Share Something Positive About You Day vs. Good Things Happen Everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do they speak CrazyBirdGuy? ;)

I'm so glad this week is almost over. Not as busy although I have been working full time but not more.
It's a bit tricky to adapt to new routines even when they are good ones.

Do they speak CrazyBirdGuy? ;)

Most of them do. Lucia and Nero are the big talkers, Virg is pretty good with her words too and it's so cute when she talks because lovebirds have this meek, softly sweet little talking voices most the time. Storm says a few words, normally when she wants something, treats, love, what what have you. Cassie has two phrases and those are "Thank you" and "Nope, sorry!" As for Yamato, he has a few words but his real talent is mimicking sounds. He loves to sound like my or my fiance's phone ringtone and, when we go to answer the phone the little green punk literally laughs at us! Mango, he knows how to call me and my fiance into the room by yelling "Mom!" or "Dad!" depending on who he wants but he doesn't have a lotta words to him yet. Just takes time, a LOT of time and encouragement, for some parrots to learn to really talk human and, for some, it just ain't their thing, so who knows if Mango will learn to speak better or not.

Most of them do. Lucia and Nero are the big talkers, Virg is pretty good with her words too and it's so cute when she talks because lovebirds have this meek, softly sweet little talking voices most the time. Storm says a few words, normally when she wants something, treats, love, what what have you. Cassie has two phrases and those are "Thank you" and "Nope, sorry!" As for Yamato, he has a few words but his real talent is mimicking sounds. He loves to sound like my or my fiance's phone ringtone and, when we go to answer the phone the little green punk literally laughs at us! Mango, he knows how to call me and my fiance into the room by yelling "Mom!" or "Dad!" depending on who he wants but he doesn't have a lotta words to him yet. Just takes time, a LOT of time and encouragement, for some parrots to learn to really talk human and, for some, it just ain't their thing, so who knows if Mango will learn to speak better or not.

That sounds like such fun! Love is good, no matter where it comes from and it sounds like your bird family loves you very much!

It really does! I love birds, such wonderful companions. They have waaay more personality than one might imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been inspired by a lot of people in here, from simple posts to support and great suggestions. I was on Methadone for many years and CH was a great inspiration to me. My insight that my life wasn't as normal as I had thought so and that it was indeed possible to change. Herbavore and NSA have also been a great presence when it comes to support and advice. Spot on in various and important issues I've been through - from hormones to feelings. :)

I feel good being able to come here whenever I can sometimes just for a little while at the end of the day. There's a lot of interesting new people onboard!
And the sort of place I can be myself totally.

I completely feel the same. I've not had any contact with Herby or NSA, but I've read lots of posts by both, they seem very kind.

Thank you very much for the kind words!

^Ditto, aplumgirl.<3

I got so much done today. I'm trying to build a coyote-proof outdoor enclosure for my cats at night (they are used to going in and out at will but our neighborhood is now shared territory with coyotes and even the occasional mountain lion!).

Get yourself a pet mountain lion, that'll keep those pesky coyotes at bay. The most interesting night time wildlife we get over here are moths and the occasional badger.

badgers are cool :)

. ..and by cool I mean absolutely fucking disgusting :\

Watching a YouTube concert of Elvis from 1970. Watching Elvis makes me crave being high, not sure why?

Still doing my taper I'm down to 2/3 usage. Craving those pills right now tho.

I don't think I'll be able to watch them either. :\
Have just seen the opening and found it quite innovative.

Nice short day at work and a day off tomorow camping tonight and enjoying good music inc ziggy marley.

In an incredibly brutal relistate market I found a nice place to live for unbelievably cheap 5 minutes from work.. commute you can suck a dick.

Lucky you! I'm looking forward to relocating in a month or two closer to school/work. It's gonna be like a 12 mile bike but that is better than an hour in LA traffic or hours on public trans.

Lucky you! I'm looking forward to relocating in a month or two closer to school/work. It's gonna be like a 12 mile bike but that is better than an hour in LA traffic or hours on public trans.

i miss bike riding

there was a time id bike 12k to my friends and 12k back every day of the week.. i know this is the darkside, but id take tge trail along the river, and some mornings at 5am as the sun was rising and fog was everywhere, coming down off mushrooms and e were such memorable moments

I had the neighbors over for dinner tonight - it went well. This is the first time I have had non-family over to my house. In real life I'm very private and shy so this was a huge step for me. It was enjoyable.

We had to go out and buy wine glasses and a corkscrew, and the wine of course. You would think that being a heavy alcoholic for 17 years I would know something about wine - nope. Ultimately picked the wine based on a decent looking label. They drank most of it so I'm guessing it wasn't to terrible. I sent the remainder home with them.

It was nice to socialize sober and have no desire to drink. The wine didn't phase me which made me feel good - like I'm that much closer to being a normal person. Of course, I am not going to start hanging out in bars or keeping booze at my house for guests, but it was really nice to have a regular dinner with people and not be focused on the booze all night. I absolutely obsessed over the bread and chocolate cake for dessert - I haven't had bread in a few years, and I adore chocolate. I try to eat healthy but gave myself a pass tonight to indulge in carbs - it was devine lol.

I had the neighbors over for dinner tonight - it went well. This is the first time I have had non-family over to my house. In real life I'm very private and shy so this was a huge step for me. It was enjoyable.

We had to go out and buy wine glasses and a corkscrew, and the wine of course. You would think that being a heavy alcoholic for 17 years I would know something about wine - nope. Ultimately picked the wine based on a decent looking label. They drank most of it so I'm guessing it wasn't to terrible. I sent the remainder home with them.

It was nice to socialize sober and have no desire to drink. The wine didn't phase me which made me feel good - like I'm that much closer to being a normal person. Of course, I am not going to start hanging out in bars or keeping booze at my house for guests, but it was really nice to have a regular dinner with people and not be focused on the booze all night. I absolutely obsessed over the bread and chocolate cake for dessert - I haven't had bread in a few years, and I adore chocolate. I try to eat healthy but gave myself a pass tonight to indulge in carbs - it was devine lol.

Yummm! Carbs are such happy little devils!! I would never be able to quit carbs.

I'm so glad you were able to not obsess over the bottle of wine.

Sun, amphetamine and a benzo and then played some half decent basketball.
Alcohol, cannabis and pizza to end the day!
Hope other 'Lighters had good times too.
Peace and love

Status
Not open for further replies.