Positive Share Something Positive About Your Day vs This Does Not Suck (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)?

Had a short day at work today, only scheduled for 5 hours, but I started feeling bad (again) not quite halfway through (just embarking on my very own Big C ordeal...). When night shift came in they had plenty of people, so I got to go home a couple hours early.

Stomach persisted with it's bs up until about half an hour ago, but I'm feeling much better now so all's good, I hope. Gonna dose some shrooms here in a couple hours, but I think I'm gonna go for a stroll here before it gets dark, start preparing the old noggin. 🙂

<triggering - SMod> Smoked 4 Marb Reds after not smoking for 3 weeks for the buzz. I smoke 4 every 2-6 weeks but the level of buzz is wearing gotta quit for months/ years again. Feels like poking Satan in the eye not getting addicted again and getting the insane body buzz.
I'm sure this was a very positive part of your day however The Dark Side is not the appropriate place to post about recreational drug and alcohol use as it is highly triggering to our members who are trying to get clean or stay clean/sober. Please use other parts of Bluelight to post about getting high and drunk. Drug Culture, The Lounge, Psychedelic Drugs, or Other Drugs forums are good places to post about that stuff 👌

Wow, the dark side, doesn't like people having a few cigarettes, ok sorry I deleted my post backing up Doctor Steven Burle. I guess tripping on shrooms is ok? Huh, whatever I guess I gotta figure out how the extreme double standards work here. Ok, then I got no bills today and am feeling great today despite the bad weather. Is that ok?

Wow, the dark side, doesn't like people having a few cigarettes, ok sorry I deleted my post backing up Doctor Steven Burle. I guess tripping on shrooms is ok? Huh, whatever I guess I gotta figure out how the extreme double standards work here. Ok, then I got no bills today and am feeling great today despite the bad weather. Is that ok?
I think you will find that the part about him smoking cigarettes was left unedited. I'm not sure where the extreme double standard is. Perhaps it might be worth reading The Dark Side forum rules, and if you see any posts that you think are against the rules please Report them and staff will deal with it.
https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/tds-forum-guidelines.583553/

And yes that is fantastic that you got no bills today and that you're feeling great. I hope the feeling lasts 🙂

Today was bad but I have calmed down after a near fist fight, after that my day has been good after I got my errands done, my garage gave me trouble but I prayed and somehow my garage door worked. Over all today has been good, my meds are calming me down, and I was able to get all I wanted. I avoided jail, by not ripping a guy's head off who followed me and accused me of using my phone while driving and there was a verbal confrontation, I walked a way, he didn't dare get out of his little piece of crap car. I was unarmed and didn't want to chance it that he had a carry permit. Which is common where I live, but that worm was not worth it, so I avoided a bunch of trouble. Now I am glad that violence was not answer. Today could have been bad, but it turned out good, I feel good and nothing bad happened, I hate jail. So being home and watching a movie , things could have been real bad but wasn't so I say today was a good day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got some amazing news earlier today. I'm one of the first few beneficiaries in a new program in my state - privately funded, GOOD health insurance for those who need it, just being released from jail or prison. Started by a guy who was a real hardass on people in that situation, no sympathy, then he saw his own brother go through it. It changed his heart and he wanted to do something to help others. Well, he just so happened to own an insurance company, so he started this program.

I've been enrolled for 3 months now and it couldn't be more apt, a true blessing, because I just caught a cancer diagnosis last month. Thing is, I was only good through the end of this year, after which I have to pay 600 a month to keep my coverage.

I found out this morning I can still get this program all the way through the end of my parole, at the end of March. Three more months breathing room, which is a HUGE relief. My plate is otherwise overflowing with shit at the moment, so that was good to learn.

I've been keeping in touch with a friend I met in a rehab/transitional housing program I was at when I was released from prison earlier this year. We were in different components of the program, but we both left early, for our own reasons. But we've kept in touch.

Both of us have had it hard since, in different ways, but I got him a late birthday gift when I find out THAT NIGHT, it was his birthday last week. I'd missed it. But ogot him something he'd been wanting, had it shipped to his house, nothing crazy, just a plug in, Edison style wax warmer and some melts, not even 40 bucks.

To hear earlier today how happy he was to have it, that he loved the melts and it was even better than the last one he'd had... it made me feel good. 🙂

I'm alive, I guess. It's hard to call that positive anymore, I thought I'd finally had it last month. Lost my job last week because My Nana was in the hospital critically messed up from a bad fall and I thought it would be excused. I know death is, and guess what... she died 2 days later.

I worked at Walmart, have for almost 3 years, it's just bullshit. I was at 5.5 attendance points out of a max 4.5, but people have had points wiped off when they hit 5 and some people have even racked up 20 points or more and they're kept. I was the best worker in the front. I guess I could find it positive knowing how absolutely FUCKED they are without me because staffing was a serious problem and I was crucial to mornings.

I haven't gone back to return my stuff yet, but when I do I'm giving them some lip. Especially given my Nana did actually die, I haven't had a chance to return my shit. I'm not eligible for re-hire until February, I'd rather find somewhere else to work but my days and hours were exactly as I wanted them. I'm not mentally well enough to work more than around 20 hours a week now and I'd always have Sunday-Tuesday off.

I've applied all around lately and got no calls backs, so the job hunt isn't going well. To think I went to college just to be moving around grocery stores. I did want to get the living hell out of there for a long time, our management are complete scum. So it's kind of nice to be out but it's not nice to have no source of income at the moment... I wanted something else lined up before I quit. I was close to punching out customers and especially our coach so I guess it's better I got fired this way, but it's still totally retarded.

Today was bad but I have calmed down after a near fist fight, after that my day has been good after I got my errands done, my garage gave me trouble but I prayed and somehow my garage door worked. Over all today has been good, my meds are calming me down, and I was able to get all I wanted. I avoided jail, by not ripping a guy's head off who followed me and accused me of using my phone while driving and there was a verbal confrontation, I walked a way, he didn't dare get out of his little piece of crap car. I was unarmed and didn't want to chance it that he had a carry permit. Which is common where I live, but that worm was not worth it, so I avoided a bunch of trouble. Now I am glad that violence was not answer. Today could have been bad, but it turned out good, I feel good and nothing bad happened, I hate jail. So being home and watching a movie , things could have been real bad but wasn't so I say today was a good day.
That is the absolute 100% epitome of what being a real man is

Good on ya my friend😁

I had an okay day today which is pretty good for me with all my mental problems

not to mention I had a very productive conversation with my mom about issus that have always been a problem between us and it didn't end in yelling finally ☺️

Plus we're spending quality time together tonight watching a comedy movie and its quite enjoyable which is rare for me and her

Was an all around productive good positive day 🙏