and melt it away. The most amazing person in my life, my best friend.

Today was a good day. Dont focus on the negative, look up and breathe deep.

I recieved very good news on many fronts today. I will be doing what I love as a profession, in a place I adore, working with a great friend of mine. I was really stressed out that something was going to go wrong and this would not be possible. It now looks like everything is a go. =D

Made progress getting some things sorted abuot my job and health and had a couple of PMs from a very special person that made my day :)

I walked my dog this morning! First time I was able to drag my fatigued butt out of the house to do that since quitting opioids (today is day 35).

We went to a local (small) theme park today, probably the last decent Saturday of the year. My little boy has always refused to go on the rides before but today I could see him realising the pleasure of scaring himself...he really 'felt the fear and did it anyway'

We had a great time and I got to ride all the rides with both of them as Mrs A doesnt like such things,we even got socked at the end on a water flume...good times <3

Finally a better weekend than the last ones. I still have to work tonight (at home) but I am just happy that we now have a new manager that will be our buffer for annoying stuff lol. That and it's another sunny day in Vancity so can't complain

i think i actually might be falling in love again <3 didn't see that coming!! so fucking happpy right now

I walked my dog this morning! First time I was able to drag my fatigued butt out of the house to do that since quitting opioids (today is day 35).

Thanks for sharing… I've been concerned about the fatigue factor. I'm on day 20 and it's still quite present… Glad it gets better. :)

I've been concerned about the fatigue factor. I'm on day 20 and it's still quite present… Glad it gets better. :)

Hi, Smoky! I had my first major turning point on day 24. That was the first day I said, hey--maybe I can survive this. For me, day 33 marked the first time I felt my normal stamina start to come back. Not totally, and I'm certainly not there yet, but I could walk a bit on the treadmill, actually hold a coherent conversation with people, cook food, etc. I still have to rest a lot, and the fatigue is lingering, but lifting slightly every day. It does get better if you are patient. I got disappointed and a bit depressed because I expected the fatigue to be gone with the rest of the physical w/d symptoms. Last night, I actually went out to eat with friends--first time in well over a month. I was exhausted when I came home, but I could never have done that on day 20. Hang in there!

Its sunday and football is plentiful. Its a gorgeous sunny early fall day and the light has that beautiful golden hue and sparkle. There is a heart clogging comfort food spread of meat loaf with baked mac and cheese cooking away for game time to be served with a chopped garden salad. I picked up these amazing carameled apples that also have chocolate and candied walnuts. I slept in and am working my way slowly through my two morning monsters. I feal great and relaxed as my life is finally coming into order after working for many years to find the top of this hole I dug. Im going to go cut the green outdoor carpet and listen to sunday programming on NPR. Life is fine today:)

i think i actually might be falling in love again <3 didn't see that coming!! so fucking happpy right now

Seems like that's when it happens, right when you don't expect it. Awesome man, it's certainly the best feeling there is. :)

For me, I had an amazing night last night, truly beautiful. My friends who have a band (not really performing anywhere yet but jamming a lot) asked me to join as auxillary percussion (like hand drums) and sometimes voice. I am been feeling increasingly for a couple of years now that I need to get back into performing/sharing music. I grew up playing/performing all the time (piano and percussion) but I have been basically inactive since I was 18/19 (and I'm 31 now). I have amazing music in my head, all the time, and I just feel deep inside me that I am supposed to put it out there. I realized a while back that outputting art and its messages into the world is my mission in life. And I am increasingly feeling like it may in fact be that music is the main one I am supposed to output, because it's the direct translation of my inspiration. Whatever other art I do (writing, painting, etc) is basically the translation of the inspiration into another form but it reaches me raw as music. I also committed to learning to play the guitar last night and my friend gave me a lesson for 2 hours. I feel that the music I have in me is best suited to guitar. I've been wanting to learn for years but something was stopping me from really making the first move. Now my friends have given me the starting move. I realize that if I just get into it in any way, I will get into it and it will build over time. I feel that this is the start of a new thing in my life (or the resuming of my original thing) and I feel so good about it. :) Also really honored that my friends (who are amazing musicians) want me to be in their band so much, they told me they really want my instincts and music opinion and input into songwriting and so forth, it makes me feel really good. <3

Last edited:
Had a very real heart to heart with my daughter last night, it's become clear that she has some trauma that needs to be addressed from when I had a mental breakdown. She was only 6, we have spoken about it before but she still blames herself for not being able to help me, I do feel guilt over this but that isnt going to help her.

We had a long chat and I explained that it was her unconditional love that helped me recover and that I would never forget that and she would always be very special to me for hugging me and comforting me when I was so very lost. I'm going to look into getting some counseling for her so she can talk this through independently of me.

If I could change what happened I would but that isnt possible so I hope it can be something that brings us even closer, children truly are amazing :)